Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (287801 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:42am On Feb 03, 2021
Edge Vs Balor would slap cheesy

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2021
pu7pl3:
Edge Vs Balor would slap cheesy
As in. Slap like a Ric Flair shot to the chest.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CharlotteLock12(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2021
Charlotte Locksmith Service in Charlotte NC is a licensed, insured, and certified full-service locksmith in Charlotte, NC. with an experience over more than 10 years with all the required tools to handle all your locksmithing problems, whether its residential, commercial, automotive, car key replacement and more. We are here for you 24/7 for any locks or keys issues you might encounter, give us a call at any time even the odd hours of the day. Charlotte Locksmith Service locksmiths take care of our customers like family, with respect and kindness as they make sure to fix your issue and make sure you sleep good at night.

Charlotte Locksmith Service
Phone: (704) 228-4721
Address: 401 Clarkson Green St, Charlotte, NC 28202
https://www.charlotte-locksmiths.com
[color=#000000][/color]

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kaycee7:
As in. Slap like a Ric Flair shot to the chest.

this guy should be on WWE commentary ffs grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
pu7pl3:

this guy should be on WWE commentary ffs grin grin
Boss, dey whine me small small abeg grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kaycee7:
Boss, dey whine me small small abeg grin grin

Nooo...no be whining boss, you toomuch
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
pu7pl3:

Nooo...no be whining boss, you toomuch
You wey dey do full recap nko? You suppose get your own segment for WWE Network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2021
Kaycee7:
You wey dey do full recap nko? You suppose get your own segment for WWE Network.

grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:47am On Feb 04, 2021
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

On This Day
The NXT title match for TakeOver: Vengeance Day was set this week. Royal Rumble winner Edge let the participants know he’ll be watching closely.
Finn Bálor made his title match with Pete Dunne official after Pete Dunne was insisting on it in a promo. And while it should be a banger given the in-ring talent of both men, it doesn’t feel big. O’Reilly vs. Bálor felt bigger than this one. I’m not entirely sure why either. Pete Dunne is great and has held multiple championships in the NXT system. It’s not that he’s not a legit contender.
Maybe it’s because he no longer has Pat McAfee putting him over. Dunne is an average promo and benefitted greatly from a strong talker selling his talents. Maybe it’s because he just lost to the guy who lost to the champ, losing to Kyle O’Reilly in a #1 contenders match not long ago. Either way, this feud seems to be missing something.
Edge interrupted their confrontation to put both these men over, as well as the NXT brand as a whole. And we know he was being sincere. Any listen to his former podcast with Christian when both were both still fooling themselves on retirement, you’d hear him putting over NXT over and over again. The man legit loves this promotion.
He predictably teased that he could face the winner of this match at WrestleMania. He’ll do that with all the brand’s main titles until he finally settles on an opponent. That opponent won’t be the NXT champion. Edge didn’t win the Rumble to face Finn Bálor at Mania, even though that match would be tight. He’s going to challenge for SmackDown or Raw’s championship.
Despite that, just the fact he’s ‘considering it’ gives this feud weight it didn’t have prior. Even if we know he’s probably not going to face the winner, knowing that he’s thinking about it, even just in kayfabe, raises the status of the match.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t add the heat to the match that this program is missing. Hopefully creative figures out how to inject that in the go home show next week.

