Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport (17224 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 1:35am On Apr 29, 2010
adconline:

All those speaking against the airport are doing so based on a very illiterate understanding on the concept of PPPs.
This project is a public private partnership. In most cases, the money used for the project would be sourced form the private sector.
The concessionaire would have to make returns on his investment for crying out loud!

Mr Teacher Sir,
What would be public involvement in this project? Why is it a partnership if the public is not going to cough up some dough? Are you saying that this is 100% private sector project? Are you going to include Land, govt largesse and concessions that will follow? Why cant PPP build house or power stations? Don’t you think that capital for housing is less, but with higher returns than building an airport? All PPP can build roads and charge toll fees.
The point is that the elite want to build a gigantic airport to congratulate themselves that we have arrived, so that we can now dine and wine with the Queen, but fact still remains that most Lagosians do not have basic amenities of life. Do know how much he would make if he built roads and installed toll ways, provided water and waste management since most people use these on daily basis? In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, where does airport fit in?  

I thought he said "In most cases" In most and in all have 2 different interpretations.

What's wrong with the Government giving ups something to benefit the same public.

Btw, so if I be one of the lucky hundreds of people wey go dey collect paychecks from the elite airport, my landlord go reject my rent money because na elite airport I get am from.

Abi mama put do refuse to sell me rice because na for elite airport I dey work. The elite thing is really comical I swear.

I know ignorance and illiteracy is real, but why force it to the surface by any means necessary?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 1:38am On Apr 29, 2010
Oboma1:

Many will think I am crazy here, but the airport issue is just a mere ego boosting venture to the state. It is all about beaf between the state and Federal government.

This is another comical post.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by adconline(m): 1:47am On Apr 29, 2010
I thought he said "In most cases" In most and in all have 2 different interpretations.

What's wrong with the Government giving ups something to benefit the same public.

Btw, so if I be one of the lucky hundreds of people wey go dey collect paychecks from the elite airport, my landlord go reject my rent money because na elite airport I get am from.

Abi mama put do refuse to sell me rice because na for elite airport I dey work. The elite thing is really comical I swear.

I know ignorance and illiteracy is real, but why force it to the surface by any means necessary?

U didn’t answer any of my questions? To break it down, do you go shopping for a Jacuzzi when there is no running water in the house?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Apr 29, 2010
Mr Teacher Sir,
What would be public involvement in this project? Why is it a partnership if the public is not going to cough up some dough? Are you saying that this is 100% private sector project? Are you going to include Land, govt largesse and concessions that will follow? Why cant PPP build house or power stations? Don’t you think that capital for housing is less, but with higher returns than building an airport? All PPP can build roads and charge toll fees.
The point is that the elite want to build a gigantic airport to congratulate themselves that we have arrived, so that we can now dine and wine with the Queen, but fact still remains that most Lagosians do not have basic amenities of life. Do know how much he would make if he built roads and installed toll ways, provided water and waste management since most people use these on daily basis? In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, where does airport fit in?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On Apr 29, 2010
PapaBrowne (m)
Planet Earth

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport
« #70 on: Today at 12:15:41 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is something I always talk about: Pro Poor VS Anti- Poverty.
I realised that many of us Nigerians Pro-poor instead of being Anti- poverty. Being Pro- poor means that you rather feed, clothe and house poor people while being Anti poverty means you would rather take poor people out of poverty.
Fashola is an Anti poverty Governor. His projects might look elitist, but that is the only direction to go if you must create jobs.

The Lekki free trade zone would attract lots of investors and as a consequence create loads of jobs for those poor people in the mainland and as they earn better salaries they would be lifted out of poverty.

To be able to attract investors, you must create a business friendly environment. The Lekki Airport would be the biggest relief for the business class. Lets remember that the business class are the engine of the economy as they are the direct tool through which jobs are created. Without the business class we would have no jobs.

So, my people, rethink your Pro-poor stance and embrace an Anti-poverty mentality!

Is Lekki the only area of all of Lagos State that needs investors? What about places like Ikorodu and surrounding Local Government areas? We have millions of people in these areas who would love if it the government would focus, even half of the attention it does to the Lekki/VI/Ikoyi area. At least to help bring some of that money our way. I don't believe it is not anti poverty, according to your language there, to want that some of that money to be spread around other parts of Lagos, or do you? Thousands of businesses have had to lay off so many in my area alone. We, on the other end, want investors to come in and invest in our local governments, so when is the government going to start investing in us, whether through PPP or not?

