Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,370 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k (3649 Views)

20 Profitable Businesses To Start In Nigeria / "Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / These 6 Tips Will Help You Get An Ideal Job In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by KyrianOkeke(m): 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Having a business is a great thing for anyone to achieve. Apart from the benefits, it has compared to working for someone, there’s also a level of fulfillment it brings to a person.

So many things have changed from what we were used to in the past. The job securities are no longer there.

According to recent research, it takes an average graduate at least 5 years after to school to secure any job. All of this makes it important for one to consider having a business whether passively or full time.

However, having a business is not easy or everyone will be doing it.

Part of the problem many young entrepreneurs face is getting money for their business. They have great business ideas with potentials to grow big and employ people but they end up disappointed when they are unable to get money for their business.

Another problem entrepreneur’s face is knowing what business to start. This is common with employees who are tired of their job or wish to add to their income source. They are mostly confused about what kind of business to do or how to do it.

In all of this, there are still businesses that one can start with very little capital. Although they are small but can be scaled up easily depending on who is doing the business.

In this article, I’ll be showing you top small businesses that anyone can start with just a laptop and a capital of 10k and earn a decent income whether you’re in it passively or fulltime.

1. Information Marketing

Even in 2018, information marketing is among the simplest businesses to start with little capital. It’s about selling information. Information that people are eager to learn about.

According to research, the information marketing industry is worth a whopping 50 billion dollars. Some top brands involved in this industry are Lynda, udemy and udacity. This shows that the industry is very lucrative.

It’s very simple how it works. All you need do is find an information that is solution based, something people will be willing to pay for, build a product around it and sell.

Imagine creating an information product in the form of an ebook or video and you sell each copy for say #3,500, If you are able to sell 200 copies( which is very small), that will be 3500*200=#700,000.

With a very good coach and knowledge on how to sell online, you will easily do well in this business.

2. Web Design & Development

This is a very simple and lucrative business for entrepreneurs with little capital. The demand for it is very high because every business wants to have an online presence.

Imagine managing the website of about 5 small businesses and you’re being paid #20k monthly by each of those businesses. That is #100k monthly for managing a website that you don’t get to do much on apart from updating some few contents.

What you need mainly to thrive in this business is a good knowledge and experience in designing websites. Even if you don’t know how it’s done, the good news is you don’t have to start learning how to write codes to design a website. With CMS like wordpress & joomla, you can easily learn and perfect your web design skill in 2 weeks or even less.

The next thing after knowing how to setup up a website is to find customers who can pay for your service and it’s also very simple to do. You can advertise your service on your social media accounts or by word-to-word conversation.

3. Freelancing

If you have a skill that you’re very good at then this is a good business for you to consider. There are millions of people in the world who are so lazy to do things for themselves and would rather pay someone to help them do it

All you need do is to register on a freelance site (which is very easy to do) as a seller and start offering your skill as a service to clients who need it.

Some sites for freelancing are; fiverr, up work, findworka (it’s a Nigerian freelancing site)

4. Mini Importation

This one is my personal favorite for several reasons like;

 It’s one of the online businesses I do, and I also have friends who are into it. So I can easily talk or write about it

 It’s very easy to start. Unlike the other businesses where you have to build a product yourself to sell or learn a skill, there’s nothing like that in Importation. Everything has been done for you so all you need do it to place an order for product you choose to sell and you start selling.

E-commerce & Importation are businesses I call super lucrative. Imagine buying a product at very cheap amounts and selling in Nigeria, you could make more than twice what you paid for the product as pure profit.

People are buying things every day, both online & offline. All you need do is find out what they are interested in and then sell it to them, it’s that simple…

All of these businesses are very lucrative and easy to start too.

Before going into any of them, the first thing you should do is find someone who is already doing well in the one you want to go into, then meet the person to teach you. It will save you a lot of stress.

[url]I have a report that teaches everything about importation, What it is, how to start it and the kind of products to import and I’m giving the report out for FREE >>>Click Here to Get it>>>
[/url]http://sales.fullecomsetup.com/free-report/

1 Like

Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Alexdon200089: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nice one
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by AgentNnamdi: 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
KyrianOkeke:
Having a business is a great thing for anyone to achieve. Apart from the benefits, it has compared to working for someone, there’s also a level of fulfillment it brings to a person.

