Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers (23993 Views)

Bolt (taxify) Drivers Needed In Ibadan. / Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) / 22 Essential Tips For Uber, Oga-taxi & Taxify Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by autojosh: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
The ride-share service is fast becoming a big source of employment and extra-income for Nigerians.

In Nigeria, the biggest provider of ride-share service are Uber, Taxify and OgaTaxi.

However, like most businesses, this service comes with some peculiar customer relations challenge.

Being a ride-share driver – especially in Lagos – is not an easy enterprise. You get to experience all sorts.

As a ride-share driver, if there is any quality that one needs to have, it is an incredible degree of the spirit of endurance.

Anyway, below is a list of some types of passengers that ride-share drivers dread.

1. The Unruly Ones. There are the type of passengers that can provoke one to the point that one might need to pull over and ask them to come down from the car.

2. The Intoxicated Ones. These type typically request for rides from Club houses, bars and party venues. The moment they board, the car automatically starts smelling of liquor. Throughout the journey, they leave you praying that they do not leave vomit in your car. They are the reasons why you always have polythene bags in your glove compartment.

3. The Free Riders. These ones never have the intension of paying for the ride. They look for every reason to get into a fight with the driver. They throw needless tantrums. All these so that they can have an excuse not to pay. These drama kings and queens usually have no qualms hurling insults at you.

4. The Late Arrivers. These types have no problem keeping you waiting for them until it is ultra convenient for them to come to the car. Some spend more time keeping you waiting than it takes to make the trip.

5. The Viciously Sarcastic Ones. These types are very witty and diplomatic with insults. When they are done with you, they leave you feeling so good with yourself. This type can tell you to go to hell and you would be gladly looking forward to the journey.

6. The Low Raters. These are the ones that nothing gives greater pleasure than to rate you very low to your employers.

7. Speed Racers. They order you to over speed to their destination. They also encourage you to beat the traffic light, take the one-way route and to infringe on as many traffic laws as possible. They stop short of blaming you for their failure to get prepared on time for the trip.

8 The Royal Ones. These ones come convinced that you are way beneath them. They believe that they are royalty – and you are their subject. And so, you must worship them.

9. The Shady or Criminally-minded Ones. They typically board the car in numbers. They discuss amongst themselves in highly coded language or slangs. When on the phone, they speak in codes or near whisper. They can change the course of the journey as many times as possible for no reason. They also instruct the driver to avoid routes with police presence. Their presence often betray the smell of cheap hard drugs.

10. The Wanderers. These ones are those who will initiate a journey with no specific destination. They just instruct you to drive.

11. The Ones With Dangerous and Risky Destinations. They request for rides to the most dangerous part of town. These are the type of trips you find yourself reciting the Rosary as many times as possible.

https://autojosh.com/12-types-passengers-dreaded-uber-taxify-drivers/

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Angyella(f): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Evablizin(f): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by BiafranBushBoy: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mtcheww

4 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Leopantro: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
The Viciously Sarcastic Ones. These types are very witty and diplomatic with insults. When they are done with you, they leave you feeling so good with yourself. This type can tell you to go to hell and you would be gladly looking forward to the journey

The following statement is false.it seems some people are blessed ( cursed) with this gift. I remember a guy that said something to me, it took me two days to analyze if he was insulting or complementing me. true story.

fascinating. Nigerian's don't understand The Liar Paradox

21 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Cdec(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
IQ Express Limited is gradually redefining the scope of international Logistics.We constantly brainstorm on ideas and review our processes in other to achieve better customer experience. In line with this, we have concluded plans to have collection centers located in all the cities in the UK. This will make it easier for our UK clients to have their consignments picked up and get delivered to Nigeria and other parts of Africa. The most interesting aspect of this arrangement is that pick up and handling of cargo come with zero cost. Customers are only to pay for cargo transportation. Freight forwarding has never got better. Take advantage of this GOLDEN opportunity and enjoy the ultimate freight forwarding experience.

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by rentAcock(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
Most uber drivers think they are making money but they never factor in fuel costs, car depreciation, and uber's fees. When they sit down and do the math properly, they will be better off working as bus conductors.

10 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Ekakamba: 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
The Zone Bee ones: This ones have no complains no matter how the driver manhandles the steering wheel. They praise the driver aloud as if they're reaching oragsm but deep inside them they know the driver is riding to hell. They don't wanna criticize the driver they picked bcoz of effing pride. Well I'm the passerby lemme watch them with keen interest.

Safe journey more tha fork cars. grin

3 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Articul8(m): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
Some female passengers
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by macaranta(m): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
The rape-criers

They call for a ride only to cry rape when nothing happened

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by biacan(f): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
And you has to round up your article with the pics of white people when you're writing for black people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Romeo3(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
I don't dread anyone.... as long as they pay my money. grin

I make 140k weekly driving uber/taxify. which problem or person i go dread? shocked

Read my diary. link in signature

14 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Amirullaha(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
Romeo3:
I don't dread anyone.... as long as they pay my money. grin

I make 140k weekly driving uber/taxify. which problem or person i go dread? shocked

Read my diary. link in signature
Show us the way sir...

3 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by yeyeboi(m): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
Oo are you a Uber Driver
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by gbaskiboy: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
Very nice thread, am waiting for the counter thread
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Andrewgame42: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
Whats of The ones that spray ur eyes with pepper spray and then accused you online of rape and kidnapping ?

16 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Fadiga24(m): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
biacan:
And you has to Rand up your article with the pics of white people when you're writing for black people
It's called 'round'

5 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
The ones that can accuse you of being a rapist/ritualist over misunderstandings.
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Harddiskng(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
7. Speed Racers.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2018
AntiBrutus:
The ones that can accuse you of being a rapist/ritualist over misunderstandings.

The ones like you that will use your badluck to ruin the rest of the day for them.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by mayowascholar(m): 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
Noted
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by ayourbamie: 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
Fapson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by sanerugwei: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
biacan:
And you has to Rand up your article with the pics of white people when you're writing for black people

No be only rand, you mean he should have pounds and euro it up with oyibo peeps and dollar it up with amelikanas.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by EzeJustme(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
I really wants to do this business, any idea?
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Karlman: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
biacan:
So you can't even tell blacks and whites apart?

Those ain't white please!

2 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by dragonking2: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Female passengers are the most dreaded.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
The Ones With Dangerous and Risky Destinations. They request for rides to the most dangerous part of town. These are the type of trips you find yourself reciting the Rosary as many times as possible.

Reciting the Rosary won't save anyone. Catholics, learn how to pray!

2 Likes

Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
Thanks OP
Re: 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
dragonking2:
Female drivers are the most dreaded.

Oh no

Sorry ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What To Do If You See A Pothole At 100km/hr Speed Or Above? / Pictures Of A Lady Riding Okada / Train And Truck Collide In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.