Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" (587 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery Absorbs 3 Consecutive Set Of ATBU Engineering Graduates / Rejoinder Student That Fight Female Lecturer At Afe Babalola / Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" by seunH: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2018
For a start, I'm a 500 level Veterinary Medical student and our allowances are also higher, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give honor to whom honor is due. I personally have a deep and profound respect for Engineers, sincerely it is not easy. From experience so far, you can survive in medical school (I studied Human Anatomy in my first degree) if you have a photographic memory, maybe have some little glitches in surgery but I doubt if photographic memory can help you in engineering school. For example, I was speaking to an engineering student and he was giving me an instance of the nature of their questions. He said in some courses, they just give the questions, NO formula !!!. You would have to think of the appropriate formula to use, derive the formula yourself before finally applying it to solve the question. With due respect, a dullard cannot do the above rather it takes someone with a high IQ. That is why I will always duff my hat for a 1st class engineering student. Furthermore inasmuch as we need doctors we also need engineers even more (my opinon tho), How? The last time I went to the hospital for treatment without exaggeration was more than 5yrs ago, not that I didn't fall sick but most of us still have an idea of what to do if we fall sick it is only if serious we go to the hospital. But for engineering can you count the amount of times you've visited a mechanic, electrician or even a generator repairer just this year? I'm sure we know the answer. The OP has a lot of valid points in his topic "Injustice to Engineering Graduate, Corper". But the problem facing their profession is QUACKERY and INACTION from the part of their association. If laws can be put in place, for example: ensuring all mechanic workshops are duely registered and licensed and the requirement is at least one B Tech or B Engineering holder incharge of that place, imagine the demand we would have for engineers (especially now that cars are getting advanced by the day). Also for civil engineering, No Building or construction should be approved by the government without showing the list of those who would work on the site, which must include a licensed civil engineer (B Tech or B Engineering). And many more opportunities I believe engineers and engineering students can add. In conclusion if the above is done, the demand for engineers both Nysc and Post Nysc would increase and their dues would be duly paid. Thank you
Re: A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" by thankyouJesus(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
I've nothing to write but maybe the next person will do. It's actually rejoinder not rejoiner.
Re: A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" by seunH: 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
thankyouJesus:
I've nothing to write but maybe the next person will do. It's actually rejoinder not rejoiner.
Thanks so much, I'll make the correction ASAP

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
So what should those in Pure Sciences say?? Those in the Social sciences, Arts, Administration, Agriculture, those who manage and design the environment and lots more.. Every discipline is as important to our health, to making advancements in Engineering and in all spheres of all life. In saner climes, you don't pride one over the other, you just give each one their dues..

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" by seunH: 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
Peterjosh:
So what should those in Pure Sciences say?? Those in the Social sciences, Arts, Administration, Agriculture, those who manage and design the environment and lots more.. Every discipline is as important to our health, to making advancements in Engineering and in all spheres of all life. In saner climes, you don't pride one over the other, you just give each one their dues..
I totally agree with you, infact I was still discussing this issue with my wife. In Nigeria, they make it look like a crime if you did not study a so called "professional course". From your family to school down to NYSC discrimination everywhere. Abroad people pride themselves studying botany, zoology etc, in fact you would even see a highschool student saying we wants to study biology in the university, but in Nigeria such courses are for those who wanted professional courses but couldn't get it, forgetting that all courses have their role to play in the society. I just did this topic to take out time to appreciate our engineers because the discrimination they face is too much. Let us look at it together, think about it, is it right for a Civil engineer to be teaching maths in a primary school or even a mechanical or chemical engineerhabaaaa. So that's it my friend, I totally agree that all courses are important for the development of our society.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" by CodeTemplar: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
Engineering is difficult indeed but medicine is almost as difficult.

(1) (Reply)

How To Check 2018 JAMB Result Online / NANS Ondo Axis Finally Writes Akeredolu Over Fee Hike / University Of Ibadan Advises 408 Students To Withdraw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.