Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,047 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba (37809 Views)

List Of Nigeria University That Can Give You Admission Without Writing Jamb / Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Michael004: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2018
LZAA:

goblins wee not like that grin
My friend Dracula, how far na. Have you eaten flesh today?

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Michael004: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
;Dt
Thetruthsayer10:
lol it’s even 80% depending on how pained IPOB are
grin
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
I like teasing them it’s fun, believe me I take none of them serious on nairaland
But you quickly go and pass Igbo-phobic laws outside nairaland grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by LZAA: 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
My friend Dracula, how far na. Have you eaten flesh today?
grin grin
o ye goblin

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by LZAA: 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:
But you quickly go and pass Igbo-phobic laws outside nairaland grin
then create a thread praising akinphysicist and ambode for it grin grin goblins sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by femolii: 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
RealZizou:
Like play like play tribalism dey start o,na wen Aboki and Igbo start war we go dey blame den.
I tire 4 diz naija sef lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed
Lagos state na your state?
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Lumig: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Chikita66:
Lol, what are they trying to achieve?
... To promote and resuscitate their language from going into EXTINCTION
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by gtown: 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bobby808:
It means you want to completely kill GEJ, his family and other people of Niger Delta. Buhari will just send all his evil and devilish dancing groups to shoot every sons and daughter of the region. Remember, when IPOB ONLY demonstrated with small size flags when Buhari kill them in their thousands while Fulanis are carrying very powerful, arms kill people every week, Buhari is not even looking their side. May God punish Buhari this afternoon.
Face front! The issue here is not Buhari.
Mr Hater.

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by duduzz: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Well, The Yorubas and Eko in particular is doing everything possible to reclaim and take total control of whatever is theirs not minding her cosmopolitan nature as Nigeria is not and can never be one .
The government and people of SouthSouth and SouthEast should begin to play subtle ethnic programme as Nigeria will certainly collapse some day.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by RealZizou(m): 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2018
Google is ur friend
femolii:
Lagos state na your state?
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Michael004: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin
o ye goblin
Yea, yeah draculeeee grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by ofwest: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Yoruba language is a univerasal language see the Oxford dictionary and for that reason should also be used as a common educational language in Nigeria.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by MonPro: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
MrNigeria2018:

How many do you want to be told by SS to Bleep off

How many time have they asked you Igbos to come and carry your left over called Anioma people in Delta state to your erosion ravaged land?

Leeches = Igbos

Mr zoogeria2018 the empty skulled muslim.. No dey make noise...Come to PH and repeat what you are sayin here, na your empty skull go definitely suffer serious pumelling like that ewedu man own. Coward!grin grin
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Deadlytruth(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
I am happy with this development. At least my state's government too will eventually make the ability to speak one of the State's indigenous languages a condition for admission to AAU and other state owned institutions.
Generally speaking, the rejection of non-indigenes in Lagos institutions for inability to speak Yoruba will eventually force the governors of all other states not only to make revenge policies but to as well expand the existing state owned schools and build new ones.
Who said restructuring back to true federalism has not started?
No force on earth, they say, can stop an idea whose time has come.
Since the useless NASS has rejected every bill aimed at kick-starting restructuring, the process just must find another means to commence however irrational it might appear at first.
It is obviously starting from the education sector and will definitely spread over all other sectors with time.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by 4laferarri(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
fr3do:
Outright intolerance and tribalism

call it wat ever u want to call it,,,,,, na u sabi
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by LZAA: 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Yea, yeah draculeeee grin cheesy
grin grin

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Lumig:
... To promote and resuscitate their language from going into EXTINCTION
In that case, it's a move in the right direction.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by totit: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
grin grin grin

Make una welcome me back ooo

Back to the OP

Some people will cry silently today.

Kudos Ambode and congrats to all my yoruba people cool

4 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by mrlaw93(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:
.thanks for pointing out d mistake... what else?
The thanks is enough bro.. Uwc
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by emmykk(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:

slam your head on the slab and die or go back to your cursed erosion ravaged land..

Yoruba are afraid to call for a republic but doing things only republic demand fear fear people.

