Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (287876 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2020
pu7pl3:
WWE Survivor series reviews recaps and reactions

Sometimes the easiest way is the best way.
Many years have passed and many a crowd have lent their live reaction to so many incredible moments. Unfortunately, it’s 2020, and that means nothing is normal and we can’t have nice things.
Undertaker debuted at Survivor Series on November 22, 1990 I'm WWF(VINCE SAID IT I CAN SAY IT NOW) and has been nothing but awe inspiring. I was upset when Roman Reigns beat him and thought he was done, but Saudi kept calling and I wasn’t a fan of him continuing to come out, especially after Goldberg. Sheesh.
It’s fitting that the last match of Undertaker’s career is the epic Boneyard match. That was a fitting way to end it all. I can put away all of the things I disliked and focus on the legendary run this man had. And by the way, the Paul Bearer hologram got the tears going.
Thank you to the man behind this iconic character. You gave this writer a lot of fond memories.

Big fight feel
What a big fight feel this one had.
This was Reigns’ first opponent since returning at SummerSlam that could match his intensity blow for blow. Yes, even more so than Braun.
Reigns was outright mauling McIntyre throughout the match, with some vicious elbows and even pulling McIntyre by his hair. But Drew didn’t back down and launched Roman over his head with such force. Even Roman got the better of him, he still was able to keep fighting.
Roman finally got the Superman punch but Drew was still able to launch Roman again. Drew countered a spear with a submission! Wow that was really cool looking. Roman broke it up but put Drew through the announce desk, speared him through the barricade, and still Drew kicked out at 2.9! Roman speared Drew again and Drew kicked out again.
And then the shenanigans. Drew Claymore kicked Roman into the referee, Jey Uso got involved and Roman locked in the Guillotine after low blowing Drew, and Drew finally fell.
It was the only way this match would end when it did, and Roman knew it. That’s why he embraced Jey on the stage. Jey saved his ass. Or at least saved Roman from having to deal with Drew for another 20 minutes, because he was not giving up for anything.
Best part of this was NO MIZ CASH IN! My heart was in my throat waiting for his music to play. This was one of the best matches in Drew’s championship tenure. He looked great in defeat, too. I wonder how this affects him going forward. Really hope that this leads him to take more serious challengers.

Lana is the best! Lana number one!
A bulk of this was to show us that Nia absolutely loves to bully Lana. In fact, all of team Raw now likes to bully Lana. It’s as if there’s no brand supremacy heels and faces working together stuff existing here.
Lana tagged herself in and the whole team was trying to get her to get out of the ring, even as she was doing fairly well against Natalya. They forced her to tag out and Nia and Shayna made her stand on the steps in their corner. The biggest shock of the match was Bayley getting pinned by Peyton Royce to be the first woman out. Totally did not see that coming.
After that, Raw and SmackDown traded pins so that already made this better than the men’s match, which we’ll discuss next. Lacey Evans hit a really great looking Spanish Fly. Shayna and Nia gelled really well and even helped each other out by stopping SmackDown from interfering in their pins.
And then the final woman for SmackDown was Bianca! And she showed the insane strength she has by picking up Shayna while she was in the Kirifuda Clutch and got to the bottom rope by collapsing onto it. Shayna didn’t let it go and the ref disqualified her. Then Nia tried to keep Bianca from getting back in the ring and both of them were counted out.
The sole survivor - Lana. And that’s exactly how everyone predicted it. Lana celebrated in the ring as Nia was irate on the outside and I was screaming to my computer “RUN! GET OUT OF THERE!” but they just went to commercial. That was a much more entertaining traditional Survivor Series match. Thinking about all of this, I preferred the count out to protect Bianca. She was incredible in this match and I really hope she gets a push.
Did anyone look good after this match? You could argue it really was Bianca’s shining moment on the main roster. It didn’t elevate anyone else in my eyes. We know Lana’s getting her ass beaten by Nia after this because, why wouldn’t she keep bullying her?

