Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (434371 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by shaydeenamz(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2018
this raw talent bro,monetise ur art man...guy i want a mention

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silvertrinity(f): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2018
rex is a fool

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pinkbae(f): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2018
Thank you for the mention and the wonderful update

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Amhappy(f): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2018
I have not even started reading this story but i know it will be a bomb. Delayed diagnosis still on my mind. Souloho when are you are starting to sell your books in hard copy,i will love to buy and keep in my archive.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by light4life(f): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Soul!!! thank you for your consistence in blowing my brains off!! Walahi I appreciate a million times.

Biko I flashed my phone and lost my contacts, msg me abeg...it haf teyed!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
I like this update in particular, very lengthy, full of actions and suspense. Wehdone bro for the update, u're the writer with the most consistent update on nairaland. Others writers dey learn where u dey. Thanks for the dedication, jah bless.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
All i can say bro is that you are great

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2018
the nomination has start again please vote for him .

vote for souloho 19 .

don't just read souloho 19 story and go .

support him with your vote this month .

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Olalake(m): 7:53am On Jul 14, 2018
the worst thing to do is to read this fascinating crime story without commenting or appreciating the writer...

more grace frm JAH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Opeade939(f): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2018
Suspense..... Oga soul please update. Thumbs Up!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2018
out of the shadow!!!!!! Mhen this op na killer.... More brain to your head.... Mainwhile i'm writing my story too, check it out : Awaken: divine hunter.....

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nice update souloho19 well done

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by light4life(f): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
Pinkfeet:
the nomination has start again please vote for him .

vote for souloho 19 .

don't just read souloho 19 story and go .

support him with your vote this month .

please kindly drop the link here
Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2018
I've Always Come To Love The Handiworks Of Souloho19 In The Field Of Literature. The Guy Has Just Maintained Being A Genius.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2018
U guys are here waiting for an update, while voting is on, can't we just storm to the other page and vote for him massively? Souloho19 is our man and inspiration.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Gotee11(m): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
Were is the link

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Boywest1(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kia kia Kai, wetin I wan even talk sef... Infact send me your acct details... Let me pray over it grin, but seriously mehn you are am awesome writer �

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Magicmeemee(f): 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
Link for voting please
Re: The Hole In The Wall by pweetygiftofGod(f): 5:59am On Jul 16, 2018
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
Dedication
switkera okeyben10 phoenixchap explosive04 oroolorun helenbee EkopsparoAyara queenitee pweetygiftofGod cerowo charminee rapfrick RegArmani mekonglobal Ann2012 Evold rchilee Donteanz princessadeola shaydeenamz silvertrinity spinxytrixy light4life stevodot22 bleeze2 pinkfeet olalake opeade939preciousbouy illicitblood kaycee9242 paafin pacman gotee11 igyeseh rayvelez boywest1 magicmeemee

:::::::::::::::::::

Emenike was in a hidden room. We had to go through three different doors and curved passages before we entered the huge polished room.

He was in a jacuzzi which was in the center of the room. A big flat screen Tv on the extreme wall was showing CNN. But it was muted and apparently not being watched at all because Emenike was occupied with the two naked girls in the tub with him.

There was a tray on the marble of the jacuzzi and on the tray were lines and lines of white powder. With a rolled up dollar note. I took all these in in a matter of seconds then finally located the stereo responsible for the rap music blaring from the overhead speakers.
I pointed my gun at it but Dagnet touched my arm. She gestured with her gun and I saw her point. Her gun had a silencer attached to the muzzle, mine didn't. I nodded and she fired two quick shots into the stereo box, damaging it instantly. The music stopped.

Finally Emenike managed to notice the music had stopped and he stopped kissing one of the girls and shook his head as if to clear it. He glanced round the room and his eyes widened as he saw me and Dagnet with our guns trained at him.

"What who....whah..whah..." he stammered.

The nylon lady who had led us to his room said "I'm so sorry sir..."

"heeey....shhhh" Dagnet snapped.

"You two get out of here" I waved my gun at the two ladies who were high but still managed to be scared out of their skin. They hurried out of the jacuzzi dripping wet and very naked. They made for the door but Dagnet stopped them. "Take your towels...cover yourself up."

The ladies grabbed two towels thankfully from the rack and hurried out of the room.

