Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:17 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (432432 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 7:33am On Feb 09, 2019
BROTA are AWOL.... Souloho please call them back this waiting is taking too long and I believe first minister and 3F are ready to drill a hole through the Obasi's a$$. It's been a while boss

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by IAmkingoludav(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2019
I know there's still a vacant place at brota (Olivia's) pls I wan rep her so I fit kick mynet's ass pls soul

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Solly1(m): 2:50am On Feb 10, 2019
(In Steve Crown' voice) we wait on you, soul we wait on you, oh yeah.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by light4life(f): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2019
so this is your plan Oga Soul!!! ehhh? you just like twisting people's minds, is not good oo...

But I seem to be addicted to the twist...kai! please come and update biko...ejor...da'allah...please sir cry

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by do4luv14(m): 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
light4life:
so this is your plan Oga Soul!!! ehhh? you just like twisting people's minds, is not good oo...

But I seem to be addicted to the twist...kai! please come and update biko...ejor...da'allah...please sir cry

chaiii oga souloho19, see as your fans don wax lyrically,
dey use am holla you come update, soteeeyy....

she don speak naija llngure franca finish, chaiiii

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by rchilee: 1:46am On Feb 12, 2019
Soulho19 is this similar to 'killing eve'?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Chiprince007(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2019
Baba souloho e don pass three days wet u say update go land
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HisGrace0000001(m): 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
Souloho19 is viewing.
Anything for us bro?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
HisGrace0000001:
Souloho19 is viewing.
Anything for us bro?

Evening bro, the update has even been ready for days but my phone suddenly decided to antagonize me by acting up. In a matter of minutes bro the update would drop.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
Patiently waiting for the update Boss
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HisGrace0000001(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
souloho19:

Evening bro, the update has even been ready for days but my phone suddenly decided to antagonize me by acting up. In a matter of minutes bro the update would drop.
Wow!!!
Thought as much, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HisGrace0000001(m): 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
Kimmiebabie:
You welcome.

I can't wait to see the next update, that the main reason I come online. Lol.

PS. I've loved that name since I was born. I could even marry a Rex Obasi, if I see one. Lmao.
what's the meaning of obesity, please?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kimmiebabie(f): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
HisGrace0000001:
what's the meaning of obesity, please?

Excess storage of fat in the body.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HisGrace0000001(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
Kimmiebabie:

Excess storage of fat in the body.
Oh my grin shocked
Wanted to write obasi and auto correct did it's job grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kimmiebabie(f): 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
HisGrace0000001:

Oh my grin shocked
Wanted to write obasi and auto correct did it's job grin

Lmao,
Well Obasi is another name for God in Igbo apart from chi. You know like Abasi in calabar.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HisGrace0000001(m): 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
Kimmiebabie:

Lmao,
Well Obasi is another name for God in Igbo apart from chi. You know like Abasi in calabar.
OK.
Thanks for the enlightenment.

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 11:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
Dedication
HisGrace0000001 do4luv14 light4life Cerowo phoenixchap Kaycee9242 arrestdarrester Oroolorun Evold Princevirus mitchelljnr explosive04 Ann2012 dimssy Uthman51 Cylovee EVARISTOMONARCH HelenBee Solly1 Kimmiebabie Slimynonny paqman winie EbonyQueen001 MarianIsy (so sorry it'd coming do late but happy birthday and more blessings) Assurance1000 Chiprince007 xeenoblack15 Gracious Spyrodee mimilight princessadeola stevodot22 princessadeola stevodot22 queenitee charming MhisTahrah WAACUT rowdymind honourable356 silvertrinity

::::::::::::
Both kidnapper A and kidnapper B were now rolling on the floor, groaning. Ada lay still, crippled by indecision. There had been at least four men the night before, but ever since she had regained consciousness she had only seen these two. They had been the ones to carry her to the bed when 3f had ordered it, that had been the moment she knew they were going to kill her.

