Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin (6744 Views)

Powerful Prophetic Blessings By Bishop David Oy / Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi / Prophet Andrew Ejimadu's Members Lick His Shoes For Blessings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by pastorlams(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
Marriage is a beautiful thing. This is so true that it makes me smile ☺- even as I type this, yep! I believe that God instituted marriage as a means by which humans may better live life in a fulfilling way. Even the Scriptures show us that God specially favors a man who finds a wife....Proverbs 18:22 (Message Translation) says, Find a good spouse, you find a good life--and even more: the favor of GOD! Can you imagine that?! Awesome stuff. If this is true, and it is, one may wonder why success in marriage is not quite the experience of many today.

Now, we took a little survey from a program aired on a local radio station and discovered the following results; about 20% of married couples are just getting by in their marriage while reporting that it's 'just normal', another 30% of couples today are totally loving it, I mean everyday sunshine � and butterflies kinda experience, they're having the time of their lives. However, a chunk of about 50% are in trouble in their marriage, wishing they hadn't been with their spouses or even regretting they ever married altogether in the first place. Some even reported that they've been depressed since the second or third year after exchanging their vows on the altar. How sad, isn't it?

I think it matters to a significant extent that every Christian refers to God's Word as the foremost source of wisdom for life, including marriage. This is because, marriage is not a man-made institution. God founded the institution of marriage. (Genesis 2:22-24). He intends for every member of the sacred institution of matrimony to have a sweet, healthy and fulfilling experience, Proverbs 19:14 says, House and riches [are] the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife [is] from the LORD. God seeks to bless us, desiring for couples to enjoy and rejoice together all their lives.

But, how can one enjoy these blessings in one's marriage? How can a man activate and benefit from God's special favour reserved for the husband? What does the scripture mean by the statement "one flesh"...? All these and more is to come in the next issue of the series, *MARRIAGE - Enjoying The Full Blessings* on the No 1 Christian Lifestyle Blog.

Written by- Akinloluwa Olayinka.
Contributions- Pastor Lams �
Stats source- Inspiration FM, Lagos, Nigeria (92.3).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by braine(m): 9:17am On Mar 04, 2018
They fell in love with their flowers and not the roots, so when autumn came, they didn't know what to do.

Moral of the story: Marry a person with good, acceptable character and not for love. Coz love fades, and when it does, it's the character that you have left.

10 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by rawtouch: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2018
will comment after..

this one below still deh read M&B..

1 Like

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by MhizzAJ(f): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2018
I wanna have that everyday sunshine and butterfly kinda experience when i get married and that's why i'm really taking my time so that i do not end up in the hands of a useless man

1 Like

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by henrygale(m): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by nairalanduseles: 9:20am On Mar 04, 2018
marriage is another scam just like religion
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by oPPOSEE: 9:22am On Mar 04, 2018
This kind people make you deviate from the realities of marriage.

Marriage is not an escapade, its a life.

Life no easy to talk of marriage life.

#teamsingleandnotsearching
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by BrutusOj(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2018
nairalanduseles:
marriage is another scam just like religion
you mean you are a product of scam or the other one?

6 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by Doerstech(m): 9:28am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:
I wanna have that everyday sunshine and butterfly kinda experience when i get married and that's why i'm really taking my time so that i do not end up in the hands of a useless man

May God grant your wishes
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by allanphash7(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2018
Im sorry fo you

Dont ask me why
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by Masterdeking(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2018
marriage is a process that u cannot start jubilating that you are happily married today, the happiness is not static as some failed marriages today was once celebrated in the past and the partners enjoyed it before the soup sour. But some are so lucky that it last for eternity

2 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by Mandrake007(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2018
braine:
They fell in love with their flowers and not the roots, so when autumn came, they didn't know what to do.

