Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got (53270 Views)

Check Out The Response To A Question An Interviewee Said During An Interview / I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help / The Question An Interviewee Asked Her Interviwer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by vikithor(m): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
@ the person that have accept ed his faith , what av got to share wt you is

‘MBOM ’
get the meaning from ekatte
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by TheAlchemist: 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
AdemolaA2:

A bit devastated now because I woke up this morning thinking of how to sue EKEDC lekki district for bringing a bad high current at midnight which in turn damaged my household electrical appliances such as two standing fans ( one rechargeable and the other normal ) my microwave , 90 percent of my sockets in the house are burnt , all the security light outside of the house are all blew out, my phone and two phone chargers , two extension boxes , electric bulbs in the house etc .. I’m pained and devastated . I need help to sue them ..

No Bro, you need help to relocate! grin grin grin
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by nuelyoyo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
Do you know the funny part of it all, most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country
And do you blame them for that? It's all about where pays the most. It pays doing manial jobs in America than in Nigeria, coz over there, you have dignity and value for labour.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ObservantFellow: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
goaldynboy:

A dish washer in America makes over N2Million a month?!

Tell that to the marines!!

GavelSlam:

No dishwasher earns 5,000 dollars monthly.

I'm assuming that's a typo.

jamjo:

$5000-$6000?? monthly, where do you get your information from please just say what you know?

First and foremost, my point in essence is that one makes more money doing those jobs elsewhere; USA in this case. I've never been to America before, so I may have gotten my figures wrong, but don't think I made a blind estimate out of ignorance. With the description in the answer given by that fellow, he talked about the man's stamina on the job. I estimated 18 - 20 hr work input daily for a month. Closing hour would of course further reduce that sum.
Anyways, The figure I used was estimated from this simple Google search:
https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Dishwasher-Salaries

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by GavelSlam: 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

First and foremost, my point in essence is that one makes more money doing those jobs elsewhere; USA in this case. I've never been to America before, so I may have gotten my figures wrong, but don't think I made a blind estimate out of ignorance. With the description in the answer given by that fellow, he talked about the man's stamina on the job. I estimated 18 - 20 hr work input daily for a month. Closing hour would of course further reduce that sum.
Anyways, The figure I used was estimated from this simple Google search:
https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Dishwasher-Salaries

Ridiculous.

Who can work 18-20 hours a day?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Take the dishwasher job for example.. In Nigeria, that ranges from #5,000 to #20,000 monthly in a city. In America, with their hourly pay can easily give one $5,000 - $6,000 monthly. That's at least #1.5m in Nigeria's current clime. Difficult to blame their choices sha
my guy,dont convert it oo.
The dollar is spent in usa with their own economic stuffs different from naira here
u think say dem no dey pay tax,food price,mortgage and co

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ObservantFellow: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gbemishile1:

my guy,dont convert it oo.
The dollar is spent in usa with their own economic stuffs different from naira here
u think say dem no dey pay tax,food price,mortgage and co

Look, with your experience in Nigeria here, knowing about the currency difference, state of living and all, would those bills discourage you from actually earning that money through that means?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ObservantFellow: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

Ridiculous.

Same way I arrived at the estimate. Perhaps it's not so ridiculous for those that do it.

https://www.quora.com/How-is-it-possible-to-work-for-20-hours-a-day-without-any-fatigue-Some-people-manage-with-only-3%E2%80%934-hours-of-sleep-a-day-How-do-they-do-so
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by raphchima(m): 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
Itulah:
I got a notification mail from Quora as usual, though I didn't find the question and subject of discuss interesting from the mail, I just reluctantly opened it.

See question below an American asked and the quality of answers he received from his fellow American.
Please read and be encouraged.

Question:
Whether people admit it or hide it, isn't Trump absolutely right that ordinary Americans are now sick of African, Mexican, and Indian immigrants migrating to the USA and stealing jobs from American citizens?

Cc: Mynd44

Source: https://www.quora.com/Whether-people-admit-it-or-hide-it-isnt-Trump-absolutely-right-that-ordinary-Americans-are-now-sick-of-African-Mexican-and-Indian-immigrants-migrating-to-the-USA-and-stealing-jobs-from-American-citizens/answer/John-Gallagher-9?share=8855b582&srid=uhek4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6779315_screenshot20180304050554_jpeg15d49b5f0e110f02cca13ccd9def7bed

Baba done boost morale to comot for shithole...

