Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,823 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts (49587 Views)

Man Reincarnates Davido's Late Mother Using Straws As The Background. He Reacts / Busty Lady Sleeps With Paul Okoye In A Bad Dream. He Reacts / Fan Trolls Kunle Remi, Adesua Etomi’s Ex For Losing Her To Banky W, He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by ibnchokomah(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cool no argument there. Let's focus on the information
we have shall we?
1) He was invited by the African Business Club (Not so sure about their name) to have a session with them on the African Music Industry.
If you were to be in his shoes and you're telling the public about your day? How would you put it?
Now I get you might be more careful in your words selection and be specific about what your mission there was. However you must put into consideration the person in question here. His post should not in any way harm anyone because for all he knows, he did go to speak to a bunch of students in Harvard. He knows nothing about technicalities. When I saw his post I definitely knew it was not going to be like the speeches and seminar presentations I am cognisant with in academic settings however I didn't fault what he put up as well because he wasn't in any way wrong. Your interpretation of his post is your problem not his.
Y0ruba:

I’m tired.

This is a matter of word vs technical term.

Speech, speak, symposium, seminar, talk in academia or when used in relation to anything academic gives an entirely different meaning from everyday use.

For example, if someone who is not in the military says ‘I was at the US Army HQ to parade’ those in the Army will cringe & argue against the possibility of that.

This is the same way academics & those who know how academia works feel. Putting ‘speak’ & ‘Harvard’ in the same sentence with a non-academic triggered an array of emotions & disagreement.

Again, technical applicability versus a common word.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by churchee: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
I know that 'Thomas' the disciple is a Nigerian.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by vertueptime: 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
He went to havard biz skl not Harvard university , though a part of it but not fully,
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by treach(m): 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
God will punish any body who sees progress and castigate it.. those Low life's who are busy talking, can not even stand in front of there primary school teachers... ewu can beers........

1 Like

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Wheezdom(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nuella2018:
More reactions
the reactants ar so much
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by ewizard1: 11:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Nigerians àre so full of hate. Why hating on your fellow Nigerian just because he said he gave a speech at Harvard. Whether he gave the speech or not doesnt warrant all the hate speeches. What do you want him to prove,or you think he's too low and can't amount to something better? Hate kills!
Been reading to get a comment that matches my thought perfectly. Yes!!! yours did!!!

And most people hating haven't even touched the main gate to Havard, that one too much sef, some can't even afford a visit, but hating someone who's standing next to the Signboard!!!

If these should be classed, Pato get class pass all of them!!!

2 Likes

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by obum83: 12:09am On Mar 05, 2018
Throwback:

The people you mentioned already became something big just like the many Harvard dropouts who became big, before they were recognised by the school or allowed to even grace the events of the school.

If Puff Daddy was invited, it was not because he was some gangster music producer, but because he is an entertainment icon and tycoon who has excelled in his vocation. If Alakija was invited to a university, it is not because she is a tailor, but because she is an oil tycoon and the richest black woman.

As for Patoranking, who is he as regards Nigerian music, talkless of global music or music business?

However if he says he was there and he has evidence, then he was there, which in itself is a surprise and the world is full of surprises.

And Olabisi was right in demanding to see the evidence of the lecture session, not just a picture of a tourist posing beside the signboard of a university then claiming that as the evidence that he was once a dean of the college.

We all remember the pictures of Gov Fayose posing on a podium at the Chinese train station with the passengers (audience) showing more interest in the arrival of the train rather than pay attention to the supposed speaker.

We also remember a certain Dino Melaye who lied that he graduated from Harvard, when all he did was just visit the school.

forbyiur mind u get sense with this ur long story ..Read her comment very it's so full of hatred . And you are here trting to make it all look like she was right

1 Like

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2018
ibnchokomah:
Cool no argument there. Let's focus on the information
we have shall we?
1) He was invited by the African Business Club (Not so sure about their name) to have a session with them on the African Music Industry.
If you were to be in his shoes and you're telling the public about your day? How would you put it?
Now I get you might be more careful in your words selection and be specific about what your mission there was. However you must put into consideration the person in question here. His post should not in any way harm anyone because for all he knows, he did go to speak to a bunch of students in Harvard. He knows nothing about technicalities. When I saw his post I definitely knew it was not going to be like the speeches and seminar presentations I am cognisant with in academic settings however I didn't fault what he put up as well because he wasn't in any way wrong. Your interpretation of his post is your problem not his.

