Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here (3811 Views)

Should I Serve In Zamfara Or Redeploy? / Opportunity For Engineering Corps Members Seeking PPA / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
I created this thread so that the Corps member reciding in Abuja and those seeking to serve in Abuja can get to know each other and be acquainted before deployment. General questions and suggestions are welcomed. pls note that I don't know anybody in NYSC office so I can't help anybody even me dey God hand. so I pray and hope for those that wants to serve in Abuja to be granted their wish. amen. you can drop your number let's relate on whatsapp. corper wee!

1 Like

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by stanbillion200(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
I am here. Team Abuja
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 7:50am On Mar 06, 2018
stanbillion200:
I am here.
Team Abuja
I see you. you're welcome
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by stanbillion200(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2018
Ummidearie51:
I see you. you're welcome
Any news concerning the mobilization??
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2018
stanbillion200:

Any news concerning the mobilization??
the workshop held yesterday. so there's great chance that the registration will commence as proposed on 26th of March
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
18 Important Registration Requirements All NYSC 2018 Batch A Must KnowThe National Youth Service Corps, NYSC has fixed March 26, for the commencement of the registration of 2018 Batch ‘A’ corps members.The agency has also announced that the NYSC On-line registration portal will be opened from March 26 to April 8, 2018 to enable them register for the 2018 Batch ‘A’ mobilization.However, if you are signing in for the 2018 Batch A orientation program and you don't know how to go about it, here is the step by step registration guide for all Prospective Corps Members.
1. Go to NYC websiteLog on to the NYSC Website. You can use any of these three addressesportal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1/www.nysc.gov.ngwww.nysc.org.ng
2. Your e-mail must be functional All Prospective Corps Members, PCM must have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register
3. Use correct Matric number to register PCMs who graduated from Nigerian higher institutions are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
4. Only PCMs whose names are approved by the Senate can register , only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
5. Those who study abroad must have graduated from accredited schools Foreign-trained PCM should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
6. Foreign-trained graduates must upload some documents on NYSC portalForeign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:West African School Certificate (WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or GeneralCertificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent. First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or PhD not necessary).Transcript of the first Degree or HND. International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
7. Graduates who study in non-English speaking countries must get documents translated It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into Englishlanguage before uploading.
8. Medical Science graduates must have Certificates of Registration with professional bodies All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical LaboratoryScience and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
9. Foreign trained graduates should not visit Abuja for document verificationUnlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
10. No fake document should be presented Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
11. Passport Photographs of Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:i. Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending ii. Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized iii. Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow
12. Proxy Registration not allowed On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
13. You'll pay N3,000 if you want your call up number sent to you Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
14. Don't pay anybody if you're collecting your call-up number from your school PCM who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
15. If you have paid before, don't pay again All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
16. Upload your marriage certificate if you're married Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
17. Orientation camp will not accommodate pregnant PCMs The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated. They go back home after registration.
18. Part-time graduates should register online to collect Letter of Exclusion All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
You are free to ask questions and I will attempt to give you the best answers you need.
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by bee4blues: 1:40am On Mar 07, 2018
HELLO guys!

If you wish to serve in Abuja or any state in the federation, please contact me. 200% assurance. Our success record is enough proof!

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Cinderelly(f): 5:08am On Mar 07, 2018
My name was omitted in the last batch. This is my time ooh. Abuja on my mind also, though different discouragement about the high standard of living and all, but I'm bent on Abuja. I'm not lazy, I might carry my shoes and bags business along sef.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 7:38am On Mar 07, 2018
Cinderelly:
My name was omitted in the last batch. This is my time ooh. Abuja on my mind also, though different discouragement about the high standard of living and all, but I'm bent on Abuja. I'm not lazy, I might carry my shoes and bags business along sef.
My dear don't be discouraged if Aboki can survive in Abuja, I bet you too can survive. plus you have a hand work. your shoe business can help in sustaining you...... just pray you will be posted to a place where you will have time to make shoes. all the best corper wee
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by adetony244(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cinderelly:
Dear friend, standard of living is not to be confused with cost of living. I think you wanted to say cost of living up there. Cheers
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Cinderelly(f): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
adetony244:

Dear friend, standard of living is not to be confused with cost of living. I think you wanted to say cost of living up there. Cheers
Yes please, not all that live in Abj are "rich'' after all....
I mean the cost of living is high. Thanks a bunch
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Leosmart855: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cost of living, my fear too..
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 12:01am On Mar 08, 2018
Leosmart855:
Cost of living, my fear too..
yes the cost of living in Abuja is high. you can reduce cost by staying outcast of Abuja. e. g lugbe alaita, karmajiji, nyanya. these places are quite affordable. unless you or your parents are rich before you can think of staying in heart of Abuja. we should learn to cut our khaki according to our size. traffic in Abuja is also a factor to consider, it can be really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Leosmart855: 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
Na wa oO
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Leosmart855: 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ummidearie51:
yes the cost of living in Abuja is high. you can reduce cost by staying outcast of Abuja. e. g lugbe alaita, karmajiji, nyanya. these places are quite affordable. unless you or your parents are rich before you can think of staying in heart of Abuja. we should learn to cut our khaki according to our size. traffic in Abuja is also a factor to consider, it can be really frustrating.
So what's the point serving in Abuja chai, okay lets say am staying in one of those suburbs in abj and my ppa is in the heart of abj, how do i deal with transportation mtchwww somehow frustrating but i must serve there shaa

