Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them (38746 Views)

19 Things You Might Not Know Were Invented By Women / 25 Facts About Left Handed People You May Not Know. / 10 Rare Animal Crossbreeds(Hybrids) You May Not Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by mvem(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

Not sure, the one I saw was black. Although I think most black snakes are poisonous. Cobras aren't hard to tell, they have a hood like stuff by their heads if you see this best better get to safety as it's about to sting. There are black mambas too which I read is quite poisonous too.

Just get your vicinity treated, heard there is a plant that keeps snakes away. Plant it around your area, it's called Efinrin in Yoruba.
...black mambas are not found In Nigeria
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
mvem:
...black mambas are not found In Nigeria

Eastern Africa, just didn't want to rule out the possibility plus she was speaking of black snakes.

1 Like

Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by ifakorede03(m): 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
[b][/b] Owls are not witches they have traditional myths backing there existence
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by zedman1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
I called my girlfriend on the phone last two nights or so and heard her roommate praying and commanding a cat to die in the name of Jesus. She was dead serious in prayers and sadly my girlfriend is inclined towards the same believe - overly superstitious. She was strongly in support of her roomie. Two grown youth corpers misbehaving. Cats and owls don suffer for this part of our world. Good girl but that character.......
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by zedman1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
I called my girlfriend on the phone last two nights or so and heard her roommate praying and commanding a cat to die in the name of Jesus. She was dead serious in prayers and sadly my girlfriend is inclined towards the same believe - overly superstitious. She was strongly in support of her roomie. Two grown youth corpers misbehaving. Cats and owls don suffer for this part of our world. Good girl but that believe....
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by tinny898(m): 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Slaye:

Bros the original guy when sing the song ehn die for plane crash. After he sing am.

"Jim Reeves" one of my grand pa favourite music singer in the 70's
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Afritop(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
When this animals are protected we will not find reason to brand them witches but here where dealing with my enemies churches are springing up in an increasing rate, every animal that is not in an A list is a demon
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by ikorodureporta: 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
When my former neighbour returned frm d burial of her v.old mum in n/delta was d first day i saw an owl in Lagos. It was jst relaxing on d pawpaw tree that night, as if it followed them frm d village....

It is also worshipped by some occultists (worship of Molech), as depicted by this fake church below......

Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Emycord: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
zedman1:
The guy no lie, it's the same guy who sang "blizzard " ,in fact that one na about plane crash him sing sec. Jim Reeves -he was one of my dad's favorite.
HIS LAST WORKS WERE "MAKE THE EARTH GO AWAY"
"MISSING YOU"
"I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU"
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by LadyHal1(f): 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
naturally they r not ..but dey r easily possess by evil just like cats and if u watch medivian movies or read books u see DAT dey were used to sent messages.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by bezimo(m): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
I no just like that bird look.. looks evil..lol
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Emycord: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
tinny898:

"Jim Reeves" one of my grand pa favourite music singer in the 70's
YOUR 50 YOU DON OLD O
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by ifakorede03(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
LadyHal1:
naturally they r not ..but dey r easily possess by evil just like cats and if u watch medivian movies or read books u see DAT dey were used to sent messages.

Quite true
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Fabulousgal(f): 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
95% of the owls in Esan land of Edo state are possesed by evil forces. This isnt a joke. If one isnt filled with the spirit of God n u come frm the city, at nyt they come to ur window to monitor activities. Some will cry in d middle of d nyt, that is a death alert n signal..

1 Like

Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by zedman1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emycord:
HIS LAST WORKS WERE "MAKE THE GO AWAY"
"MISSING YOU"
"I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU"
Ok, no doubts but the guy said "after", and that does not necessarily translate to being his last work, that's why I mentioned blizzard abi lizard too . Anyway I no know wetin dey two both of una mind, whether after or last work, I'm not his advocate, all join, owl no be winch. Period.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by vuc1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
One Benue girl told me people eat it at your their place. Please what's the difference between owl and bat. Please nobody should tell me bat is Jagaban(Tinubu)No disrespect. lipsrsealed
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by zedman1(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2018
Fabulousgal:
95% of the owls in Esan land of Edo state are possesed by evil forces. This isnt a joke. If one isnt filled with the spirit of God n u come frm the city, at nyt they come to ur window to monitor activities. Some will cry in d middle of d nyt, that is a death alert n signal..
I have watched that movie too. The owl and the village town crier, right?...... Now tell me the one that happened in real life, the one you witnessed, not the dem say - dem say own o. Sister, No lie o.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by churchee: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
Let us think of this:
If Shekau the boko man uses me to fight Nigerian army and also kill Nigerian civilians, am I not a boko haram member automatically?
If witches use owls for their mission, doesn't that automatically make owls witches?