Clean sweep
Rollins proclaimed that for the greater good, he needed to be sacrificed. Rollins, representing SmackDown for the first time in his career, just allowed Sheamus to kick his head off and pin him. Brand supremacy! Lee and Otis had themselves a beef on beef moment here. Would have been a really cool Big E moment. Would have preferred that.
Owens was then eliminated after giving everyone Stunners, and Riddle quickly eliminated Corbin. At this point it was 5-2 Raw. Up to this point, SmackDown never went to save one of their men from getting pinned while Raw always took advantage of that.
And then Jey was the last man for the blue brand. Alrighty then. Superkick party commenced, and Jey almost was able to get Styles out, but Jordan interfered on his behalf. And then Keith Lee sent Jey packing for a clean sweep for Raw.
I… don’t know what the point was of that. Rollins’ elimination made the most sense, and you could immediately tell that he was going to be the first out. Lest we forget that Raw was fighting with each other up until last Monday. SmackDown looks really weak after this embarrassing loss. KO and Otis were the freshest going into this, and while they had a few moments (keyword here because that’s quintessential WWE) they fell to a team that all fought with opponents and each other just 6 days ago.
Which one of these SmackDown stars looks credible now, and why should we care? Neither of them, to be honest. And that’s why I’m now okay with Big E not being there. He may be one of the only credible singles dudes on the show.

The Rest

Street Profits def. New Day - Street Profits showed excellent synergy with each other after New Day brought their tweener A-game. Montez Ford was incredible. He caught Kofi after a big dive that could have looked scary, and he got so much air on the frog splash and sold it like death. New Day were playing a bit into their heelish tendencies and I think it really worked here. Before Reigns vs. McIntyre, this was my match of the night. Watch this one, folks.

Sasha Banks def. Asuka - The ferocity from both women was great in this match. You could feel the heat between them from what happened over the summer. There’s no love between these two. Asuka looked like she just pulled it off after a really nasty looking double knee through the ropes, but Sasha just kicked out. They traded pinfalls including a really nice backslide, but Sasha was able to get the best of Asuka. Really nice to finally see Sasha slay this dragon she hadn’t been able to slay in her career, the proper way. There was that one count out victory but eh, wasn’t the best way to do it.

Bobby Lashley def. Sami Zayn - Sami claimed conspiracy, and he got it! The Hurt Business surrounded the ring and really were an intimidating force. MVP took advantage of the referee being caught up with the rest of his crew and tripped Sami and threw him in the ring. Wasn’t a bad match.

Roman and Drew had the match of the damn night, y’all. I’m very interested in seeing the fallout on Raw. Give me a serious, brooding Drew. I want him reflecting on this loss and angry about it. The dud of the show was the men’s Survivor Series match.

Raw won the bragging rights this year, including Miz’s battle royal win on the pre-show.

Grade: B+

thanks so much for this..watched it at midnight
am marvelled on how you predicted Lana's sole survivor...
How did u know plsgrin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2020
maureensylvia:

thanks so much for this..watched it at midnight
am marvelled on how you predicted Lana's sole survivor...
How did u know plsgrin

With the way she was treated from the beginning by Nia and Shayna you just know they had something good for her like a comeuppance or reward for getting out through the table all those times

Plus countless experience from previous WWE bookings grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

With the way she was treated from the beginning by Nia and Shayna you just know they had something good for her like a comeuppance or reward for getting out through the table all those times

Plus countless experience from previous WWE bookings grin
This is the way.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Michael Cole after Roman Vs Drew was over
[img]https://media1./images/a52dcffad48b517c434efdef3498206a/tenor.gif?itemid=6047411[/img]

Insane match
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
Survivor Series was awesome, but why Roman Reigns dey behave like Mafia to his cousins now. Baba gats chill Abeg. Oh my New Day vs Street profits was my match of the night.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
DanieBlinkz:
Survivor Series was awesome, but why Roman Reigns dey behave like Mafia to his cousins now. Baba gats chill Abeg. Oh my New Day vs Street profits was my match of the night.

guy so cold

btw what's wrong with seth Rollins last nyt
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
Qu3sT:

This is the way.

