Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly (33006 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Tinubu's Alpha Beta / Alpha Beta Speaks On New Lagos Land Use Law / Is Insertion Of Alpha Beta Consulting Justifiable In The Land Use Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
Kundagarten:
Am surprised Tinubu have not made Lagos broke through his phoney scam companies like Alpha Beta Visionscape etc.
Lagos is heavily indebted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by digitsolution: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
wow. never knew tinubu owns visionscape.

Check out my signature for promotional items for political campaigns, multinationals, product launch, businesses and so much more. Follow us on IG.

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by godofuck231: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Follygunners: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
9ja folks and gullibility are like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by delzbaba(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
we need a revolution in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by themanderon: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cold blooded crooks. They will always demand for more and more cos their ocean of greed cannot be satisfied. Awon ole buruku leaders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Sagay212: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:
Someone should probe Ambode's administration, now. undecided The probe should start from the amount spent to power street lights, to the increase in Land Use Charges. Fashola achieved so many great things in Lagos state, even when the federal allocation was withheld, yet he didn't resort to this outright daylight shakedown. angry

Ambode is running a govt of extortion. sad I know someone who was paying 78,000 naira as land use charge last year, who has now suddenly been billed 361,000 naira for this year alone. Where is the difference going to come from? Ambode has the guts to say only 300,000 people are affected by this change in Land Use Charges. Really? Is he talking about 300,000 landlords or 300,000 citizens or what? Is he saying that there are only 300,000 houses in the whole of Lagos state? Does he realise that an increase in Land Use Charges, will automatically lead to a hike in rents?

All the nonsense calculations he is making about the assessed Market Value of a building, is highly subjective. angry A building's value is only determined by whether there is a willing buyer and a willing seller relationship in place. Who are those that even compute the market value of a building, and what are the parameters used to assess it? undecided

I know a landlord who offered up a 4-flat storey building for sale, in the suburbs of Lagos. His estate agent placed a price tag of 30 million on it, as the market value of buildings in that same area. He eventually sold it for 18 million, because that is what sellers were willing to pay. So tell me, what was the basis of the assessed market value of such a house?

the daft followers will never question him... the animals will be chanting 'itesiwaju eko' like zombies and continue to suffer in the hands of evil politicians. Some crazy animals are already shouting ambode for second term. I don't know what the useless and 419 governor has done to deserve a second term.

You can imagine a country as backward as nigeria having time to organise award for any politician. Imagine claiming that there is a best governor is a shithole like nigeria and giving them awards. a country where politicians should be flogged mercilessly anywhere they are seen is giving stupid awards to politicians. Governor of the year my yansh.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
PaulOgrady:
Tinubu the owner of Alpha Beta continues to bleed Lagos dry. His people won't complain about it but would point fingers at Ibori.
bleed or provide services for a price
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Kundagarten:
Am surprised Tinubu have not made Lagos broke through his phoney scam companies like Alpha Beta and Visionscape etc.
His Alpha Beta company also collect tax on behalf of Lagos state, don't even mention tollgate fees all going to Tinubu's pocket.
cos he invests the money in much needed infrastructure
not houses in dubai

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Aremolekunowo(m): 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
TINUBU TINUBU TINUBU HOW MANY TIME DID I CALL YOU ? PLEASE REPENT NOW BECAUSE YOU WONT TAKE ALL THIS WEALTH TO HEAVEN O, BECAUSE IF YOU REFUSE TO CHANGE PEOPLES HEAD WILL FIGHT YOU AND YOUR CRONIES O. I DON TELL YOU MY OWN MIND O, IF YOU LIKE CONTINUE YOU WILL MEET YOUR OWN IN THE FRONT O.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by zanga420: 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
PaulOgrady:

Hypocrites of the highest order. They only notice corruption when the person is not from the South West.

yeah, so hypocritical, it's a matter of time, their cunning ways will catch up with them. They're the problem of Nigeria seriously

2 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by deomelllo: 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos,

Alpha Beta is active and doing the same thing in your SE villages, they have clients all over Nigeria so why are you village losers not crying and slapping your village governors for stealing your money and sharing it with Tinubu.

Bunch of illiterates and hypocrites..

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Kingbusssy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cooly100:

Just watch and see how those vultures from as far as Ilorin ans Oshogbo will ask you to go to your village if you don't like it...

Oshogbo bawo

Wetin nah??
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by VolvoS60(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
deomelllo:

I don't even see the issue people are crying over here. The language says AB or any other designated persons. The insertion did not preferences or arrogate anything special to AB, it just referenced AB because it's the company the state is dealing with a the moment and going further, it says or any other designated persons.