Owls are witches and wizards biko.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Emycord: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
zedman1:
Ok, no doubts but the guy said "after", and that does not necessarily translate to being his last work, that's why I mentioned blizzard abi lizard too . Anyway I no know wetin dey two both of una mind, whether after or last work, I'm not his advocate, all join, owl no be winch. Period.
CALM DOWN "I'VE NO PROBLEMS WITH HIS WORKS OR AFTER HIS LAST WORK" . I'VE HEARD MANY TIMES THAT HE DIED AFTER HE DID THAT SONG MAKING IT SOUND AS IF HE WAS KILLED BY THE SONG OR HE KNEW HE WOULD DIE SO HE SANG THE SONG. THATS WHY I CHECK AND SAW THAT WAS NOT HIS LAST SONG
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by keypha1: 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
Owl that use to call somebody name at midnight. I have witness it. We came out and all of them fly away.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Tannty(m): 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
D heading says it all:-
Do you know that a group of Owls is called a Parliament?
Y wud only a group of Owls b called PARLIAMENT in d whole bird family? If dey r not Parliament of witches debating who z blood 2 suck....
&dey can turn dere head 360° = watching ur life from all angles.... Haba na witch dem b.... Ask Harry Potter
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by BABANGBALI: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nigerian owls are witches
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by ozueozue(m): 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
Wow so dat my witchy witchy neighbor wey de shine witch eye for afternoon is not a nocturnal Owl.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by zedman1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emycord:
CALM DOWN "I'VE NO PROBLEMS WITH HIS WORKS OR AFTER HIS LAST WORK" . I'VE HEARD MANY TIMES THAT HE DIED AFTER HE DID THAT SONG MAKING IT SOUND AS IF HE WAS KILLED BY THE SONG OR HE KNEW HE WOULD DIE SO HE SANG THE SONG. THATS WHY I CHECK AND SAW THAT WAS NOT HIS LAST SONG
Ok, I'm not charged. Dude sang numerous 'sad' songs, he died, I know but people believed he was killed by that song? That song de learn work....hehe, I too believed as a child he was actually on the plane when it crashed in that blizzard song - I was a child. Back to the owl matter.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by KingGBsky(m): 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
You cannot change my mum's mind on this. I give up.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by KingGBsky(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

"OWLS ARE WITCHES"

SAYS THE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE GOD CREATED ALL ANIMALS! undecided

No you are the one that created the animals. Infact you created yourself.. Craze
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by DEDICATED29(m): 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=Iseoluwani post=65606575]

CAPSLOCKED read this and use

Your head[/quote
Why the insults he said his mind which apparently I believe has elements of truth.
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Alariiwo: 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Owls are spiritual animals (they can be used by evil beings to survey and perpetrate evil) just like spider, scorpion and d likes..

Owls are for wizards while witches use birds..

Yorubas call it owiwi
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
I had an encounter with two owls some years ago. I decided to wash a top I was to wear. Then at round 12:50am,I decided to quickly go downstairs to wash it by the well. Then I asked a boy to go with me so I won't be the only one. When we got downstairs the boy helped fetch water while I washed then when it was time to rinse,he was fetching another when two big owls arrived. They both stool directly opposite us in a position that we could view them well..to be cont
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by Shayooluwah(m): 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
69MissedCalls:
You know Africans na. everything na spiritual. Keep this as a pet and everybody go dey suspect respect u
Re: Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them by mohisd(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
I have 10 of this owls if u wana buy!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's 1st Digital Tombstone That Display The Deceased Videos, Photos / Russian Billionaire Plans To immortalize Humans By 2045 / See The Baby Owl We Caught While Playing On The School Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.