Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

How I Built My Faith In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Built My Faith In God (9134 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Built My Faith In God by generaliy: 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
I built my faith in God in a funny way.

When I was young, I was the playful type, dad would expect me to stay within the compound but trust me, I left the house as soon as he wasn't watching.

Back then in my family, the wages of such offence is flogging, the type of flogging that could be at strange hours of the night if you're smart enough to play hide and seek at daytime, escaping temporarily.

My dad never forgets offences that deserves flogging, his memory is generally"sharp".

I remember one day I had gone out to play soccer and I came back home really late, if the monkey post isn't scattered, nothing would make me leave. I was so sure there would be another round of serious flogging, I got home and truly, pankere was already in its conspicuous location in dad's room, this particular pankere was different, it's the type that leaves you with marks.

I knew I was in for a show that night, all my hide and seek ends at night, I would still have to sleep at home, and dad had a way of waking you up at midnight, he would invite you to the sitting room, start some " thou shall not disobey your father and mother" sermon, with pankere tucked somewhere behind the Sette, once done with sermon (which is majorly meant to make you wake up fully so you can feel the pain of the flogging that is about to happen), the next is floɠging.

I knew I was in for trouble, so for the first time in my life, I hid somewhere and prayed that God would make dad forget to flog me, I knew it had never happened that dad would forget such, but I prayed all the same, and I went to sleep.

I woke up at midnight myself, waiting for judgement, 1am, 2, 3, 4, and I slept off.

Dad never remembered, it was a miracle more vivid to me than the turning of water to wine!

Since then, whenever I committed an offence, I would pray, and Dad wouldn't remember, but if and whenever I forgot to pray, dad would remember to flog the stubbornness out of me.

If God would answer the prayers of a punishment deserving erring kid, all because I had a little faith, how much more when you pray to him with an heart of holiness?

God is real, all you have to do is talk to Him in whatever way you can.

Happy Sunday all, may your faith move mountains this week, amen!

Ilesanmi S. IYANULOLUWA writes from Lagos, Nigeria

Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213964393721423&id=1157442330&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Daslenan: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
May God help us
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by generaliy: 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Daslenan:
May God help us

Amen.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove
OAMJ4

1 Like

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
generaliy:

Since then, whenever I committed an offence, I would pray, and Dad wouldn't remember, but if and whenever I forgot to pray, dad would remember to flog the stubbornness out of me.

If God would answer the prayers of a punishment deserving erring kid, all because I had a little faith, how much more when you pray to him with an heart of holiness?

God is real, all you have to do is talk to Him in whatever way you can.

Happy Sunday all, may your faith move mountains this week, amen!

SO YOU MEAN.. ..

THAT BY PRAYING, GOD DIRECTS YOUR DAD TO SPARE YOU THE PUNISHMENT YOU DESERVE FOR COMMITTING A CRIME?
(OGA YOUR DAD SUFFERED FROM FREQUENT MEMORY LOSS)

BY PRAYING, GOD ANSWERED YOU, A KID SCARED OF PUNISHMENT FROM YOUR DAD, BUT IGNORES THE HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN WHO GET ABDUCTED, TORTURED, AND MOLESTED DAILY?

YOU MEAN THAT BY PRAYING, WITH JUST A LITTLE FAITH, WE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS?
AS FAR AS THE EVIDENCES GATHERED THROUGH OUT HISTORY SUGGESTS, NO AMOUNT OF PRAYERS OR FAITH CAN MOVE A LEAF.

I'VE NEVER SEEN WHERE PRAYERS CURED MALARIA, OR ORDINARY PENILE DYSFUNCTION.. NOT TO TALK OF MAKING AMPUTEES GROW NEW PAIRS OF LIMBS.

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT MOVING MOUNTAINS. DO YOU EVEN HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT A MOUNTAIN IS? undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by yemitexcel(m): 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
little faith can become great faith

1 Like

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Oyindidi(f): 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
So true, many Christians don't make prayer their habit

6 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Oyindidi(f): 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=65562933][/quote] angry
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Nebes: 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
Just as parents pamper their babies, that's how God pampers baby Christians.