As for the transportation issue, if people didn't need to commute to VI/Ikoyi/Lekki everyday and back, the congestion issue would be half solved. The reason they are forced to, in most cases, is because that area remains center of commerces in most of Lagos. If development were evenly spread, most of the traffic headaches would disappear.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 2:18am On Apr 29, 2010
I dont want to believe there are no more lands in Lagos. Have they been to Ikorodu and Epe? It is just that, the rich are just trying to enlarge the gap between them and the poor. If indeed the government knows what they are doing, they should evenly distribute these infrastructure, except for some, that needs to be sighted in some strategic areas. My major concern here now is, why concentrate all these in just Victoria Island/Ikoyi/and Lekki?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 2:46am On Apr 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Is Lekki the only area of all of Lagos State that needs investors? What about places like Ikorodu and surrounding Local Government areas? We have millions of people in these areas who would love if it the government would focus, even half of the attention it does to the Lekki/VI/Ikoyi area. At least to help bring some of that money our way. I don't believe it is not anti poverty, according to your language there, to want that some of that money to be spread around other parts of Lagos, or do you? Thousands of businesses have had to lay off so many in my area alone.

I don't know why people pay you any freeking attention.

You open your freeking mouth with zero clue per what's coming out of it.

Ikorodu and the so called surrounding areas are are the fastest developing areas in Lagos state. Ikorodu itself is a bonafide industrial area. Tons of factories, fisheries, Energy and oil are located in Ikorodu.

Falcon Petroleum petroleum just laid industrial gas pipeline from lagos proper to Gas City Gate at Odogunyan in Ikorodu to service the industries in the area.

Dangote is in Ikorodu, United Nigeria Textiles Limited is in Ikorodu. Ikorodu GRA I, II is there and III is in the works.

A major jetty is under construction in Ikorodu.

Just last February, Fashola, commissioned 5 major projects in Ikorodu in one single day. From 265 housing units to  Maternal and Child Care Centre, Water Works, Driver's institute and a Shopping Complex.

Even NEGRIS is constructing a 100MW electricity project in Ikorodu to service the industrial estate.

I know Ignorance is a disease, try curb it sometimes.

Hate shouldn't prevent you from doing a lil bit of research before overtaking your brains.

If you know nothing about Lagos, keep quiet and stick to your hate.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 3:07am On Apr 29, 2010
selingel:

I dont want to believe there are no more lands in Lagos. Have they been to Ikorodu and Epe? It is just that, the rich are just trying to enlarge the gap between them and the poor. If indeed the government knows what they are doing, they should evenly distribute these infrastructure, except for some, that needs to be sighted in some strategic areas. My major concern here now is, why concentrate all these in just Victoria Island/Ikoyi/and Lekki?

Every inch of Lagos has a master plan.

To develop any area, you have to create access like roads, freeways and bridges. Lagos Badagry express is opening up access to all the towns and villages along the West Africa trade routes.

The $1.5 billion Lagos Energy city in Badagry was designed take some pressure off  Victoria Island/Ikoyi/and Lekki. Lagos Energy City is positioned to be the first integrated energy hub catering to the needs of all major conglomerates in West Africa with facilities ranging from Convention and Exhibition Centre to two Five-Star Hotels, a Boutique Hotel, Luxury Ocean-view villas, schools, sports complex, mega malls and medical facilities.

Lekki - Epe express was designed not to only ease traffic, but to open up major farming and light industrial activities in Epe. Epe is fast boomong because of these activities.

Listening to hateful and clueless folks on NL is not always the best thing to do when seeking crucial info about Lagos state.

I'm a Lagosian and it's my civic obligation to know what's going on in and around my state,  unlike some folks here who don't even know the name of the EZE in their village.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 3:24am On Apr 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[b]Is Lekki the only area of all of Lagos State that needs investors? [/b]What about places like Ikorodu and surrounding Local Government areas? We have millions of people in these areas who would love if it the government would focus, even half of the attention it does to the Lekki/VI/Ikoyi area. At least to help bring some of that money our way. I don't believe it is not anti poverty, according to your language there, to want that some of that money to be spread around other parts of Lagos, or do you? Thousands of businesses have had to lay off so many in my area alone. We, on the other end, want investors to come in and invest in our local governments, so when is the government going to start investing in us, whether through PPP or not?

As for the transportation issue, if people didn't need to commute to VI/Ikoyi/Lekki everyday and back, the congestion issue would be half solved. The reason they are forced to, in most cases, is because that area remains center of commerces in most of Lagos. If development were evenly spread, most of the traffic headaches would disappear.

