Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (13000 Views)

When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 7:11am On Mar 09, 2018
godisgood200:

Don't worry ehn, He is powerless.
That we cab agree on tongue

Ask him to screen grap his discussion over there and post it here lets see why his folks are avoiding him.

So you assumed, without evidence, that he must've insulted your imaginary Jesus and when challenged you're now asking for evidence? shouldn't it be that you get the evidence first and the conclusion afterwards in cases like this? that's common sense lol tongue

But your father is imaginary to me. Prove to me your exists.
To what end

As far as am concerned he is imaginary. In fact, it is not human but a thing. I useless nonentity who is worth nothing.
I agree with you tongue you're mistaken if you think all these would get some reaction from me, I've heard worse wink
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by kullozone(m): 8:18am On Mar 09, 2018
godisgood200:

Ah, this Oga na wao? You just dey wriggle around. Answer the question already. E no hard.

The Master says, ' Love your enemies, He did. But does love your enemies means keep their company?

And, i thought you knew scriptures, how did you not know He was called a Beelzebub?

So what does "love your enemies" mean naw?

To ignore their greeting, stop patronizing them, looking at them like aliens and gossiping about them, right?

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
kullozone:

So what does "love your enemies" mean naw?

To ignore their greeting, stop patronizing them, looking at them like aliens and gossiping about them, right?
Hahahahahahahaha. It means if they need anything from you or you see they have a need, give it to them regarless of what they are. But don't keep their company for their leaven can rub on you and pollut you.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by budaatum: 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
godisgood200:

Hahahahahahahaha. It means if they need anything from you or you see they have a need, give it to them regarless of what they are. But don't keep their company for their leaven can rub on you and pollut you.
Sounds like one must be very weak and fearful if one has to avoid you least your leaven rub off and pollute one. That would indeed be the case if ones leaven were built on the sort of foundation the winds and the rains could wash away.

With a solid foundation, you could go into their homes, say a joyful "Good morning", keep their company and actually ask them what help you may offer them today, instead of waiting for them to come begging.

Theirs all sorts, I guess.

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
CuteMadridista:

That we cab agree on tongue

So you assumed, without evidence, that he must've insulted your imaginary Jesus and when challenged you're now asking for evidence? shouldn't it be that you get the evidence first and the conclusion afterwards in cases like this? that's common sense lol tongue

To what end

I agree with you tongue you're mistaken if you think all these would get some reaction from me, I've heard worse wink
Maybe you she go back and read. I asked what he said to make his friends shun him. And maybe your common sense (If you have any) shd tell you that for his friends who had been his friends before this episode will shun him, he must insulted their God, but since you don't mind people calling your father a worthless peraon, you won't see it as anything.

Well, that's you. Some of us takes it seriously and will avoid your company to keep from encounters.

Besides, a man who can insult God can kill another human without a thought. I will not think twice to avoid your moniker even in here. You are dangerous.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
budaatum:

Sounds like one must be very weak and fearful if one has to avoid you least your leaven rub off and pollute one. That would indeed be the case if ones leaven were built on the sort of foundation the winds and the rains could wash away.

With a solid foundation, you could go into their homes, say a joyful "Good morning", keep their company and actually ask them what help you may offer them today, instead of waiting for them to come begging.

Theirs all sorts, I guess.

Just like you saw Jesus going into people's homes and asking them how he could be of help to them abi?

We will do as we are taught, not as the world thinks we shd do. Everyone who needed Jesus asked for His help. People came out to Him not the other way round.

Till today, you need anything from Him? You come and ask.