She hadn't really heard any other voice or had she? The house was silent, that is apart from the low groans emitting from the dying men on the floor. To think the pills were that deadly, to cripple two grown men who were quadruple her size. And the cold hearted bitch had fed it to her like baby food. Ada wondered if the cold hearted bitch was still in the apartment. Surely she would have heard the death cries of her minions. She would have come running to the room to see what was happening or at most she would have yelled as usual.

But nothing, Ada opened her eyes and rolled over to the edge of the bed, watching the half open door intently for any sign of movements. She looked at both men, they were definitely dead or quarter to the grave anyway. She thought they were dead but they still gave the occasional twitch.

A suitable weapon was the next thing on her mind and there it lay, where it had rolled, under the table when the leg of kidnapper B had knocked the empty bottle over. She grabbed it and didn't have any idea what to do with it. All her experiences with bottles had always been about tipping the contents into her mouth but now she was going to smack the anorexic bitch on the head with it if she had to. If she wanted to survive. And she wanted to survive, oh she wanted to survive badly for Bridge-the only guy she had ever really loved. Rex had been a brief infatuation, not love. The last trace of the teenager in her, swooning over a liar who she thought owned a fictional magazine and was the key to the actualization of her fashion career dreams.

But at 21 she was way more mature and above his bullshit.
And then she met Bridge.....

The first drop didn't threaten before rolling down her cheek. She grabbed the bottle from under the bare table, adjusting her gown as she straightened. She had to be strong, she had to keep her head straight. For Bridge. She owed it to him.
She didn't cry this time, thinking of his name, but she took a deep breath and began to move slowly to the open door.

Left leg, right leg, left leg, right leg, she followed the order, putting one foot before the other. The floor was cold and she was barefoot which meant she didn't make any shuffling noise but she moved painstakingly slow, it was silent, which was good but the floor was really cold.

The bottle held and pointed in front of her like a gun as she moved round the body of kidnapper A. Her hand was steady, not shaking like earlier. It felt like she was living a movie. Or that she was in a cinema (with Bridge) front row seats, munching on popcorn and watching herself in HD as she crept toward the door.
Suddenly a hand gripped her leg and she screamed, with her heart almost flying out her mouth in shocked fear. This was like a zombie scene, and it wasn't a movie, it was reality.

Kidnapper B was all but dead but still trying to drag himself up and he had managed to stretch his hand round her ankle. He was the same pervert who had been touching her earlier. The bastard was determined to die touching her legs.

By some kind of miracle, the bottle hadn't fallen to the floor when she jerked and screamed and as the dying kidnapper tried to grab her leg again, groaning and crawling on his belly, she brought the bottle down on his head, with a force she normally would be incapable of creating but which was in accordance with the high rate of her pulse at the moment.

Smaaaaaaaash!

The head which had been partially raised and drooling disgustingly, literally fell to the floor from the smashing impact. This time there was no more occasional twitch.
That had been the nail in the coffin. She opened her eyes; she had shut it reflexively and pieces of glass had been shattered around, but the main shard was lodged in the deep bloodied cut on the kidnapper's head. It was a horrible sight. She looked away quickly and glanced at what had become of her bottled weapon. Mostly just the handle was left but there was a shard with a sharp end attached to it.

The head smash could not have been more fierce and it was definitely the impact that had snuffed out the dying embers of life the kidnapper had been fanning and clinging to.

Suddenly, blood flashed through her mind as the thick blood formed a pool around the body. Realizing what it meant felt just like she had used the same glass to slit the throat of the 3f woman, coupled with the brief second flash of the kidnapper's head wound. She shuddered at the crimson scenes in her mind and the bottle remnant fell from her hand. She had goosebumps all over her body and she rubbed her arms as a chill swept through her.

She was certain there was no other person in the house, not with the kind of noise plus her earlier screaming.

Maybe if she had been thinking of something else it wouldn't have happened but just as the thought of being alone crossed her mind, she heard a noise that had to be from outside and the definite sound of the main door (probably the parlour) opening and closing.