Let me use the New York example to counter your argument!

Why is Manhattan by far the most developed borough in New York? Why doesn't Brooklyn or Queens or Long Island have as much concentration of investments as Manhattan. Why are all the skyscrapers located in Manhattan?
The reason is simple. The developers of the city of New York realized the need to concentrate development in a certain area so as to make the city a magnet for all forms of investments. Today all parts of New York are beneficiaries of the success of Manhattan. Without Manhattan, New York would not exist today as a major international player.

What Fashola is trying to achieve with Lekki to the benefit of Lagos is exactly what Manhattan did for New York.

Ikorodu is not Lekki. The kinds of investments Lekki would attract is totally different from the types Ikorodu would attract. As Babapupa said, everything is in a plan. Interestingly, when the fourth mainland bridge is built, Ikorodu would be the biggest beneficairy as the bridge would link Ikorodu directly with the new Lekki axis.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by trueword: 3:46am On Apr 29, 2010
It seems that some people here do not know that the Lekki International Airport project is part of the Lekki Free Trade zone project. Part of the deal to investors was that there would be a world class airport in the area.  If you haven't seen the video for Lekki Free trade zone go and take a look at it. It's a whole new city.

With this new airport will mostly likely come more hotels, shopping malls, etc that will employ Nigerians. So there are job opportunities that come with a project of this size. One of the important things about placing an airport in Lekki is tourism. One of the best ways to generate money is through tourism and the first and last impression that visitors get of a country tends to be the airport. So if Lagos has a world class airport, it does a lot for image.

I'm sure there are other places where that N73 billion naira can be spent, but Lagos just raised over N50 billion on the bond market that they say they will use to construct schools, hospitals, and other social amenities.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZ471l4N8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 3:53am On Apr 29, 2010
trueword:

It seems that some people here do not know that the Lekki International Airport project is part of the Lekki Free Trade zone project. Part of the deal to investors was that there would be a world class airport in the area.  If you haven't seen the video for Lekki Free trade zone go and take a look at it. It's a whole new city.

With this new airport will mostly likely come more hotels, shopping malls, etc that will employ Nigerians. So there are job opportunities that come with a project of this size. One of the important things about placing an airport in Lekki is tourism. One of the best ways to generate money is through tourism and the first and last impression that visitors get of a country tends to be the airport. So if Lagos has a world class airport, it does a lot for image.

I'm sure there are other places where that N73 billion naira can be spent, but Lagos just raised over N50 billion on the bond market that they say they will use to construct schools, hospitals, and other social amenities.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZ471l4N8Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Thanks for the excellent video,
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by DrKitaun(m): 3:57am On Apr 29, 2010
Twerps and ignoramuses like Kobojunkie keep yapping tosh yet BRF IS MAKING U ALL HATERS LOOK MORE DUMBFOUNDED THE MORE!!!

Na una papa ojuyobo make u go ask how tables don turn against am . . .yeye fifu!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Apr 29, 2010
Let me use the New York example to counter your argument!

Why is Manhattan by far the most developed borough in New York? Why doesn't Brooklyn or Queens or Long Island have as much concentration of investments as Manhattan. Why are all the skyscrapers located in Manhattan?
The reason is simple. The developers of the city of New York realized the need to concentrate development in a certain area so as to make the city a magnet for all forms of investments. Today all parts of New York are beneficiaries of the success of Manhattan. Without Manhattan, New York would not exist today as a major international player.

New York State Population - - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York

New York City Population - --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York_City

Development of Manhattan started at a time when the area was the most densely populated in the state. Lagos Lekki/VI/IKoyi, to this day, does not hold even 1/100th of the state's population.

The construction of the highrise was not handled by the state government;NewYork city mayors were mostly in charge of the development of the city. Lagos's Lekki/VI/Ikoyi development is mostly being overseen by the State Government.

With the influx of immigrants in the 1860's -1920's,many wanting a taste of the NY city/the new world, places like Brooklyn and Queens were forced to become giant housing projects/GRA's to house and provide affordable housing and accomodation for those in and around the NY area, who could not find space in the downtown areas. Lekki/VI/Ikoyi does not house even 5% of the states population. These places remain sparsely populated, and seem occupied by the exhorbitantly rich in society who remain the very minority.

What Fashola is trying to achieve with Lekki to the benefit of Lagos is exactly what Manhattan did for New York.

