Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

A $19,000 Kidney Transplant For A 17-year-old Cat?owner Says Is Money Well Spent - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A $19,000 Kidney Transplant For A 17-year-old Cat?owner Says Is Money Well Spent (380 Views)

17-year-old Boy Dies In Ondo After Smoking ‘colorado’ / 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos) / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A $19,000 Kidney Transplant For A 17-year-old Cat?owner Says Is Money Well Spent by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
Not quite four months ago, Betsy Boyd spent 41 percent of her annual salary on a kidney transplant for her ailing 17-year-old cat, Stanley.
As a condition of the $19,000 surgery, she also adopted the kidney donor, a 2-year-old tabby named Jay, bringing the total number of felines in her household to six. Both cats are thriving post-surgery — but if Stanley were tragically to die tomorrow, Boyd said she would have no regrets.
"He's on immunosuppressant drugs, so he could get an infection," she said.
"Anything could happen. If Stan did pass away sooner rather than later, I'd know I had done what I could for him. We've already had a few really good weeks. He's really happy, and that alone is worth the price."

Boyd isn't independently wealthy. As a part-time member of the University of Baltimore's creative writing faculty, she earns about $46,000 a year. Her husband, Michael Yockel is a freelance journalist and stay-at-home dad who cares for the couple's twin sons, 3-year-old Texas and Miner. The couple bought their home in Baltimore's Belair-Edson neighborhood for $95,000 — and paid cash.
"I'm smart with money," Boyd, 44, said. "I'm very frugal. I drive a used car and wear clothing from consignment stores, and I have no debt at all. The message I'd like to get across is that if you save your money carefully, you can spend $19,000 on something that moves you."
And there's no question that Stanley matters to her, and matters a lot.
"Stanley is the only human cat," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/a-dollar19000-kidney-transplant-for-a-17-year-old-cat-his-baltimore-owner-says-it-was-money-well-spent/ar-BBJStsk?li=AAk6ORB&ocid=spartanntp_edu
Re: A $19,000 Kidney Transplant For A 17-year-old Cat?owner Says Is Money Well Spent by dkronicle(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
Chaii and one bruh somewhere is asking for $100 itunes card. Which kine work dis man dey do wey go make am spend that kind money for watin dem dey call winch for Nigeria.. God relocate me plz.
Re: A $19,000 Kidney Transplant For A 17-year-old Cat?owner Says Is Money Well Spent by Actuarydeji(m): 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
Waow! Double Waow for you again!! Imagine our brothers in Nigeria, they would have used the Yakubu for pepper soup. Naija I dey salute Una

(1) (Reply)

How A Fake Beauty Product Ruined My Date / How To Lose Weight On A Naija Diet?step-by-step Guide To A Healthier Breakfast / Infertility In Men And Women- A Holistic View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.