Someone had just entered the house.

::::::::::::::::
Bami spent some seconds staring at the car park, precisely at the red venza which already seemed to have accumulated dust in just less than 48 hours where it was parked. His wife's car, an item seized from the bastard lawyer who had been flirting with her. Every time Bami thought about the car, he thought about the lawyer exco man of the widows initiative, and he got angry, very angry. Good thing the bastard was rotting in prison.

Right now he couldn't reminisce or even miss his wife, a young girl was counting on him. He hoped to God that she was still alive and that the address Ss had given him was correct. He hurried to the gate house after beeping his car open with the remote control.
"Hey I'm driving out. Don't let anybody in...nobody at all!" He was about to rush back out when he thought of Sparrow.

"Cornelius remember the man that broke in that time?"

"Yes sir" the young man manning the computer replied miserably. How could he forget the berating he had gotten because of the man. How on earth he had broken in was a mystery and would remain a mystery for eternity.

His boss was still talking, "silver hair...or grey....grey hair and he has a tattoo of a bird on his right arm..."

"yes sir I remember." The security operative reaffirmed.

"he may come by, let him in...only him if he comes if not use the microphone to announce that I'm on my way and he should hold on. He'd understand it's for security reasons."

Bami turned and rushed out of the security house but Cornelius called out; "sir is he driving?"

If he was driving then the second guard, the one armed to the teeth like a soldier in call of duty would have to go out and inspect the car, for explosives mainly, unless the camera would be able to zoom in on the face which would be unlikely.

Bami poked his head back into the room and blinked.,"eerrm I don't know if he's driving...just announce with the microphone that the driver step out for identification. It's very important that you not let any other person in and none of you step out."

With that he rushed off to his car and as he reversed and turned around, the gate slid open. There was no one on the other side. The camera hadn't even picked up any movement. They had one more camera further ahead, which offered partial view of the main road but apart from the blur of speeding vehicles there was nothing headed their way- yet.

Bami drove out and watched the gate slide shut in his rear view mirror. He quickly tried his phone, and gratefully Sparrow picked.

They were becoming to reliant on the guy, but who cares? The guy was damn good and they needed him.

"what's going on?" sparrow asked. He sounded like he was jogging or at least walking really fast.

"we have a lead on the girl. Where are you? Did you dispose the bodies? Can we meet up?"

When Sparrow replied, his voice wasn't so soft anymore, it sounded a bit jagged."too many questions you ask Mr Bamidele...my soul is weakened at this moment and I am not at my peak, I need to recharge my batteries...meditate, connect with the wind my element." plus the shot of alcohol with the school gatemman earlier hadn't helped either. Or it had helped in a healthy way, it was roots and herbs after all. But still, alcohol weakened the qi,which was in essence, life's essence.

Bami would have thought Sparrow was as crazy as he sounded if he hadn't himself seen massive results of the 'craziness'

"How did you know my full name?" he asked, easing up on the accelerator a bit as he watched the speedometer needle danced close to the 100 mark. .
But the call had already been disconnected.

Bami fumed;
Sparrow had been troubled in spirit earlier because of the people he had killed or "the blood he had shed" as he would have so eloquently put it.
The bottom line was, Bami was alone.

That had never been a problem.

He controlled the steering with one hand and opened the arm rest with the other. It contained a semi automatic pistol with two magazines. He hoped the kidnappers liked to read.

He smiled at his own wit as he expertly inserted one of the cartridges into the gun. It wasn't until 12 minutes later when he came across a red light and had to slow down completely that he pulled back the top of the gun, loading it and chambering a round. Ten bullets ready to be fired in quick succession.

His one wish was to beat the rush hour traffic and he hoped fervently that the road would be clear.

Maybe the day was world anti-wish day, because just as with Ada earlier, the moment the thought of traffic crossed his mind, he came across a complete stand still. It was that bad that car ignitions were turned off to save fuel and sum drivers were taking a nap. He lowered his widow, making sure to hide the gun discreetly in his lap. There was a gala seller moving through the maze of cars and the scene reminded him of a stunt he had once pulled on Rex Obasi with a gala seller two years ago.