No. What he is doing is not what was done in the case of Manhattan so I see no way it can be compared to what we have with Manhattan. About half of New York State's Population live in New York City, where we have less than 5% ( and I am being generous here) of Lagos State's population living in Lekki/VI/Ikoyi areas. Like I have said so many times before, I don't know what he is doing, but I definitely hope it works because this is the states time and money being invested into all this. So, I will wait to see how this will all trickle down to the majority who happen to remain in desperate need of intervention of some kind.

Ikorodu is not Lekki. The kinds of investments Lekki would attract is totally different from the types Ikorodu would attract. As Babapupa said, everything is in a plan. Interestingly, when the fourth mainland bridge is built, Ikorodu would be the biggest beneficairy as the bridge would link Ikorodu directly with the new Lekki axis.

I am sure Oba Ayangbure would be pissed if anyone wanted to make Ikorodu exactly like Lekki. In the last couple of years, we have lost so many of our factories, and I hear PZ/Thermocool might be moving soon. Someone said it better on another thread . .  once you drive past the zik building at ikeja, it is almost as if you are no longer in Lagos. Driving some of that investment towards ikorodu, will not only benefit the LGA but surrounding LGA's and essentially spread some of that development to the poor at the same time feeding the elite in the VI areas.

Plans, Plans, Plans!!! They have always existed, and I know the man is trying, but we would still like to see more 2010-like projects thrown our way; we would like to have some Billion-Billion projects our way. Connecting Ikorodu to Lekki will work to an extent but overrall, I fail to see how that will work to really alleviate the problems faced due to lack of major development in many areas. I am reminded of how the third mainland bridge was supposed to change things even for those in Makoko. Almost 2 decades later, that is yet to be seen.

I welcome the bridge and the Lekki free trade zone( even as I remember Tinapa), and every other development on the Island since I intend to get a place there as it seems the best place to situate a business if you really want to have access, and I am sure I will gain from it but how much of a gain will there be from these for other areas in Lagos, areas inhabited by the Majority of the people? I am talking areas that have seen next to no investment in so so long except the usual small hospital center to replace the old one that is no more functional, newer school structures to replace the older delapidated structures, newer roads to replace older roads, One new company to sit in the place of two older companies that pulled out of their area after realizing that infrastructural cost were too much to bear. Note that if that was all that was taking place in Manhattan all that time, it would not be where it is today.

Anti-poverty projects make even more sense in areas where there is greater reach. I don't believe one is merely pro-poor wanting some more developmental projects going the way of other LGAs in the same state. Let's get away from labelling that which we ACCEPT as being anti-poverty without really considering how ANTI-POVERTY it really is.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 4:37am On Apr 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I will wait to see

Why don't you just do that instead of recycling the same ignorant, meaningless and pointless nonsense.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by oyinda3(f): 5:28am On Apr 29, 2010
grin grin
babapupa, sky blue, trueword, papabrowne, wow what enlightening posts!! really learned a lot actually

kobojunkie,adcoline and knowall ( lol) i really don't understand why you guys are so against the airport project. tongue like someone already said, the airport is part of the lekki free trade zone agreement. why not let those who know best decide what to do? fashola has been doing a good job so far so i think there is good reason to trust his ideas.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Omolulu(m): 5:34am On Apr 29, 2010
Another Tinapa in the making, to cut the long story such, simply divert funds for the free trade zone into mainstream social amenities and allow the process of economic growth take it's cross

@ Kobojunkie, carry on, i dey always feel your points
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 5:59am On Apr 29, 2010
Omolulu:

Another Tinapa in the making, to cut the long story such, simply divert funds for the free trade zone into mainstream social amenities and allow the process of economic growth take it's cross

@ Kobojunkie, carry on, i dey always feel your points

Ode, to take it's cross ko, to take it's agbelebu ni.

What's Government funded Tinapa got to do with Privately funded LFT? You mind telling us how much the Lagos sate government budgeted to spend on LFT and how much they've spent so far since you open mouth to spew ignorance.

Is it really by force for you guys to display lack of intellectual curiosity and  basic reading and comprehension skills? Abi ignorance and idiocy is  the new cool?

lol @ olodo applauding another olodo.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by adconline(m): 6:14am On Apr 29, 2010
kobojunkie,adcoline and knowall ( lol) i really don't understand why you guys are so against the airport project. like someone already said, the airport is part of the lekki free trade zone agreement. why not let those who know best decide what to do? fashola has been doing a good job so far so i think there is good reason to trust his ideas.

