Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (286503 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
Are those Riddler trousers? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
"Zombies are legal in this match!"

You are absolutely right, Bad News Barrett.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
I'm at loss for words here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2020
Omo, Candace no be pixie. Na beast. Hope none of those bumps leave an injury.

Are Poppy and Io friends?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kaycee7:
Rigging a wheel is easy as cake. Dubious folks do it all the time at carnivals.

Oh really, I didn't know that tbh
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kaycee7:
Are those Riddler trousers? shocked

Yes, yes they are

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kaycee7:
Pu7pl3, no dey stress yourself. Na Austin Theory be this.

Hope Johnny finally has a decent championship run this time.

Lol, I know grin grin just making jokes up there

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kaycee7:
"Zombies are legal in this match!"

You are absolutely right, Bad News Barrett.
I now want a Dexter Lumis vs The Fiend match just to see what crazy sh*t they can pull.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Qu3sT:

I now want a Dexter Lumis vs The Fiend match just to see what crazy sh*t they can pull.

Who would outcreep who? grin grin I'm leaning towards the Fiend for this one
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:36am On Oct 31, 2020
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions

Anoa'i
It’s hard not to continue to love this Anoa’i family storyline.
Roman Reigns is the greatest. Jey Uso is the greatest.
Jey’s passion in this story is incredible. He shouted at Reigns and said that he hates him. I felt this. What a segment.
Jey ripped the mic out of Heyman’s hands and argued that Reigns didn’t beat him because he used Jimmy and Reigns knew he was the only person he’d say “I Quit” for. Reigns totally ignored that though. Now Jey has to recognize Reigns as the leader or he’s out.
Jey in tears screamed at Reigns “I hate you!” and Reigns said “I’m sure you do right now, but I love you. I’ve always loved you.” Friggin awesome, man. He also assured Jey that by the end of the night, he’ll fall in line.
In the main event, Jey faced Daniel Bryan to qualify for the SmackDown men’s team at Survivor Series and beat him! Bryan brought the heat and Jey sold how badly he needed the win when Reigns suddenly walked out.
And then Jey fell in line. After the match, Reigns looked at Bryan on the mat and told Jey to show him how much he loves him. Jey took Bryan outside and pummeled him and sent Bryan through the announce table.
It was interesting to see that even after Reigns turned around, Jey didn’t show much remorse to Bryan for what he was doing. I didn’t originally take this as a heel turn, but now, I don’t know! Is Jey being genuine? If he is, I’ll be very interested to see what Jimmy has to say about this, since it’s kinda his fault Jey is in this situation

First title defense
Body suit Sasha came out with Bayley’s special chair and sat down in the ring.
Sasha said that Bayley ended an era when she attacked her with that chair.
Then Bayley came out, saying that Sasha can’t beat Asuka at Survivor Series without her. She said she’ll do her a favor, and next week she’ll take the title off of her and continue her predictable short title reign.
It was really great to see the continuity being brought up here with Bayley mentioning that Sasha can’t successfully defend a title on her own.
My biggest issue with all of this is that I cannot forget that Sasha was giving Bayley the evil stare behind her back, and was 100% going to turn on her if Bayley didn’t do it first. I actually side with Bayley, as much as I love Sasha in this role. So they’ll be fighting next week and let’s see if they actually have a real match, or if we get another bait and switch.

The Rest
Love birds - Murphy understands why Rey & Dom hate him. He asks for them to come out so he can apologize face to face, but Seth Rollins decides to come out instead.
Rollins told Murphy that the Mysterios will never accept him, but he is willing to forgive and accept him back as his Disciple. He’ll even accept Aalyah too, because there’s a place in the Greater Good for both of them. Dominik came out to attack Rollins and then Murphy pulled him off to attack Rollins himself. Bad idea because Dom then turned to attack him, and then papa Rey came out. Rey was about to do the 619 and Aalyah stepped in the way and said she loves Murphy. Rey and Dom left the ring as Rollins looked on and had a huge grin. And then Aalyah planted one on Murphy.
Y’all, I am so ready for this feud to be over because I don’t like what I foresee coming. They’re so doing either a marriage angle or a Murphy and Dom need to get along situation and I’m not really here for it anymore. This was cute a month ago but I’m tired of this feud.

