Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Another Animal May Have Swallowed $150,000 At Athletics Federations Of Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Another Animal May Have Swallowed $150,000 At Athletics Federations Of Nigeria (305 Views)

Govt.will No Longer Invest In Excesses Of Sports Federations–minister Of Sports / Photos : MFM FC Has Won The Lagos State Federations Cup / Meet Femita Ayanbeku, Physically Challenged Nigerian, Represents US In Athletics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Animal May Have Swallowed $150,000 At Athletics Federations Of Nigeria by ijustdey: 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
By Ifreke Inyang 

The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has mistakenly paid the Athletics Federations of Nigeria (AFN) $150,000 (over N54million) instead of $15,000 (over N5million).

The money was a grant for 2017 and the body is demanding for the balance of $135,000 (over N48million) to be returned.

However, the AFN claim they don’t know where the money went.

Explaining the issue, AFN Vice President, Olamide George told The Guardian: “I think the money came just when we were taking over from the past administration.

“But the truth is that it is only the AFN secretary who knows how he received the IAAF money.

“If the money was paid into AFN account, it could have gone through the Treasury Single Account (TSA). I am sure the secretary used his personal account to collect the money from IAAF, which I think is wrong.

“The secretary was transferred from AFN before, but the sports minister (Solomon Dalung) brought him back. They should tell Nigerians what happened to the IAAF money.

“I cannot be part of AFN board and all sorts of things are happening behind the scene. We must not fold our hands until IAAF sanctions Nigeria because of this issue.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/07/another-animal-may-swallowed-150000-athletics-federations-nigeria/

lalasticlala
Re: Another Animal May Have Swallowed $150,000 At Athletics Federations Of Nigeria by luke55720: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
animals ti take over. FIFA better secure their trophy well oo

(1) (Reply)

Lokosa Scores 11th Goal As Pillars, Tornadoes Draw In Kano / France Coach: Pogba “Cannot Be Happy" At Manchester United / Knowledge Makes A Man Unfit To Be A Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.