Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status (1356 Views)

Husband Seeks Dissolution Of 10 Years Marriage Over Alleged DNA Result / Man Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Sexual Escapades On Social Media / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by newmaster(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's HIV Status
Romoke W. Ahmad
27 April 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email|Print|Comment
Share:
Abuja — A middle-aged man, Jacob Jackson, last Wednesday told an Abuja Upper Area Court to dissolve his marriage because of his wife's HIV positive status.

Jacob alleged in court that his wife engages in extra-marital affairs which led to pregnancy and the baby she is nursing presently."I discovered my wife's insincerity when HIV/AIDS screen was carried out on her when she was pregnant and the result was positive," he said.

He said after his wife's result, he went for the same test and tested negative, adding that he wonders where she got the disease.

In her response, his wife denied sleeping with any person outside marriage and linked the infection to a blood transfusion she underwent when she was ill.

She told the court that the HIV positive result surprised her but cannot prove her innocence.

The woman told the court to go ahead and grant her husband's petition since it was his wish.

Judge Issa Alhaji Yahaya granted the divorce and ordered that DNA test be carried out on their child when she reaches the age of seven years.

Be the first to Write a Comment!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004280526.html?
Re: Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2010
ok.let me b d first to comment.
lol
why his he sacred of hiv.is the marriage not for better for worse.so some people still have the beleive dat hiv is only gotten through sex.upon all this orientation on hiv.pple mentality no dey change
Re: Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by agathamari(f): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
if he can confirm teh wife was unfaihful and the child is not his then go ahead with the divorce. if there is proff that the infection is because of the transfusion then stay and love your wife
Re: Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by jhydebaba(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2013
serinavagz: I am Nagalia Pendragon from Canada, after six years in marriage with my husband with 3 kids, he suddenly started going out with other women and coming home late, each time i confronted him it turns out to be a fight and he always treathened to divorce me at all time, my marriage was gradually coming to an end. i tried all i could to stop him from this unruly attitude but all proved abortive, until i saw a post in the forum about a spell caster who helps people cast spell on marriage and relationship problems, at first i doubted it but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this Spell caster Dr. Ikedi Ero via email, he helped me cast a spell and within 4 hours my husband came back apologizing for all he has done and promised never to do such again and today we are happily together again. Contact this Great spell caster for your marriage or relationship issues via this email; ikedispiritualtemple@gmail.com
U must be high on cheap marijuana.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 30, 2013
jhydebaba: U must be high on cheap marijuana.

Cheap kee, this one cannot even afford cheap marijuana. He or she is high on oxygen.. See the level scammers have fallen too. Oma she ooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by daisyella: 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
People don't know d seriousness of making those vows "for better for worse, in sickness and in health"
Re: Nigeria: Husband Seeks Divorce Over Wife's Hiv Status by mgbeketoto: 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
Soooooooooooooooo. . . what is the problem?
Ist to complain. . . . does not guarantee 'credibility' status!
If we hear from the wife now. . .IT WILL BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY ENTIRELY!

NAIJA MEN! TWA!!!! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Ashamed To Move On And Anyone In My Place Should Not Be! By Eunice B. / no more / Please Vote For My Baby In The Pampers Baby Of The Month Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.