He asked the seller, "what is causing this traffic?"

"Na tanker, the two tires burst and e dey carry fuel. E block the whole road. Na only Okada fit pass and when them reach there they carry the machine over the corvette and follow one way if not them no go pass"

"Shit!" Bami tried to reverse but he was boxed in now. A Danfo bus had already killed its engine behind him and some passengers were coming down, probably preferring to walk, and asking for a refund from the conductor who was arguing with them.

He watched them through the rear view as he dug into the arm rest again and removed the second clip. He stuffed it in his pocket and thanked his informant (who had been hoping to make a sale) before rolling up the glass. Next he opened his pigeon hole and retrieved a gun extension, a silencer. He hardly used it but now he was glad he remembered it.

His fingers danced in the air as he gazed round the car. He was a little bit nervous. Despite the fact that he had done this a lot of times. Finally he dug under the passenger seat and pulled out a used chicken republic plastic bag.

He had been in a neat location he couldn't throw out the nylon on the road, unless different civil servants spring out of thin air and arrest him for polluting the environment. He remembered Tonye had been driving but he couldn't remember where they had been going. But he knew he had been hungry and as he dug into the snacks, he pushed the nylon under the seat. Somehow it had remained there, even when he washed the car (more like wiped it with a wet rag) on weekends.

He stuffed the gun into it, it didn't really do much to conceal the shape because he had to wrap the polythene around it or carry it by the handle. Finally he switched on the gun safety then gripped the gun with his finger on the trigger, wrapped the nylon round the weapon as much as he could and opened the car. He had no choice, he would have to leave it there.

There was a kind of panicky feeling amongst the people because the tanker was apparently loaded with fuel which was why most people had decided wherever they were going could wait. They weren't ready to come and die because they were going back home, or going to the mall or going to see a lover or friend.As a result there were quite a few empty vehicles and roaming bikes and Bami hailed one and gave him the address. Unbuttoning the middle button of his shirt so he could slide and hide the gun in his right hand in, but then he thought; To hell with it!

"Oga I no go fit reach inside that street na only keke them dey allow but I go pay am for seven hundred naira." the bike man announced.

Without a word Bami hopped on the bike and they sped off.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 11:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
:::::::::::::
I had thought deeply about it and I was convinced. The hole was basically (and literally) too deep to make a mistake like that. In this case the mistake entailed selecting a driver for the heir apparent of the powerful cabal called The Hole.

The driver had to be in on it somehow, he probably didn't know deeper details or even plain details about his boss' activities but there was no way the hole could leave a potential whistle-blower as the first minister's driver. Even though he was told to leave the car whenever his boss had to take a call, and was never privy to deep conversations, there was the possibility that he would at least notice something (cause well, he's the driver after all) and then talk to someone. (maybe a wife or friend or even a darn dog) about how secretive his job was.

And the hole didn't play games. They didn't joke with maybes or possibilities at least that was one thing I now knew. The driver with the three names had to know something. No matter how unimportant the knowledge may be. He was hiding something. I was certain of that. I was also almost certain he was going to give it up. We were not here to play games. I had a wife and kid that needed me back home.

This house was definitely not meant for living, but probably for what was going on now, i.e; interrogation/torture. I sat on the only table. In the small room, the matching chair was a wooden pile on the floor broken when the driver had been shoved back by Tonye's heels. The driver's phone was in my hands. Luckily for him he didn't have a password.

He had a very boring call log when I checked. I redialled the numbers, starting from the very last and farthest number which was two days ago. Nothing important or even remotely interesting apart from two of the numbers were switched off I tried to run a True caller search with my phone. The first number kept searching and searching with no result, but the second turned up a registered name: Uyi Ebueyu. I would run it by Short Sam, see if anything would pop up although I doubted it.