Nothing you'll say will invalidate this scripture...
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm:1:1

The Lord says 'Come out from amongst them', You are saying 'Go in unto them'. That sounds opposite to me, and opposites has been satans language.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
godisgood200:

Maybe you she go back and read. I asked what he said to make his friends shun him. And maybe your common sense (If you have any) shd tell you that for his friends who had been his friends before this episode will shun him, he must insulted their God
Actually, you didn't "ask", you concluded he insulted your imaginary friend. Big Difference! and when I asked you why you made that conclusion you said he should post the screenshots
what you just did is make a conclusion based on assumption and then turn around to ask for evidence. only someone with failure in logical thinking could've committed such a bizarre and embarrassing gaffe

Also OP never called the WhatsApp members his "Friends", that's another assumption on your part, I belong to several WhatsApp groups and I can say that in a group of hundreds, I can only call 2-3 members my "Friends", most would be strangers and many would be people I know but can't categorise as "Friends"

Its obvious who lacks common sense here wink

but since you don't mind people calling your father a worthless peraon, you won't see it as anything.
Actually I do but I don't care if my father is called that on a faceless forum by people who don't know him nor me and when the intention is to get under my skin. THIS is called maturity, something you (apparently) lack wink

Now if I claim my dad is everywhere, all powerful and all knowing as you claim your imaginary friend is, then I don't need to get angry or react in a particular way when some people insult him as my dad would've done the reaction himself if he wanted but it seems your all powerful god that's everywhere and knows all relies on you to react on his behalf. something doesn't tally

Well, that's you. Some of us takes it seriously and will avoid your company to keep from encounters.
If your god is as powerful as you claim it is, then you shouldn't be reacting that way. only a god that resides in your head would make you feel an insult to it is an insult to you

Besides, a man who can insult God can kill another human without a thought. I will not think twice to avoid your moniker even in here. You are dangerous.
Lmao! "a man who can insult your imaginary friend can kill another human without a thought" grin

Tell us exactly how you feel wink

Edit: I think it would be a honour for someone that makes conclusions based on assumptions and adds words to force a conclusion to avoid my monicker. I'm one of the dumbest Nairalanders and I actually feel insecure when I meet people dumber than me grin

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by budaatum: 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
godisgood200:

Just like you saw Jesus going into people's homes and asking them how he could be of help to them abi?
No, not quite. But as God supposedly so loved the world that he didn't wait for you all to go begging but allegedly sent him from heaven in the first place.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
budaatum:

No, not quite. But as God supposedly so loved the world that he didn't wait for you all to go begging but allegedly sent him from heaven in the first place.
Yet He didn't impose Himself on anyone, so that no one will àccuse Him of being taken against his Will, He placed an invitation. 'Come unto me all ye who labour and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest'.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Actually, you didn't "ask", you concluded he insulted your imaginary friend. Big Difference! and when I asked you why you made that conclusion you said he should post the screenshots
what you just did is make a conclusion based on assumption and then turn around to ask for evidence. only someone with failure in logical thinking could've committed such a bizarre and embarrassing gaffe

Also OP never called the WhatsApp members his "Friends", that's another assumption on your part, I belong to several WhatsApp groups and I can say that in a group of hundreds, I can only call 2-3 members my "Friends", most would be strangers and many would be people I know but can't categorise as "Friends"

Its obvious who lacks common sense here wink

Actually I do but I don't care if my father is called that on a faceless forum by people who don't know him nor me and when the intention is to get under my skin. THIS is called maturity, something you (apparently) lack wink

Now if I claim my dad is everywhere, all powerful and all knowing as you claim your imaginary friend is, then I don't need to get angry or react in a particular way when some people insult him as my dad would've done the reaction himself if he wanted but it seems your all powerful god that's everywhere and knows all relies on you to react on his behalf. something doesn't tally

If your god is as powerful as you claim it is, then you shouldn't be reacting that way. only a god that resides in your head would make you feel an insult to it is an insult to you

Lmao! "a man who can insult your imaginary friend can kill another human without a thought" grin

Tell us exactly how you feel wink

Edit: I think it would be a honour for someone that makes conclusion on assumptions and adds words when no assumption is there to avoid my monicker. I'm one of the dumbest Nairalanders and I actually feel insecure when I meet people dumber than me grin
Didn't read and will never read anything you post. You are dangerous. Worst than a murderer.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
godisgood200:

Didn't read and will never read anything you post. You are dangerous. Worst than a murderer.