Elevating Santos
For some reason, Karrion Kross is targeting the cruiserweight champion Santos Escobar.
This boiled to the surface after Escobar successfully defended his title against Curt Stallion. The match was fine, but a footnote to the bigger picture. In fact, the entire match, Scarlett was watching from a balcony and the announcers talked about Kross throughout. Curt Stallion’s chance at a title was not the focus here.
There’s a lot of unknown here. We don’t know why Kross targeted the cruiserweight champ to being with. Escobar didn’t do anything to Karrion prior to finding the tarot card on his bag last week. Ever since that he’s been cavalier about the threat, but Kross started it. He’s 265 pounds so likely doesn’t have the 205 silver in his sight. What’s his endgame here?
The other question is what’s the overall goal? What does NXT look to accomplish with this heel vs. heel program that involves a championship that will be forgotten while this takes place?
One thing it will do is allow Santos to shine brighter. The issue with the cruiserweight division is there aren’t any standouts that allow exciting programs for the champ. He’s by far the most exciting person in the division. So he never gets to raise his game against other talent. He doesn’t get to work guys like Ciampa or Kushida or Gargano or Cole. Those are all programs he’s more than ready for. Perhaps their plan is to use this story to get the title off Escobar and show that he’s ready to ascend the card.
Even in the week this has been happening, Escobar was able to show how good he is. The amount of cockiness he showed when face to face with doomsday himself with baller. Particular, the sigh & eye roll he gave when Karrion was about to join him in the ring demonstrated on how confident this man is. Yes, he’s too confident, but he stood up to NXT’s most dangerous man without blinking.
Whatever the goal, I’m very curious to watch where this takes us.
Speaking of Kross, he and Edge had an interesting confrontation in the parking lot. Karrion told the Ultimate Opportunist that if he is looking to claim the NXT title, he’ll be dealing with him, not Finn or Pete. Edge warned the man that those words may serve as motivation. While this may not go anywhere, it’s great to see the hall of famer mixing it up with as much talent as he can during his stop in the CWC.

Main Event
The main event of the week was a men’s Dusty quarter final between Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole & Roderick Strong) and Tommaso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher.
If you look at the history of the Dusty, Tom and Tim were actually the favorites here. Makeshift tag teams have made up the majority of Dusty winners (3 of the 5). Undisputed are probably the greatest NXT faction of all time, producing many strong tag teams from their ranks, but they just couldn’t get it done here.
There wasn’t any major angle here. This was all about the Dusty Cup and advancing to the semi-finals. But the talent in this match was at another level, giving us a baller tag team showdown.
I’m curious what’s next for the ERA. They’re out of the Dusty. Kyle O’Reilly is out of the world title picture. Once again, NXT creative will be tasked to find something interesting for a crew that really has done everything there is to do. Except break up.

Heels? Really?
Raquel González & Dakota Kai defeated Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter to advance in the Dusty Cup.
To no fault of any of the performers or creative, I watched this match with the rumor about NXT aiming to turn Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter heel on my mind.
Because that really would be quite ridiculous. No doubt Triple H loves to turn his natural babyfaces heels, and to be honest, they’ve all done very well as villains. But this one would be pretty crazy. Two undersized woman who are very athletic make for natural babyfaces.
So I watched this match to see if there were any hints of a turn, and honestly, there weren’t. Maybe the KCs’ prematch, pretaped promo was a bit annoying. But I just figured that’s their personality. The women showed aggression, but you want your babyfaces to find a level of aggression to prevent them from being pushovers.
And honestly, anyone who’s on the other side of the ring from Raquel González is an underdog.
It was expected that Kai & González would win. Raquel is pretty untouchable at this point so they’re going to be cautious with any loss she takes. But the match still established the KCs as a damn fun team. They’ve discovered a way to integrates Kacy’s Ninja Warrior style without going over the top with it. And her finisher remains crazy, though Dakota being late on breaking up the pin forced Raquel to kick out of it in only its second apperance.
The questionable heel turn will be something interesting to watch in the future, but the KCs could be a really fun babyface duo.

Underdog Success
I love Leon Ruff.
That dude absolutely knows what his lane is and he maximizes it completely. He knows he’s an undersized underdog and doesn’t do anything that is unbelievable. I never watch a match with Ruff and think “He’d never be able to pull that off.” That’s an impressive feat for a smaller man like Leon.
Every move he hits works. He’s never over powering, instead of using his own momentum, sometimes his opponents, to his advantage. He uses his smarts too. In this match against Austin Theory, Ruff channeled Eddie Guerrero when he convinced the referee that Johnny Gargano attacked him, resulting in the Way’s leader’s ejection.
Ruff didn’t win, but that’s also why he works so well. He’s such an underdog that his losses are understandable. But his offense is good enough that he could conceivably win many of his matches. It’s a role that has it’s limits, but with they way they use him right now, he’s owning the spot.
After the match, Austin Theory tried to punish his opponent further, but Dexter Lumis stopped him, ripping off some of his hair when Theory was trying to escape. Lumis didn’t eat the hair, which I felt would be on brand, but he did sniff it.