So many things have changed from what we were used to in the past. The job securities are no longer there.

According to recent research, it takes an average graduate at least 5 years after to school to secure any job. All of this makes it important for one to consider having a business whether passively or full time.

Part of the problem many young entrepreneurs face is getting money for their business. They have great business ideas with potentials to grow big and employ people but they end up disappointed when they are unable to get money for their business.

Another problem entrepreneur’s face is knowing what business to start. This is common with employees who are tired of their job or wish to add to their income source. They are mostly confused about what kind of business to do or how to do it.

In all of this, there are still businesses that one can start with very little capital. Although they are small but can be scaled up easily depending on who is doing the business.

In this article, I’ll be showing you top small businesses that anyone can start with just a laptop and a capital of 10k and earn a decent income whether you’re in it passively or fulltime.

1. Information Marketing

Even in 2018, information marketing is among the simplest businesses to start with little capital. It’s about selling information. Information that people are eager to learn about.

According to research, the information marketing industry is worth a whopping 50 billion dollars. Some top brands involved in this industry are Lynda, udemy and udacity. This shows that the industry is very lucrative.

It’s very simple how it works. All you need do is find an information that is solution based, something people will be willing to pay for, build a product around it and sell.

Imagine creating an information product in the form of an ebook or video and you sell each copy for say #3,500, If you are able to sell 200 copies( which is very small), that will be 3500*200=#700,000.

With a very good coach and knowledge on how to sell online, you will easily do well in this business.

This is a very simple and lucrative business for entrepreneurs with little capital. The demand for it is very high because every business wants to have an online presence.

Imagine managing the website of about 5 small businesses and you’re being paid #20k monthly by each of those businesses. That is #100k monthly for managing a website that you don’t get to do much on apart from updating some few contents.

What you need mainly to thrive in this business is a good knowledge and experience in designing websites. Even if you don’t know how it’s done, the good news is you don’t have to start learning how to write codes to design a website. With CMS like wordpress & joomla, you can easily learn and perfect your web design skill in 2 weeks or even less.

The next thing after knowing how to setup up a website is to find customers who can pay for your service and it’s also very simple to do. You can advertise your service on your social media accounts or by word-to-word conversation.

3. Freelancing

If you have a skill that you’re very good at then this is a good business for you to consider. There are millions of people in the world who are so lazy to do things for themselves and would rather pay someone to help them do it

All you need do is to register on a freelance site (which is very easy to do) as a seller and start offering your skill as a service to clients who need it.

Some sites for freelancing are; fiverr, up work, findworka (it’s a Nigerian freelancing site)

4. Mini Importation

 It’s one of the online businesses I do, and I also have friends who are into it. So I can easily talk or write about it

 It’s very easy to start. Unlike the other businesses where you have to build a product yourself to sell or learn a skill, there’s nothing like that in Importation. Everything has been done for you so all you need do it to place an order for product you choose to sell and you start selling.

E-commerce & Importation are businesses I call super lucrative. Imagine buying a product at very cheap amounts and selling in Nigeria, you could make more than twice what you paid for the product as pure profit.

People are buying things every day, both online & offline. All you need do is find out what they are interested in and then sell it to them, it’s that simple…

Before going into any of them, the first thing you should do is find someone who is already doing well in the one you want to go into, then meet the person to teach you. It will save you a lot of stress.

[url]I have a report that teaches everything about importation, What it is, how to start it and the kind of products to import and I’m giving the report out for FREE >>>Click Here to Get it>>>

Good post
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Nizguy(m): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
KyrianOkeke:

1. Information Marketing

3. Freelancing

4. Mini Importation

pls how can sum1 learn the WordPress or joomla, and CMS as u said. cos the amount the are calling for me to learn web here in Onitsha is quite alarming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by monabass: 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nice write up and very timely.

Get your mobile phone accessories at the cheapest prices from https://www./m-mobile-accesories/
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by macaranta(m): 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
Information Marketing is lucrative as long as you're creating value...