I'm devastated by that, you hurt my feelings. how will I ever recover from your not reading my posts? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mujtahida: 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
frank317:
I have a domineering and seemingly focused personality... the story for me is the other way round. Religeous folks feel stupid around me. They are scared of arguing with me... can they even afford not being friends with me? I am both fun and interesting to be with.

I meet someone for the first time and he is dissapointed I am an atheist, but he quickly gets over it and only promise to pray for me... sometime they leave with "i am sure God will touch your heart one day" and I reply "I am waiting"

my friends and family dont have the confidence to relegate me, I am confidence itself... how can u use what I have against me.

Even Jesus de fear me
You are your own God. Nothing scares Jehovah more than this. That's why he deceives the Christians with notions about debased humility. Nietzche called Christianity a corrupt religion and truly that's what it is

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mujtahida:

You are your own God. Nothing scares Jehovah more than this. That's why he deceives the Christians with notions about debased humility. Nietzche called Christianity a corrupt religion and truly that's what it is

Christians are their own god too. if you doubt this, tell them Yahweh is imaginary, useless etc and see how they'll feel personally insulted even though they claim this Yahweh is everywhere, all powerful and all knowing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2018
godisgood200:

Does it also mean thatbu should segregate them, look at them with hatred and allegations and make them feel bad? I mean, thats what i get from the op. The christians him are making him feel worst because he objects to their God idea. They neglect all u have written up here and do the opposite.
Isn't this a kind of test for the christians too? Even butterflylion is sahing he deserves it. Is this what loving ur enemy is? Wven though i dont consider the an inch to their enemy he ia getting more than an enemy deserves.

My conclusion... all.these Christians have failed the test... even butterylion and others that support this unchristian act are going hell. See u all there.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2018
frank317:

Does it also mean thatbu should segregate them, look at them with hatred and allegations and make them feel bad? I mean, thats what i get from the op. The christians him are making him feel worst because he objects to their God idea. They neglect all u have written up here and do the opposite.
Isn't this a kind of test for the christians too? Even butterflylion is sahing he deserves it. Is this what loving ur enemy is? Wven though i dont consider the an inch to their enemy he ia getting more than an enemy deserves.

My conclusion... all.these Christians have failed the test... even butterylion and others that support this unchristian act are going hell. See u all there.

Please don't infect me with your ignorance. Love your enemies does not translate to stopping them form reaping what they sow. The law of sowing and reaping is unstoppable despite any love you show your enemy.

He chose a path and is acting like he does not know that any path chosen comes with its own events and incidents?

I repeat he made his bed so he should lay on it. Conscious change brings matching effects. Or does the law of cause and effect no longer work?

Now he is playing the blame game and trying to shift his problem on other people when clearly he was the one who intruded on the beliefs of his hosts by being uncharitable on the whatsapp group he went on.

Like I said, stop trying to infect me with your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 10:17am On Mar 10, 2018
frank317:

No, we don't work to make them feel bad, but we are not in charge of the state of their mines, we can't influence how they feel.

If we shd live together then we shd respect each others views. Not you insulting mine but expecting me to just keep you around me doing nothing about it. Even Jesus said, If your own hand causes you to sin, cut it off.

You are making it seem like, only atheists have the right to their feelings and the Christians must abide by what the atheists wants them to do. When i relegate you, you'd feel bad, but you are poised on doing what shd make me avoid you, yet you expect that because i'm a Christian i shd just keep accepting you.

This soumds satanic to me. You know that this thing hurts me, but you won't stop doing it. You keep hurting me, and you know my continuous association with you will bring about strife as a result of your actions. you know as a Christian, i shouldn't live in strife, but you insist. When i relegate you you get angry.

Why shd the Op feel bad for being avoided? Does he want to delibrately keep hurting the Christians or make them angry thereby sin?
frank317:

Isn't this a kind of test for the christians too?
No, God does not test His Children with evil. Satan does.