This is the way

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
maureensylvia:

guy so cold

btw what's wrong with seth Rollins last nyt
Paternity leave. Dude is gone
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Qu3sT:

The greater good
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Qu3sT:
better ion like him
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
maureensylvia:

better ion like him

How can you not like the greater good?

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

How can you not like the greater good?
no never not impressed

btw I miss ronda rousey
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
maureensylvia:

no
never
not impressed

btw I miss ronda rousey

I'm detecting mixed feelings here...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Who can remember who said this "now the EST means loneliest" grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
pu7pl3:
Who can remember who said this "now the EST means loneliest" grin

lol Corey Graves last night grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

I'm detecting mixed feelings here...
what do you think
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
maureensylvia:

better ion like him
Interesting.

Why?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
I almost kicked my TV cause of Seth, dude legit provoked me. In fact when is he feuding with the tribal chief, let the Chief destroy him
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2020
maureensylvia:

what do you think

I think you like him but you just don't like his new character and feud with Mysterio
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Contenders
How dare you, Braun Strowman! Adam Pearce did not need to get those hands.
Jumbled him up so bad he’s mispronouncing names.
Pearce was letting the winning Survivor Series team tell him why they think they deserve a title shot against Drew, but Braun was offended by being last picked and headbutted Pearce. In the back, Bobby Lashley and Randy Orton came up to him and Pearce decided that there would be three qualifying matches for a triple threat next week.

We started with Sheamus and Riddle. The Bro kept trying to make it a friendly contest but he just had to keep calling Sheamus “Fireface”. So Sheamus made it a rough fight. Armbars and headlocks galore. Sheamus attempted a pin with his knee on Riddle’s face! Riddle kicked out of a Brogue kick and was locked in a hook for a good 30 seconds. White noise didn’t even put Riddle away. Riddle won, countering the Cloverleaf. Sheamus was irate. Fantastic match.
Next, Bobby Lashley and Keith Lee. HOSS FIGHT! Keith didn’t move when Lashley charged at him. Keith bumped off the ropes and was able to get Lashley down with ease. Lashley picked him up on the outside and just fell by the post with Keith on his shoulders. When we came back from break, he had a big gash on his head. His momentum was never really stopped. Amazing strength by Lashley with a beautiful suplex. MVP interfered and Keith won via disqualification. Fun match with not a great finish. We’ll be seeing a lot more from these two, though.
And then, the main event.
Styles tried to put Orton away early, and I appreciated the urgency. On the outside, Orton threw Styles into Jordan, who took advantage while the referee wasn’t looking for Styles. Styles hit some chop blocks and then Orton hit a wicked neckbreaker. Styles dodged an RKO which we don’t see very often.
And then the Fiend popped up behind the barricade and spooked Orton. He was setting up another RKO and the lights went out. The Fiend popped up on the apron next to Orton. Lights out, and Fiend disappeared again. Styles was waiting to hit the Phenomenal forearm and connected, winning and making next week a triple threat between him, Keith Lee, and Matt Riddle.
This whole show flowed really nicely. Thanks in big part to a cohesive storyline with qualifying matches throughout the night. I did not expect to see the Fiend interfere here. I had pegged an Edge return costing Orton the match. I’m very into Orton and the Fiend.
He never forgets.