That reminded me about Ss and his family. I hadn't gotten feedback yet from Bami even about Andy.

I was about to call him on my phone when someone picked the call on the driver's phone.

It was a woman. "Honey, why haven't you called me yet. This was not what we discussed oh! Should I still be expecting you today or your boss won't give you chance as usual?" She sounded like a pissed off girlfriend.

My eyes grew wide as my brain began to race. This was a dicey situation. If I played it just right and smart I could get valuable info.
I coughed,
"Oh....he's sleeping madam. We drove all night and he did most of the driving, but I'm driving now and I came with him so that I would drive our boss through out today and he would have time to spend with you."

She suddenly sounded excited "wow that's wonderful. Is he there? Let me talk to him."

"mmmmmmm........mmmmmmmm...." the driver tried to call out but Tonye knelt on his chest, stifling his cries with the soaked towel.

"errrm he's asleep. Like I said earlier he drove overnight. Just tell me where you are and I'd drop him before going to work. I have to drive our boss somewhere by 6"

I held my breath and glanced at Tonye. She glanced at me and increased the pressure on the towel. The muffled protest seized immediately and the driver began to jerk like he was dying but I knew it was more likely to be from the different stale scents and ordour from the filthy rag.

"it's our usual guest house now, not far from the hotel because that his yeye boss can call anytime so that he'd be there immediately but since you said you're the one driving this time, let me send you my home address so you bring him....wait what's that noise?" She asked curiously while I was busy thinking of how to get her to give me the other address close to the 'hotel' the 'boss' lodged.

"errrm.." I glanced at the source of the noise and I thought of a quick lie. Instead I found myself sounding exasperated as if the question was absurd. "Are you trying to tell me he just started snoring recently or you've not seen him for so long you forgot what he snores like or maybe it's because it's over the phone and to be honest he's tired"

She laughed nervously, "abi o....okay lemme give you the house address. You'll need to locate Ikeja along first, then..."

"wait wait wait....just get me the first address first... We will need to go see our boss then maybe I'll drop you both later" Damn I was a smooth liar.

"ah! Oya be coming na... I'll wait.."

I rubbed my temple trying to be patient but the frustration headache was building.

"okay where are you now?" I tried again.

"the usual place close to the hotel or you people are not staying in Orientals this time around?"

Orientals hotel? Oh good. So contrary to my earlier assessment, the chief did lodge in a hotel, a four star hotel.

I almost ended the call immediately but I decided to play the part to the end.

"how do you expect me to know your side exactly. There are plenty places near Orientals, or you think your...." I didn't know if to say boyfriend or husband. I settled for the personalized word ladies love to hear, ".... Your man talks about things like that when if Oga hears it he'll fire him."

"okay, I'm in a guest house...hakims guest house two streets away but when you're done call so I'll come out and you can drive us to my-"

To hell with role acting. I cut the call and tossed the phone on the floor. Tonye finally eased up on the driver and stood up.

She looked at me , "well?"

"I think I know where the first minister is in Lagos."" I said.

"so what do you propose, we head to lag with the tickets Jimoh booked?"

"no....i don't want us to leave my family yet.... And yet stopping the bastard is the only way to really end this."

"we're stretched thin in Lagos we don't have any manpower to spare." Tonye reminded me.

I scratched my Jaw and Tonye snapped her fingers, "hey I'll go... I' can still make the flight and I can stake out the hotel at least."

"Are you sure? It's really dangerous oh!" I said

She looked at me drily. "of course it's dangerous, I'm not going to do anything but just observe, see what's happening, if he's meeting someone or not, his security detail whether heavy or not. It seems he likes moving low key without security."

I nodded, "but since the airport chase he may have switched up. It's a good plan, just gather enough Intel like how long he'll be staying there and the purpose and any other thing you can grab then I can contact Sparrow, he was talking about an offensive strike planned by Mr X or something like that"

Suddenly there was a shout from outside. The driver was on the floor, the knee press had really sucked the air out of his lungs and he could hardly breathe, let alone talk.