Emenike looked after their ample behinds regretfully as the girls left and I snapped my fingers drawing his attention.

He looked at me with glassy eyes "you....you again....ex!."

"look at me...I'm not here for games...and its Rex not Ex, although I just might X you before this night is over" I moved around the jacuzzi to stand behind him. My movements were a bit slow and a dulling ache accompanied each step but I was not bothered.

"You have some letters I want....your father called it the red letters. The red letters, where is it?" I asked

"Red letter?...I don't understand...is the paper red or what? How is the letter red" he slurred his words.

I kicked the tray of coke into the tub of bubbling steamy water and Emenike's eyes cleared immediately.

"What...what did you just do?!" He struggled to turn around and face me. Twisting his neck to se me properly. "What the heck did you just do?!"

I dropped my gun and planted my hand on his head. Like a pastor conducting a deliverance. "red letters? where are they?"

"What-"

I didn't let him complete his statement. I forced his head down into the tub. It was suprisingly easy. This man needed calcium in his life. The excess drugs had basically turned his bones to liquid.

I held him down for 7 seconds then yanked him up. He coughed like a TB patient, rubbing his eyes vigorously.

"What are you doing to me? Zelda why did you bring this people here!" he barked, or croaked is a more apt term since his lungs were still partially filled with water.

"I'm sorry-"

"Heey, I say shhhh!" Dagnet shushed the nude lady who was on the verge of tears.

"Emenike, where are the letters..your father entrusted in your care?" I asked again

"I...I don't have it-ggrglgrrglegrrrglegrrrurgl..."

I had forced his head under once more. This time I waited for 11 seconds before I pulled him up.

He coughed and gasped for breath and I shouted in his ear. "Where are the letters? The red letters?"

he was still struggling for breath and I started to push him under again. He managed to croak out. (It was definitely not a shout) "wait..wait..."

His bald head was slippery but I managed to grab it and turn his neck so he could face me a bit.

"What is it? Where is it?"

::::::::::::

She arrived the house in a state of panic. she remained in her car for a full 30 minutes until she was certain no one had followed her. Then she ran up the stairs to the flat. Christie was waiting for her and after she knocked the special knock, she opened the door without asking who was there.

She hurried into the apartment. "Pack up...pack up every evidence of identity...we need to leave here!"

"What happened?"

"We have been compromised....I was followed after the meeting....that Rex is a big idiot. I just pray he fails and doesn't murder the other agent like I told him then he would get to hold his daughter's hand" Her voice was filled with wicked humour and Christie who had been feeling quite sleeply jerked fully awake.
"what do you mean....kill who"

she snapped at her "i said we have been compromised! Get the baby...get the emergency kit and let's bounce sharp-sharp!"

Christie hurried into the room full of worry and full of obedience.

::::::::::::::::

Bami, Andy and their newest recruit Bigelow rode in the same car. Bigelow had given his car keys to one of the uniformed cops at the hotel to help him drop his car off at the station till he was ready to pick it up. Actually he had considered the possibility that the real shadow could somehow track his car. Maybe seeing the location as the metro police station would give the bastard cause for concern.

"So you're telling me this Fome person was able to kidnap your partner's child in Jos and in less than 48 hours demand a face to face meeting in Lagos.?" Bigelow shook his head in wonderment

"It sounds surreal I know but stranger things have happened" Andy said from the driver's seat

"Wow, she is one mean determined lady" Bigelow said.

"Yea...but we need to burst her before she hurts the innocent child" Andy said. "How far any luck?" he asked Bami who had his phone glued to his ear in the passenger's seat.

"its ringing but he's not picking"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

'As I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
And if I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take'

Lucky Dube sang on from my back pocket as my phone continued to ring. Whoever was calling was very determined. But my attention was fully on Emenike instead. "Tell me where is it?!" I barked

"Its in a safe deposit box....I have the key..its in my safe in my room" He looked at floating tray and the traces of powder that had dissolved in the water and I was startled by the pain and regret in his eyes. He looked like he had just lost a relative.

"Where is the deposit box?" Dagnet asked

He looked at her as if seeing her for the first time but didn't reply.

I stamped my palm on his bald head and I didn't even plan to push him under but he immediately said;
"Its in a holding agency..its at Maryland"

"holding agency...what's that?"

