Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got (53265 Views)

Check Out The Response To A Question An Interviewee Said During An Interview / I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help / The Question An Interviewee Asked Her Interviwer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by RexTramadol1: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2018
Be shouting Americans are lazy

If u think of manpower yes

If its about thinking, dey ain't lazy at all.

Before I vex, lemme face front

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by axeman10(m): 9:54am On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:
this doesn't sound right.

immigrants are building another man's house while theirs fall to rubbles.

that reply was 'selfish'. the American was thinking from his American first POV.
let them build our house.

that's why most of them love immigrants; they build America for them but their home country is wasted.

it's not their fault sha. it's the fault of the immigrant's country.

Sorry buddy, it sounds perfectly right. They made right choices with those who rule them, who had vision to make their countries attractive to immigrants.

Now go get your PVCs and vote out these vision less old men, have a say in the polity of your country. Maybe, just maybe, we will get to have visionary leaders who will make our country attractive enough, not only to stop brain drains, but to attract immigrants to build our great nation.

I weep when in 2018, our youths still clamour for the Buharis, the Atikus etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2018
Some of Nigeria's best professionals are heading out to the US to do these jobs. The US government caused this in tandem with Naija's own.

How?

US govt created a conducive environment while FGN has assiduously maintained a horrible one as if it is their calling.

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by wonlasewonimi: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

No dishwasher earns 5,000 dollars monthly.

I'm assuming that's a typo.

If you wash gold plates nko?

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by maasoap(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:

that reply was 'selfish'. the American was thinking from his American first POV.

that's why most of them love immigrants; they build America for them but their home country is wasted.

Nothing selfish in that reply. America as a country gives the immigrants what their countries of origin couldn't give them: jobs and decent pay. Simple.
They can build your house and anything you want built provided that you can pay them decently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Ekugbeh(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2018
When u read the history of US then u wuld knw that it's jus a bunch of immigrants state.

3 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Goodnuel: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2018
Americans like complain sha...

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by nowpresence(f): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2018
who is not an immigrant in US

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by gr8tone: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2018
KingGBsky:
Simply Great.
Immigrants have always been at the tail and of making countries like America great.
They want to make name for themselves, so they work hard and even harder at the end benefiting their host country. cry
They do the meanest jobs, go all the way to try to make it and believe me if they get to make it America gets to make it. That is what keeps America strong and great.
Immigrants should be respected and appreciated instead of castigated.
God bless America.
God bless Nigeria.
So nice. One would be prompted to say why can't these Nigerians do what they are doing abroad in their own country? Our leaders are killing us with their style of politics. They made this country a war theatre and the enabling environment is not there for these guys to operate. As such, they search for where to put their talents to good use. Now brain drain has become our load which we must bear until we create the enabling environment for young talents to thrive. Nigerians are great people

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by AnodaIT(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2018
Quora, that's where nairaland would have been if not for tribalism

5 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by tortee: 10:02am On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

A

Always get your fact bro ...some do get. That, 10$ per hour 17hours that is 5,100$ a mouth ...but you have to work tirelessly

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by anyimontana(m): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
Do you know the funny part of it all, most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country
why would I want to be a cleaner here with 15k naira a month salary,where I can b a cleaner in U.S\canada with 5k naira per\hour pay..NEPA no dey,road no dey.who wants to work in a s*ithole?not me sha.
Mind u,everyone na immigrant for U.S..the native american(Indians) have gone into extinction.. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ChiefMarumba: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2018
One the greatest prophets of GOD, said Our visitors are bearer of blessings, they carries blessings to their host and the host will the blessings in the way he treat them.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by VEE2010(m): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:

In my own opinion, most immigrants would ordinarily prefer to live in their country to proffer solutions to diverse challenges as identified but constraints by the following:
1. No foundation laid for any good thing/talent to strive. Staying behind in a country like ours will automatically lead to "killed dream". We lack enabling environment here.
2. Lack of motivation. People tends to fall for "eye service" rather than those who give in their best in the job.
3. Nepotism: lack of equal opportunity. People rather give role to their relatives and friends at the detriment of the overall goal which would in turn impact the productivity or value chain.
4. Poor reward system: most employers in my country behaves as if they are helping you rather than appreciating your input which will eventually contribute to the overall goal. Due to this, they are not moved to give a reward you deserves which might demotivate one not to give his/her best.
5. Government: They don't seem to appreciate talents but rather politicize every sector to serve their shallow minded agenda. Still environmental issue though.
6. Parents: some of our parents who gave in their best, the way they turned out to be treated would definitely not allow them to instill such disciplines in their wards there by turning them against the state. For instance, I watch an interview of one retired Commissioner of Police who claimed he's not received bribe in his entire life in the service. Out of 35years in service, he spent 26 years in CID. Rose from constable to CP and was later appointed chairman of NDLEA but does not have a wall to call his own "house". Government hasn't helped him to at least provide him a shelter, he's still living in rented apartment. Do you think if any of his children will emulate their father when given such opportunity to serve again?