Jesus says, resist the devil and he will flee from you. We don't see satan, just like we don't see God, but we see their manifestations emanateing from the people that have subjected themselves to be used by them. Anyone you stirs up anger in another person has an evil spirit dwelling in them. Keep them off. If he is hungry feed him, but don't give him access into you, because he will poison you. Sheep does not play with wolves.

frank317:

Is this what loving ur enemy is? Wven though i dont consider the an inch to their enemy he ia getting more than an enemy deserves.
You're missing the whole point. Loving my enemy doesn't mean allowing your enemy access into to your inner most thoughts. He is still your enemy, undeestand that. That you love him doesn't he will love you back and not harm you.

Loving my enemy means, i don't harbour any ill towards him in my heart.

Loving my enemy mean, i don't avenge what he does or has done agsisnt me.

Loving my enemy means, i give to him help when he needs it. I don't walk pass him because he walka pass me in my needs.

Loving my enemy means, i forgive him all he has done against me and pray that God delivers him from the devil.

Loving my enemy means, i can give him my last meal and go hungry even when i know he can uae what i give to him against me.

BUT...

LOVING MY ENEMY DOES NOT MEAN, I SHOULD EAT FROM THE SAME PLATE WITH THEM, they still hate me and wants me dead.

Jesus said LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF, HE didn't say Love your neighbours more than you love yourself.

Remember you have to stay alive in other to love(?)

frank317:

My conclusion... all.these Christians have failed the test...
Sir, your conclusion is very irrlevant in this matter. You are in no position to give orders to another man's servant. His master has ordered him on what to do and how to do it, you don't come in miarepresenting the madter with an attempt to mislead the servants.

Love ia giving, you can give without loving, but you can't love without giving. That is why we give you our time letting you know your fate if you remain rebellious, but you insults us, yet still wants us to keep you close.

No, the Lord did not say we shd keep your company. Crying about it won't change.

Bad company corrupts good manners.

I see people who claim to be christians before insulting Christ here, how did it happen? Wrong association with the sons of perdition in Nairaland.

This forum was raised by the Seed of satan to bring souls down, but his reward awaits him.

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 10:26am On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

Please don't infect me with your ignorance. Love your enemies does not translate to stopping them form reaping what they sow. The law of sowing and reaping is unstoppable despite any love you show your enemy.

He chose a path and is acting like he does not know that any path chosen comes with its own events and incidents?

I repeat he made his bed so he should lay on it. Conscious change brings matching effects. Or does the law of cause and effect no longer work?

Now he is playing the blame game and trying to shift his problem on other people when clearly he was the one who intruded on the beliefs of his hosts by being uncharitable on the whatsapp group he went on.

Like I said, stop trying to infect me with your ignorance.

See him trying to wriggle his way out. Christians that are advised to love their enemies are helping reap what he has sown. Thats failure on their part. The issue is not weather he is reaping what he has sown, the issue for mw are those hypocritical christians like you who reaping from.what u have not sown. An unbeliever sows a seed (which is a test to u) and u joing him in reaping from it. Will u not go to the same hell with him?

Lol at reaping what he has sown. Its all his fault sha... he is the one allowing needy people who hold onto mythical beings to help them in life to oppress him.

3 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2018
frank317:

See him trying to wriggle his way out. Christians that are advised to love their enemies are helping reap what he has sown. Thats failure on their part. The issue is not weather he is reaping what he has sown, the issue for mw are those hypocritical christians like you who reaping from.what u have not sown. An unbeliever sows a seed (which is a test to u) and u joing him in reaping from it. Will u not go to the same hell with him?

Lol at reaping what he has sown. Its all his fault sha... he is the one allowing needy people who hold onto mythical beings to help them in life to oppress him.

