Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott (1314 Views)

How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / My Rott's Naughty Behavior: I Need Advice Please / Veterinary Doctors In Port Harcourt | Contact Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 6:11am On Mar 04, 2018
Pls my 4months Rott (Roro) has not eaten for 2days. Took it to vet yesterday (obviously quack) and was diagnosed ok, just loss of appetite.

Symptoms:
loss of appetite (2days plus no food)
watery poo with fowl smell once yesterday
general weakness and weight loss

Treatment administered:

vet Dr gave him multivitamin to induce appetite yesterday afternoon
I administered ASP powder to him yesterday night (pix attached) but so far no improvement.

Pls any advice....

This morning, Roro vomited green substance (pix uploaded) and he's less active by the hour.

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 6:13am On Mar 04, 2018
This morning vomit

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 6:20am On Mar 04, 2018
ASP powder used attached

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 6:23am On Mar 04, 2018
ASP indication:

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 6:24am On Mar 04, 2018
cont...

1 Share

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 6:42am On Mar 04, 2018
present pix

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 04, 2018
That is a symptoms of deadly poavovirus, u need to get a good vet. Though its 50/50 by chance
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by sunkky147(m): 7:29am On Mar 04, 2018
I hope d dog completed its vaccinations.....if NO, then dat is a parvo-virus..... Get ya dog to a good vet Dr...
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by Redoil: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2018
You people should stop wailing and sell the dog to me to make good pepper soup i happily and gladly pay 2000 naira
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 9:20am On Mar 04, 2018
Thanks Alex and Sunky ...
D pup completed its shots even b4 I got him according to records.
07014170089... my location is void of gud vets. Pls any viable medical steps advice will b appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2018
3ce shots

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by Jungpablo: 11:34am On Mar 04, 2018
how is his stool like?
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by edimolu(m): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2018
with such stool, i believe it to be parvo...please do the needful, you could be lucky cos i wasn't ,i lost my bb pup two days ago, am still yet to get over the loss as i spent almost a fortune acquiring it!
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by Jungpablo: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2018
edimolu:
with such stool, i believe it to be parvo...please do the needful, you could be lucky cos i wasn't ,i lost my bb pup two days ago, am still yet to get over the loss as i spent almost a fortune acquiring it!

OP has not said anything concerning his stool yet
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by edimolu(m): 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Jungpablo:

OP has not said anything concerning his stool yet
well maybe, but i thought i saw something that looked like stool among those pictures..

modified: yes you are right! i just checked...i missed the part, it is vomit

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by Baroba(m): 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
Pup should be on IV fluids and antibiotics asap, please find a vet who knows what he / she is doing.. The dog can go down really quick if he becomes septic.. No time.
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thanks people....got some helpful recommendations am using...:
Gentamicin
ORT solution
Tetra n flagyl

He's getting a lil more active.
I'd keep us posted on treatment response.
Appreciate all kind concerns

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by okey777(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
icesmooth:
3ce shots
giving complete shots doesn't give you assurance that your dogs won't come down with canine parvoviral enteritis, in PVE, you employ management and symptomatic treatment, though the prognosis is 50-50, and trying many drugs on this dog will only complicate the issue, u have to follow one treatment regimen. Locate a vet in ur area or u can chat me up to tell me ur location so that i can help u with a colleague.
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by countsparrow: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
icesmooth:
Thanks people....got some helpful recommendations am using...:
Gentamicin
ORT solution
Tetra n flagyl

He's getting a lil more active.
I'd keep us posted on treatment response.
Appreciate all kind concerns

Put her on IV fluid, try get a vet that can help u treat her at home, why i said at home is cause the dog needs all d love and support it can get, and that u can only give her not your vet... I have two dogs and both had parvo at one stage of their lives... Bro, it is not easy, u can treat urself, but you are giving d dog a lesser chance of survival...

NB: parvo is a viral disease, no cure, it has to run its cause... All dis medication is to keep it hydrated and prevent further infection since the dogs immunity is compromised
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by abouzaid: 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
countsparrow:

Put her on IV fluid, try get a vet that can help u treat her at home, why i said at home is cause the dog needs all d love and support it can get, and that u can only give her not your vet... I have two dogs and both had parvo at one stage of their lives... Bro, it is not easy, u can treat urself, but you are giving d dog a lesser chance of survival...

NB: parvo is a viral disease, no cure, it has to run its cause... All dis medication is to keep it hydrated and prevent further infection since the dogs immunity is compromised
please, does parvovirus affect the local dogs known as ekuke? I'm considering getting one and would like to know much about that breed.
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by countsparrow: 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
abouzaid:
please, does parvovirus affect the local dogs known as ekuke? I'm considering getting one and would like to know much about that breed.
y

Over the years, our local breed have grown immune to parvo, so it only happens in rare occasions... Although, most times, they are carriers of the virus, but it never really affects them... Thats why local dogs roam around, come in contact with different dog poops, but rarely get down with parvo which the foreign dogs cant
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2018
Here's to say a big Thank U to every suggestions and wishful comments....

Roro fought through and has fully recovered. More active than ever and even more voracious appetite
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by souldeep(m): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
@icesmooth, I'll like to have ur number pls. Need to discuss this parvo thing with u.
icesmooth:
Here's to say a big Thank U to every suggestions and wishful comments....

Roro fought through and has fully recovered. More active than ever and even more voracious appetite
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by icesmooth: 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
07014170089 call or WhatsApp...with early detection, ur pets can survive parvovirus.
Re: Doctors In The House.... Emergency Advice Needed For My Rott by Baroba(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
Well done, you did a good job.Good to know Pup is up and about...

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Killed A Huge Phyton That Was About Swallowing A Goat / Pure Breed Alsatians For Sale / Diamond Pet Food Product Poisons People, Kills Dogs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.