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by raphchima(m): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

Ridiculous.

me in as much they no go owe me like shithole
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by GavelSlam: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Same way I arrived at the estimate. Perhaps it's not so ridiculous for those that do it.

https://www.quora.com/How-is-it-possible-to-work-for-20-hours-a-day-without-any-fatigue-Some-people-manage-with-only-3%E2%80%934-hours-of-sleep-a-day-How-do-they-do-so

For an entire year?

Say something else abeg.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by GavelSlam: 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

The average salary for a Dishwasher is $23,042 in New York City, NY.

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ObservantFellow: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

The average salary for a Dishwasher is $23,042 in New York City, NY.

I would have loved to analyse that graph as it is my thing, but like I said earlier, I've never been to America, so overkilling it would not be too smart.
Even at $23k per year. That's like $2k per month which is around #600k monthly, about 30 times his/her counterpart in Nigeria. Easier to do menial jobs for that reason.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by GavelSlam: 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

I would have loved to analyse that graph as it is my thing, but like I said earlier, I've never been to America, so overkilling it would not be too smart.
Even at $23k per year. That's like $2k per month which is around #600k monthly, about 30 times his/her counterpart in Nigeria. Easier to do menial jobs for that reason.

Yes but someone earning 23k dollars in the states is broke and lives in the projects.

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by lastmessenger: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Goldenboy007:
We are all entitled to our different perspectives about life, as far as it is working for you. Success stories have different versions, what worked for you may not work for others.
I migrated to America reluctantly because I had a great job in Nigeria, however I have not regretted moving to US. Initially it was all exciting and mesmerizing but as you climb up the social ladder you discover you don't really belong there - maybe your children would be more at home there but not you. We cannot run away forever, let's go empower ourselves to come back and build our fatherland.
guy how you manage comot. I can't wait to leave here as soon as possible. Abeg I want some tips.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 05, 2018
oyb:

clearly you cant even read from the very first post

what generation is elon musk?

or steve jobs?
or oppenhemier, father of the nuclear bomb that won the war?
einstein?
the same obama you mentioned?
Sundar Pichai
Satya Nadella?
ariana huffington?
arnold schwazenegger?
or even the first lady cheesy cheesy

where do you get this bizarre ignorant bs you're spouting from?

wtf is this weird bs?

LoL ... your talking about the top 20%. Its putting a kid witb 3.5 gpa in a class where the least gpa is 3.5. Then you turn around and tell us you have the finest educators.

But anyone with 3 units of statistics knows thats BS. For every hundred immigrants that hit the docks 95% end up as dead beats with 200 - 300k debt within 15 years. Ever walked with a 30 pound lead ball anchored to your heels?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 05, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Whats the average living expenses in NYC.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ObservantFellow: 7:08am On Mar 05, 2018
TheCabal:

Whats the average living expenses in NYC.

Good question. Read what you quoted again.

On that note it would be better to give an accurate estimate of that since you may have a sound experience unlike my googled data.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2018
TheCabal:

LoL ... your talking about the top 20%. Its putting a kid witb 3.5 gpa in a class where the least gpa is 3.5. Then you turn around and tell us you have the finest educators.

But anyone with 3 units of statistics knows thats BS. For every hundred immigrants that hit the docks 95% end up as dead beats with 200 - 300k debt within 15 years. Ever walked with a 30 pound lead ball anchored to your heels?

That is called a bell curve. It applies to every system. You don't actually think that everyone who goes to the US will become ceo of a world class company, do you?

But a large number of the ceos of industry leaders and disruptive companies are first and second Generation immigrants.

Can you also share where you got your 200k debt statistics from?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by oluwaahmed: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2018
TheCabal:

Subtract ; rent, tax, power, phone, transportation, food and water, maybe insurance. It gets worse if you drink alcohol and/or smoke.

Now you need 3 dish washing jobs. But hey, you get to take nice pictures with white people and post them on instagram. grin

Good job .. kinta kunte.