I'd understand if the language gave some kind of preference or privilege to AB.

This is a very silly outcry and baseless argument.

^^^^

Indeed.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by cutelover19(m): 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ogt1:
Despite Buhari's obvious failures, he has large followership in north, same way many 'lagosian elites' will die defending Tinubu even while BAT keeps converting the state to his personal property.

Mumuism isn't only due to lack of education; like Almajiris, like lagosians, former worship Bubu while the later asslick BAT.

Hello lalasticlala

A classic case of Stockholm syndrome

3 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Obdk: 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
LaudableXX:
Someone should probe Ambode's administration, now. undecided The probe should start from the amount spent to power street lights, to the increase in Land Use Charges. Fashola achieved so many great things in Lagos state, even when the federal allocation was withheld, yet he didn't resort to this outright daylight shakedown. angry

Ambode is running a govt of extortion. sad I know someone who was paying 78,000 naira as land use charge last year, who has now suddenly been billed 361,000 naira for this year alone. Where is the difference going to come from? Ambode has the guts to say only 300,000 people are affected by this change in Land Use Charges. Really? Is he talking about 300,000 landlords or 300,000 citizens or what? Is he saying that there are only 300,000 houses in the whole of Lagos state? Does he realise that an increase in Land Use Charges, will automatically lead to a hike in rents?

All the nonsense calculations he is making about the assessed Market Value of a building, is highly subjective. angry A building's value is only determined by whether there is a willing buyer and a willing seller relationship in place. Who are those that even compute the market value of a building, and what are the parameters used to assess it? undecided

I know a landlord who offered up a 4-flat storey building for sale, in the suburbs of Lagos. His estate agent placed a price tag of 30 million on it, as the market value of buildings in that same area. He eventually sold it for 18 million, because that is what sellers were willing to pay. So tell me, what was the basis of the assessed market value of such a house?

thr was never a time lagos state allocation waa witheld. rather it was local council allocation.
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by LaudableXX: 12:24am On Mar 08, 2018
surgical:
it will take special grace of God to liberate lagosians from the shackles of their oppressors ,the Yoruba's in Lagos can't do it because of their present way of thinking, they will need help from other right thinking nigerians
I trust those Yoruba people. undecided They know how to deal with those who give them 'problems.' Na person wey born troublesome pikin, na im dey checkmate the trouble wey di pikin go cause for am. sad
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 08, 2018
PaulOgrady:
Tinubu the owner of Alpha Beta continues to bleed Lagos dry. His people won't complain about it but would point fingers at Ibori.
Lagosians are under enslavement from Tifnubu. He cornered all the prime land and property,collect their taxes through Alpha Beta,and tolls them through his Lebaneses business partner company Hi-tech construction. Even the British colonial leaders were never this greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 08, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Alpha Beta that almost cost Fashola second term
Ambode has no backbone unlike Fashola. Anything Tifnubu tells him to do to fatten his pocket like increase toll gates,vehicle registration and land use tax he obeys.

2 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by October1960: 3:24am On Mar 08, 2018
One day Nigerians will rise up against these crooks from both political parties. It will be very violent.
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by naijaking1: 3:41am On Mar 08, 2018
LaudableXX:

When did you wake up with wisdom?
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 08, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
I noticed Yoruba people are avoiding this thread like poo, wetin happen
They have been jazzed

2 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 08, 2018
Sagay212:

the daft followers will never question him... the animals will be chanting 'itesiwaju eko' like zombies and continue to suffer in the hands of evil politicians. Some crazy animals are already shouting ambode for second term. I don't know what the useless and 419 governor has done to deserve a second term.

You can imagine a country as backward as nigeria having time to organise award for any politician. Imagine claiming that there is a best governor is a shithole like nigeria and giving them awards. a country where politicians should be flogged mercilessly anywhere they are seen is giving stupid awards to politicians. Governor of the year my yansh.
cry

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 08, 2018
sotall:
Mistake my foot!