Foolishness is in Gov Amode's head,chief Obafemi Awolowo in his myopic tribalism didnt stoop so low to do this.

Gov Amobe kids are in foriegn land receiving quality education without studying yoruba language and here they are forcing you to do yoruba and you have guts abusing peoplw without telling us how that idea is not tribalism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by olril17(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
emmykk:

Yoruba are afraid to call for a republic but doing things only republic demand fear fear people.

Foolishness is in Gov Amode's head,chief Obafemi Awolowo in his myopic tribalism didnt stoop so low to do this.

Gov Amobe kids are in foriegn land receiving quality education without studying yoruba language and here they are forcing you to do yoruba and you have guts abusing peoplw without telling us how that idea is not tribalism
tell that to your god and personal saviour cownu.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Deadlytruth(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
hammer6U:
BIGOTRY, SEGREGATION AND HATE IS NOW DEEPLY ROOTED IN LAGOS CITY.

A CITY NIGERIANS BUILT, IS NOW FOR YORUBA ONLY.

WAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AMBODE AND NNAMDI KANU?

I am not Yoruba buy you see, in fairness to Yorubas, they, during pre-independence era, repeatedly made themselves clear that if having the federal capital would impose on Lagos the "no man's land" status, then they would not only accept the shift of federal capital from Lagos but that their region's government will gladly provide monetary support for the development of the new capital wherever else it was taken to.
It was rather the very myopic political leaders from the other parts of the South that kept on dreaming one Nigeria against all evidence pointing starkly to the contrary, thus rejecting the opportunity to have the capital shifted to their regions so that they too could have a city developed by all Nigerians' resources and energies collectively.
Moreover, the system of governance which ended up concentrating all the nation's revenues in Lagos long enough to give the city this irreversible primacy and excessive dominance over all other cities initially ahead of it was imposed on the country not by Yorubas but by army officers from the SE and the North.
So Yorubas did not ever beg other Nigerians to help them develop Lagos hence they are morally justified to do whatever they like with the city. It is a lesson to all other tribes that it does not pay to love others at your own expense especially when the person you are running after and begging for unity does not give a fucking damn about you.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by emmykk(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:

tell that to your god and personal saviour cownu.

i pity you mumusco
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by stifej: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Much noise over nothing, though I'm 100% YORUBA, I had my Secondary Education in Umuahia, Abia State (Government College) Well they don't teach Yoruba in the school, the rule then was you must have one language before you can be admitted to any University. I have no choice than to make myself Igbo, I take the lesson from Jss1 to SS3. I had A1 in Igbo. I think other tribes can do the same in Lagos. it's no big deal really. If you want to spend your life in an environment, it is only natural that you know the language

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
trioti:
Lagos State Government has made a law that makes having a credit in Yoruba language compulsory for all candidates seeking admission into all state-government controlled tertiary institutions in the state.

The law according to the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Kehinde Bamigbetan is meant to preserve and promote the Yoruba language in all schools in Lagos.

This, therefore, implies that any secondary school leaver irrespective of their tribe will not be given admission into the state-controlled tertiary institutions if the candidate does not have a credit in Yoruba language in his/her O’level.

So, if you are seeking admission into tertiary institutions and you don’t have a credit in Yoruba language, you’ll need to steer clear of these six schools in Lagos.

1. LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY.

2. LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNIC

3. MICHAEL OTEDOLA COLLEGE OF PRIMARY EDUCATION

4. ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION

5. LAGOS STATE SCHOOL OF NURSING

6. LAGOS STATE COLLEGE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY

The Yoruba Language Preservation and Promotion Law has since Thursday, February 8, 2018, became effective.

http://allroundblog.com.ng/2018/02/28/these-schools-wont-give-you-admission-if-you-dont-have-credit-in-yoruba/

grin grin.

No need for noise making. By October/November 2018 we will see what will happen.

