Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (287473 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2020
Debroslink:

MVP is the one making Lashley interesting again. The Hurt Business is one of the hottest and interesting things in all of WWE as at today.

Eggzackly
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

Nah...it's like you don't watch NXT grin
Lol

Nah I don't
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Lol

Nah I don't

No wonder
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:
Top heel right now is Roman reigns
Top baby face Bray Wyatt (the Fiend)

Who would have thought grin
Na you crown am the top babyface na. Take your time oh

PS: why didn't constipation attack anyone at Payback... have the fools given up?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Qu3sT:

Na you crown am the top babyface na. Take your time oh

PS: why didn't constipation attack anyone at Payback... have the fools given up?

They should sack whoever brought up that idea grin grin

Fiend is turning Baby-face this Friday grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

They should sack whoever brought up that idea grin grin

Fiend is turning Baby-face this Friday grin
No he isn't, extirpate that idea from your head, just cos Roman turned doesn't necessarily mean the fiend will do the opposite.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
I just want to say one thing only regarding payback,

Did anybody see Braun in the ring before we were supposed to see him? cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
Qu3sT:

No he isn't, extirpate that idea from your head, just cos Roman turned doesn't necessarily mean the fiend will do the opposite.

How much are you willing to stake on it? cheesy

And Alexa is going to be like a Harley Quinn type character to the Fiend
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2020
So Orton faces Drew for the Title again?? shocked
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 9:29am On Sep 01, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Bask in more glory
Randy Orton talked about how much he wanted to destroy Drew McIntyre to start the show, and was interrupted by Keith Lee.
Lee said Orton is fixated on the destruction and damage he’s done to forget about Lee winning their match at Payback. He said that beating a legend killer should perhaps make him be the contender facing the WWE champion without having to go through the hoops, like how Orton himself feels. Ziggler blindsided Lee to lead into their match. I’m highlighting all three matches separately below for specific reaction.
For the main event, we had Orton, Lee, and Rollins. Orton did his usual slide out of the ring and Lee grabbed Seth by the hair and brought him into the ring. Lee hit a frickin’ incredible crossbody to both men. Orton suplexed Lee into the announce table again.
The finish was fast paced and awesome. Lee POUNCED Orton on the outside and Seth tried a suicide dive but Lee caught him. Seth got back in the ring and the Spirit Bomb was done and Seth sold it like death! Orton snuck in and did the RKO and took advantage of the Spirit Bomb and pinned Seth to win.
It was a great finish and was the right one, too. Orton flipped over Lee to pin Seth because he knew that the RKO may not have done the job and I love that. Orton was the right call to win this and they protected Lee.
Orton has been killing it, and I think he’s winning the title at Clash of Champions.

Inconsistency is not key
There are a few inconsistencies I need to point out.
I have mentioned in the past, that RETRIBUTION has yet to reveal their motivations for simply existing, which is still the case. The main inconsistency with them, is that they have picked and chosen at complete random where to show up. They started by throwing molotovs and flipping a car and smashing a window with two cinderblocks. One week they terrorized SmackDown. One week they took over the production truck. One week they flickered the lights and never showed. One week they attacked the Mysterios.
They missed SummerSlam and they missed Payback. On this show with huge stakes in the main event, they interrupted the tornado tag with Street Profits and Garza and Andrade. I was enjoying that, and the lights flickered as Montez was shaking the ropes and it was a fun visual. So - what do they want? Why are they there? Just to cause chaos and be troublemakers? That isn’t getting me excited.
The SmackDown locker room have waged war with RETRIBUTION. They surrounded the ring when they were a threat, they went to find RETRIBUTION in the back and fought them in catering, they brawled together on the first ThunderDome. SmackDown takes care of each other, even if they are opposing alignments.
The Raw locker room couldn’t care less. Whoever is in the ring when they attack do their best to fight back. Not one person in the locker room cares to help. On Raw tonight they were backstage and Garza hit the bricks and left that lady from the Bachelor there. Instead of the locker room banding together to find them and fight back, the main event went on as normal and people visited Raw Underground. RETRIBUTION is there! No one wants to one up them. Why?
This is so ridiculously inconsistent, specifically for Raw, and it’s hurting the show for me.

