Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much (48730 Views)

700 Canadian Doctors Protest: We Are Paid Too Much. Attached Image / Vivien Otu's Kidnap: Doctors Protest In Calabar - Pictures / Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much (yes, Too Much) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by digitsolution: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
these are the real MVPs. 95mill to 100mill per annum this na real work. Canada, Quebec here I come........

Check out my signature for promotional items for political campaigns, multinationals, product launch, businesses and so much more. Follow us on IG.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Ghost01(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
Back in 2014, 76% of voters in a national referendum in Switzerland rejected a proposal that would have made the minimum wage in the country the highest in the world.

Above board outcomes like these ones are, intrinsically, features of the environment.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by adidison(m): 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
I'm not sure all the doctors agreed sha but ... good and thoughtful move, plus the respect they will get from the nurses will be through the roof.

In Nigeria doctors protest pay rise?!?! Thats even when the some of the doctors will start sending the nurses to do more work for them.

1 Like

Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by modextus(m): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Help!

I've had this rumbling and excessive farts after meals more like indigestion but it's been persistent and sometimes causes abdominal pain. And it's been so for almost 2 months now. Please what could be the cause and what kind of medication should i take?

Created a thread for this didn't get responses.. had to paste it on an active thread so I'll get a quicker response.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The doctors are ingrates.
What is their goal in life if it is not to amass wealth?

Did Bill Gates become the world's richest man by turning down more money?

This is pure foolishness, their parents would regret ever sending them to medical school.
They honestly need a reorientation.

This is why Nigeria will never move forward, greedy set of human being. You don't study Medicine and surgery because you want to be rich. If you want to be rich go be an entrepreneur, start a business that's what the likes of Bill Gate did.

1 Like

Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by zedman1(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
eleojo23:

They are foolish abi? Smh..

This kind of thing is strange to the African mind.

Too much poverty has created a mindset of always wanting to acquire more for ourselves even when we don't need it. That is why politicians will steal so much money that you will wonder whether they intend to spend it in their next life. That's a very poor and primitive mindset

There is nothing wrong in allowing the national cake to go round so that everyone can enjoy. That is what these doctors are trying to do.
Forgive her. I'm so sure she and others with similar comments never read the article at all.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by PUKKA25: 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
JESUS!!! Impossibly unbelievable
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Kizito2nv(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
niggi4life:
kaiii shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

A physician is paid $260,924 (94Million Naira a year)

My friend who works as an I.T Engineer who was earning about 200K in Naija before he travelled to Canada Just 3 years ago earns about 84,000 CAD(that's about 24 Million a year) excluding bonuses oooo

Do not let ANYBODY fool you that the grass is not always green at the other side, the only shortcoming you will have is if you are not with your legal papers to work or live abroad.

We have been so beclouded by poverty and hardship that we see basic amenities as luxury, just like you buying a "tokunbo car" and you feel you have "arrived" or you buying a brand new iphone or some peeps will boast of having AC in their houses.. smh.

You see peeps forming tuush because they are shopping at the Mall (ShopRite etc) meanwhile that's like an average market everyone goes to here.

If you have the opportunity to leave this country, I use GOD beg you... Waka Far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If na because of Chioma, no worry dem plenty for here, fresh creamy chicks

And one mumu dey ask say wetin you go miss leaving Nigeria..... SMH
bro are you a prophet am planning on leaving this shithole and the love of my life is Chioma u are scaring me
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by IMASTEX: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
niggi4life:

My friend who works as an I.T Engineer who was earning about 200K in Naija before he travelled to Canada Just 3 years ago earns about 84,000 CAD(that's about 24 Million a year) excluding bonuses oooo

Do not let ANYBODY fool you that the grass is not always green at the other side, the only shortcoming you will have is if you are not with your legal papers to work or live abroad.

We have been so beclouded by poverty and hardship that we see basic amenities as luxury, just like you buying a "tokunbo car" and you feel you have "arrived" or you buying a brand new iphone or some peeps will boast of having AC in their houses.. smh.

You see peeps forming tuush because they are shopping at the Mall (ShopRite etc) meanwhile that's like an average market everyone goes to here.

If you have the opportunity to leave this country, I use GOD beg you... Waka Far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said it all. Poverty have so blinded so many persons that they feel they are okay at their present poverty level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Donpenny(m): 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
hmmm nw I see d reason why our doctors are all running abroad
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Kingspin(m): 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ever8054:
this is unbelievable....protest pay rise ? when even Nigeria pastors are planning a protests that there poor members are no longer bringing enough tithe to them...African leaders after reading this news be like.....
#Ourpoliticiansneedtolearn
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by hightempo(m): 10:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
When will my dear country get to this stage.....almost everything is not working in this country and we are soo comfortable doing nothing about it...........God please show us your mercy
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by realitynaija: 1:57am On Mar 08, 2018
The protest by the Doctors must ve been borne out of many factors:
1. Care for other medical workers
2. The so called increment end up in govt pocket thrgh taxes and other percentile charges
The doctors know that it's more favorable for govt to spend on amenities than increase salaries.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Sarang(f): 7:24am On Mar 08, 2018
Vince77:

The money still wouldn't get to the workers. It will "hang" on its way.

or Tiger will swallow it.. did you forget Sahara.. a desert right? whatever animals that lives there will swallow it

1 Like

Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Cityguy: 10:26am On Mar 08, 2018
BiggyB242:

This is why Nigeria will never move forward, greedy set of human being. You don't study Medicine and surgery because you want to be rich. If you want to be rich go be an entrepreneur, start a business that's what the likes of Bill Gate did.
Wrong there. Nobody goes through such rigour with hope of remaining poor. Anything you do and have passion for ought to bring you wealth once it meets needs. That is the teaching vibe I've been getting from various business platforms I've listened to. If a doctor desires riches, as much as it's gotten legitimately, that's no wrong friend. Nigeria has remained the way it is because we tend to want freebies, free lunch and are not ready to pay commensurate charges for services rendered. To ice the cake, we are 'blessed' with poor leadership. How can that now be the fault of the doctor?
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 08, 2018
niggi4life:

Hw much can you save from the "supposed big earnings" ?

Not everybody will leave Nigeria, no matter hw rosy it is abroad...........

Live and lets live...
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Cityguy:

Wrong there. Nobody goes through such rigour with hope of remaining poor. Anything you do and have passion for ought to bring you wealth once it meets needs. That is the teaching vibe I've been getting from various business platforms I've listened to. If a doctor desires riches, as much as it's gotten legitimately, that's no wrong friend. Nigeria has remained the way it is because we tend to want freebies, free lunch and are not ready to pay commensurate charges for services rendered. To ice the cake, we are 'blessed' with poor leadership. How can that now be the fault of the doctor?

You don't study medicine to be rich, is a passion to save humanity. Teachers; is the love to impact knowledge. These profession isn't done because you want to be Bill Gate rich, comfortable, yes. There is a name for such professions in entrepreneurship, I can't remember now.

Africans we love money too much that's reason we aren't going forward we want to accumulate and accumulate. Politicians are being called corrupt leaders but from your post if you get a political position you will do likewise "I have spent a lot to get to this position, now I must do all it takes it get back my money back"
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Cityguy: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
BiggyB242:

You don't study medicine to be rich, is a passion to save humanity. Teachers; is the love to impact knowledge. These profession isn't done because you want to be Bill Gate rich, comfortable, yes. There is a name for such professions in entrepreneurship, I can't remember now.

Africans we love money too much that's reason we aren't going forward we want to accumulate and accumulate. Politicians are being called corrupt leaders but from your post if you get a political position you will do likewise "I have spent a lot to get to this position, now I must do all it takes it get back my money back"

It's quite obvious you hold your view strongly and nothing is wrong with that. Where that becomes a problem is when you have a feeling there are never shades between white and black. There was a.time teachers were contented with having their rewards in heaven. Ask now, they will tell you how it goes. I tell you no one does all that to merely exist. When you have a passion and it is rightly channelled, it ought to be rewarding, emotionally and financially too. I don't know if you are a doctor but kindly do a survey among doctors.and see if they hold similar view as yours. That shouldn't be too.much a task as I believe you should have few friends among them or even online here.
Pls tell, where do you draw the line between rich and comfortable? Be specific with your figures so I'll know when I cross.
You don't know me pls. You can't possibly know what I can do in political position just by exchanging few lines as we did. That's quite presumptive.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Unlimited22: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
Boss Nihilistjnr, no vex say I quote you on this dead thread, but I didn't want to attract further attention on the Chelsea thread.
Please, help me look into the University of London International Programme (BSc Hons in Computer Science), for credibility, cost, recognition, content etc.....
I think a distance programme while practising will be best for me. I'm thinking of applying to Begin in October 2020.
Meanwhile, I'll focus most of my energy between now and the start of my internship on learning as much as I can about ethical hacking, and as much about python, java and webdev as I can too. I have about 6 months.
How you see am? E dey doable?
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by nihilistjnr: 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
Unlimited22:
Boss Nihilistjnr, no vex say I quote you on this dead thread, but I didn't want to attract further attention on the Chelsea thread.
Please, help me look into the University of London International Programme (BSc Hons in Computer Science), for credibility, cost, recognition, content etc.....
I think a distance programme while practising will be best for me. I'm thinking of applying to Begin in October 2020.
Meanwhile, I'll focus most of my energy between now and the start of my internship on learning as much as I can about ethical hacking, and as much about python, java and webdev as I can too. I have about 6 months.
How you see am? E dey doable?

email me your number. Let's talk.
Re: 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much by Unlimited22: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
nihilistjnr:

email me your number. Let's talk.
Sent sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off Her Amazing Body Transformation (Photos) / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN / Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.