4 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by beeznitfizo: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
Do you know the funny part of it all, most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country

The answer is money bro. At how much?
To wash plate for naija n to wash am for Yankee dey very very different bro.

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by t00dugged(f): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2018
See as everybody dey quote me, I only stated the obvious o,not that I am criticizing their choices, Abi to talk truth na crime now? make una let my mention rest abeg,shuo! undecided
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by metroid(m): 10:15am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:

You are right then think again can a dish washer in Nigeria dream of paying private school fees for 3 kids pay D*tv , buy new clothes grin or a mortuary attendant in Nigeria, taxi driver, sewage cleaner, gardener, waiter, the list is long baba sad
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by GavelSlam: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2018
tortee:

Always get your fact bro ...some do get. That, 10$ per hour 17hours that is 5,100$ a mouth ...but you have to work tirelessly

Would you spend 5100 washing dishes when a machine would do same ?

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by oluwaahmed: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:

U are right my brother. Do u know how many Nigerian doctors and nurses are in the us? Some of them were even doctors in Nigeria they had to leave bcoz of poor working conditions. Those Trump peeps shouting make America great and bring back our jobs, can Americans going do d work that Chinese are doing for adidas and Nike? Or d American companies in Mexico, can Americans work under that kinda conditions. America is nothing without immigrants heck the country was built by immigrants 400 years ago.

6 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Topestbilly(m): 10:20am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:

Yeah! Because they're badly use and give them chicken-change while in abroad u determine how u work and get paid handsomely.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by metroid(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

Would you spend 5100 washing dishes when a machine would do same ?

The dish washing machine is the most inefficient machine in a very busy kitchen

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by EweduAfonja(f): 10:29am On Mar 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
The day I Travel abroad, I'll b working for 15 Hours. After all I am already working for 12 hours with less than a 100 Dollar pay per Month

15 X 10$ per hour = 150$ evry day..

150$ X 6days a week....
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Burgerlomo: 10:29am On Mar 04, 2018
Beautiful cool
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by KingGBsky(m): 10:29am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:

They do it simply because it pays better.

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ibinaboonline: 10:29am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
In what conditions would you be doing it in your home country and how much will you earn doing it in your home country as opposed to overseas?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by oluwaahmed: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

True, but minimum wage is $9 per hour. If a dish washer works 2 jobs (bcoz u cant work more Dan 10 hours legally in a company) for 14 hours a day what he will earn for a month is roughly $2600 dat is if he's not working weekends o. How many dish washers can earn dat amount in Nigeria?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

Pinocchio thinks money grows on trees. Five thousand dollars washing dishes. Those GED holders at Mc. D's must be twice as rich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by obstead200(m): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:

it's not their fault sha. it's the fault of the immigrant's country

If not that u admitted the bolded, I for don dash u e-slap now

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
because they won't get payed awesomely the way American pay them.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by AdemolaA2: 10:35am On Mar 04, 2018
omololu2020:
you have said it all.

Just imagine,here in Nigeria, you won't use light,yet the electricity company will bring a bill to you,you will pay for the light you didn't use,can such a thing happen in a develop country?

I don't know why the NA can't pass a bill,that will state that,any apartment that does not have a prepared meter,must not pay any nonsense power bill
A bit devastated now because I woke up this morning thinking of how to sue EKEDC lekki district for bringing a bad high current at midnight which in turn damaged my household electrical appliances such as two standing fans ( one rechargeable and the other normal ) my microwave , 90 percent of my sockets in the house are burnt , all the security light outside of the house are all blew out, my phone and two phone chargers , two extension boxes , electric bulbs in the house etc .. I’m pained and devastated . I need help to sue them ..
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by olusola200: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2018
Thinking deeply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.