Kevin Owens def. Dolph Ziggler - I’m very thankful that Owens got a big win here. He’s been floundering around since his win at WrestleMania and I want to see him in a title picture soon. I was hoping for the tags with Bryan but who knows if they’ll actually let that happen.

Street Profits def. The Artists - I don’t know if this is just me but I already feel like I’ve seen too much of these two teams in the ring together. Now Montez and Cesaro I could watch fight forever, because they have a lot of chemistry. Did you SEE the air Tez got when Cesaro threw him into the ThunderDome screens?!? My god! Street Profits got the victory but Tez came down on Nakamura after that frog splash awkwardly and I hope he’s okay because he looked like he was in rough shape.

Bianca Belair def. Natalya and Billie Kay - Poor Billie. She tried her hardest. I almost flipped out when Natalya and Billie had Bianca in a submission and I thought they were going to have her tap. This show was about ready to get an F, y’all. Thankfully that didn’t happen.

Lars Sullivan talked

Sami Zayn is awesome - Lastly, a shout out to Sami Zayn for being able to keep his composure while talking about the US champion Bobby Lashley, saying that he is the champion of all people on all continents, while Lashley is just the champion of the United States. “Lashley only represents one country, and let’s not even get into it.”

Yep.

SmackDown was a hit, which it mostly is week by week. Two of its three biggest storylines are ones I am intrigued to continue watching, while the other can go away. Seriously, Rollins/Murphy/Mysterio has been going on longer than any storyline I can remember in years. Am I missing one? It’s been 6 months straight. And there isn’t even a title involved! What was the last storyline that went on for 6 months? SIX MONTHS?!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2020
These two are killing it on SmackDown. The best storyline of the year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2020
pu7pl3:
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions
The Rest
Love birds - Murphy understands why Rey & Dom hate him. He asks for them to come out so he can apologize face to face, but Seth Rollins decides to come out instead.
Rollins told Murphy that the Mysterios will never accept him, but he is willing to forgive and accept him back as his Disciple. He’ll even accept Aalyah too, because there’s a place in the Greater Good for both of them. Dominik came out to attack Rollins and then Murphy pulled him off to attack Rollins himself. Bad idea because Dom then turned to attack him, and then papa Rey came out. Rey was about to do the 619 and Aalyah stepped in the way and said she loves Murphy. Rey and Dom left the ring as Rollins looked on and had a huge grin. And then Aalyah planted one on Murphy.
Y’all, I am so ready for this feud to be over because I don’t like what I foresee coming. They’re so doing either a marriage angle or a Murphy and Dom need to get along situation and I’m not really here for it anymore. This was cute a month ago but I'm tired of this feud.

SmackDown was a hit, which it mostly is week by week. Two of its three biggest storylines are ones I am intrigued to continue watching, while the other can go away. Seriously, Rollins/Murphy/Mysterio has been going on longer than any storyline I can remember in years. Am I missing one? It’s been 6 months straight. And there isn’t even a title involved! What was the last storyline that went on for 6 months? SIX MONTHS?!?
At the risk of sounding like village people, somebody in that Mysterio/Rollins feud should jam injury. That should kill this nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kaycee7:
At the risk of sounding like village people, somebody in that Mysterio/Rollins feud should jam injury. That should kill this nonsense.
No, I support you.... It's gone on too long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kaycee7:

Bruh, tbh...it's soo tiring cry cry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
DanieBlinkz:
These two are killing it on SmackDown. The best storyline of the year.

No cap
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
Qu3sT:

No, I support you.... It's gone on too long.
pu7pl3:

Bruh, tbh...it's soo tiring cry cry
I swear. See Messiah gimmick that we were enjoying. The thing don stagnate.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kaycee7:

I swear. See Messiah gimmick that we were enjoying. The thing don stagnate.

