Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods (20611 Views)

‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community / Young Man Engages Masquerade In A Flogging Contest As Villagers Watch. Photos / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Aka Ji Ovo Igbo Leads Community To Omambala River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by dainformant(m): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
The elders of a community in Enugu state are set to consult the gods following the death of three villagers who were killed by a windstorm. Other villagers were reported to have been hospitalized and buildings destroyed after the terrifying windstorm hit Uhunowerre community in Igbo Eze south local government area of Enugu state.

The victims of the tragedy include two secondary school students of Community Secondary School Uhunowerre simply identified as Edith Ugwu, SS-2, and one Onyeka, a former student of the school who was said to have visited to watch the build up to the school’s forthcoming inter house sports games.

The other was a bricklayer identified as Anthony Mammah who was working at the Mario Institute of Hospitality and Entrepreneurship on the fateful day.

The Traditional ruler of the community, His Royal Highness, Igwe Sunday Ogbonna said he was shocked by the incident pointing out that his people had not witnessed such disaster since the history of the community.

Igwe Ogbonna said that the storm was a strange one giving the fact that it only targeted public buildings, and no individual houses were affected.

He promised to summon his cabinet members to proffer solution on how to consult the gods of the land to know why such an unusual wind wrecked havoc in the community.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/enugu-community-consult-gods-windstorm-kills-3-villagers-photos.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
In this 21st century?!

Okay, Happy consultation o.
Let us hear what the 'gods' says concerning the matter.....

@Op, come back and go edit that God's to gods.
Stop the blasphemy, I want to believe it's a mistake tho. EDIT ASAP!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by bugidon(m): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
Odiegwu

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by visijo(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Interesting.. Maybe they always chant "thunder fire me if I de lie" so suddenly windstorm come help thunder do his work.. Rip to the dead..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lmao. "The gods." grin

If it were a place like say, the United States, meteorologists would've already studied and predicted this, and it'd be presented on the daily weather report by local news and radio stations, which everyone has access to- probably telling them to evacuate from the area, or possibly pass through a different route.

Natural disasters HARDLY come unannounced.

But here, in the 21st century, we Nigerians have decided to consult 'The Gods'. Issorite. grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by wahles(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
Tor! Over to the them
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Annnonymous: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
See his face sef.. grin

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by SIMPLYkush: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
I love enugu girls, there deep pussy is something to die for, their young girls who are still in primary school too have the largest boobs and deep pussy u will ever find, i love enugu
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Amirullaha(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
May God help us...
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by lordraiden(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
The gods must be crazy

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Fadman4real(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
This is crazy and just shows how low we are compared to the rest of the world. The truth is that the village represents about 90% of the rest of Nigerians. The only difference is the God they are calling on.

Disclaimer: Not saying we shouldn't worship God, I also do but we must be smart enough to know that not everything is a response of God's anger but rather part of nature and we should stop been lazy but rather investigate the source of things in the universe.

7 Likes

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by remmysantos: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
happy consultation
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
See crude mentality !
Instead of them to checkmate how they are contributing to Global Warming undecided

In China, they have Technology that detects Earthquake days before it occur...

And these one are here "consulting the gods"

Mtcheeeew

For what purpose did God actually create Black people.. I have always wondered embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
One of the assumptions of science is that nature is knowable.

Lack of empirical knowledge is the bane of the black race.

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by etinanguy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
Let me start my own.

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Ekiseme(m): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
The Gods are wise.
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by thrillionaire(m): 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
Complete sissies! And what about the Fulani rampage in their communities, have they consulted any god yet? or their gods are scared of the Fulani? Mtcheeew!!
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by kasim155: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Newpride(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Maybe they've done one abominable thing or the other.
And it may be a natural disaster.
Igbos will soon blame APC and buhari for this.
quote me wrong and get ur destiny delayed. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Ekiseme(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
I love enugu girls, there deep pussy is something to die for, their young girls who are still in primary school too have the largest boobs and deep pussy u will ever find, i love enugu
yeye

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Mandrake007(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
The gods must be crazy
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Lekan1o1: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hmm
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by rawtouch: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
the gods are wise..

the gods are not to blame..

1 Like

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Lmao. "The gods." grin
If it were a place like say, the United States, meteorologists would've already studied and predicted this, and it'd be presented on the daily weather report by local news and radio stations, which everyone has access to- probably telling them to evacuate from the area, or possibly pass through a different route.
Natural disasters HARDLY come unannounced.
But here, in the 21st century, we Nigerians have decided to consult 'The Gods'. Issorite. grin grin

This one is even OK.. I read here same thing happened somewhere in Ogun last year..
And there was a weird tradition to bath the corpses with BLOOD OF A PIG AND DOG.. Before burying them
undecided
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by chuks34(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
god's of the land dey vex grin
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Quality20(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
idolatry
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Ekiseme(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
thrillionaire:
Complete sissies! And what about the Fulani rampage in their communities, have they consulted any god yet? or their gods are scared of the Fulani? Mtcheeew!!
radaraaada
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Tunks2017(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2018

Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Da Gods must be craZy grin
Re: Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods by thrillionaire(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ekiseme:
radaraaada
Pahdin??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Typical Nigerian Behavior / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue / Igbos Of SS/SE Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.