F is for friends who do stuff together
Friendship is evil, vile, and repulsive. Friendship. Very evil.
We had a new puppet appear in the Fun House named Friendship Frog who believes in friendship. Bray brought out the “Heal” glove and told Alexa to show the new puppet what she’s going to do to Nikki Cross.
So she killed him. And then they did a tribute to him and laughed. The tribute video was classy.
They played a really awesome video package showing Alexa and Nikki’s friendship. Alexa started toying with Nikki and throughout the bout, had a smile on her face, even after Nikki would attack her. Some really sinister stuff. Nikki gave her some stiff elbows in the corner, and then Alexa started crying. It looked like she snapped out of it.
Haha nope. Baited Nikki again like last time, and gave her a nasty new version of a Sister Abigail. Straight evil pin, too. It’s glorious.
I absolutely loved this. Alexa’s Fiend inspired entrance music rocks. Nikki’s new entrance music however, well, it’s a weird country sounding song and makes zero sense for her character. Unless she’s going to tweak into a cowboy hat wearing gunslinger. I’m really looking forward to Alexa’s continued participation in the Fiend/Bray saga.

The Rest
New Day def. The Hurt Business — The Hurt Business goaded New Day into another championship match earlier in the day and I can’t even begin to tell you how not intimidating “championship opportunity” sounds. Normally I rail against rematches for losers, but since New Day lost at Survivor Series, I didn’t mind this. Cedric literally grabbed Kofi off of the turnbuckle and he took a nasty fall, but he seemed to be okay. They did another double count out gimmick, and this is where I had a problem.
Why did New Day agree to restart the match when it was Hurt Business who caused the count out? Kofi was still hurting and that was some stupid babyface stuff. So they restarted the match, and Shelton flung Kofi a full 360 to the floor and it kept getting worse for him after that. Shelton and Cedric were vicious to Kofi’s knees. Woods got the hot tag and whew boy was it hot. Kofi made the save and then almost killed both himself and Cedric. Cedric shot a devilish look to Shelton for losing the match and I wonder what that means.

Asuka and Lana def. Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax — This started as Lana vs. Asuka in a championship match, but quickly ended when Asuka dumped water on Nia and Shayna. Lana saved Asuka from the dreaded table spot, and then we had a tag match. Nia continued to ragdoll her. Asuka finally got tagged in and pinned Shayna as she focused her attention on choking out Lana. Nia went over the desk when Lana ducked and this is never going to end.

Y’all, I actually enjoyed Raw for the most part. The show didn’t drag for me. Major storylines carried the show and I found myself not wanting to pull my eyes out. I’m excited for next week’s show. I haven’t said that about Raw in a while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Qu3sT:
Interesting.
Why?
his personality and storylines
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2020
pu7pl3:

I think you like him but you just don't like his new character and feud with Mysterio

wow you read my mind lol
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
maureensylvia:

wow you read my mind lol

I own a crystal ball
[img]https://c./Z1ZxS_ufbiEAAAAM/kid-look.gif[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
pu7pl3:

I own a crystal ball [img]https://c./Z1ZxS_ufbiEAAAAM/kid-look.gif[/img]
hahahahaha obviously
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Some new developments

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DownChelsea(f): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
It's now official. The WWE Universal Championship is greater than the "ordinary" WWE Championship.

It's now the most attractive title and the current flagship title in the entire WWE.

Only God knows who would challenge next.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
DownChelsea:
It's now official. The WWE Universal Championship is greater than the "ordinary" WWE Championship.

It's now the most attractive title and the current flagship title in the entire WWE.

Thanks to Roman,
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:33am On Nov 25, 2020
DownChelsea:

it's not only God that knows... some humans know too...it's Daniel Bryan
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:34am On Nov 25, 2020
Qu3sT:

[img]https://media1./images/8614a8bc256d1c626ccd93907bb8be0e/tenor.gif?itemid=19042108[/img]

You think maybe he took time off for something else?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:23am On Nov 25, 2020
Apart from Taker's farewell and Drew Vs Roman, this Survivors Series just looked like a glorified house show.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2020
Kaycee7:
Apart from Taker's farewell and Drew Vs Roman, this Survivors Series just looked like a glorified house show.

What about Sasha Vs Asuka and the street Profits

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.