Alpha beta is owned by Tinubu....it's no mistake
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by Politicowizard(m): 6:58am On Mar 08, 2018
Broad day robbery. Useless house of assembly members, oiling the financial wheels of one greedy man. Coming to tell us it was a mistake is an insult to our sensibilities. And on the other hand, it shows that these house members are nothing but ass-lickers, under the full clutch of one greedy fellow. The interest of lagosians does not count. Where is humanity in this set of people?
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by doctokwus: 7:53am On Mar 08, 2018
freeze001:
Since the local champion couldn't break fully into the national scene and coffers, Lagos will pay the price cos the rootten-toothed vampire has returned with a vengeance! He needs to bleed the state more to beef up election coffers of his Fulani masters unto say e go 'beta' for am... cheesy
A man built on a foundation of corruption in support of a brain challenged president.
Tinubu has so brainwashed some Lagosians as Buhari has brainwashed some 'certificated almajiris' that one sometimes just has to sit back and enjoy the laugh.

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by eagleeye2: 9:25am On Mar 08, 2018
I just noticed that one id1ot up there by the name of deo something has been trying all his possible best to gain attention on this thread. But, people are too angry to pay him any heed. He is equally trying to derail the thread by mentioning IP0B and Igbo, still no one is looking his side.
Let them continue blaming others. Issorite.

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by yemi15(m): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2018

1 Like

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by LaudableXX: 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
themanderon:
Cold blooded crooks. They will always demand for more and more cos their ocean of greed cannot be satisfied. Awon ole buruku leaders.

Do you even know what is so painful? It is the stuvpid lies that members of Ambode's administration are circulating, in a bid to justify the increase in Land Use Charges. See what Kehinde bamigbetan and others are saying. It would make you puke! sad

The Lagos State Government on Wednesday, clarified the figures circulating in the media, on the rate for the newly reviewed Land Use Charge Law of 2018, saying many of the numbers were based on several years of arrears on the levy, not paid by affected property owners.

Speaking at a news briefing held at the Bagauda Kaltho Press Centre in Alausa, Ikeja, the State’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Kehinde Bamigbetan said there were so many misconceptions and misinformation about the new law, adding that the law was a progressive enactment duly made by the House of Assembly and handed over to the Executive for implementation in the overall interest of the people.

He specifically dismissed the humongous figures being bandied about on the social media, saying many of the calculations were based on arrears of many years of non-payment.

“The second important part is that a lot of relieves have been built into the law but many people are confusing arrears with the actual figure. If you see those figures, ask whether it is for one year or arrears of several years of non-payment. The humongous figures that are being bandied around particularly in the social media relate to the arrears of many years of non-payment which are computed together,” Bamigbetan said.

..... Responding to fears of tenants that the new Law might force landlords to increase rent, Ashade said aside the fact that the Lagos State Tenancy Law 2011 was still in force, the incidence of payment for Land Use Charge under the new law is on the Landlord and not the tenant.
https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2018/03/07/land-use-charge-outrageous-amount-in-circulation-unfounded-based-on-arrears-lasg/

It is disgraceful to see a man of Bamigbetan's calibre telling such bold faced lies. angry Which dirty, stuvpid "arrears of many years of non-payment," is he referring to? shocked Most of those people I know, who have been bombarded with humongous increases in Land Use Charges this year, have not defaulted on paying any of their LUC fees in the previous years, so what nonsense are they talking about?

In my estate, if you do not pay your Land Use Charge, a huge sticker alleging you have defaulted with a big red 'X' on it, is pasted right across your gate! And if the default continues, you see their officials stopping by to threaten defaulters, with fire and brimstone! shocked

My friend's mum who is a pensioner in Lekki, sends her LUC bill to her son's office annually, so that it can be processed and paid for her, as she is too elderly to handle all that stress on her own. And every year, that LUC is paid as and when due, without fail! sad But this year, her LUC bill was increased from 78,000 naira per annum to almost 400,000 naira annually! how can they justify such a huge ridiculous increase? And the only explanation they can give is to say that, it is due to "arrears of many years of non-payment!"

The day God starts exacting punishment on people for lies, Lagosians would pity those in Ambode's current cabinet undecided.
Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by double0seven(m): 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
deomelllo:

I don't even see the issue people are crying over here. The language says AB or any other designated persons. The insertion did not preferences or arrogate anything special to AB, it just referenced AB because it's the company the state is dealing with a the moment and going further, it says or any other designated persons.

I'd understand if the language gave some kind of preference or privilege to AB.

This is a very silly outcry and baseless argument.

You must be very stupid for taking people on the platform to be fools.

We are talking about Lagos State law here, not come contact agreement terms

2 Likes

Re: Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly by mindtricks: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
PaulOgrady:

May your days be long!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Lands In Osun State Ahead Of Oyetola's Inauguration (Photos) / Alex Badeh's Death: Dogara, Shehu Sani, FFK React / Nnamdi Kanu's Wife Delivers A Bouncing Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.