Took you long enough.

If you were indeed familiar with academia you would not have rambled on with your infantile vitriols about my initial post. The fact that I had to wind my explanation down clearly showed understanding and lack of intelligence to discern was clearly your problem.

Goodbye.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Masama: 12:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

You are not smart.

Talk, speak, speech, seminar, symposium when used in reference to a university paints an entirely different picture.

It is not about getting into discussion without speaking or talking but how ‘speak’ is used in the academia.

It is like saying you refereed in your department. It is a regular word often used in reference to sports. You may write I refereed at University of Lagos today and what lecturers or students will think is that you sat on a panel of supervisors at a seminar or presentation.

Any person who actually took their University education seriously; wrote and presented their own research will understand the problem created by Patoranking’s use of ‘speak’ and ‘Harvard’ inthe same sentence.

I suppose you keep missing this problem of technical term because you are either an undergraduate or never took your university education serious.

Quit embarrassing your alma mater, cheers.
You're the one who is embarrassing yourself here because you're just talking nonsense. Patoranking made a post which has turned out to be true. If you decide for whatever reason to start imputing other meanings to his post than he intended, that's your really your business.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2018
Masama:

You're the one who is embarrassing yourself here because you're just talking nonsense. Patoranking made a post which has turned out to be true. If you decide for whatever reason to start imputing other meanings to his post than he intended, that's your really your business.

You still don’t understand what techincal terms in professional fields are? Dude, you are a disgrace to Nigerian academic system.

I guess to you;

- Test in the University is the same as the in the Hospital?

- Fellowship in the University is the same as in the Church to you?

You are being petty & senselessly emotional. Did you grow up in a bigamy home? Nobody gives a hoot if your Patoranking went to MIT to party, the crux of the matter is that he said he was at a University to ‘speak’. Every person in their right senses, apart from you obviously, knows that going to a University to speak means presenting a paper at the podium. Same goes for ‘giving a talk’, symposium & seminar. The same way test & fellowship in the University mean exam & membership of a research team respectively, while for hospital & church, they are different. Stop embarrassing yourself & those you run with.

You need to quit acting like you’re in a shout-match with your siblings who are jealous of your perceived success, it is the technicality in a word that is being pointed out, deal with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by AreaFada2: 1:41am On Mar 05, 2018
Ugoeze2016:
Reactions from reactants smiley

Awon Redox people. cheesy grin

In the West you do not have to be a scholar to be invited to top schools to discuss or give a presentation. You just have to excel in whatever you do.
If you excel in anything and achieve business/commercial success, there's always something business students can learn from it. Be it initial failure and how it could have been avoided, how you overcame obstacles, how you funded your pursuit, etc. Especially from the perspective of someone from a developing country in this case.

Some of those students will one day become emerging markets experts.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Wazzaowner(m): 2:12am On Mar 05, 2018
tundeayo2020:
I believe you patoranking. people wey dey Harvard na two head them each get?
yea na 3 heads dem get.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by ireneidiva(f): 5:29am On Mar 05, 2018
Throwback:

The people you mentioned already became something big just like the many Harvard dropouts who became big, before they were recognised by the school or allowed to even grace the events of the school.

If Puff Daddy was invited, it was not because he was some gangster music producer, but because he is an entertainment icon and tycoon who has excelled in his vocation. If Alakija was invited to a university, it is not because she is a tailor, but because she is an oil tycoon and the richest black woman.

As for Patoranking, who is he as regards Nigerian music, talkless of global music or music business?

However if he says he was there and he has evidence, then he was there, which in itself is a surprise and the world is full of surprises.

And Olabisi was right in demanding to see the evidence of the lecture session, not just a picture of a tourist posing beside the signboard of a university then claiming that as the evidence that he was once a dean of the college.

We all remember the pictures of Gov Fayose posing on a podium at the Chinese train station with the passengers (audience) showing more interest in the arrival of the train rather than pay attention to the supposed speaker.

