Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview (46285 Views)

Top Mistakes To AVOID During A Schengen Visa Interview / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / MUST READ - -top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by ericmor: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
livebynite:
I wish every Nigerian that applies for a Visa is given this year.

This country is useless

Some of us just want to watch Nigeria burn angry

Everyone around me that applied ending last year and this year were all given but I’m yet to apply cus I have a contract to execute and make money so I can go to yankee n enjoy myself before coming back
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by obembet(f): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
K
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by WaffenSS(m): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
Follygunners:
The topic should have been "Why Visa applicants get refused" wink

Other points to note are... The Consular / Interviewer having a bad day grin

The Consular / Interviewer trying NOT to exceed the daily apportioned visa quota. undecided

Sometimes, there's very little you can do when trying to obtain a Tourist (B1/B2 U.S Visas). The decisions by the Consular are mostly subjective as compared to a Student (F-1/F-1/J-1 Visas etc...) which are more based on merits and individdual qualifications. smiley

If you need more info., about obtaining U.S student's Visas, feel free to reach out!

Consule, not consular.

Consular are things that refer to the consulate.
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by pat077: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
Reelmii:
that is y we hav pple like u staying behind so dat poo can pass through u while we move towards progress in life, because ebilike say better thing dey purge u
why u move forward to Libya to turn to thier slave and perish into the Mediterranean sea en route Europe
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Follygunners: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
WaffenSS:

Consule, not consular.

Consular are things that refer to the consulate.

Thanks Mr. Teacher, no teach me nonsense.. lol grin (pun intended - Fela's song).

You meant "Consul" NOT 'consule'. My usage of the terminology refers to everything that has to do with the process NOT just an individual officer.

Anyway, thanks regardless!
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by ipobarecriminals: 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
whether u are nervous. or not.Even if u submit valid document, if ur ancestral/ village people are against. u/u go wit bad head(bad luck)nah oyo u dey.Dem gi just issue u dat blue paper,phew! 65k enter voicemail. niyen.No time.Some people. because dey are going for interview, dey go don broadcast it/5 pipu go follow dem go.Just put ur Angel ti work
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by pansophist(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Even if a visa applicant affirmatively ticked all the listed boxes, the application will be denied if it fails to prove that there are strong ties to the departing country. I see lots of applicants focusing on ties to the destination country, with is counterproductive.

Showing invitation letter, accommodation, bank statement etc from your host abroad just goes to show that the applicant has weak ties and has more reasons not to come back since there is nothing going for him in his departing country. If an applicant can sufficiently prove strong financial, economic, social and family ties to the departing country, ceteris paribus, he will get the visa. This is particularly relevant to non-immigrant visas categories (student, visiting, tourism etc).

2 Likes

Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by solidmyk(m): 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
omoluka:
Pls, i need likely questions on student visa
Bros just search visa interviews on this nairaland stories plenty.
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by usibengate(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
God is great
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Yoshy: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
Follygunners:

The Consular / Interviewer trying NOT to exceed the daily apportioned visa quota. undecided

Sometimes, there's very little you can do when trying to obtain a Tourist (B1/B2 U.S Visas). The decisions by the Consular are mostly subjective as compared to a Student (F-1/F-1/J-1 Visas etc...) which are more based on merits and individdual qualifications. smiley

If you need more info., about obtaining U.S student's Visas, feel free to reach out!

Hello, how may we discuss in-depth? If you will spare some of your Precious time. factextra77@gmail.com is my email.
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Kizyte(m): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ndkings1:

Did you get the visa?
In few weeks
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Ndkings1(m): 1:45am On Mar 08, 2018
ericmor:

That is true and that is why u should reapply with the same document and procedure and one other thing that people don’t know that makes d consular refused them visa d second time
I don't understand you
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Ndkings1(m): 1:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Kizyte:
In few weeks
That's nice Visa to which country?
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Ndkings1(m): 1:53am On Mar 08, 2018
Can someone please tell me how difficult it is to get the UK visa? I'm planning on moving to London on visitors visa.
Thanks....
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Ceasardgreat(m): 3:37am On Mar 08, 2018
iamdocToyemi:

Am not very sure but definitely i know you can enter Arab countries and get better job.... interested whatsapp me +2349034481121

Bros abeg na one chance?
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by jchemy1: 7:24am On Mar 08, 2018
Bro i needote author=Follygunners post=65640246]The topic should have been "Why Visa applicants get refused" wink

If you need more info., about obtaining U.S student's Visas, feel free to reach out![/quote]
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Kizyte(m): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2018
Ndkings1:

That's nice
Visa to which country?
Indonesia
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by WaffenSS(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2018
Follygunners:

Thanks Mr. Teacher, no teach me nonsense.. lol grin (pun intended - Fela's song).