All the Rest:
- The Robert Stone Brand’s Jessi Kamea was scheduled to face Toni Storm, but not long after the match started, Mercedes Martinez attacked one of her TakeOver opponents. Io Shirai came down to watch. Kamea tried to insert herself into this fray, but Stone and Aliyah smartly kept her from getting her ass epically kicked.

- El Legado del Fantasma defeated Lucha House Party in the quarter finals of the Dusty. This sets up MSK vs. Legado next week, which should be a kickin’ match. MSK cut a little promo after this match to give the fans a taste of their quirky personalities. So far, their rollout has been primo.

- Tian Sha has a wild backstory.

This was a fun show this week. As the Dusty advances deeper, the tag matches carry more weight. The main event tag was very fun. And Edge’s appearance felt special, even if it wasn’t more than

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:01am On Feb 04, 2021
Kaycee7:

you are far too kind grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
i just realised that I need to marry Charly caruso embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 9:26am On Feb 05, 2021
Great job purple on the weekly updates. Just to chip in on the Genesis of Kross and Escobar feud. It started when Escobar cut a promo to knock on other champions after defeating gran metalik. He stated he doesn't need a fancy car or hot chick to feel bad ass. A knock on Kross obviously. With that I will be retreating back into the shadows in lumisque fashion.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:57am On Feb 05, 2021
samistry:
Great job purple on the weekly updates. Just to chip in on the Genesis of Kross and Escobar feud. It started when Escobar cut a promo to knock on other champions after defeating gran metalik. He stated he doesn't need a fancy car or hot chick to feel bad ass. A knock on Kross obviously. With that I will be retreating back into the shadows in lumisque fashion.

grin grin

Yea, it's true I remember that...

Lumisque fashion had me rolling grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2021
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions

The future
This recap is properly titled “The future” because there are many men and women in WWE who are indeed the future of wrestling. Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, Apollo Crews, Bianca Belair, Dominik Mysterio, Liv, Ruby, and Billie Kay are just some of hose names.
Hulk Hogan has no place in that future, and it’s time for the business to move on from him.
Hogan right before the Black History Month video package? I am not interested in hearing from ol’ red and yellow talking about the Andre the Giant match or any of his opinions on what’s going on right now. And I’ve got a bridge to sell you if you think that he’s even interested in the modern era of wrestling.
Total contrast to the 2021 Men’s Royal Rumble winner Edge. Edge is not here for himself. You could see it on this show, and you could see it throughout his interactions with people. You can see the happiness in his face. This is not even comparable to Goldberg, and yeah I’ve seen that and it’s a dumb comparison.
The future of wrestling is bright. Time to stop trotting out the legends of yesteryear to “pop a rating”. Build up the performers who this generation will want to look to in 20 years. SmackDown generally does the right thing, and did with this show too, with one miss I’ll touch on in a moment.

Building the suspense
Reigns started the show, talking about looking to the future. (Hey I did that, too!)
He demanded Edge come out to make his decision because Edge should be begging to face him, but Heyman had to inform him that Edge was not here yet.
Dude got MAD. He demanded an answer from Edge by the end of the night.
This promo wasn’t even over yet and I wanted Edge to pick Roman. Immediately was sold on this match. I haven’t seen him as irate as he was since his feud with Jey Uso. Angry Roman is… is something, isn’t he?
Edge came out later and put over all the WWE champions throughout the brands. Reigns came out with a very creepy Uso stalking Edge and Edge called him out for having back up. Reigns told Uso to go back to the bus and said he insulted his family, and he wants to be acknowledged. All of a sudden, Kevin Owens hit the Stunner on Reigns. Edge smirked and got out of the ring to close the show.
The way Jey Uso stalked Edge was frightening, by the way. I just needed to mention that. Jey looked like a Hound ready to pounce.
This was a brilliant finish. Accomplished multiple things. For starters, I said on my Royal Rumble recap that the ending of Owens and Reigns should not be the last time they interact. Seeing this Stunner likely means one more match? I’ll take it. We need a placeholder until WrestleMania. Secondly, the suspense. And it’s already killing me. Edge and Drew would be fun, as would Edge and Balor.
But Edge and Reigns? After this show, sign me up.