Seth Rollins def. Dominik Mysterio - Rollins started shouting at Murphy for costing them the match at Payback. He told Murphy to get out of the ring and he’ll defeat Dominik on his own. Murphy walked up the ramp and turned around, and Dom clotheslined him from behind! Dom charged down to the ring and we had some good fast paced action to start.
Dom used some armdrags and Seth slid out of the ring. Dom hit Seth with a nice senton as well. Dom fought out of a bodyscissors and Rollins went for a powerbomb and hit a Frankensteiner. Dom went for a frogsplash, and Seth moved away and hit the Blackout for the win. I enjoyed this match for the simple reason that it was uninterrupted and kept me hooked. Dom is doing pretty damn well for a newbie.

Keith Lee def. Dolph Ziggler - Ziggler is a perfect person to sell Lee’s power. The AIR Ziggler got when Lee pounced him! I don’t know if I liked that Ziggler got more offense than Orton did last night, especially since it was to solidify Lee as a big deal. 9-10 minutes and a ton of offense for Ziggler? Me no likey. Great sell of the Spirit Bomb, though.
Gotta be honest, I didn’t like how much offense Ziggler got and it took me out of this a bit. Ziggler just lost in less than 2 minutes to Lashley on Underground 2 weeks ago! Lee got Orton in 5 minutes last night and Orton put him over huge… just for this? Less 10 minute fighting from underneath Lee matches, please.

Randy Orton def. Kevin Owens - Before the match, Orton came out of Aleister Black’s locker room. Out came Orton for the match, and then KO. KO got down to the ring and guess who? Aleister attacked him and gave him a Black Mass. KO being a good babyface, told the ref to ring the bell anyway. RKO and a quick win for Orton.
I get why this was done, but I was looking forward to this match so I’m sad. There’s been no explanation for Aleister’s turn, and now he’s just helping Orton because… Owens was facing him? Maybe I’ll feel better after the explanation, but this should have been better booked than it was.

Asuka is ready for anyone / Mickie James def. Lana - Asuka came out and said she’s beaten great women, and listed them all. She said she’s ready for anyone. And out came Mickie James. Mickie said Asuka is one of the best women, but she’s coming after the title. Then Lana and Natalya interrupted and said she hasn’t changed since 1998 and she doesn’t deserve to be at the front of the line (and I agree!). Lana and Natalya attacked Asuka and Mickie and they turned it around on them and sent the TikTokers out of the ring.
So how did they fix Mickie having no wins since returning? Quick match with Lana which thankfully, she won. Okay, I agreed with Lana when she said Mickie didn’t deserve to be in front of the line, not about her look. Mickie has only one win right now, and it’s against Lana. That qualifies for a Raw women’s title match these days? Sheesh.

Cedric Alexander and Viking Raiders def. The Hurt Business - I have to be honest - I don’t care about any of this. I’ve about had it with the Cedric/MVP thing. Either join with them, Cedric, or stop trying to make him join, MVP. This has been dragging on for a while. There have been multiple matches as singles, tag teams, and multi-men. Enough. They’ll sneak attack and applaud Cedric winning on the same show now. Come on. Makes me feel like WWE doesn’t even know what they want to do here.

Riott Squad def. IIconics - Before the match, Billie and Peyton talked about how much they’ve sacrificed throughout their friendship to be women’s tag champions. Ruby brought a lot of urgency to this and it was a fun sprint, with stakes! One of these teams had to spilt after losing, and the winning team got a tag title match.
Like I said, this was quick but fun! Ruby got some body blows in and Liv hit a spinning X-factor and pinned Billie. It’s a bit odd that commentary was making it seem like Billie and Peyton can’t be friends anymore if they aren’t tagging together. I don’t see what the need for this special stip was for. We don’t need split tag teams right now, especially on the women’s side.