4 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by BlackDBagba: 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
cool
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Ifyapp(f): 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
Faith in action..I really love this verse John 14:14

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by miqos02(m): 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cool
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Igboboy59(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hilarious

1 Like

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Ojuororun(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
sad sad sad OK SIR
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by hemartins(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Awesome
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by dopemama(f): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
God has failed to answer me! It's well all the same
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by pressplay411(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
This cracked me up cos I had a deeper expectation but really it's a profound revelation.
The message is God answers prayers, the flogging was quite a big challenge for you and God seeing you engage him in your affairs and your repentance, answered your prayer.
It might seem trivial but it's still the same principle which God applies for our so called "bigger" challenges be it for repentance, healing, project, etc.

Thanks OP. This just gave me more confidence and faith. I hope you still apply it as an adult.

9 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by DivinelyBlessed: 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Na GOD get this space

1 Like

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by pressplay411(m): 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
dopemama:

What did you ask of him?
A pastor once said, God doesn't make Chairs and Tables, He makes Trees. It is us (people) who make Chairs and Tables from the Trees.
Perhaps you need to ask for what God does, not what you can do for yourself. Get it?

8 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by andyanders: 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SO YOU MEAN.. ..

THAT BY PRAYING, GOD DIRECTS YOUR DAD TO SPARE YOU THE PUNISHMENT YOU DESERVE FOR COMMITTING A CRIME?

BY PRAYING, GOD ANSWERED YOU, A KID SCARED OF PUNISHMENT FROM YOUR DAD, BUT IGNORES THE HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN WHO GET ABDUCTED, TORTURED, AND MOLESTED DAILY?

AS FAR AS THE EVIDENCES GATHERED THROUGH OUT HISTORY SUGGESTS, NO AMOUNT OF PRAYERS OR FAITH CAN MOVE A LEAF.

I'VE NEVER SEEN WHERE PRAYERS CURED MALARIA, OR ORDINARY PENILE DYSFUNCTION.. NOT TO TALK OF MAKING AMPUTEES GROW NEW PAIRS OF LIMBS.

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT MOVING MOUNTAINS. DO YOU EVEN HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT A MOUNTAIN IS? undecided
Thomas,don't try God. I pray you have an encounter with God. May God have mercy on you.

4 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
andyanders:
Thomas,don't try God. I pray you have an encounter with God. May God have mercy on you.

THE PEOPLE WHO DESERVES HIS MERCY DON'T LOOK LIKE ME.

undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by DWJOBScom(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
i love this testimony of answered prayers and i did stop what i doing to make my demands too

He will hear me and answer me
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by terrezo2002(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
What needless pains we bear all because we do not carry it to God in prayer

4 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Fididiguy(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thanks to God
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Les: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SO YOU MEAN.. ..

you ignorance made me to have faith in God more because the teachings of Christ have been proven in your comment. You are just ignorant!

2 Likes

Re: How I Built My Faith In God by Makschinchin: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
dopemama:

Hello there.. Don't let yesterday's seemingly unanswered prayer stop you from praying in faith today. So I'll encourage you to pray. God knows His perfect timing.

I also encourage you to read more on Prayers from Kendrick Brothers "War Room - Playlist" via https://www.bible.com/en-GB/reading-plans/1779-war-room-the-overflow-devo
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by mozele(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
generaliy:

Mr., you better continue your story now before you get banned!
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by lightblazingnow(m): 12:16am On Mar 05, 2018
Gloriousalive
Re: How I Built My Faith In God by D1official: 2:34am On Mar 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE PEOPLE WHO DESERVES HIS MERCY DON'T LOOK LIKE ME.

undecided

I HV seen fever die instantly in my life just by applying Gods word.
D truth is DAT ,taking an atheist serious is synonymous to a mad man.
U can keep deceiving urself claiming u knw it all even wen u knw DAT u knw nothing.
Accept Christ now that u still HV d opportunity.
Dnt quote me bro.Cos I won't reply.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts in Koran Muslim, Jesus Is Your God, And He Is Your Only Way To Escape Hell / Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible / Calvinism Vs Arminianism - Whose View Is Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.