Visit our E-learning Platform [url]macaranta.com[/url] to sell your short courses online.
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Alexdon200089: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nizguy:

pls how can sum1 learn the WordPress or joomla, and CMS as u said. cos the amount the are calling for me to learn web here in Onitsha is quite alarming

So you are in Onitsha like me?
Hope is not NIIT you want to run the programme?NIIT onitsha Don F wella, they are just after your money, but won't teach you the practical aspect of it!!..Like the op said, look for someone that is doing well with the line of business you want to do and learn from him/her...it will save you stress and time!!!

I also wanna do the Web design and development ..but ain't doing it in Onitsha, was able to connect with a brilliant guy on LinkedIn, who would help me in learning it
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by kingsleyugo41(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nizguy:

am in onitsha i can teach web design using wordpress, html, css and java script call on 07038681462
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by KyrianOkeke(m): 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2018
Add me up on facebook(Chimezie Okeke Kyrian) or call me on 08181269958... I have a course on WordPress i made myself, i'll give it to you for free m
Nizguy:

Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by sulakishop(m): 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Since you didn't mention snake or BBN, it won't make front page...
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Premiumwriter: 11:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
Freelancing is Bae kiss
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by mundus(m): 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
It's few months to passing out.

Prepare yourself for the tough competition in the labour market by starting now to practice and get familiar with past questions and answers of top companies and brands in Nigeria.

Remember that preparation + opportunity = Success.

Take advantage of this promo to purchase there 7 past questions in one combo pack. Ordinarily each of them cost N2,000 each which makes it a total of N14,000.

However, you are getting this for just N5,000 if you make payment in the next few days.

KPMG
Navy
Army
Dragnet
PWC
Workforce
Shell
SHL

Remember, there's nothing as painful as a missed opportunity.

To prove the authenticity of this, i will send some of the past questions to you for free before you pay. Call/Whatsapp 08138543144 to make purchase.

See you at the top.

Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by snowden9(m): 11:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
You said 3 and you mentioned 4 ways. Can't you count?
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by KyrianOkeke(m): 12:18am On Mar 06, 2018
snowden9:
You said 3 and you mentioned 4 ways. Can't you count?
Ohhh! it was an oversight.
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by phemy001(m): 2:58am On Mar 06, 2018
Am so much interested in freelancing, plzz wu can b of help to me,
Plz biko , man must survive
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Nizguy(m): 5:51am On Mar 06, 2018
KyrianOkeke:
Add me up on facebook(Chimezie Okeke Kyrian) or call me on 08181269958... I have a course on WordPress i made myself, i'll give it to you for free m

wow thanks bro. i'm highly appreciate
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Nizguy(m): 5:54am On Mar 06, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
am in onitsha i can teach web design using wordpress, html, css and java script call on 07038681462

wow where in onitsha? hope u wont call price for me
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by Nizguy(m): 5:57am On Mar 06, 2018
Alexdon200089:

So you are in Onitsha like me?
Hope is not NIIT you want to run the programme?NIIT onitsha Don F wella, they are just after your money, but won't teach you the practical aspect of it!!..Like the op said, look for someone that is doing well with the line of business you want to do and learn from him/her...it will save you stress and time!!!

I also wanna do the Web design and development ..but ain't doing it in Onitsha, was able to connect with a brilliant guy on LinkedIn, who would help me in learning it

yes bro i'm in onitsha.
not NIIT at all. where re u in onitsha?
Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by BenedictStinson(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nizguy:

https://websitesetup.org/. a very easy and FREE guide

1 Like

Re: 3 Businesses To Start In 2018 With A Laptop And 10k by tunalbreeze(m): 3:15am On Dec 07, 2018
great write up.
another great way to start a business with your laptop or mobile device is to start buying and selling on https://istiga.com

(1) (Reply)

Uba Graduate Trainee Job Recruitment 2018 - Apply Now Before Deadline Date / Guarantor's Forms/referee Form For Prison,custom Fire Service Etc / People Having Remote Job - How Are You Getting Paid? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.