R-Truth is 24/7 champion again - Akira Tozawa rolled up in a van with ninjas, and the security said he wasn’t on a list to get in the building. Tozawa took the list and there was no one on it. The security jacket came off to reveal a referee shirt and R-Truth pinned Tozawa. This was a fun segment and Truth is now a 39 time 24/7 champion. My goodness grin grin.

Raw Underground - Titus O’Neil showed some Ruthless Aggression to start Underground. Until Riddick Moss got in. They had a decent back and forth, going to the outside, but Riddick won the bout. Jessamyn Duke put someone away quick, as did Marina Shafir. For some reason, IIconics were in Underground pouting, and then Peyton threw Billie into the ring and Duke knocked her out.
Benjamin and Crews had a match here, too. They fell to the outside and Hurt Business and Ricochet and Alexander brawled. All of the Hurt Business wiped them out.

I wasn’t feeling much of this show. WWE can do a stellar pay-per-view and then a lackluster show to follow it up really well. The inconsistencies and repetitiveness of Raw have been hurting the show. This show felt longer than Payback last night. And I believe it was, by 20 minutes, but it shouldn’t feel that way. The main event brought me back a bit, though. I’m kind of happy to see a draft coming soon because I’d like to see some serious changes on this brand
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
A toast to the IIconics.

You shall not be forgotten

[img]https://media1./images/3464f374f7979c1b2ad8e3f5b6ac1956/tenor.gif?itemid=12966776[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
Qu3sT:
A toast to the IIconics.

You shall not be forgotten

[img]https://media1./images/3464f374f7979c1b2ad8e3f5b6ac1956/tenor.gif?itemid=12966776[/img]

I wonder why they did that, it's Billie Kay I'm pitying the most cos she is obviously the fall guy...reminds me of Enzo and cass
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

I wonder why they did that, it's Billie Kay I'm pitying the most cos she is obviously the fall guy...reminds me of Enzo and cass
We shall see.

She's more charismatic than Peyton that's for sure but isn't as versatile in the ring.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by KingAzubuike(f): 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
Wait first. Who was more loved and captivated the fans more between The Rock and John Cena
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Wait first. Who was more loved and captivated the fans more between The Rock and John Cena

John Cena was loved mainly by kids, while Rocky was loved mainly by hardcore fans.

Rocky Johnson wins this one.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2020
Qu3sT:

We shall see.

She's more charismatic than Peyton that's for sure but isn't as versatile in the ring.

Yea...and I think she is older too..but Vince seems to think more highly of Peyton
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

The rock
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2020
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

Iron Men
After an hour long Iron Man match, NXT did not crown a new champion.
Instead, because Adam Cole and Finn Bálor were tied at the end, they’ll go one on one for that championship next week.
Any time a show promises something big like a new champion, especially when it’s after an hour long match, it’s going to be disappointing when that isn’t delivered. How disappointing is going to depend on a few different factors. Did it feel cheap? How good was the match? Did it service a greater story?
So let’s start from the top. Did it feel cheap?
It did in the sense that they promised us a winner and then after watching a match for an hour, just used it to advertise a different championship match for next week. And how are we to know they’re not going to cry wolf next week too? Failing to deliver a promise this big is going to leave a bad taste in the mouth no matter what.
How was the match?
It was pretty good.
Iron Man matches are tough. They’re bound to have periods where there isn’t much going on given the amount of time they need to fill. That’s just the nature of the beast, even if four incredible workers are in the match.
But overall, this one was entertaining. They booked it in a way that at any time, a pin or submission could completely change the course of the match. No one was every running away with this. The biggest lead a man had over his opponents was one.
And there were plenty of high drama moments with nearfalls that could have shifted the momentum of the match. As the match wore on, the tension built until the climax in the final 60 seconds. That last minute was exciting with a swerve at the end.
They were limited by having to fill 60 minutes, but they did the best they could and that was still pretty dang good.
Did it serve the greater story?
Only in the sense that it got us to next week. And then we’ll see where it goes from there.
I understand the urge to avoid crowning a champion immediately. To make the journey for the eventually winner arduous enough that the title feels earned in the end. To pit the two longest reigning NXT champions ever against each other after a grueling hour long match makes the eventually win feel bigger than if it just happened this week.
Unfortunately, to get that extra layer of challenge to earn the title, fans have to be promised one thing that was not delivered here.
So in the end, I’m not too salty. It’s disappointing, but not “F this” disappointing. The match was enjoyable, though not something I feel needs to be sought out if you didn’t see it. The match next week is one that has needed to happen. (Yes, it happened once before, but that was more in service to the Finn Bálor/Johnny Gargano feud. This is the real deal.)
And in the end, I’m still a fan of NXT and in general, they have a pretty good amount of creative good will with me. It’s not like they pull this type of crap all the time. But if they don’t deliver next week, then I’m going to start getting salty.