We also remember a certain Dino Melaye who lied that he graduated from Harvard, when all he did was just visit the school.

You talk too much.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by ibnchokomah(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

Took you long enough.

If you were indeed familiar with academia you would not have rambled on with your infantile vitriols about my initial post. The fact that I had to wind my explanation down clearly showed understanding and lack of intelligence to discern was clearly your problem.

Goodbye.
Mr. Smart. As I said. Your long explanation of academia and technicalities were unnecessary because nothing he said was wrong. I like folks like you. You stay behind the keyboard making yourself so relevant while in actual terms you're definitely not. I know you have problems. We all do. Just stop taking it out on innocent people that were able to achieve something you haven't or probably will never achieve. Patoranking is miles ahead of you. Stop hating on the dude. I'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
ibnchokomah:
Mr. Smart. As I said. Your long explanation of academia and technicalities were unnecessary because nothing he said was wrong. I like folks like you. You stay behind the keyboard making yourself so relevant while in actual terms you're definitely not. I know you have problems. We all do. Just stop taking it out on innocent people that were able to achieve something you haven't or probably will never achieve. Patoranking is miles ahead of you. Stop hating on the dude. I'm done with you.

We can both google each other’s names to see what comes up if you really want to go there.

You need to stop beng stupid and learn to grasp issues or stay away from analysis beyond your mental capacity.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by ibnchokomah(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

We can both google each other’s names to see what comes up if you really want to go there.

You need to stop beng stupid and learn to grasp issues or stay away from analysis beyond your mental capacity.
k
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2018
What people are tagging as impossible is Harvard inviting Pato to come speak at their event.

For clarity sake:

1. Students of a particular association in Harvard invited Pato to come speak at an event they organized, using their school as venue (naturally). So it wasn’t the School itself, but just a student body. (Which I think is also an honour to be recognized you know?)

2. It’s the Nigerian way to magnify and overhype something that’s why he and his management painted the picture of HARVARD inviting him to speak.

3. The onyinbo and others said it’s highly impossible for Harvard (as an institution) to invite Pato to speak, Because of its prestige. An Ivy League institution like Harvard will only invite some caliber of people, like a Tony Elumelu or a successful entertainment entrepreneur (if ever they organize an event that centres on or around African entertainment )

So there’s no hate from these people saying it’s impossible. Cos truth is, until Patoranking gets to a certain level, Harvard The Institution will not offer him an invitation to speak at their event.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by DailyNuella: 11:19am On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

That was not a speech but more like a discussion.

A speech would be him standing at a podium to present a well researched academic paper.

If he wasn’t standing at a podium, presenting a research paper that we can google its topic & download the article online then that is not a ‘speech’ in the sense of going to a University to ‘give a speech’.

Any speech given at a University is not literally a ‘speech’ but a paper presentation of a written work intended to answer an academic question in theory or practical.

Patoranking is being fraudulent & Nigerians are, as usual, being ignorant.

Smh.
grin
Y0ruba:

That was not a speech but more like a discussion.

A speech would be him standing at a podium to present a well researched academic paper.

If he wasn’t standing at a podium, presenting a research paper that we can google its topic & download the article online then that is not a ‘speech’ in the sense of going to a University to ‘give a speech’.

Any speech given at a University is not literally a ‘speech’ but a paper presentation of a written work intended to answer an academic question in theory or practical.

Patoranking is being fraudulent & Nigerians are, as usual, being ignorant.

Smh.
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Masama: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

You still don’t understand what techincal terms in professional fields are? Dude, you are a disgrace to Nigerian academic system.

I guess to you;

- Test in the University is the same as the in the Hospital?

- Fellowship in the University is the same as in the Church to you?

You are being petty & senselessly emotional. Did you grow up in a bigamy home? Nobody gives a hoot if your Patoranking went to MIT to party, the crux of the matter is that he said he was at a University to ‘speak’. Every person in their right senses, apart from you obviously, knows that going to a University to speak means presenting a paper at the podium. Same goes for ‘giving a talk’, symposium & seminar. The same way test & fellowship in the University mean exam & membership of a research team respectively, while for hospital & church, they are different. Stop embarrassing yourself & those you run with.