Who’s the bEST?
People are blowing up Belair’s phone because of her Royal Rumble win.
She put over the Empress of Tomorrow and The Boss Sasha Banks’ Mandalorian appearances, and said both would be incredible opponents.
Enter Reginald. He offered advice, saying picking Asuka would be way better because she’ll never beat Banks. Carmella came out and said she beat Banks twice and Belair wouldn’t be able to beat her.
Banks made her grand entrance and put Belair over hard. She’s been paying attention to the EST and her record breaking win, but she’s not the bEST. Reginald tried to butt in again and Belair whipped him with her ponytail.
The emotion and presence did not match from last Sunday, but that’s really because WWE has no clue how to book babyfaces. Bianca is a damn star. Let her talk. She was brilliant after her win on Sunday. She didn’t even need to sell it because that was real. We need more of that.

The Rest
Big E defeated Apollo Crews and Sami Zayn
Big E knew he signed up for fights by being champion. He really is such a wonderful talker.
Crews’ strength was on full display here. He launched himself over the top rope and took out Big E, and then did a moonsault from the apron to the floor. Even my gut hurt from that. Zayn tried for a Blue Thunder Bomb but couldn’t get E up. E sent Crews of the rope and I almost jumped because it looked nasty. But he came back in and got a near fall on Zayn. Incredible height on a frog splash! Crews took Zayn out but fell to the Big Ending. This was a great match and boy did Crews look pissed. I’m excited to see what comes of that!

Cesaro defeated Daniel Bryan
These two locked up immediately. Bryan had urgency and aggression right from the jump. Cesaro threw Bryan up for an uppercut but Bryan took him down and tried for the Yes Lock. Cesaro’s head was already bleeding. Bryan stomped on that bleeding head and went for the running knee and Cesaro transitioned into a Backbreaker. I did not expect Cesaro to make Bryan tap, but as Bryan’s said in the past, he wants to put guys over. Cesaro going back to show respect to Bryan was intriguing! Rumor mills swirled saying that Cesaro was originally planned to be in the Nakamura spot weeks ago, so maybe a face turn incoming?

Bayley defeated Ruby Riott
I really hope they never make this Billie Kay stuff bad. It’s so so good, y’all. She was at commentary claiming that she didn’t take Riott’s and Morgan’s discussion as them telling her they didn’t want her around. Some really awesome spots in the match, like when Bayley launched Riott into the top turnbuckle head first and I nearly gout Carmella from the Royal Rumble vibes. She also sold her arm like it was broken, and of course Kay tried to help but it didn’t work. Loved Billie going up to Bayley with her resume.

Dirty Dawgz defeated Otis and Chad Gable
Roode and Ziggler have new music, and it sounded pretty good! Y’all I have no clue what happened in this match because I was totally distracted by the new box that popped up with the Street Profits doing Cole’s and Graves’ jobs. All I know is Roode and Ziggler have new music, and Roode and Ziggler won. My apologies to Otis and Gable.

