Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job (1422 Views)

Dear Job Seeker, Here's How To Use Linkedin To Your Advantage / How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job In Nigeria / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by JARUSHUB: 1:22am On Mar 06, 2018
Audrey Robinson

Finding out that a recruiter visited your LinkedIn profile can be almost as exciting as seeing that you’re matched with the dreamiest person on a dating website. You’ve been working so hard to find the ideal opportunity, and you might have just observed that opportunity sliding into your grasp. Don’t go all in and cling to the recruiter like you’re a lost puppy trying to find a home – formulate a strategy that sets you up for success.

1. Return the Visit

Look at the recruiter who viewed your profile. It’s an acceptable, normal practice to return visits. You should be able to find some basic information on the recruiter’s profile that would give you an idea about who they might work for. You can’t always assume a recruiter’s intention with absolute accuracy, but you will walk away with a decent idea of what your best case scenario might be.

2. Find Some Chemistry

Look for the dots to connect. Does this recruiter work with a company who constantly launches new products and services? Are you in marketing? There’s where your connection might be. If you work in manufacturing colour cosmetics and the recruiter works for a national pizza chain, you’re probably not a good fit for each other.

3. Get Your Act Together

It’s not too late to update your profile if you feel you’re a bit overdue. Do you have relevant experience that might charm the socks off of that recruiter? Now is the time to make sure that the information your profile presents is clear and accurate. If you continue correspondence, the recruiter will likely look at your profile again. They’ll be able to find what they need. You might also want to update your resume while you’re at it.

4. Do a Little Research

Some recruiters just like to network. It makes their jobs easier in the future, even if they aren’t currently trying to source candidates. If you browse through job boards and see that one of the companies they work for seems to be hiring, that’s a good sign that you were being legitimately checked out. Even if you don’t find that the company is hiring, they might be about to do it soon, or they might be looking to fill a special position they aren’t advertising.

5. Develop a Personal Approach

You don’t want to figure out what you need to say halfway through a conversation. By perfecting your introduction, you’re making the best possible first impression. If you share a relevant experience with this recruiter, be sure to mention it. It might turn into a good starting point for a memorable conversation, and recruiters are people you definitely want to remember you.

6. Make That Connection

If you aren’t already connected to the recruiter, make that connection now. Here’s where you should use that personal approach you formulated – never rely on LinkedIn’s standard generic messages. Mention to the recruiter that you’re on the look out for great opportunities. Don’t aggressively beg for a job – just simply state your interest in productively networking.

7. Start Selling Your Skills
If you wind up developing a relationship with the recruiter, it’s time to start demonstrating your value. What can you provide for that recruiter? Do you know people in an industry they’re trying to reach? Can you play wing-man to help them in their other pursuits? Even if they don’t have a position for you at the moment, if you can do a few small favours for them, they’re going to remember you when they have the chance to do a favour for you.

Hopefully, this recruiter is the recruiter of your dreams. Take a few deep breaths, try not to feel too nervous, and use this strategy to get the ball rolling. Before you know it, you’ll be strategizing for your big interview.

http://www.jarushub.com/a-recruiter-visited-your-linkedin-profile-here-are-7-top-things-to-do-now/

cc: Lalasticlala & Mynd44

1 Like

Re: How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by Darkseid(m): 7:15am On Mar 06, 2018
Nice piece but I hate everything about social networking, it drains and wears me out. I have LinkedIn app on my phone but I doubt if I open it up to twice a month.
Re: How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by sunbbo(m): 7:52am On Mar 06, 2018
Good one.
Re: How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by weezii(m): 9:54am On Mar 06, 2018
LinkedIn, one really needs to get active there if you're yet to
Re: How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by Brymo: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2018
LinkedIn, I like it. I have learnt a lot there
Re: How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by Arkyval(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
LinkedIn is my new Facebook. Everyday I learn from reading articles and professional insights on various topics, get inspired by peoples story, and above all network.

Over my two years of been on LinkedIn, I have made connections with different professionals.

As a result, I was recently contacted by a Nigerian who lives in USA about the prospect of us partnering in opening a new company in Nigeria.

bulk of my professional friends have gotten jobs through LinkedIn , more are still testifying.

Linkedin has helped me develop my writing skills.

As a professional, entrepreneur, job seeker, you wouldn't go wrong when you use LinkedIn.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Linkedin To Get A Job by gidob(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
Front page pls

(1) (Reply)

At The ANAMMCO Training Centre In Enugu. #N-BUILD / Work For Us From Home / I Need Two Cryptocurrency Writers (1.5 Naira A Word)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.