From the OP

an interesting conversation was on on one of the whatsapp group I belonged to on this very quiet and boring day about religion and God's plan for man, redemption, salvation, deliverance.... and I decided to join and gave quite a twist to the whole discussion. oh my! and all attention was faced on me

That is the crux of the matter. He deliberately decided to disrespect and be uncharitable to his hosts. The Bible says soft words turn away much wrath. What we sow is what we reap. If you sow soft words, you reap soft words. If you want respect, then give respect.

He cannot come here and be complaining over something he deliberately brought upon himself.

If you are blind and cannot read and be factual and only see "Christian christian" everywhere then like I said, stop trying to infect me with your ignorance.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 11:06am On Mar 10, 2018
godisgood200:

No, we don't work to make them feel bad, but we are not in charge of the state of their mines, we can't influence how they feel.
The are actually working to make him feel bad. Read the op again.

If we shd live together then we shd respect each others views. Not you insulting mine but expecting me to just keep you around me doing nothing about it. Even Jesus said, If your own hand causes you to sin, cut it off.
What do u consider insult? U walk up to me and tell me to believe in God or burn in hell and i say no, God does not exist? Is it what u call insult?
U sensitivity is the issue here. Its unfortunate that u dont understand my position. U want me to hold ur God dear to my heart like u hence u expect me to act in certain ways when God is mentioned. Breaking news: its not possible... God is just a false ideaa to me so when i talk about God see me as someone who does not care. Hence u should see my view as insult and i shouldnt see urs as insult. So no need for anyone to relegate anyone.

You are making it seem like, only atheists have the right to their feelings and the Christians must abide by what the atheists wants them to do. When i relegate you, you'd feel bad, but you are poised on doing what shd make me avoid you, yet you expect that because i'm a Christian i shd just keep accepting you.
I wasnt the one who wrote the bible u believe in. The bible says turn the other chick. If u claim u are a bleiever, i expect u to act that way. U cant eat ur cake and have it. U cant justify claiming to be a believer anf acting like an unbleiever.

This soumds satanic to me. You know that this thing hurts me, but you won't stop doing it. You keep hurting me, and you know my continuous association with you will bring about strife as a result of your actions. you know as a Christian, i shouldn't live in strife, but you insist. When i relegate you you get angry.
Do u even know what it means to be a Christian? U quickly accept u are a Christianbut u are not ready to carry the cross. Why then are u wastin both our time? Like i said, ur sensitivity is the issue here. Why get angry when u know i sont care? Why get hurt and act unchristian when ur belief is challenged? Why claim to be a christian when u cant take the heat.
My advise... join athiest and release ur soul from this burden i cannot bear.

Why shd the Op feel bad for being avoided? Does he want to delibrately keep hurting the Christians or make them angry thereby sin?
The should feel bad when people regate him for airing his views. He never claimed to be a Christian who will turn the other chick and love ur enemy. The question is why will christians feel bad and relagete him when they claim they are holy meek, kind, loving, joyous, patient, good, gentle. U want to be called a Christian but u dont want to be a Christian.

No, God does not test His Children with evil. Satan does.
How is this supposed ro change anything? Should christians succumb to tests because its coming from satan?

Jesus says, resist the devil and he will flee from you. We don't see satan, just like we don't see God, but we see their manifestations emanateing from the people that have subjected themselves to be used by them. Anyone you stirs up anger in another person has an evil spirit dwelling in them. Keep them off. If he is hungry feed him, but don't give him access into you, because he will poison you. Sheep does not play with wolves.
Do u know the meaning of resist? Does it mean... get angry, relegateand hate? Are u even a christian?

You're missing the whole point. Loving my enemy doesn't mean allowing your enemy access into to your inner most thoughts. He is still your enemy, undeestand that. That you love him doesn't he will love you back and not harm you.
U are missing the point... loving ur enemy does not mean u should relegate and make them feel bad

Loving my enemy means, i don't harbour any ill towards him in my heart.
When u relagete and hate them and make them feel bad u are habouring loving thoughts?

Loving my enemy mean, i don't avenge what he does or has done agsisnt me.