Dominik Mysterio defeated King Corbin
Dominik was the super underdog for most of this match, but I actually like what they did here. Both Corey and Corbin were selling Dom needing to split from his father in order to become something, while Cole was selling Dom’s babyface qualities linked with his father. Corbin got out of the 619 path and hit the Deep Six. Rey crawled under the ring and grabbed Corbin’s leg and Dom took advantage with a 619, frog splash, and victory.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
pu7pl3:
[img]https://media1./images/b1ac13012e914888d378c29531fa740a/tenor.gif?itemid=19331207[/img]

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:48am On Feb 07, 2021
pu7pl3:
her lips and her portable petite statue embarassed embarassed

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2021
100naira:
her lips and her portable petite statue embarassed embarassed

It's everything for me embarassed
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by SimbaLockNYC(m): 9:12am On Feb 08, 2021
[center]Simba Locksmith NYC
Address:445 E 78 ST New York, NY 10075
Phonesad646) 741-0606

[/center]
We are Simba Locksmith NYC the leading experts providing a quality service that you can trust and depend on. Our licensed and insured Simba Locksmith NYC experts will go the extra mile to ensure that all your Automotive, Residential, Commercial, and Emergency locksmith needs are met. At Simba Locksmith NYC, we have exceptional prices and take great pride in providing all our clients with a satisfaction guarantee.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:01am On Feb 09, 2021
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Laziness strikes the Raw creative team yet again with the announcement of the participants of the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view main event.
It’s not too surprising that they decided that a three hour show wouldn’t benefit from exciting qualifying matches to both fill time and entertain.
Nah.
Not only did they just tell us who’s in the match, they then had four participants wrestle to… preview the Elimination Chamber match. Uh… preview? What? And of course, they pick four guys who have wrestled each other a bunch before this match to preview them being in another match together!
This isn’t hard. There’s a serious lack of good ideas and consistency. Lacey Evans had to qualify against Charlotte Flair for the Raw Women’s title and Ricochet and Drew Gulak had to qualify for the Royal Rumble. And then they just gave Lacey the title match anyway! It’s all just very inconsistent. Make it make sense!

Extremely predictable
The night started off with a surprise Shane McMahon return.
He said that the Elimination Chamber will now be a WWE Championship defense, with McIntyre taking on Sheamus (his original opponent in singles action), Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, and the Miz. Before leaving, Drew caught Shane at his car and said he would have appreciated a heads up but it was decided that Drew suddenly needs to prove himself as a champion.
Later, an angry Sheamus told Adam Pearce that McIntyre would be nothing without him and he got screwed out of his singles match. Personally felt bad for the dude and he really gave off a pissed off and intimidating presence.
So McIntyre and Orton has match number 10 or 11 in their series and Sheamus came out to distract Drew and Orton couldn’t capitalize on it. Drew hit a neckbreaker and then Sheamus came in for a surprise Brogue Kick but Drew put Orton in his path. Drew hit the Claymore on Sheamus to close the show. Another disqualification.
Not just another disqualification, but a predictable and frankly boring way to close the show. It was crystal clear that Sheamus was going to be involved at some point, and it made me not care about this at all. I actually tweeted about Fiendette coming in and ruining the main event as usual, but then Sheamus came out and I knew that there was going to be no Alexa Bliss appearance. That’s fine! Keeping that stuff off TV until after Elimination Chamber might be a better idea.
Not having Bliss come out because of Orton was good, but they didn’t follow that up with something good. Blah. Stuff like this does not make me interested in the Elimination Chamber match.

Edge is smart
Edge said the landscape changed now that McIntyre has to defend against five former champions at Elimination Chamber. He likes his odds against Drew, but he doesn’t like Drew’s odds at the pay-per-view.
Miz came out and said no matter who Edge picks (didn’t mention NXT champ Balor though) he’ll cash in and beat Edge. Edge reminded us that he has been pivotal in Money in the Bank and knows to have eyes in the back of his head.
Edge then said Miz was foolish for telling him what his plans were and he needs to worry about the Elimination Chamber. He said Miz is playing Go Fish while everybody else is playing poker.
I really like what they’ve been doing with Edge last Raw and on this show. He systematically knocked McIntyre and Miz off their proverbial high horses and made them think for a second. Last week, he told Drew always to watch himself with that title on his shoulder, and then Drew’s best friend turned on him. This is good stuff.
I do find it interesting that Edge is seemingly the only one who can challenge the NXT champion this time around, because Bianca Belair never mentioned NXT on SmackDown, and Miz didn’t mention NXT here.