Could you answer my questions please? On a scale of 1 to 10 where does a new airport rank amongst the needs of Lagosians? Do you go shopping for a jacuzzi when u ve got no running water. Show me facts not emotions?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 6:22am On Apr 29, 2010
adconline:

kobojunkie,adcoline and knowall ( lol) i really don't understand why you guys are so against the airport project.   like someone already said, the airport is part of the lekki free trade zone agreement. why not let those who know best decide what to do? fashola has been doing a good job so far so i think there is good reason to trust his ideas.

Could you answer my questions please?  On a scale of 1 to 10 where does a new airport rank amongst the needs of Lagosians? Do you go shopping for a jacuzzi when u ve got no running water. Show me facts not emotions?

Don't you at  least first have to convince us with the master plan that the airport is strictly  for the average  Lagosians and not for the LFT/Not a requirement by the people funding the LFT to have a dedicated airport for cargo and other business activities.

Do that first before asking ignorant questions.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by oyinda3(f): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2010
adconline:

Could you answer my questions please?  On a scale of 1 to 10 where does a new airport rank amongst the needs of Lagosians? Do you go shopping for a jacuzzi when u ve got no running water. Show me facts not emotions?

do you believe that the lekki FTZ project is beneficial to lagosians? if yes, the airport is part of the FTZ deal so pls let fashola complete the project in peace abeg.
and i dunno what u mean by shopping for jacuzzi without running water. do u mean that there is no demand for an airport? as far asi'm concerned the existing airport is already congested so there is need to build a new one. so yea in this sense, there is running water and jacuzzi needs to be built.

also i'm sure fashola has plans for lagos slums too. u will see the works soon i promise  cool. just that it requires great planning. u don't want 50 schools to be built that will end up in disrepair 5 yrs later. so it's not that simple to transform a slum and i'm sure fashola is working on it. he has done brt, started rail project, building bridges, training centers etc but you seem to be blind to that.

besides, if u have your own private billions, go and build boreholes for the poor people in ajegunle abi  grin. the smart ppl on here already said the airport is mostly privately funded.
so pls with your big private fund, call fashola and sign contract with him to start working for the "needs of lagosians".  tongue i'm sure he will gratefully oblige!! lagos is welcome to all forms of support for positive transformation
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by geosegun(m): 7:29am On Apr 29, 2010
Gov. Fashola no doubt has proved to be a reasonable leader. but the 40 Billion naira airport project should be channelled into modern train project that will take care of the 14 million middle and lower class we have in the state instead of embarken on project that will only saify the few haves(about A million). thes people can afford to go the the MMA for now. Le the PPP takes care of its own people first i asured the PPP that foriegners will rush down here for bussinesses and tourism when they see a new Lagos. Remember people will respect you wen you respect yourself. PLSSSS EMBARK OF MASSES ORIENTED PROJECTT AND NOT FRIVOLOUS AND RESOURCE GULPING PROJECT SUCH AS NEW AIRPORT. AT LEAST FOR NOW. I hope Fashola if not PPP is listening.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by trueword: 7:35am On Apr 29, 2010
geosegun:

Gov. Fashola no doubt has proved to be a reasonable leader. but the 40 Billion naira airport project should be channelled into modern train project that will take care of the 14 million middle and lower class we have in the state instead of embarken on project that will only saify the few haves(about A million). thes people can afford to go the the MMA for now. Le the PPP takes care of its own people first i asured the PPP that foriegners will rush down here for bussinesses and tourism when they see a new Lagos. Remember people will respect you wen you respect yourself. PLSSSS EMBARK OF MASSES ORIENTED PROJECTT AND NOT FRIVOLOUS AND RESOURCE GULPING PROJECT SUCH AS NEW AIRPORT. AT LEAST FOR NOW. I hope Fashola if not PPP is listening.

Don't you know that construction has commenced on the Lagos railway system? And is estimated to employ at least 4000 nigerians during construction phase. It will include High speed rail, long travel rail, and monorail. It will have blue line, red line, etc.  And guess what? One of the lines (the green line) will take you directly  to Lekki International Airport. So the plan for the rail system already incorporates the Lekki Airport. The railway goes into the mainland areas, so it's not just something for VI, Ikoyi, other high class areas.