Stop sounding inferior. The point is u don't have to be a skilled worker to live an OK life. And how much do u think rent, tax and transportation will cut out of ur money? Do u know bank tellers earn an average of $13 per hour even by the time u subtract rent, bills and feeding u will still save enough money to pay a professional banker in Nigeria. Do u know dose MacDonald staff are entitled to pension? How many of ur relatives working in Nigeria eateries are entitled to pension? Ur insurance workers are dey even entitled to pension? And BTW we don't need to snap with white people cos we grew up in d same neighborhood with them. An uneducated employed kunta kinte is better than ur unemployed and or even an employed banker who is not in middle mgt. Who no come nor go know.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by sweetilicious(f): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
I can
t00dugged:
Do you know the funny part of it all, most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Ugosample(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
Life in the USA is better than life in Nigeria
That's enough reason to leave
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Ugosample(m): 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Goldenboy007:
We are all entitled to our different perspectives about life, as far as it is working for you. Success stories have different versions, what worked for you may not work for others.
I migrated to America reluctantly because I had a great job in Nigeria, however I have not regretted moving to US. Initially it was all exciting and mesmerizing but as you climb up the social ladder you discover you don't really belong there - maybe your children would be more at home there but not you. We cannot run away forever, let's go empower ourselves to come back and build our fatherland.

A lot of things are wrong in Africa, and changing it is not as simplistic as you may think it is.

bringing ideas from out there will be resisted by those here that are used to, and benefit in one way or the other from what you are trying to change, be it work ethic, politics or whatever
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:41am On Mar 06, 2018
Gggg102:
this doesn't sound right.

immigrants are building another man's house while theirs fall to rubbles.
they're building their houses not heir countries

that reply was 'selfish'. the American was thinking from his American first POV.
let them build our house.
before nko

that's why most of them love immigrants; they build America for them but their home country is wasted.
shebi they got paid

it's not their fault sha. it's the fault of the immigrant's country.
the immigrant voted for his country leaders

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:44am On Mar 06, 2018
omololu2020:
you have said it all.

Just imagine,here in Nigeria, you won't use light
you dint pay for it

,yet the electricity company will bring a bill to you,
and you mumuly paid

you will pay for the light you didn't use,can such a thing happen in a develop country?
that lies the difference .they stand up for their privileges,you do not

I don't know why the NA can't pass a bill,that will state that,any apartment that does not have a prepared meter,must not pay any nonsense power bill
so you are stoopidly waiting for a bill to do what is common sensical
no wonder your nass members are reflecting your thought patters
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:46am On Mar 06, 2018
ObservantFellow:
Yeah. It's easier to get paid well for your sweat there,
not really
bills
taxes

hence the decision to give their all. The motivation to fo the same at their home country isn't the same because your salary is just one of the many problems.
Patriotism is just secondary may be off but then, bills are to be paid. I think they're just after meeting their basic needs; It's when this has been done that patriotism can become an option.
as long as patriotism is secondary twill continue to be shthole immigrant
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:47am On Mar 06, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Take the dishwasher job for example.. In Nigeria, that ranges from #5,000 to #20,000 monthly in a city. In America, with their hourly pay can easily give one $5,000 - $6,000 monthly. That's at least #1.5m in Nigeria's current clime. Difficult to blame their choices sha
dishwashers can never make up to $2000
stop lying and 4/5 is for bills
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:48am On Mar 06, 2018
lastmessenger:
yes because if you do that kind of job in your home country then you are doomed for life.imagine a 30something year old guy washing dish in a Nigerian hotel. Tell me what his life will become if he continue to wash dish.
depends on if you invest your resources wisely
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:50am On Mar 06, 2018
t00dugged:
they wud if it paid as well
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:51am On Mar 06, 2018
t00dugged:
they wud if it paid as well.and in fact if it paid as well then they wudn't need to do those jobs cos they wud be qualified for better ones
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by omololu2020(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
you dint pay for it and you mumuly paid that lies the difference .they stand up for their privileges,you do not so you are stoopidly waiting for a bill to do what is common sensical
no wonder your nass members are reflecting your thought patters
who is this stupid fool quoting me

Your family must be filled with foolish people,cause if not you won't quote me and start saying dumb trash,your father and mother are both stupid for not training you well.

I won't read your dumb post again you son of a stinking bitch
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
omololu2020:
who is this stupid fool quoting me
your fada

Your family must be filled with foolish people,cause if not you won't quote me and start saying dumb trash,your father and mother are both stupid for not training you well.
your fda left ball

I won't read your dumb post again you son of a stinking bitch
[/quote]your mama clit [quote]fool
if is to go an show power on election day now na wash
bleeping coward
always crying
no solution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos) / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.