1 Like

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
Leosmart855:

So what's the point serving in Abuja chai, okay lets say am staying in one of those suburbs in abj and my ppa is in the heart of abj, how do i deal With transportation mtchwww somehow frustrating but i must serve there shaa
Lolx, see determination, the only solution is to wake up on time. at least Abj is better compare to lag in terms of traffic. welcome by the way. Abuja on point

1 Like

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Leosmart855: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ummidearie51:
Lolx, see determination, the only solution is to wake up on time. at least Abj is better compare to lag in terms of traffic. welcome by the way. Abuja on point
thanks so much..
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Askedi(m): 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Abuja here we come
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Awaitingkopa(f): 10:07am On Mar 09, 2018
Leosmart855:

So what's the point serving in Abuja chai, okay lets say am staying in one of those suburbs in abj and my ppa is in the heart of abj, how do i deal with transportation mtchwww somehow frustrating but i must serve there shaa
mpape is somehow in town and houses there are cheap, u can get self con below 100k. Bt mpape no b tu.sh place ooo

NaH Abuja I wan serve too o
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2018
I think we should start dropping our number so that we can create a whatsapp group, for easier communication. messenge me on 07038787678.
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2018
Awaitingkopa:
mpape is somehow in town and houses there are cheap, u can get self con below 100k. Bt mpape no b tu.sh place ooo

NaH Abuja I wan serve too o
less than 100k for house is okay. plus mpape is really close to town. it's alright to start small, in fact it's not wise to start lavishly. Anything above 100k for house is too much as a corper.
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2018
To check if the course you studied has been accredited and approved by NYSC you can do so by visiting portal.nysc.org.ng and click on accredited institution/programme. 1. select your programme i.e monotechnic, polytechnic or university. 2. then select your institution. the list of accredited courses for the institution will be displayed.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
23rd is fast approaching and on 19th senate list will be uploaded. so let's keep the required documents handy.
1. we should make sure we have a valid and working e mail address. if you've forgotten your password retrieve it or better still open another one. it won't take us anything to open a new email.
2. a working GSM number.
3. For some of us like me that have forgotten their school details like matric number, jamb registration number etc. try and remember it and write them down.
4. All your school certificate including jamb registration and waec neco etc.
5. Try and have passport at least 12 copies, they can never be too much.
Lastly remember that those who register on time have better chance to serve in competitive states like Abuja and Lagos.
I wish us all the best, I pray our heart desires are met.
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 15, 2018
are they going to pay for the online registration come 26th of this month and how much is it?
Ummidearie51
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2018
dayo2me:
are they going to pay for the online registration come 26th of this month and how much is it?
Ummidearie51
The registration is totally free, although you have an option of paying 3,000 naira, so that you can print your call up letter online or going to your school to collect it the choice is yours.
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 10:31am On Mar 15, 2018
Information reaching me is that most schools have started sending their approved senate list to NYSC. and uploading is going on right now, although you can't check it online yet, till 19th of this month. Try and check your school if your name is on your school pre mobilization list.

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by OreoPaschal(m): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2018
Ummidearie51:
Information reaching me is that most schools have started sending their approved senate list to NYSC. and uploading is going on right now, although you can't check it online yet, till 19th of this month. Try and check your school if your name is on your school pre mobilization list.

This is confusing my guy... Please, which site are we to check on 19th of March? Do you have idea when the medical fitness is required?
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by habdolleez: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
Abuja here I come... 08160860940
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
OreoPaschal:

This is confusing my guy... Please, which site are we to check on 19th of March? Do you have idea when the medical fitness is required?
You can check it in NYSC portal at portal.nysc.org.ng click on check senate list or it's equivalent. you'll be required to insert your school, matric number, date of birth. As for the medical fitness it's required during registration in camp. All the best bro, hope I've answered your question.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by OreoPaschal(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ummidearie51:
You can check it in NYSC portal at portal.nysc.org.ng click on check senate list or it's equivalent. you'll be required to insert your school, matric number, date of birth. As for the medical fitness it's required during registration in camp. All the best bro, hope I've answered your question.
Sure you have! Thanks, bro!
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ummidearie51:
The registration is totally free, although you have an option of paying 3,000 naira, so that you can print your call up letter online or going to your school to collect it the choice is yours.
thanks. i heard biometrics is inclusive during registration how true is that?

if i dont have a scanner machine it means i cant do the registration on my own, right?
Re: 2018 Corp Members Seeking To Serve In Abuja. Lets Meets Here by Ummidearie51: 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
dayo2me:
thanks. i heard biometrics is inclusive during registration how true is that?

if i dont have a scanner machine it means i cant do the registration on my own, right?
Yes biometric is involved in the registration and your biometric will be confirmed during camp registration. if you don't have finger print scanner, you can't do the registration. I will advise that you just go to cafe for the registration. it won't cost more than 500, it will be easier and faster since its what they do all the time. Best of luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Posted To Akwa Ibom For My Nysc: Need Some Answers Please. / A Typical Call Up Letter For Nysc Mobilization / Army Frown At The Viral Video Of A Corp Member Proposing To A Female Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.