You meant "Consul" NOT 'consule'. My usage of the terminology refers to everything that has to do with the process NOT just an individual officer.

Anyway, thanks regardless!

Yeah, Consul.

Not splitting hairs but you used consular as a person.

"Other points to note are... The Consular / Interviewer having a bad day grin

The Consular / Interviewer trying NOT to exceed the daily apportioned visa quota. undecided"

But the air has been cleared i guess.
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by ericmor: 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ndkings1:

I don't understand you

What exactly is it that you don’t understand
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by don4real18(m): 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2018
pansophist:
Even if a visa applicant affirmatively ticked all the listed boxes, the application will be denied if it fails to prove that there are strong ties to the departing country. I see lots of applicants focusing on ties to the destination country, with is counterproductive.

Showing invitation letter, accommodation, bank statement etc from your host abroad just goes to show that the applicant has weak ties and has more reasons not to come back since there is nothing going for him in his departing country. If an applicant can sufficiently prove strong financial, economic, social and family ties to the departing country, ceteris paribus, he will get the visa. This is particularly relevant to non-immigrant visas categories (student, visiting, tourism etc).
Can one's fiance be a tie or it must be marriage?
Can you elaborate more on the family's tie
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Tphoto1(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
Follygunners:

Hello. How can I chat with you privately like on WhatsApp. I need u to educate me more on this please. Email me ur WhatsApp number let me add u sir. Tnx
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by pansophist(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
don4real18:

Can one's fiance be a tie or it must be marriage?
Can you elaborate more on the family's tie

It doesn't have to be marriage, although marriage is a universal demonstration of family ties, other forms of family ties can be recognized depending on the destination country. If you and your fiance have a shared life together ( are cohabitants, have offspring(s), joint economic and financial affairs etc) then many countries will recognize that. For example in the Scandinavia, a spouse is a cohabitant, registered partners, married couples and partners with shared parenthood. You should inquire what constitutes a spouse in your destination country and see if you can fulfill any of it.
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by don4real18(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
pansophist:

It doesn't have to be marriage, although marriage is a universal demonstration of family ties, other forms of family ties can be recognized depending on the destination country. If you and your fiance have a shared life together ( are cohabitants, have offspring(s), joint economic and financial affairs etc) then many countries will recognize that. For example in the Scandinavia, a spouse is a cohabitant, registered partners, married couples and partners with shared parenthood. You should inquire what constitutes a spouse in your destination country and see if you can fulfill any of it.
My partner and I cohabitate and I hope to travel to the US for two weeks... My cousin's wedding
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Ekite: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
don4real18:

My partner and I cohabitate and I hope to travel to the US for two weeks... My cousin's wedding
Two weeks bro?
Are you sure?
Make two weeks no turn 20 years grin
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by don4real18(m): 6:38am On Mar 09, 2018
Ekite:

Two weeks bro?
Are you sure?
Make two weeks no turn 20 years grin

grin grin nawa to you. Don't you know America is a shithole
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Ekite: 8:25am On Mar 09, 2018
don4real18:

grin grin nawa to you. Don't you know America is a shithole
Chop knuckle my guy!

Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by owensking(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
U guys should be careful sah...the moment u have been issued US visa doesn't guarantee you straight entry into Yankee. Cuz there are still interview at the port of entry which is difficult than the one at the embassy.
If u got bleeped...they gonna send your ass back to naija straight!

Na baba God save me that day when I just put legs on Yankee soil...na confident be the key sah
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by alwaysmotivated(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2019
ericmor:

That is true and that is why u should reapply with the same document and procedure and one other thing that people don’t know that makes d consular refused them visa d second time
learnt something new today thanks for your input sir!
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by ericmor: 2:17pm On May 23, 2019
alwaysmotivated:

learnt something new today thanks for your input sir!

You are welcome sir/ma
Re: Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview by Xavi2019: 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
pansophist:

Hello, good evening..
I'd like to ask, how do one prove these ties for one applying for a student visa?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plastic Roads: The Possible End Of Pot Holes And Flood In Nigeria / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot / Operation Shark: Lagos Recovers Dump Truck From Lagoon (Videos, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.