Loving enemy does not mean u should hate and relegate them either

Loving my enemy means, i give to him help when he needs it. I don't walk pass him because he walka pass me in my needs.

Loving my enemy means, i forgive him all he has done against me and pray that God delivers him from the devil.

Loving my enemy means, i can give him my last meal and go hungry even when i know he can uae what i give to him against me.

Here u are supporting fellow christians who instead doing this, they are doing the opposite.

LOVING MY ENEMY DOES NOT MEAN, I SHOULD EAT FROM THE SAME PLATE WITH THEM, they still hate me and wants me dead.

Jesus said LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF, HE didn't say Love your neighbours more than you love yourself.

Remember you have to stay alive in other to love(?)

Someone does not believe in ur God now he wants u dead? Like i said u have sensitivity issues. Stop sayin another thingand doing another thing. U dont love ur neibour by relegating and hating them... all u have typed above is not what the chriatians in the op did. Stop prerending and trying to justify unchristian acts.

Sir, your conclusion is very irrlevant in this matter. You are in no position to give orders to another man's servant. His master has ordered him on what to do and how to do it, you don't come in miarepresenting the madter with an attempt to mislead the servants.

Love ia giving, you can give without loving, but you can't love without giving. That is why we give you our time letting you know your fate if you remain rebellious, but you insults us, yet still wants us to keep you close.

No, the Lord did not say we shd keep your company. Crying about it won't change.

Bad company corrupts good manners.

I see people who claim to be christians before insulting Christ here, how did it happen? Wrong association with the sons of perdition in Nairaland.

This forum was raised by the Seed of satan to bring souls down, but his reward awaits him.

U cant be two faced bro... if the bible instructs i to love ir enemies and u relegate and hate them like the chriatians in the op did.. u have failed and hell is waiting for u

4 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 11:16am On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

From the OP

That is the crux of the matter. He deliberately decided to disrespect and be uncharitable to his hosts. The Bible says soft words turn away much wrath. What we sow is what we reap. If you sow soft words, you reap soft words. If you want respect, then give respect.

He cannot come here and be complaining over something he deliberately brought upon himself.

If you are blind and cannot read and be factual and only see "Christian christian" everywhere then like I said, stop trying to infect me with your ignorance.

Oga... someone voiced his opinion and he is suddenly disrespectful? Godisgood200 said he wabts ro kill him for voicing his opinion. Is this how wicked u guys can be?
How did he disrespect his host? Who is his host.. did he even say the watsapp group was a christian group? The topic came up in the group he belonged and he aird his view which was different and u call him disrespectful.. and all of a sudden a christian like u thinks he deserves being relegated for airing a different view? How about lets kill him for airing a different view? U can suggest that and clajm to b a Christian

4 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2018
frank317:

Oga... someone voiced his opinion and he is suddenly disrespectful? Godisgood200 said he wabts ro kill him for voicing his opinion. Is this how wicked u guys can be?
How did he disrespect his host? Who is his host.. did he even say the watsapp group was a christian group? The topic came up in the group he belonged and he aird his view which was different and u call him disrespectful.. and all of a sudden a christian like u thinks he deserves being relegated for airing a different view? How about lets kill him for airing a different view? U can suggest that and clajm to b a Christian

If he voices his opinion and it wasn't disrespectful (based on your view) why then should the opinion from the Christians In his community be seen as disrespectful (by you)

I suppose you never read to understand. The fact that he began by first stating the kind of community he lives in and their response after that whatsapp chat shows there were a lot of Christians on that chat and the OP said the topic of the chat was about religion and God's plan for man, redemption, salvation, deliverance should let you know it was a Christian chat group.

He deserves what he got. If you want respect then show it to others. If you know your opinions are not going to be welcomed by your hosts, why DECIDE to offer it?

Say what you will but even the OP disagrees with you. He knows that all the years he kept quiet and went about his business without disrespecting the religion and lifestyle of his hosts all was great and then he now DECIDED to break this good thing he had going with his "I can no longer mind my business" opinions.