Can't wait for him to clash with the tribal chief
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
pu7pl3:

Not yet, patience
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
pu7pl3:

Can't wait too, Rollins would get a thorough beating from Roman
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2020
pu7pl3:

cheesy

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
Qu3sT:

Not yet, patience
Kaycee7:
cheesy
DanieBlinkz:

Can't wait too, Rollins would get a thorough beating from Roman

see all of them grin grin like horrNy mufuckers grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Pain
Man, that title could be a metaphor for a number of things right now.
In this case, it describes what the star of this show, Alexa Bliss, wants The Fiend to do to Randy Orton.
Orton started the show by saying he’s better than the best in WWE, which makes him a legend. As a legend, he wants a challenger, and he called out anyone in the locker room to come out.
So out came Alexa Bliss. She stood there and put her chin in her gloves, and let’s talk about those gloves for a second. They’re white gloves with the words “Play” and “Pain” written on them in black letters. She had a smile on her face and wiped it away quick as she left the “Pain” glove on her chin, and then the Fiend music played.
Instead, Drew blindsided Orton and then Miz and Morrison came out and Miz tried to cash in, but Drew stopped him. Man, I thought for a second Drew would let Miz cash in and then attack him after the bell rang so he’d lose his match and we’d be done with the briefcase. Oh well! How stupid does Drew look now? We know who Miz is cashing in on now!
But then later came the Firefly Fun House that was the highlight of the show.
Bray and Alexa were together and today’s episode was about the letters R,K, and O, and Abby said Orton can go f himself. Alexa told Abby to put money in the swear jar. Bray said Orton was a very bad man, once upon a time, but the past is in the past and from those ashes he was able to create a new world... and then we got flashes of Orton setting Bray’s home on fire from their feud years ago. I really love the way they film the Fun House when they get creative.
When Bray came to, Alexa wanted assistance with something new she’s been practicing, and the Heal glove went to her forehead. She revealed an icy glare and blood pouring out of her mouth. Bray responded with “Oh shit!”
I’ve seen a number of people say that Alexa’s role in this is demeaning and she’s playing second fiddle to Bray Wyatt. Let me give anyone who thinks this my perspective - Alexa isn’t second fiddle here, she’s the one pulling the strings. The Fiend is second fiddle and she’s in control. I think it’s brilliant. Not just that, but creatively stimulating for Alexa, too. She is a horror fanatic and this is right in her wheelhouse. Plus, it’s adding a new wrinkle to the Bray/Fiend/Fun House arc
All of this has been great, and they even finally addressed the Bliss Cross Applesauce friendship when Nikki went to her later and she had that same icy stare. Will Nikki try to save her friend? I’m really digging this.

Hurt Business def. New Day - What a breath of fresh air this match was. Loved the promo before, too. MVP is phenomenal and New Day play off of them really well. Wow was this match great. Xavier Woods is a wonderful babyface in peril and with their win, I’d love to see some red straps and big silver coins around Shelton’s and Cedric’s waists. Watch this one.

Jeff Hardy def. Elias - Guitar on a pole. Ridiculous. I’m beyond tired of this feud as I find it quite stupid how in kayfabe, no one has told Elias that Sheamus framed Jeff. What’s worse is that it won’t matter in the end, because even if Elias finds out, he won’t go after Sheamus. It’s just stupid and insulting to my intelligence. Elias also looked dumb bent over waiting for Jeff to hit him with the guitar. Looked like it hurt though, because that thing didn’t even crack.

Braun Strowman def. Keith Lee and Sheamus - AJ made this match as a qualifier for Braun to be on the team, but was worried about someone on his team getting hurt. That was smart, buddy! No one was asking “Where’s the beef?” after this bout. Keith Lee lifted Braun Strowman and Sheamus on his shoulders at the same damn time and hoooooly shit they could have done a believable ring collapse spot there. Sheamus was the right one to eat the pin here and he’s such a great brawler. They all attacked each other after the match because that’s Survivor Series!
How stupid is it that anyone would care about being the team captain, as if that means anything. Survivor Series doesn’t mean anything anymore. It’s a Raw vs. SmackDown show with no stakes and a bunch of fighting between team members. Survivor Series sucks now.

Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler def Mandy and Dana Brooke / Nia Jax def. Lana - I thought I had this one predicted accurately when Lana came out, but they used her to distract the referee more than the tag team champions. Lana looked stupid for just being within eyesight of Nia, but Nia spared her. As for Mandy and Dana, I believe this was their first loss, and this wasn’t it. All of these women are on one team at Survivor Series. Have I mentioned Survivor Series really sucks now?
Just kidding. Nia didn’t spare her.

Drew McIntyre def. Miz and Morrison - I wrote the part in bold before the match started. That match was too long and we all knew Orton was coming out at the end.

Bobby Lashley def. R-Truth / Drew Gulak def. R-Truth - Truth tried to plead with Lashley that no one needed to get hurt, but Lashley wasn’t having any of it. After the quick match, Gulak came in to pin Truth and Lashley put him into the Hurt Lock and then threw him on Truth and then he won anyway. Isn’t he a sweetheart?

Ricochet def. Tucker - Short and sweet with RETRIBUTION attacking both Tucker and Ricochet, and Ali told Ricochet that everyone must pay for their sins. Don’t exactly know what pure babyface Ricochet’s sins have been, but maybe we’ll find out next week?

See you guys later! I’m going to collect that rose that Angel Garza was giving me. tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2020
Life lessons is karma, whatever you dish out come back as blessings or to haunt ya - Nas
Words randy Orton should try to live by. Imagine breaking up a cult, burning said cult leader's house and not expecting future repercussions.

Next time Lana sees Nia Jax next to the announcer's table

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Qu3sT:
Life lessons is karma, whatever you dish out come back as blessings or to haunt ya - Nas
Words randy Orton should try to live by. Imagine breaking up a cult, burning said cult leader's house and not expecting future repercussions.

Next time Lana sees Nia Jax next to the announcer's table

E go reach 10 tbh grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

E go reach 10 tbh grin
Just dey pity her while smiling inside anytime it happens
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2020
Qu3sT:

Just dey pity her while smiling inside anytime it happens

grin grin grin. Malicious

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by naptu2: 10:38am On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:
The top ten most memorable events in professional wrestling (in no particular order).

Number 1

The Mighty Igor was the most popular wrestler on Nigerian television long before Hulk Hogan, the Von Erichs, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock and John Cena.

Igor was billed as a Polish strong man and he often engaged in feats of great strength. Back then, in Nigeria, anything that was extra strong or unusually big was often nicknamed "Mighty Igor".

Igor was well liked right around the world. He often brought Polish sausages and other gifts for the fans and usually interacted with them before and after matches.

Dick The Bulldog Brower was the exact opposite. He was billed as a wild man that often bit his opponents. At that time (in Nigeria) any child that was fond of biting people was usually nicknamed "Bulldog Brower".

If I remember correctly, Bulldog Brower was one of only two wrestlers that attacked the crowd at the National Stadium when he came to Nigeria (the other was Ox Baker). The Mighty Igor also fought at the National Stadium in Lagos in the early 1980s.

This match between the Mighty Igor and Dick The Bulldog Brower took place sometime around 1979.

Igor was on his way to the ring, but he was delayed because he was interacting with the audience as usual. His manager got to the ring before him and stood at ringside. The Bulldog Brower was already in the ring and he pulled Igor's manager into the ring and gave him a thorough beating.

Igor was alerted by the crowd and he raced to the ring and carried his manager into the dressing room. He came back and gave Bulldog Brower the beating of his life. Unfortunately Igor was so enraged that he pushed the referee when he tried to stop him. Igor was subsequently disqualified, but it didn't look like he cared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUsUzQETFUw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by naptu2: 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:
The top ten most memorable events in professional wrestling.

Number 2.

There were three professional wrestling promotions (from the US) that were shown on Nigerian TV in the late 1970s and early 1980s and they were:

The IWA, which featured The Mighty Igor and co and which was mainly about entertainment and humour.

The WWF, which was just straight wrestling

And the NWA, which was incredibly violent and bloody.

The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes was the most popular "face" (good guy) in the NWA and this was meant to be a title match between him and Harley Race. However, I'm not posting this because of that match.

Terry Funk invaded the ring after the match and violently attacked Dusty Rhodes. He broke Dusty Rhodes arm (and I felt as if it was my arm that was broken). Dusty recovered and was able to retaliate and put some hurt on Harley Race.