This isn't the first time, Lagos state (Eko Aka Edo war camp) has created such useless dead before arrival law. Edo War camp is a no man's land within Nigeria and every state must obey all Nigerian laws, If they don't want to, they should simply declare independence.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
stifej:
Much noise over nothing, though I'm 100% YORUBA, I had my Secondary Education in Umuahia, Abia State (Government College) Well they don't teach Yoruba in the school, the rule then was you must have one language before you can be admitted to any University. I have no choice than to make myself Igbo, I take the lesson from Jss1 to SS3. I had A1 in Igbo. I think other tribes can do the same in Lagos. it's no big deal really. If you want to spend your life in an environment, it is only natural that you know the language

First of all, lagos is Bini property n not Yoruba land.

Meanwhile I've never heard of any useless senseless rule about needing a local Nigerian language in Nigeria to gain admission into our universities. It's It's very very false statement.

And finally, You can decide to learn igbo language and its okay, But it is illegal to enforce that Nigerians MUST learn Yoruba. The law is very clear on that.

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by totit: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
trioti:
Lagos State Government has made a law that makes having a credit in Yoruba language compulsory for all candidates seeking admission into all state-government controlled tertiary institutions in the state.

The law according to the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Kehinde Bamigbetan is meant to preserve and promote the Yoruba language in all schools in Lagos.

This, therefore, implies that any secondary school leaver irrespective of their tribe will not be given admission into the state-controlled tertiary institutions if the candidate does not have a credit in Yoruba language in his/her O’level.

So, if you are seeking admission into tertiary institutions and you don’t have a credit in Yoruba language, you’ll need to steer clear of these six schools in Lagos.

1. LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY.

2. LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNIC

3. MICHAEL OTEDOLA COLLEGE OF PRIMARY EDUCATION

4. ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION

5. LAGOS STATE SCHOOL OF NURSING

6. LAGOS STATE COLLEGE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY

The Yoruba Language Preservation and Promotion Law has since Thursday, February 8, 2018, became effective.

http://allroundblog.com.ng/2018/02/28/these-schools-wont-give-you-admission-if-you-dont-have-credit-in-yoruba/

I don't care who cry or not I believe subsequently more schools should, and would be added.

This is a welcome development grin

2 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by totit: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

First of all, lagos is Bini property n not Yoruba land.

Meanwhile I've never heard of any useless senseless rule about needing a local Nigerian language in Nigeria to gain admission into our universities. It's It's very very false statement.

And finally, You can decide to learn igbo language and its okay, But it is illegal to enforce that Nigerians MUST learn Yoruba. The law is very clear on that.

Lool
I am sure you are ibo,right? Lool.
Well, it's now legal go back to your village if you don't like the new law.

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Guyman02: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
Non Yoruba Employers and business owners should also not employ graduates with certificates from these institutions for discriminating against their children on tribal bases
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by bizhop01: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
The are mad
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
totit:

Lool
I am sure you are ibo,right? Lool.
Well, it's now legal go back to your village if you don't like the new law.

cheesy

We wait for October grin
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
Deadlytruth:

I am not Yoruba buy you see, in fairness to Yorubas, they, during pre-independence era, repeatedly made themselves clear that if having the federal capital would impose on Lagos the "no man's land" status, then they would not only accept the shift of federal capital from Lagos but that their region's government will gladly provide monetary support for the development of the new capital wherever else it was taken to.
It was rather the very myopic political leaders from the other parts of the South that kept on dreaming one Nigeria against all evidence pointing starkly to the contrary, thus rejecting the opportunity to have the capital shifted to their regions so that they too could have a city developed by all Nigerians' resources and energies collectively.
Moreover, the system of governance which ended up concentrating all the nation's revenues in Lagos long enough to give the city this irreversible primacy and excessive dominance over all other cities initially ahead of it was imposed on the country not by Yorubas but by army officers from the SE and the North.
So Yorubas did not ever beg other Nigerians to help them develop Lagos hence they are morally justified to do whatever they like with the city. It is a lesson to all other tribes that it does not pay to love others at your own expense especially when the person you are running after and begging for unity does not give a fucking damn about you.
Lagos is not Yoruba land.

The truth would never be suppressed forever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Primary School Best Graduating Student Gets New House As Gift In Rivers. Photos / Summary Of Jamb Novel "Sweet Sixteen" By Bolaji Abdullai / Madonna University: The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.