His bed, he should lay on it. Period.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

If he voices his opinion and it wasn't disrespectful (based on your view) why then should the opinion from the Christians In his community be seen as disrespectful (by you)

I suppose you never read to understand. The fact that he began by first stating the kind of community he lives in and their response after that whatsapp chat shows there were a lot of Christians on that chat and the OP said the topic of the chat was about religion and God's plan for man, redemption, salvation, deliverance should let you know it was a Christian chat group.

He deserves what he got. If you want respect then show it to others. If you know your opinions are not going to be welcomed by your hosts, why DECIDE to offer it?

Say what you will but even the OP disagrees with you. He knows that all the years he kept quiet and went about his business without disrespecting the religion and lifestyle of his hosts all was great and then he now DECIDED to break this good thing he had going with his "I can no longer mind my business" opinions.

His bed, he should lay on it. Period.

His view was not disrespectful, it was different.
The group was not a christian group but the topic was a christian topic in the group he belonged to.
U are intolerant and wicked and when the muslims in kano took off that ladies head for preaching to them and saying Jesus is the way and not mohammed.. u should said it served her right. Do u advocate that the christians in his community kill him too for being "disrespectful"?
When some does not challenge ur view he is doing a good thing...tell us the world is urs

4 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
frank317:

The group was not a christian group but the topic was a christian topic in the group he belonged to.
U are intolerant and wicked and when the muslims in kano took off that ladies head for preaching to them and saying Jesus is the way and not mohammed.. u should said it served her right. Do u advocate that the christians in his community kill him too for being "disrespectful"?
When some does not challenge ur view he is doing a good thing...tell us the world is urs

You are ignorant and dumb. Did he show you a transcript of his words in the chat group for you to say it was "different" and not "disrespectful"?

Indeed you are dumb beyond measure. Where did the OP say his life was being threatened by death? Where did he say anyone wanted him killed in his community?

Keep on adding salt and pepper to what the OP did not say. Perhaps you know something about this incident that the OP did not mention.

You can have the last say now.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by superhumanist(m): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

You are ignorant and dumb. Did he show you a transcript of his words in the chat group for you to say it was "different" and not "disrespectful"?

Indeed you are dumb beyond measure. Where did the OP say his life was being threatened by death? Where did he say anyone wanted him killed in his community?

Keep on adding salt and pepper to what the OP did not say. Perhaps you know something about this incident that the OP did not mention.

Lol.....you made the first claim. How was what he said in the chat group disrespectful?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Lol.....you made the first claim. How was what he said in the chat group disrespectful?

From the OP

an interesting conversation was on on one of the whatsapp group I belonged to on this very quiet and boring day about religion and God's plan for man, redemption, salvation, deliverance.... and I decided to join and gave quite a twist to the whole discussion. oh my! and all attention was faced on me

He decided to join because he had something on his mind to say. He now GAVE QUITE A TWIST to the whole discussion. Emphasis on QUITE A TWIST. not just a twist but QUITE a twist.

Only something disrespectful would get him the kind of responses he began getting immediately after. He deliberately gave quite a twist to the belief of his hosts because he was BORED. so the best way for him to tackle his boredom was to do something mischievous against people who have never hurt him or treated him badly as he clearly testified in his write up and now it backfired and he is complaining.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by superhumanist(m): 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

From the OP

He decided to join because he had something on his mind to say. He now GAVE QUITE A TWIST to the whole discussion. Emphasis on QUITE A TWIST. not just a twist but QUITE a twist.

Only something disrespectful would get him the kind of responses he began getting immediately after. He deliberately gave quite a twist to the belief of his hosts because he was BORED. so the best way for him to tackle his boredom was to do something mischievous against people who have never hurt him or treated him badly as he clearly testified in his write up and now it backfired and he is complaining.

So, you made all that up from the assumption that his "twist" means something disrespectful?