The guy interviewing Dusty Rhodes is the legendary Gordon Soli.

This match occurred on August 26, 1979.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1FCek5X2mo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by naptu2: 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

Number 3.

This match took place on September 4th, 1979 and it involved two of my favourite wrestlers in the NWA, Sweet Brown Sugar and Dusty Rhodes.

However, like in the previous clip, the match was not as important as what happened after it ended.

Rhodes and Sugar were partners against Jos Leduc and someone else and Dusty Rhodes secured the win, but once again Terry Funk came into the ring and attacked Dusty Rhodes with a belt. Now, we can hear Funk describing the action along with Gordon Soli and Funk said that he went into the ring to examine Dusty Rhodes' POP cast. This brings me to one of the myths that was in my head at that time.

Because of Dusty Rhodes and Ox Baker, I actually believed that a plaster of paris cast was super strong and that you could do very significant damage to someone by hitting the person with it.

Anyway, Dusty Rhodes was able to bounce back and he hit Terry Funk with the cast and Funk was bleeding from the forehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnD1nMVdmJ4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by naptu2: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

Number 4

smiley smiley wink

This is from the WWF and it happened in March 1983.

Big John Studd considered himself to be a true giant and he believed that nobody could slam him, so he issued a bodyslam challenge. Anybody that could slam him would win a certain amount of money and the sum was increased every week.

Of course Andre The Giant was bigger than John Studd and so you would naturally expect Andre to try to slam him, especially as Andre was the biggest or second biggest face in the WWF at that time (this was before Hulkamania and Andre and Bob Backlund ran things in the WWF).

There had been a feud between Andre and John Studd over who was the true giant. My sibling who is a doctor said (at the time) that John Studd was the true giant because Andre had acromegaly which made him grow beyond what was normal, but, after recently finding out about all the drugs that John Studd took, I think Andre was the true giant because he didn't have to take any drugs to enhance his size.

Anyway, John Studd knew that Andre could slam him and so they had taken several measures to ensure that Andre did not take part in the contest

The challenge was on again and everybody thought that Chief Jay Strongbow was the challenger, but Jay wagged his finger at the announcer and said that he wasn't the challenger and then Andre stepped out from behind the curtain. Did he slam John Studd? Find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLlkeQV4lP8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by naptu2: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

Number 5

It seems like the Internet does not believe that this happened, but I watched it with my two eyes and I know it did.

Mil Mascaras was the other very popular face in the IWA. He is an absolute legend and although at that time we mainly saw him in the IWA, he has worked for virtually all the major promotions including the WWF and the NWA/WCW.

It was Mil Mascaras that made the Lucha Libre style of wrestling popular in the US. In America he is known for his high flying moves, incredible technical ability, numerous holds and clean wrestling style. Rey Mysterio Junior said that Mascaras was his inspiration.

Anybody that wore a mask in Nigeria in the early 1980s was usually nicknamed Mil Mascaras and that was the name that was also given to nightsoil men, because they also wore masks (there were a few areas of Lagos that still used nightsoil men before the practice was banned in 1984). However, calling nightsoil men Mil Mascaras was a very dangerous thing because they could empty their load in your premises.

Mascaras was known as the "Man of a Thousand Masks" and it was this match that burned that name into my mind.

The Internet says that Mascaras was never unmasked and that's kind of true and not true.

I watched a match in which Mascaras' mask was removed. . .but he had another mask underneath.

Now Mascaras usually wears 2 masks when he's walking to the ring, a decorative mask which he takes off before the match begins and a second mask that's underneath the decorative mask. He leaves the second mask on while fighting.

Therefore, it means that Mascaras wore at least 3 masks when he was walking to the ring before that match. This made me wonder, "How many masks does this guy actually wear"? He really is the Man of a Thousand Mask.

Unfortunately I can't remember who his opponent was (this was at least 40 years ago) and the Internet doesn't believe that it happened, so I don't have any videos to show you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2020
Just saw one Hulk Hogan bs Undertaker match�� those old matches suck right now, I'm glad wrestling evolved cos wtf was that����

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.