Bad Bunny is also smart
Bad Bunny proved that he watches the product more than most wrestlers.
He knew what would get Miz and Morrison ejected. How do more wrestlers not use this tactic? Everything about Bad Bunny and Damian Priest is great. The match was really to highlight Priest, which is totally fine.
Priest honestly is a great addition to Raw. I’m enjoying everything about him so far.

The Rest
Keith Lee defeated Riddle
While Air Bud was one of my favorite movies of all time growing up, I did not need the movie mentioned in another dreadful Riddle promo.
Riddle started the match immediately with an arm bar, and Lee answered by lifting Riddle with that arm. Tests of strength between both men saw Lee being the dominant man. Riddle tried wearing Lee down with strikes and sleeper holds. Lee’s answer was to just tackle Riddle halfway across the ring. Riddle’s Pele Kick finally got him to stumble, and Riddle’s knee from the top rope dropped Lee like a sack of potatoes. Lee finally hit the Spirit Bomb and Riddle bounced up so high he turned on his stomach. I saw him laughing at the end. MVP was also very entertained by this match. Lashley cleaned house after the match. This was the best match of the night.

New Day defeated RETRIBUTION
For what its worth, Slapjack and T-Bar were pretty good in this match. The real star was Mustafa Ali killin’ it on commentary as usual. His lines about the system preventing T-Bar from eating so he needs to go and take food for himself was great. He had a bit of extra aggression in his voice too. Loved Kofi Kingston smiling at Ali every time he hit T-Bar or Slapjack with a move, including the pinfall. After the match, Xavier Woods said he wants Reckoning, which might actually end up happening if you believe the pair’s Twitter game.

AJ Styles defeated Jeff Hardy
As I mentioned in my opening remarks, this was just laziness. We’ve seen this rivalry have matches and this one was no different. I did appreciate the callback to the leg injury though.

Lana defeated Nia Jax
I didn’t see WWE announce this match beforehand, so it totally caught me by surprise. This was pretty much the same thing its always been. Nia dominates, Lana gets a little bit of comeback. So Lana just… pushed Nia into a table to win a match they should have done months ago. Nia said “MY HOLE!” When she failed to execute a leg drop on the apron. Might be the funniest thing Nia will ever do.
Naomi defeated Shayna Baszler
And that match led to this match! Naomi was favoring her arm and the arm attack Queen Shayna tried taking advantage. Shayna went outside to attack Lana, and then got back in the ring and then Naomi got a surprise roll up victory. This was quick but I love seeing a win for Naomi. I’d also like to see Shayna far away from Nia and doing good things on her own.

Charlotte Flair vs. Lacey Evans ends in an oh so surprising disqualification
Ric Flair said that he doesn’t take orders from any woman, especially his daughter, and he’s not staying at home. Evans has everything it takes to be a star, and she just needs some wisdom and guidance so that’s where he came in. She said that Charlotte’s a fool for passing up his wisdom. Charlotte came out and said she should go back to the Performance Center. Charlotte seemingly forgot when she said she didn’t want her father’s help anymore last year. It was nice to see Asuka get a mention here since she and Charlotte are never together unless tag champions.
The match was all over the place. A few weird spots and naturally didn’t have a finish. Never expected it anyway. And they gave Lacey a title match at Elimination Chamber match anyway so all of this was pointless.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2021
pu7pl3:
I worship Toni Storm's thighs tongue

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
I worship Toni Storm's thighs tongue

When I marry Charly il cheat on her with Toni cry lipsrsealed

Please keep it between us

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

When I marry Charly il cheat on her with Toni cry lipsrsealed

Please keep it between us
las las menascum grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kaycee7:
las las menascum grin

il also cheat with Lana, Sasha, Io, Raquel and the rest later cry

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2021
I will never find forgive WWE for turning Dijakovic into a Bane reject sad
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
[quote author=100naira post=98914577][/quote]

yep...Raquel Shotzi and Rhea in a foursome
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:11am On Feb 10, 2021
pu7pl3:

Mmhmmm! Raquel! tongue You're a man of culture

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.