I think it would be good if people better educated themselves about what Fashola administration is doing so that they don't come here and tell him to embark on something that is already in progress. Because some people here have been telling Fashola to do somethings he is already doing.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by montelik(m): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2010
Personally I am bit skeptical of this new free-trade-zone business. There so many proposed zones not just all over Africa, but even in Nigeria that I wonder just how profitable they will be in the long run. Ogun, Anambra to name a few states are all proposing them. Not to mention that TINAPA in Cross Rivers has yet to deliver the benefits that were promised. I hope and pray that it works for the benefit of Lagosians but I can't hide my concerns. I recall when MMA2 (new domestic terminal) was being built in Lagos recently all sorts of promises were made regarding the effect it would have and yet its investors are complaining of a lack of sufficient returns ever since.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2010
New airport in Lagos, to be or not to be? Time will tell.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by olafolarin(m): 9:35am On Apr 29, 2010
The Lekki Inter'l Airport is part of the proposed LFTZ.And since it is to be wholly funded by Private investors,it is a welcomed development.We all know the burden on MMIA and its never-ending headache.
Besides,The new Airport will jump-start the development of the free trade zone and that will send a positive message to the would-be investors.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2010
[size=14pt]The fact is Babapupa is just yarning dust, he has not answered my simple question, if the State Government owns MMA today or reach some kind of progressive agreement with the federal authorities about infrastructural improvement in that facility would  Lagos State be in a hurry  to build a needless, ego centric, white elephant project like the Lekki Airport. The answer is capital NO.

Clearly what Fashola is lacking in his administration is the diplomatic tact, on how to approach the Federal Government on issues that would affect the city. The first thing any prospective Governor should do in Lagos State on resuming office is to have a special adviser to the Governor on Federal matters, this official would liaise with the Presidency, the National Assembly and Federal Ministers on developmental issues.

Lagos State is not just any state, it was once the Federal Capital and a need for the State Government and the Federal Authorities talking or communicating on a constant basis is very imperative and important it should be an everyday thing an ongoing process, otherwise either parties would not make any progress.

So if the FG decrees that the LASG should not use any of her motorways in Lagos, Lagos State government in a show of senseless bravado and brinkmanship would go and build an alternative 3rd mainland Bridge or an alternative Ikorudu Road what a weird way of thinking.

Why re-invent the wheel when there is already a wheel that needs twitching.

Ironically the same Fashola who doesn’t want to have anything to do with the Feds is the one supporting the logistical improvements The Nigerian Police Force has been showered with in recent months,  why did he not go and establish a Lagos State Police Command in show of unwarranted bravado.  undecided[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by labiyemmy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
Why are you guys crying over split milk? The bridge is under completion already.

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by DisGuy: 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
[size=14pt]
This is so good for Lag. The Lekki airport is the best thing that would happen to Lagos.
At least, with the airport in Lekki, when foreigners land Lagos, they wouldn't have to see all the mess that is on the mainland.It would be strictly Lekki, VI, Ikoyi.
[/size]

yUP

the governor will soon build a wall around lekki, V.I and Lekki, anybody that wasnt to come should pay to visit grin

this is very good for lagosians lekkisians

lekki o ni baje oo
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Mr Knowall
Obviously you are out of touch with the geo-politics that plays out in Nigeria. FYI, every state that seeks progress now knows to run as far away as possible from dealings with the FG. TINAPA was killed by the FG. The power problems we face today are a result of the FG's insistence on maintaining a strangle hold on the sector.

Fashola would be foolish if he follows your advice. I like the part where you spoke about urban sprawl and I support that point, but you killed it with all your other postings.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by labiyemmy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2010
People dont seem to understand what PPP is all about?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2010
Dis Guy:

[size=14pt][/size]

yUP

the governor will soon build a wall around lekki, V.I and Lekki, anybody that wasnt to come should pay to visit grin

this is very good for lagosians lekkisians

lekki o ni baje oo
cheesy cheesy Yes, non-lekkisians would even have to apply for a visa to get into Lekki. grin
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Moves: 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2010
Another Elitist Project, We have 2 Airports in lagos already, dont see the need for another presently, If all other infrastuctures are working; road gridlocked cleared and trains connecting places as proposed atleast one of the train is supposed to connect MMA with marina, the more people using the trains means roads will become less congested , fashola should concentrate on that rather than building another airport, PPP involves counterpart funding which may not neccesarily be in monetary terms, The Land can be preserved or earmarked for the Airport; In future should that Axis develop or expand as people are saying about the Lekki Free Trade Zone; then we can then build atleast business activity in the LFTZ would have genearted enough funds to aid with the building, in the list of priorities facing majority of lagosians building an airport in lekki is not tops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

With These Your Business And Career Will Take A Giant Leap! / Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma Released On Bail / Dangote To Invest $12 Billion In Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.