Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home (16983 Views)

Get Your Cereals, Beverages, Milo, Cornflakes, Milk At Factory Prices (Pics) / How To Make Soybean Milk At Home With Simple And Easy Steps / How To Make Tiger Nut Milk At Home - Natural Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by buffalowings4: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
vinegurl:

Did you mean banana smoothie or milk?
Smh
Must dey explain everything
Novice

1 Like

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by Funmicoconuts(f): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
The benefits of coconut is endless. Coconut milk is not just for coconut rice darlings. It serves as a good replacement for diary milk in tea, coffee, baking, smoothies and lots more.

In addition to providing nutrients and its awesome taste, coconut milk contains beneficial fat called lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that's easily absorbed and used by the body for energy.
Coconuts fatty acids are primarily saturated fats, but don't think these will raise your cholesterol levels and cause heart damage. Instead, they are known to actually do the opposite — coconut milk can help you lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks or a stroke amidst so many other benefits.

Follow us on Instagram @funmicoconuts were we talk and sell everything coconuts kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
buffalowings4:

Smh
Must dey explain everything
Novice
Lol! Okay
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by redcurry(f): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
ades0la:
Yummy.. can't wait for my daughter to come of age so she can have a taste of this.

Meanwhile, she says: aunties and uncles of nairaland, please vote for me in the cusson's baby moments 5 competition.

https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=382727

Thank you kiss kiss
she's soooo cute.btw.her mum monica is my name sake.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by Princepioneer(m): 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
And this is the season of coconut.. Enjoy it while it last.. So yummmmilicious..
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by ades0la(f): 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
redcurry:
she's soooo cute.btw.her mum monica is my name sake.

Awwnn. Thanks sis. kiss

I hope you voted? wink
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by redcurry(f): 7:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
ades0la:

Awwnn. Thanks sis. kiss
I hope you voted? wink
yea.I can't resist her cuteness.I voted immediately.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by ades0la(f): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
redcurry:
yea.I can't resist her cuteness.I voted immediately.

Yaay... grin grin thanks..

Please encourage your friends to vote too if you can embarassed thank you
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
Funkybabee:

I can see ur loction,did u deal with catering and Can u help in making 'Indomie road side business'for instance if I want to venture on it and do it in advance country way..
Catering? no, I try out recipes on my own. Indomie road side business? Unfortunately no, I don't do that, sorry!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by Funkybabee(f): 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2018
vinegurl:

Catering? no, I try out recipes on my own. Indomie road side business? Unfortunately no, I don't do that, sorry!

Oh that's nice.. Though I thought u are into catering
Good night

1 Like

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2018
Funkybabee:

Oh that's nice.. Though I thought u are into catering
Good night
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by Joemetry(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtfVXuNv6k

Coconut milk has a very sweet taste especially if you extract the milk from matured fresh coconuts; it is packed with the sweet, floral and nutty flavor which is different from dairy product, it is slightly sweet and has a light creamy consistency. Apart from using coconut milk for cooking, you can also use it to condition your hair and to nourish your skin. If you are looking for a simple way to make coconut milk at home then
follow the simple steps bellow.

Steps on how to make coconut milk at home

1. Crack open coconut and drain out the liquid, use a knife to remove the coconut flesh form the pod.
2. Rinse the coconut flesh under running water if there is a need and cut into tiny cubes
3. Bring the coconut into a blender, add water and blend on the highest speed into a smooth paste for 1 minute.
4. If you don’t have a blender, break the coconut flesh into the size you can handle.
5. Use a grater to grate the coconut into a smooth paste and set aside.
6. Place the blended coconut in a bowl, add 1 cup of lukewarm water to it and mix with your hands. Pass the mixed coconut milk over a very
fine colander or cheese cloth to strain the milk. Use your hand to press out all the liquid from the strainer.
7. Return the coconut flesh to the bowl and add another cup of water to it and mix, then strain out the coconut milk.
8. Make use of the coconut milk immediately or store in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
9. Since there are no preservatives or fillers added to the milk, the fat in the coconut milk may separate on the top if stored in the fridge,
you can scoop the fat out and use for any coconut cream recipe. Always remember to shake the coconut milk before using.
Also watch this quick video to see how:

6. Place the blended coconut in a bowl, add 1 cup of lukewarm water to it and mix with your hands. Pass the mixed coconut milk over a very
fine colander or cheese cloth to strain the milk. Use your hand to press out all the liquid from the strainer.

Please what cup volume can one use?
This is very important.
1 litre of lukewarm water for the two processes or more?
Please enlightened me.

I want to learn how to prepare my own meals, I noticed it has more benefit to the health and also you can easily control everything about your nutritional life if you handle your cooking.

I'm currently 2/10 in cooking but ready to learn.
Can't quantify salt at all.........
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2018
Joemetry:

Please what cup volume can one use?
This is very important.
1 litre of lukewarm water for the two processes or more?
Please enlightened me.

I want to learn how to prepare my own meals, I noticed it has more benefit to the health and also you can easily control everything about your nutritional life if you handle your cooking.

I'm currently 2/10 in cooking but ready to learn.
Can't quantify salt at all.........

Sorry dear this is coming late.

For now I don't really have a standard cup for my measurement , most time i simply use my eye lol! but will sure get one soon.

A standard cup is about 250ml, I made use of this popular medium custard container which measures about 540ml of water. This doubles the standard measuring cup though. You know the coconut was quite much so I had to double the quantity of water to extract more milk. If it was just one piece of coconut I would used half of that same container.

For the salt challenge, it is best you add a pinch at a time and taste to check if you're OK , then add a little more to adjust to your very taste. You don't have add 1 whole teaspoon at a time especially if you are adding other spices like maggi.

Hope this was helpful.
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by Joemetry(m): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
vinegurl:

Sorry dear this is coming late.

For now I don't really have a standard cup for my measurement , most time i simply use my eye lol! but will sure get one soon.

A standard cup is about 250ml, I made use of this popular medium custard container which measures about 540ml of water. This doubles the standard measuring cup though. You know the coconut was quite much so I had to double the quantity of water to extract more milk. If it was just one piece of coconut I would used half of that same container.

For the salt challenge, it is best you add a pinch at a time and taste to check if you're OK , then add a little more to adjust to your very taste. You don't have add 1 whole teaspoon at a time especially if you are adding other spices like maggi.

Hope this was helpful.

Very helpful.

Used to think the capacity of that medium custard container is 1000ml.
So all I have to simply do is use half filled lukewarm water of it if I have few nuts right?
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Joemetry:

Very helpful.

Used to think the capacity of that medium custard container is 1000ml.
So all I have to simply do is use half filled lukewarm water of it if I have few nuts right?

Yes dear, especially if you want the milk to come out very creamy, but if you want to use the milk for coconut rice, you will have to add more water to extract as much as you want; at least 1 litre will do depending on the quantity of rice you are making.
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
UNIQUEISRAEL:
For some, to even get the coconut is the PROBLEM! undecided
I don't think its difficult to get coconut, the only issue is the cost, but it depends where you're located. Like where I am one medium coconut is #300 and its not funny at all.
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by Joemetry(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
vinegurl:

Yes dear, especially if you want the milk to come out very creamy, but if you want to use the milk for coconut rice, you will have to add more water to extract as much as you want; at least 1 litre will do depending on the quantity of rice you are making.

Very helpful, thanks...

More food related posts please....
Re: How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home by vinegurl(f): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Joemetry:

Very helpful, thanks...

More food related posts please....

You welcome darling.
Sure expect more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures / Fruit Cake Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.