Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu (663 Views)

Rotimi Kukoyi Gets Accepted Into 15 Schools, Receives $2m In Scholarship Offers / Construction Of Transportation University To Start Very Soon - Rotimi Amaechi / Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by BigboysZ(m): 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
AAUAITES DEMAND:
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO RESUME?
WE SAY NO TO AAUA SCHOOL FEES INCREMENT....
Good day Mr. Governor, I greet you in the name of every terrestial force working in the air, on land and beneath the surface of earth as I tender my congratulations on your one year anniversary in office so far, may the almighty Olodumare see you through to the end if the masses comfort zone is truly within your heart.
I write this to you as a painstaking AAUAITE who is bewildered and concerned over why we have not resumed after two month break at home which is now going to three month. Ofcourse we are all aware when you dropped the bombshell at AAUA Convocation that we should expect school fees increment during this economic hardship being faced by our parents who are owed backlog of salaries and arrears.
Mr. Governor, you were once a Student Unionist, you have been involved in agitations of students struggle, so I'd like to believe that you know that education is our right and not priviledge. Over the years, your predecessors have maintained low fee tuition at AAUA just to ensure that average and less priviledge citizens have opportunity to go to school even though there is no provisions for job even after the whole stress in the university.
It is important to let you know that increment in school fees would lead to massive dropout and economic hardship especially to students like me who work hard to finance himself so as to meet up to society standards.
Now, we feel the future of over 17,000 students is now being toyed and politicized as we do not even have a clue of resumption. We are also aware of the fact that your visitation panel submitted a report that states "that the school is not well funded is an understatement", what then have we done to expect an incoming hardship from your government when the people of Ondo State decides to give you their mandate with the hope of "Think Anew Act Anew".
Mr. Governor, education has and was never a means of generating revenue, it is a responsibility that every government should provide it citizens or should we now believe that it is APC ideology to inflate school fees in every states they takeover?
It is at this junction I would like to tell you that we are tired of waiting for resumption like the second coming of Jesus Christ and also we say 'No to Increment of School Fees' at this moment that even three square meal is not certain. Why should our future be toyed with all because no government officials children is schooling in the country.
Many are scared to talk because of the fear of suspension and expulsion, but like the saying goes "man dies the moment he keeps silent in the presence of tyranny", increment at this moment is not just ideal because AAUA remain the last hope of common man. My silence has not protected me in anyway neither will my talking protect me.
On behalf of AAUAITES, I hereby implore you to think twice of your decision towards school fee increment before you send multitude of souls to the street hopelessly. Remember that when a dancer fails to listen to the drummer's beat, he dances off key, destiny's will be decided by your decisions.
Once again, we want to resume and we say no to increment of school fees.
Amangla Awetu!
Ganiyu Oladipupo
400L Philosophy Student
AAUA
Cc; All Authorities
AAUA Management
Students Union

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by gabe15(m): 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
BigboysZ:
AAUAITES DEMAND:
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO RESUME?
WE SAY NO TO AAUA SCHOOL FEES INCREMENT....
Good day Mr. Governor, I greet you in the name of every terrestial force working in the air, on land and beneath the surface of earth as I tender my congratulations on your one year anniversary in office so far, may the almighty Olodumare see you through to the end if the masses comfort zone is truly within your heart.
I write this to you as a painstaking AAUAITE who is bewildered and concerned over why we have not resumed after two month break at home which is now going to three month. Ofcourse we are all aware when you dropped the bombshell at AAUA Convocation that we should expect school fees increment during this economic hardship being faced by our parents who are owed backlog of salaries and arrears.
Mr. Governor, you were once a Student Unionist, you have been involved in agitations of students struggle, so I'd like to believe that you know that education is our right and not priviledge. Over the years, your predecessors have maintained low fee tuition at AAUA just to ensure that average and less priviledge citizens have opportunity to go to school even though there is no provisions for job even after the whole stress in the university.
It is important to let you know that increment in school fees would lead to massive dropout and economic hardship especially to students like me who work hard to finance himself so as to meet up to society standards.
Now, we feel the future of over 17,000 students is now being toyed and politicized as we do not even have a clue of resumption. We are also aware of the fact that your visitation panel submitted a report that states "that the school is not well funded is an understatement", what then have we done to expect an incoming hardship from your government when the people of Ondo State decides to give you their mandate with the hope of "Think Anew Act Anew".
Mr. Governor, education has and was never a means of generating revenue, it is a responsibility that every government should provide it citizens or should we now believe that it is APC ideology to inflate school fees in every states they takeover?
It is at this junction I would like to tell you that we are tired of waiting for resumption like the second coming of Jesus Christ and also we say 'No to Increment of School Fees' at this moment that even three square meal is not certain. Why should our future be toyed with all because no government officials children is schooling in the country.
Many are scared to talk because of the fear of suspension and expulsion, but like the saying goes "man dies the moment he keeps silent in the presence of tyranny", increment at this moment is not just ideal because AAUA remain the last hope of common man. My silence has not protected me in anyway neither will my talking protect me.
On behalf of AAUAITES, I hereby implore you to think twice of your decision towards school fee increment before you send multitude of souls to the street hopelessly. Remember that when a dancer fails to listen to the drummer's beat, he dances off key, destiny's will be decided by your decisions.
Once again, we want to resume and we say no to increment of school fees.
Amangla Awetu!
Ganiyu Oladipupo
400L Philosophy Student
AAUA
Cc; All Authorities
AAUA Management
Students Union
cc:fynestboi, lasticalala ,ijebabe,mynd44,chukwudi44,ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by Mariyham(f): 10:09am On Mar 06, 2018
Ogbeni Hercule u get am wella
House don tire person
Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by Treyknowles(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Nawa o, I had no idea AAUA is on strike.
Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by ajoskele(m): 11:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Treyknowles:
Nawa o, I had no idea AAUA is on strike.
AAUA is not on strike. They went on session break and since then the government has decided to keep them at home. It's all about the confirmed news of tuition increment.
Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by ajoskele(m): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2018
Lalasticlala, help the entire students of AAUA pass this message to the government of Ondo state.

Thanks.
Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by Treyknowles(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2018
ajoskele:
AAUA is not on strike. They went on session break and since then the government has decided to keep them at home. It's all about the confirmed news of tuition increment.
oh, it is well.
Re: Open Letter To Ondo State Governor; Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu by BigboysZ(m): 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
Lalasticlala, please help us push this to the front page.Help save our future from this people called Politician.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get A Metal Id Card / What Are The Benefits You Have Gotten From Nairaland Forum (share) / 2017/2018 Second Semester Calendar Of Akwa Ibom State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.