"its like a bank...but they keep valuable things for you instead of money...like documents, will....and stuffs like that"

I tossed him the last towel on the rack. "Get out...put some clothes on then get us that key and take us to the safety deposit box"

He scrambled out of the tub and I remembered how he had once been quick and agile, as a black belt holder. But now he had emaciated greatly and lost weight. It seems with his father not around to keep an eye on him, his drug use spiralled out of control.

"What's wrong?" Dagnet asked me when I winced

"Nothing....just a little pain, that's all."

My phone started ringing again and I finally picked it up.
"Hello....Bami, yea she came....a lot has happened. She made some ridiculous demands"

"like what?" Bami asked

like killing you......

"errm...let's see first. I'm on my way to Maryland now with the chief's son."

"Okay...keep in touch...we'll meet you there"

I ended the call then forced every thought out my head. The important thing right now was to get to the deposit box for the letters.

Emenike had tied the towel round his waist and he staggered. The man was clearly still very muched stoned out of his brain.

"Which room is the key in? Is it the room in your house or you have another room here?!" I barked. I barked a lot lately...guess I was tired of being the underdog in every situation.

"What....what key....You!' he pointed at me and gasped like he was just seeing me. "You again...." he staggered dangerously close to the jacuzzi "what's that your yeye name again....Ex!...no Text! you have the guts to come to my comfort zone" He hiccuped then glanced at Dagnet briefly.
"I will kick your ass before I kick you out of my club" even as he said it he staggered dangerously

I looked at Dagnet. In a 'is this one okay at all?' expression.

"Where is the key to the safety box?" I asked

"errrrm...say whah? where are the Candy twins? Zelda what is going on here?" He asked the nude lady. His pupils were dilated and his eyeballs were gone.

Dagnet looked at me "He is useless right now...he's too stoned to understand what is happening"

"That's not my business....I will beat understanding into him" I replied.

:::::::::::::::::

Tonye was feeling very restless. She paced the house calling one person after the other. Only when she spoke with Bami and he told her about the gun fight at the hotel did she sit down.

We need to leave here....everything is in Lagos...Emma is in Lagos, we were tricked! She said to herself. Standing up and sitting down again. Her husband had had two very close brushes with death in 72 hours. She couldn't bear it if anything happened to her.

Her phone rang and she saw it was her assistant. "Hey Kirsten...how is Olivia, and Rex's mother?"

"They're both fine...I've been looking over some files and I'm finding a lot of loop holes that I'm sure would provide much needed answers once I do some extra digging...but I'm without the resources here....I do my best work at BROTA"

"I know....I'm still trying to decide if we should book a flight back..but its Olivia..I don't feel okay with leaving her yet"

"I understand ma.."

Her phone beeped and she glanced at the screen. S.S i.e Short Sam was calling.

"Hold on...Kirsten, I'll call you back"

She answered the waiting call. "Hello Sam, please tell me something good"

"Well, I have something alright....if it is good depends on your point of view"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
yayyy
thanks for d update man

"ex" should tell bami already there's a bounty on his head. that might just help them piece up d puzzle.

bami eyes will so pop outta d sockets

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
thanks for the update

please don't forget to vote after reading this update

Ghost readers please vote for souloho 19 that is the way you can compensate him .

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
God bless you soul I've been waiting for this update since, Emma's safe return is key. Rex Naming n Tonye should not cross path with harm please.. Emenike is done for and I perceive he's just a puppet or a chess piece, the real players are about to be uncovered

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by PToretto(m): 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks for the update

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pweetygiftofGod(f): 11:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
One of the best, every wait has been worth it

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Gotee11(m): 12:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Nice one, but nothing should happen to that child o

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 12:09am On Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HORLADSTAR(m): 1:14am On Jul 17, 2018
Nice update Bro

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:18am On Jul 17, 2018
Double Agent Sparrow Ayara... Suspects on the move... I repeat suspect is on the move... Chai, Alli no Joy won't get to them... Rex, disclose that ridiculous task to everyone.. Eminike, too high to be coordinated.. BRAVO SOULOHO..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 3:13am On Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the update Souloho 19

Can someone save Emma already sad

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 6:29am On Jul 17, 2018
Oga Souloho19, this one is too small to belleful person now...
Questioning Emenike is like talking to one's shadow. Best thing is to take him away for questioning later when his eyes are clear.
Oh poor Alli, he would meet the house deserted.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.