Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly (1605 Views)

Lizard Scare In Unilorin : Students And Lecturers Run For Their Lives / LAUTECH Vs UNILORIN: Students Battle On Twitter / Unilorin Students Disrupt Lecturer's Class To Celebrate Nigeria's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by KennyEugene(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
I got this question paper from a friend who sat for this exam today, and all I felt for her was pity; not that I'm not confident that she'll pass the paper though, but the fact that it makes no sense for a lecturer to set questions of this level of difficulty for undergraduates. It kills me to see some lecturer advertently want to ruin the life of students and make studying unbearable for them. I just hope some of the students that sat for this paper today will have the courage to let the Head of the Department of English, or the Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ilorin, know the peril they are in before it is going to be too late. If not, majority of them will fail the course, and that is an automatic spillover - extra year.

Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by Treasure17(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lol. The only question that's kind of difficult is number one and besides it says you either use your research topic or a choice of interest.
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by Skyken99(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Op.. I hope they were taught.. If so.. I don't think its a big deal....

You cannot judge the lecturer since u were not taught the course..

Example.
If u see ordinary test Question we wrote some weeks ago... U will pity us.. Bt we that sat for the class will know what we were asked to do.

Bt u that will see the Question, will be battling to just understand it.

Number 1 Question is funny tho 10pages alone for Question
1 where u Still have 4 more questions for 2½hours

1 Like

Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by czarina(f): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
It is well.

Check my signature if you live in Jos and environs
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by majorgr: 12:34am On Mar 08, 2018
What are you complaining here? Im not from ur department but i can give detailed answers in almost all the questions. Which kind lazyness is this? When you ought to have figured out your topic long ago and started working on it see now slothfulness delayed you. I think for a final year student this is really a test of your independence and u flunked it thoroughly. One thing i notice with Unilorin students is that cbt exams are killing all your creativity and use of writing skills. U could imagine that a msc Scholar couldn't even construct a well written letter cuz all her life in the university has been CBT exams with fewer writen ones.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by giddykay: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2018
majorgr:
What are you complaining here? Im not from ur department but i can give detailed answers in almost all the questions. Which kind lazyness is this? When you ought to have figured out your topic long ago and started working on it see now slothfulness delayed you. I think for a final year student this is really a test of your independence and u flunked it thoroughly. One thing i notice with Unilorin students is that cbt exams are killing all your creativity and use of writing skills. U could imagine that a msc Scholar couldn't even construct a well written letter cuz all her life in the university has been CBT exams with fewer writen ones.
I think you are right bro
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by oluwasore1: 11:07am On Mar 08, 2018
Skyken99:
Op.. I hope they were taught.. If so.. I don't think its a big deal....

You cannot judge the lecturer since u were not taught the course..

Example.
If u see ordinary test Question we wrote some weeks ago... U will pity us.. Bt we that sat for the class will know what we were asked to do.

Bt u that will see the Question, will be battling to just understand it.

Number 1 Question is funny tho 10pages alone for Question
1 where u Still have 4 more questions for 2½hours
its people like you that will never read the exam instructions
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by Skyken99(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2018
oluwasore1:

its people like you that will never read the exam instructions

Lwkmd.

Compulsory 1 and any other 2!

Wait o.. Dont tell me that ur first comment in nairaland is telling Me my mistake.
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
The questions are not difficult.If you can answer question 1 correctly,then you can scale through others with ease.
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by RedDistrict: 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
The questions are fair enough, you should be able to attempt them
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by segzy17: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
In how many hours?
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by Nutase: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
What's difficult in that?? You think you're in high school??

1 Like

Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by colourSd: 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
These questions are not difficult, come to faculty of Arts in LASU, if you see question, you will run.
Re: The Ordeals Of Unilorin Students: How Lecturers Kill Students Slowly by Ikemefuna44: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
That's Professor Medubi. She takes research methodology for final year students. I also did the course: 2012/2013.
If you attend her class and study hard, you will DEFINITELY pass.
I 'B'ed the course.
OP, your complaint does not hold water.

(1) (Reply)

FG, ASUU Continue Negotiation Today / ASUU Strike: FG Gets Fresh Conditions Hours To 5pm Meeting Today / LAUTECH 300L Engineering Student,seun Olagbende Builds A Home Automation System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.