Street fight!
Breezango & Swerve Scott defeated El Legado del Fantasma in a street fight this week.
It didn’t look like it’d go their way. Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner of Imperium attacked the tag team champs mid match, and given this is a street fight so no disqualification, they looked to be done for.
But Fandango and Scott were able to break off, ride a forklift up, and jump on all five of their foes to even the score. This was probably the moment of the match, but it was a really fun bout overall.
I do have one gripe though.
Tyler Breeze and Fandango wrestled this match in their regular street gear. This is a street fight! The only thing that differs a street fight and a regular hardcore is wearing jeans. Or at least some sort of street clothes. I’m not asking them to sacrifice their fashion. They can wear some designer jeans. But a street fight needs a different outfit.
It looks like Imperium is going to get a rematch for those titles, so the new champs will have to contend with them and likely Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza. Having to deal with the former champs likely means Breezango won’t be a one and done team.

Building a Friendship
NXT is working hard to build the friendship between Tegan Nox & Candice LeRae, a friendship that is already very strained.
They were always friendly on screen prior to LeRae’s heel turn. They had teamed together and been backstage together. But they were never established as close friends, not in the way say Tegan and Dakota were. That’s why the last two weeks, NXT has aired very effective videos establishing their past friendship and why it’s upsetting that their paths have diverged.
That’s going to play out in the future. After Candice defeated Kacy Catanzaro in her new more aggressive style, she got on the mic and admitted she was distracted by Tegan’s video from earlier. So she invited Nox to her house to talk things over.
It’s surely not a trap.

Enter Theory
Timothy Thatcher defeated Bronson Reed, but needed help from Austin Theory to do so.
Thatcher wasn’t looking for Theory’s help. And Austin didn’t do it to aid Tim. It was revenge from the slap Big Thicc gave him backstage last week.
It’ll be interesting to see who takes this feud. They’ve booked Reed very well the last month or so. But they’ve seemed high on Theory as well, at least prior to his absence. So I’m curious to see who comes out of this feud stronger.

While the first hour of this show was pretty entertaining, especially the street fight, the whole evaluation on the show is based on the meat of it. And that’s the main event.
As I discussed earlier, I stand that this was an entertaining match with a disappointing ending, but an ending that leads to an even better match next week. I’m not angry with the finish. But I did leave the night feeling this was all just OK
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by KingAzubuike(f): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

The rock
And someone here was arguing it was Cena.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Zeemuthafuka: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

that person probably didn't watch the Rock
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Who was?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2020
Happy belated birthday Purple, May your days be long on this earth

Share the nairaland cake and jollof rice grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2020
100naira:
Happy belated birthday Purple, May your days be long on this earth

Share the nairaland cake and jollof rice grin

Thank you very much my Gee, I appreciate

Manage this one grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
grin grin
pu7pl3:

Thank you very much my Gee, I appreciate

Manage this one grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
100naira:
grin grin

I hope you dig my culinary skills grin..I mad e that dish myself cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
pu7pl3:

I hope you dig my culinary skills grin..I made that dish myself cheesy
bachelor rice fc grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
100naira:
bachelor rice fc grin grin

You know what's up
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
pu7pl3:

You know what's up
if you see my own you go run grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
100naira:
if you see my own you go run grin grin

is it positive run or negative run? grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
pu7pl3:

is it positive run or negative run? grin
guess grin cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
100naira:
guess grin cheesy

negative

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
pu7pl3:

negative
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.