You need to quit acting like you’re in a shout-match with your siblings who are jealous of your perceived success, it is the technicality in a word that is being pointed out, deal with it.
Keep making a fool of yourself. You are yet to prove how patoranking lied with what he posted. If anybody is being petty and disgraceful here, it's you. Patoranking was invited to Harvard and he spoke at Harvard. These two facts are evident. Every other rubbish you're blabbing about up there are figments of your own fanciful imagination. I'm just sorry for nonentities like you who have made it their stock in trade to pull down successful people. Perhaps your anger is predicated on the fact that with all your so called "knowledge" of English technicalities, no one has ever invited you to come and speak at any reputable institution but an uneducated former street boy has risen to be accorded that honour. Quit wasting your time and energy on unnecessary hatred then maybe just maybe you will do just enough to have enough name or face recognition of your own
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Masama: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
IForgotMyLoginD:
What people are tagging as impossible is Harvard inviting Pato to come speak at their event.

For clarity sake:

1. Students of a particular association in Harvard invited Pato to come speak at an event they organized, using their school as venue (naturally). So it wasn’t the School itself, but just a student body. (Which I think is also an honour to be recognized you know?)

2. It’s the Nigerian way to magnify and overhype something that’s why he and his management painted the picture of HARVARD inviting him to speak.

3. The onyinbo and others said it’s highly impossible for Harvard (as an institution) to invite Pato to speak, Because of its prestige. An Ivy League institution like Harvard will only invite some caliber of people, like a Tony Elumelu or a successful entertainment entrepreneur (if ever they organize an event that centres on or around African entertainment )

So there’s no hate from these people saying it’s impossible. Cos truth is, until Patoranking gets to a certain level, Harvard The Institution will not offer him an invitation to speak at their event.
The question you should ask yourself first is did patoranking say he was invited by Harvard? He said he was invited to speak at Harvard so where is the lie in what he said? He released pictures and videos of the event so I don't know why anyone would want to jump to any other conclusion and start accusing him of trying to deceive people. Go and read through the post made by Patoranking and show me where he tried to make it look like Harvard invited him to give a speech. Those attacking him are just being stupid. How can you be attacking someone for something he never said
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by Himmler: 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
Y0ruba:

Stupidity.

No wonder Nigeria will never move forward.

This argument is synonymous to that of people who said Buhari will fight corruption like he did in the 80s without stating how it will happen in a democratic system & also those who said Buhari will grow the economy without pointing out how he will go about it.

You, like every Nigerian youth, just want to thrpw tantrums and whip emotions without critically asseessing what matter is at hand.

All the best.
You are the one who is full of stupidity. Bloody fool
Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 1:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Defender of the universe. I didn’t attack Patoranking. I said and quote me, he and his management worked on the perception of Harvard inviting him. That’s cos I follow his management and that was what was posted.

So before you defend, read. The caption could have given credit to the organizers of the event. But no it wasn’t cos they wanted people to think it’s an Harvard event.

I know the business of hype and perception. So don’t argue pls. And yes, I’m for Patoranking. Not against. But let’s call a spade a spade.

Whether he was invited by Harvard or by a student body, it’s an achievement and a good thing to speak to young minds. I also said that.

Masama:

The question you should ask yourself first is did patoranking say he was invited by Harvard? He said he was invited to speak at Harvard so where is the lie in what he said? He released pictures and videos of the event so I don't know why anyone would want to jump to any other conclusion and start accusing him of trying to deceive people. Go and read through the post made by Patoranking and show me where he tried to make it look like Harvard invited him to give a speech. Those attacking him are just being stupid. How can you be attacking someone for something he never said

Re: Patoranking's Harvard Speech, American Says It's Impossible, He Reacts by richG: 11:54am On Mar 16, 2018
Newboss:
The last time I checked, I said "audience".angry
I said what I saw. Check again, the cameraman is still coola White

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Recreates Wizkid's Outfits With Polythene Bag. See Hilarious Photos / I Am Prettier Than Kim Kardashian - Juliet Ibrahim - [PHOTOS] / Psquare Shades Cynthia Morgan In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.