Moral of the story: Marry a person with good, acceptable character and not for love. Coz love fades, and when it does, it's the character that you have left.
true talk man,love fades,learned something new today.
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by Mandrake007(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:
what's this one saying
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by BlackDBagba: 10:42am On Mar 04, 2018
Marriage...
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by NnamdiEducamia(m): 10:47am On Mar 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by NnamdiEducamia(m): 10:49am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Useless man? Your words are not reflecting a useful woman!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by NnamdiEducamia(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Masterdeking:
marriage is a process that u cannot start jubilating that you are happily married today, the happiness is not static as some failed marriages today was once celebrated in the past and the partners enjoyed it before the soup sour. But some are so lucky that it last for eternity

A display of intelligence!

Good one.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by nairalanduseles: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2018
BrutusOj:
you mean you are a product of scam or the other one?

dey dere dey mumu ur generation
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by hopefulLandlord: 10:52am On Mar 04, 2018
Am I the only Nairalander that doesn't believe in the institution called marriage?
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2018
Some Marriages this days don't last past 2yrs and the couple is separated.
This is because they don't tolerate each other.

Marriage is about tolerance, You must learn to tolerate your spouse.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by CAPSLOCKED: 11:27am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:

WOE BETIDE ANY MAN THAT ENDS UP WITH YOU.
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by MhizzAJ(f): 11:32am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WOE BETIDE ANY MAN THAT ENDS UP WITH YOU.

I reject it eternally in Jesus Name

By the way any man that gets married to me will so enjoy me i swear down**No Jokes**

1 Like

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by CAPSLOCKED: 11:35am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:

I reject it eternally in Jesus Name

By the way any man that gets married to me will so enjoy me i swear down**No Jokes**

MAKE AND PROVE YOURSELF USEFUL FIRST BEFORE YOU TAG SOMEONE A "USELESS" MAN.

PS: YOU DON'T HAVE TO REJECT ANYTHING ETERNALLY IN JESUS NAME, BECAUSE JESUS HAS ALREADY REJECTED YOU ETERNALLY. smiley
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by GOFRONT(m): 11:37am On Mar 04, 2018
I wonna hav a child, but i dont wonna marry....

So many bitter experiences everywhere about marriages
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by MhizzAJ(f): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I'm useful already that i know
And i don't need to prove anything to anyone
You can't just sit behind your whatever and start saying rubbish about people simply because of what they post online
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by MhizzAJ(f): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PS: YOU DON'T HAVE TO REJECT ANYTHING ETERNALLY IN JESUS NAME, BECAUSE JESUS HAS ALREADY REJECTED YOU ETERNALLY. smiley

Oh i see
I'm your target today ryte
I will pass
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by CAPSLOCKED: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:

I'm useful already that i know
And i don't need to prove anything to anyone
You can't just sit behind your whatever and start saying rubbish about people simply because of what they post online

I'M NOT SAYING RUBBISH ABOUT YOU.

YOUR COMMENTS DESERVE CRITICISM, YOU'RE NOT EVEN SERVED YET.

YOU DON'T SAY YOU'RE USEFUL, AND THEN FEEL ANOTHER MAN IS "USELESS".

BECAUSE YOU GET A FEW LIKES ON YOUR FACEBOOK OR INSTA PHOTOS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE USEFUL.
BECAUSE YOU'RE ADMIRED BY A FEW DOESN'T ALSO COUNT.
THAT YOU HAVE A FEW GIRLS IN YOUR BLOCK WHO ENVY YOUR HAIR OR YOUR POLISHED NAILS DOESN'T MEAN SHIIT.

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY A MAN COULD BE "USELESS" BUT YOU'RE USEFUL, AND GO FREE WITHOUT GETTING AN OUNCE OF CRITICISM.

IT'S NOT HAPPENING TODAY.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by CAPSLOCKED: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2018
MhizzAJ:

Oh i see I'm your target today ryte I will pass
BYE-BYE. cool
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by keetel(f): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PS: YOU DON'T HAVE TO REJECT ANYTHING ETERNALLY IN JESUS NAME, BECAUSE JESUS HAS ALREADY REJECTED YOU ETERNALLY. smiley[/color]

You're rude. God have mercy
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by herraph: 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Any woman that can't make me laugh is bad market
Re: Marriage- Enjoying The Full Blessings- By Akin by jamescross: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
braine:

is it now character that does not change undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls / Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils / What's Your Favorite Offering Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.