The shout from outside however was the other driver. I had forgotten him in the back of the ambulance. Where the bad road bounced his unconscious body about. But now he was conscious. His shouts weren't really audible because the widows were up but he wasn't trying to open the doors. Tonye and I rushed outside and I could see his form, bent in the driver seat. It looked like he was trying to hot wire the ambulance and drive away.

"all my mind was even on the other driver I forgot all about this one." I said as we watched the stationary ambulance for a second. The keys were in my hand and Tonye stretched hers for them.

"well if I'm to meet up with my flight, it has to be with the ambulance, sirens blazing and all. I'll just leave it in the airport park or something with the key so you can get it later.
"
"Hmmm...but what about the driver?"

"which of them?" she replied/asked.

I shook my head in exasperation. "that one jumping up and down in the ambulance you plan to drive."

We observed the man, the wipers were swinging now, he was messing with the wires, trying to hot wire the ambulance.
Tonye brought out the tazer which was hooked to her belt. "an ambulance speeding with its siren on, needs to have a patient" With that she walked briskly to the ambulance. Opened the door with the key and met the weak punch the driver (who was still a little disoriented) threw at her with the tazer. Shocking his knuckles then moving the current to his body when he jerked his fist back. In less than a minute Tonye was driving off, sirens blazing with the patient in the floor in the back, oxygen mask over his face. Heading to the airport once more.

I reentered the house to continue my interrogation, but I couldn't help thinking; Tonye was a bad ass.

It took me less than a second to realize the driver was no longer on the floor, among the pieces of broken chair. The rope was on the floor.

From the corner of my eye I saw the movement and turned around right in time, raising my hand to block the chair leg blow aimed at my head.

My hand got most of the impact, pain (which was a lot) but my sudden defensive swing must have sprained my currently healing broken rib because a sharp pain shot from my side and I almost doubled over. I might have if not for the fact that I had a mad man swinging a broken piece of wood at me, which I just realized had a dangerous nail at the head. The blood trickled from my hand where it had pierced skin.

The bastard was aiming for head again. There was only one option and I did it. I threw my entire weight at him, to knock him off balance, and I succeeded. He missed the swing, the deadly wood making an arc sideways. I grabbed his hand, gritting my teeth but still groaning. Why in earth did this pain decide to spring out now?
Thank God for feet. I can only imagine my attacker had forgotten we were also blessed with legs as we struggled for the wooden spear, like it was a gun. That was until I placed a good goal kick to his balls.

He doubled over and fell to the ground. The scuffle was over almost as soon as it had started. The wooden stake fell to the floor and I clutched my side, pressing the bandage the doctor had wrapped the previous day in the hospital as the pain subsided.

There was no time. I thought angrily as I straightened up after some seconds, panting like a cheater after a long sprint. I had to find out about the incoming attack on my family because it was surely coming. If this fool couldn't help me then I was done wasting time with him.

He was still on his knees, groaning in pain and clutching his manhood. I couldn't imagine the pain he was going through and frankly, I didn't want to.

"when is the attack taking place? Who is the person, what is the purge. How does it work?" I barked

"Jesus!" he rolled over and I saw his eyees glistened with tears unshed."you're a psycho....i don't even know what you're talking about....aaaaaarrggghh......i don't know what the purge.......arggggg...why did you kick me in the nuts?" he complained, with his face contorted in pain.

Somehow I knew he wouldn't know anything about the purge. Well I could as well go stay with my family to offer extra protection as we played the waiting game but I couldn't just let the fucker go or leave him there......... It was hard to say it, I'd sound like a dangerous killer.....i frowned in thought, I couldn't just leave him alive....

There had to be something else I could do... I'd figure something else....but first.... I barked again: "when is your boss planning to attack my home? Tomorrow right?"
No reply. The bastard was unconscious.