I'm bookmarking this for future references to your foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
superhumanist:

So, you made all that up from the assumption that his "twist" means something disrespectful?

I'm bookmarking this for future references to your foolishness.

If you like encyclopedia mark it too. Why not ask the OP to screengrab what he calls QUITE A TWIST and show us here so we know who is wrong or right.

Go ahead
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
keenn:
reversing the hands of time would be my greatest help for now, if that were possible.

I reside in an academic community somewhere in the east, my journey through the atheistic part has been quite interesting though challenging...having to fine tune core upbringing believe systems to what I am now.

to keep body and soul together, I help around with handy jobs in my small academic community, and with my intrigue personality it wasn't hard to become popular

an interesting conversation was on on one of the whatsapp group I belonged to on this very quiet and boring day about religion and God's plan for man, redemption, salvation, deliverance.... and I decided to join and gave quite a twist to the whole discussion. oh my! and all attention was faced on me.

immediately I was getting personal messages, it became so overwhelming that I had to ignore some.

the next day, I was like a walking ghost, some of my greetings were not returned, side talks when I pass and some offered to even pray to deliver me.

business/survival hasn't been the same.

I will one day leave this community, and then we will do all what they do, I want acceptance too, I need to survive.

disclosing your identity in an environment that is deeply entagled with religious dogma brings nothing but loss to us, no one is rewarding us to confess.

Kindly screengrab what you term as QUITE A TWIST in this whatsapp chat you had.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by superhumanist(m): 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

If you like encyclopedia mark it too. Why not ask the OP to screengrab what he calls QUITE A TWIST and show us here so we know who is wrong or right.

Go ahead

Oliver Twist.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

This is what am talking about. U have started throwing the insults... later u will say someone is disrespectul..godisgood200 hope u can see... when i start giving it to him hot he will start claiming victim

What has dumb and ignorant got to do with fhis? U started by claiming the group was a christian group which i believed u infered from his post. But i didnt see that from the op. The op made it clear that it was a watsapp group he belonged and they were having a discussion on Gods redemption for man and he decided to join. How are rhey hia host? How is the group a Christian group?

Even in my alumni watsapp group christian topics always comes up and i give my own opinion and sure everyone gives theirs even muslims.

How did i add pepper.. u said its a xhriatian group and they are his host... where did yhe op say so? Is it not clear he said on a whatsapp group he belonged?

Yet u have the impetus to call me dumb? Are u dancing around in ur room naked? Oga if u want us to turn this to throwing insults i am at ur service just indicate ur interest by throwing another one.

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by frank317: 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

From the OP

Quite a twist means a different view point... how is that difficult to understand... this neans he should be hated?

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
frank317:

This is what am talking about. U have started throwing the insults... later u will say someone is disrespectul..godisgood200 hope u can see... when i start giving it to him hot he will start claiming victim

What has dumb and ignorant got to do with fhis? U started by claiming the group was a christian group which i believed u infered from his post. But i didnt see that from the op. The op made it clear that it was a watsapp group he belonged and they were having a discussion on Gods redemption for man and he decided to join. How are rhey hia host? How is the group a Christian group?

Even in my alumni watsapp group christian topics always comes up and i give my own opinion and sure everyone gives theirs even muslims.

How did i add pepper.. u said its a xhriatian group and they are his host... where did yhe op say so? Is it not clear he said on a whatsapp group he belonged?

Yet u have the impetus to call me dumb? Are u dancing around in ur room naked? Oga if u want us to turn this to throwing insults i am at ur service just indicate ur interest by throwing another one.

Shut your deceptive mouth!!!!!

I am glad you noticed what you call insults I put in my comment deliberately in response to yours. I now see that you deliberately deny the obvious while focusing on what others do. This is your comment I responded to below and the words in bold was the reason I deliberately used my own words. I guess you were not being disrespectful with your own words of insult.

frank317:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

For Grail Message Adherents And Whoever Cares To Look / Does An Atheist Have A Soul? / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.