::::::::::::::::::::
Lagos,

S.s spent a few minutes downstairs d- with his family. His wife was in the kitchen with Dagnet, they were eating jam donuts. His little boy had had his fill and was in the corner lost in a super Mario computer game in one of the open assistan's office. It was Jimmoh's. He must have rushed off to the hospital after receiving the call and Short Sam watched his son staring intently at the screen, fingers tapping the keyboard game control buttons expertly.

That was how his journey into the hacking world also began. First love for computer games then the software that make the games, then software in general. . He shook his head. His son would do better than him, would be better. He couldn't see the other agent (Bigelow) but his wife seemed to be getting along well with Dagnet. Who was telling her some of her solved cases as a detective. He drank a cup of cold water and ate a donut before heading back upstairs. He was going to attempt to piggy back on the signal that had locked onto his home network earlier and try and trace it.

:::'
Meanwhile in the underground holding unit, Bigelow slapped the man Sparrow had knocked out. The man didn't wake, just made some noise and resigned unconscious. Whatever Sparrow had done had been very bad.

Bigelow was formerly with the counterterrorism division so he was a master interrogator. Which meant he was well versed on torture techniques even without tools.
Another slap....heavier than the last and the eyes blinked and fluttered open.

Bigelow was going to find out all about the henchmen and foot soldiers the hole had.

:::::::
In a self contain apartment in Apapa Lagos, a rather huge man walked around the unkempt apartment deep in thought. Every now and again he would stop and read a message on his phone.

you saw the news. Find a way to finish your job. Something controlled, no other casualties, very important. Go creative on this one big, I trust you. But do it fast.
.- fm

That was exactly the kind of attitude that had seen Sam emerge as a acting leader and personal boy to sir Holly.
He knew how to get the best out of his people. The chief had once been a threat to the position especially with his success and crazy money influx, from his various trafficking schemes.

But Amunike had become too careless...power drunk and he had been taken down while the first minister had cemented his status as the main man by keeping the hole away from the spotlight and even using his position as in law to the golden boy to campaign for the senatorial seat which he eventually won.

Right now the huge man who really had extra large feet glanced at his phone screen once more as he hit the center table.

Go creative on this one big!'

He was an artist, he took great care in his work. And he never missed. Even now, his initial target had been the reporter and he hadgotten her one time. It would have been a perfect two bird one stone scenario, or. In this case one bomb.....but the motherfucker had survived. Or according to the latest update was fighting for 'her' life.

Go creative on this one big!'

He stopped pacing, looking lost into space...lost in the world of explosives and chemical reactants. After a while he began to smile. He needed Something small and contained, to get only one person, in this case the survivor...the private investigator and no one else, that automatically ruled out a lot of explosives and planting/detonating techniques and meant it would probably not kill the person outright but inflict terminal injuries. Now he smiled.
He was creative enough, he would design a get well card which would really be a paper bomb. He would make sure it gets to the agents room himself.

The huge man who was around 6'5 stopped pacing restlessly. He began to hum, he was about to create something beautiful, something just like art, the type that could kill.

[b]:::::::::::[b]
The area was a nice spot for young boys going to school to pluck mangoes. The trees were many, towering over each other and providing shade with big fresh juicy looking fruits that always never seemed to go out of season.

The man standing in the center of the shade was definitely not interested in the fruits. He had both hands joined together and eyes closed. His lips moved though it seemed there was no sound. He was squatting but balanced on just one leg, the other was stretched out in front of him. It looked so tedious, even imagining it alone was tedious but the man seemed to be very relaxed. He was shirtless and there wasn't a single sweat on his back, as a gentle breeze swept the dried leaves on the floor. But the peculiar sight was the birds, just like the tattoo on his right arm, they all gathered, on both shoulders and on his outstretched leg. All the other birds remained in their nests in the tree, observing and probably tweeting about the spectacle below. They were not invited to the session. All the birds around the shirtless man was one specie; Sparrow.

::::::::::::::
Just like Rex had predicted, the first minister was pissed . But if wasn't even because of the hotel chase and him rushing like a criminal to the jet. No, it was the news that reached him about the killed operatives, in different operations and locations. He had shouted like a psycho, but he was thinking of the old man. Still old but very much aware of every single event, everything that happens reaches sir Holly's ears immediately.

He began to put the heat. He reached out to Bigfoot, contracted the eleven killer and called to confirm his wife's flight ticket was reserved. The hacker was still alive, that fact was annoying and instead the hit team was missing, the clean up cops had been murdered in the scene.

He couldn't stop his voice from rising, because the stress Rex Obasi, the rascal had put him through was still so frustrating.
In no vague or uncertain terms he told 3F stay the Bleep away from operations.

At which point she flared back (this was when Ada heard her shout)

Then why was the kidnapped girl brought to this her rent free house in the first place?
The first minister had apologized immediately. That guy had mastered a kind of chilling politeness that was scary.

He assured that he was going to reach out to Flacko, who was a liason and member of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria group as well as hole member. They were going to mobilize a bad strike team. It was unfortunate the shadow was dead, he was perfect in missions like this but they still had enough sheer manpower volume to raze BROTA to the ground. But first she needed to get rid of every evidence and vacate the surulere address where the girl was.

"Oh relax I already poisoned her and I'll have her buried soon.. If not for this call that took me outside. Flacko just got these guy's in electricity costumes in my place with the girl."

"did they touch her?"

"no... She said no"

"the electricity was the theme of the strike....but it didn't go according to plan. Before tomorrow we should get her brother. Then I think I can get sir H to approve the prison hit on Amunike. He has been a liability for too long....". The first minister never liked the chief and vice versa.

3f hurried inside, slamming the door and shouted for the useless jump suit kidnappers to come dig a grave, she planned to bury the girl...then that slight pulse she had felt on the girl's leg earlier would die a natural death.

"where are you guys? Hurry up load the truck and the jeep..." she snapped but then stopped, the room was half open and she could see a stretched leg on the floor.
She hurried to the room and pushed the door open, there lay the dead bodies of two of the stupid kidnappers.
The bed was empty.

Tbc, pardon any errors in this particular update.
Jah bless!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Chiprince007(m): 8:01am On Feb 14, 2019
You always leave us in suspense souloho
I tip my hat to you. Awesome work
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EbonyQueen001(f): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2019
Errors pardoned.

Good work bro.

I wanna ask, just as I did last time..
Is your work protected?
If not, work on it please.

Question of the day... Where is Ada?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by cerowo(f): 8:49am On Feb 14, 2019
wow this is awesome souloho keep it coming and thanks for d mention
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Doubleprof1(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2019
You always leave us breathtaking

#Andy must not die
#Amunike could become a BROTA informant
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2019
I can't wait to see Ada draw the map of the federal republic of 9ja on the face of 3f with the broken bottle.
Oga Souloho19 stop delaying the war now, let the war begin!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2019
I wanted to follow sparrow but he seems to be he is super human. How did he pull off such a feat.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 11:50am On Feb 14, 2019
Thanks for the update boss
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2019
Thank you soul.

Ada Ada, sharp girl
Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2019
It's a fight though the finish tit for tat and pound for pound. Agent sparrow is too blessed I wished right no that I'm that guy. Bani should be careful and I didn't even know Bami was for short Bamidele. Let's hope Ada is spared but Amunike(Amunition) will be ended I've got no pity for the fool. Rex really crack the driver code
Re: The Hole In The Wall by mitchelljnr(m): 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
Oh lawd hope the next update won't take so looooooong. More ink to your pen souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2019
Oga Souloho19, thanks for the update..

Being a while and all, sure all is getting good at your side...

cheers menh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by hardeybhayour(m): 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
For this update, you have quenched our itching brain just a chikini Amount oga the oga
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Smooth278(m): 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
Well done bro, we miss the old you though... uploading back to back with each one a mega hit back to back... guess life has to go on really enjoying this story as it unfolds... God bless the work of your hands

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.