Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Discriminations Against Muslims... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Discriminations Against Muslims... (8104 Views)

This Man Is Calling For Genocide Against Muslims In Nigeria(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discriminations Against Muslims... by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Muslims and discrimination

A Muslim is simply one who submits totally to the ruling of Allah through the final Messenger Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam). However, the ways of the Prophets right from the time of the first Messenger Prophet Nuh (Noah, Alayhi salam) is a strange way and a lot of people will find you strange when you do things that go contrary to what’s in vogue or their own religious/cultural views, etc.

It was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

In a society that claim the freedom of religion in its constitution but clearly some Muslims are still being discriminated. The senate recently rejected a bill to amend the constitution regarding NYSC dress especially for female Muslims. We also are well aware of the various Hijab sagas around the country! It is really saddening!

When looking for Jobs:

“You won’t be employed, with this your beards, Khimar, Nifsu-sak (i.e.“jumping trousers”)….This is so common and a lot of our brothers & sisters have compromised their religion for jobs. We have sisters who turned Khimar to Scarf or to nothing at all and brothers shaving off the beard, etc.

So many forms of abuse and name-calling. All goes well as far as you do not ascribe your beard to Islam. However, as soon as you ascribe it to Islam, then the discrimination begins. It also goes for Nifsu-Sak. The Jumping trouser is a style in many climes but try ascribing it to Islam…
In addition, many of our sisters have been called masquerades, etc. just because they refuse to follow the norms of appearing outside as a mere tool of sex appeal to males. Sisters are seldom accepted for most jobs except they compromise their Hijabs. We are talking about the recommended Khimar which hides all the shapes and body of a woman and not the bogus varieties we see now and then.

On the Job:

Some jobs would not let you pray at the prevailing time of prayer. Therefore, some Muslims would have to combine the Prayers later when they have time. This big error can let Islam slip out of you without you knowing. Prayer is meant for a particular time and is no more needed if one leaves it because of work!

It is not permissible to delay prayers beyond the time when they are due, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, As Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As Salaah (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaah (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell”
[Maryam 19:59]

And also Allah says:
"Men whom neither trade nor sale (business) diverts from the remembrance of Allaah (with heart and tongue) nor from performing As Salaah (Iqaamat as Salaah) nor from giving the Zakaah. They fear a Day when hearts and eyes will be overturned (out of the horror of the torment of the Day of Resurrection).
That Allaah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace. And Allaah provides without measure to whom He wills”
[al-Noor 24:37-38]

What kind of Job:

Some jobs are not meant for Muslims. Jobs that includes or is connected to gambling, betting, Alcohol sales, Riba (interest), fornication, network marketing, jobs that prevents you from prayer, or jobs that prevents you from appearing as a Muslim. Bank jobs are never appropriate for a Muslim except for the Jaiz bank or similar banks if any. Muslim sisters, who intend to seek for white-collar jobs would no doubt in most cases (if not all cases) compromise the religion.

The dressing:

Have you ever heard someone calling you “tebliq” before? You would be familiar with the name if you are on ‘’nifsu-sak” .i.e. the shortened garment/trouser. Calling Muslims with jumping trouser Tebliq shows how ignorant such caller is. Tabligh is a Muslim sect that appears with “Nifsu-sak” and believes compulsorily & erroneously in going out for dawah, etc. and not all Muslims belongs to this sect.
So many forms of abuse and name-calling. All goes well as far as you do not ascribe your beard to Islam. However, as soon as you ascribe it to Islam, then the discrimination begins. Same goes for Nifsu-Sak. The Jumping trouser is a style in many climes but try ascribing it to Islam…
In addition, many of our sisters have been called masquerades, etc. just because they refuse to follow the norms of appearing outside as a mere tool of sex appeal to males. Sisters are seldom accepted for most jobs except they compromise their Hijabs. We are talking about the recommended Khimar which hides all the shapes and body of a woman and not the bogus varieties we see now and then.
Many women have been discouraged that they will not get husbands because of their Hijab. Ladies in Hijab are covered women who neither free-mix with strange men nor have boyfriends.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: I was behind the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) one day and he said: “O young man, I shall teach you some words (of advice): be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the nation were to gather to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already decreed for you, and that if they were to gather together to harm you with anything, they would only harm you with something Allah had already decreed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.”
Narrated by at-Tirmidhi, 2516; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.

Times of Trials, tribulations and Misfortunes:

At such times Muslims are to have patience in Allah and to seek help from Him Alone. Here you see people advising you to take an extra step. Go out and commit Kufr/Shirk. Visit the soothsayer or fortuneteller to know the cause of your predicament. And this is disbelief.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested.
And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)”
[al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3]

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabiroon (the patient).
Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’
They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”
[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

Sometimes Allaah tests His slaves with calamities; when they commit sin, He punishes them with calamities so that they might come back to him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much”
[al-Shoora 42:30]

“And indeed We seized them with punishment, but they humbled not themselves to their Lord, nor did they invoke (Allaah) with submission to Him” [al-Mu’minoon 23:76]

Sometimes Allaah tests His slaves with calamities in order to raise them in status and to expiate for their sins, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“No misfortune or disease befalls a Muslim, no worry or grief or harm or distress – not even a thorn that pricks him – but Allaah will expiate for some of his sins because of that.” (Agreed upon. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5641)

Islam and terrorism

Right from the 911 attack on US, Islam has come under intense criticism. Any suspect with as little as a Muslim name is termed a terrorist while others may be termed suffering from one kind of psychotic tendencies! Only Muslims are terrorists! One who calls Muslims terrorist must be an ignoramus who is oblivious of the facts from happenings around the world.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) ruled Madinah when there were many Jewish tribes living there, and he established a constitution between him and them which required all citizens to defend the state and strive together for its wellbeing, and granted security to them, their property and their children, with freedom of worship, trade and travel. They mixed with the Muslims to such an extent that they used to invite the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) to meals in their homes, and he would accept their invitations. He (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) also gave them the right to judge matters amongst themselves according to their own laws.
This is how the Rightly Guided Caliphs who succeeded him also acted; they did not shed anyone’s blood on the basis of identity, ethnicity or religion. Rather they resisted the aggression of hostile parties, supported those who were weak and oppressed in the land, and strove to spread the religion of Allah, call people to Him and tell them about Him.

The evil of some "Muslims"

Some "Muslims" are the enemy of Pristine Islam. These "Muslims" are the the ones who do not use the hijab and hence will fight against all sisters using Hijab. A similar case can be expanded to beards and Nifsu-sak. "Am i also not a Muslim?" "Must you use this long Hijab?". "Your trouser can still come down but just don't step on it"....and similar funny excuses. And some will even make fun of Islam.

That is one of the things that nullify a person’s Islam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed”

[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Making fun of Allaah, His Signs and His Messenger is kufr (disbelief) and the one who does that disbelieves thereby after he had believed.”

The same applies to making fun of some Sunnahs, an action which is widespread, such as making fun of the beard and the hijaab, or of shortening one’s garment, etc.

We ask Allah to grant us steadfastness & help from Himself and also the understanding of pristine Islam!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Lukgaf(m): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2018
JazakumLah khaeran, I wonder why they ask the military men to save thier beards. Do they mean their beard will not allow them to shoot? Mtcheew

Also, do you know Hijab muslims are fighting for despite our population in Nigeria are allowed freely here in South Africa with not more than 5% muslims of the total population. You will see sisters in Niqob studying in University and working as government workers without any discrimination. May Allah save us in this country of ours.

but wait, I wonder why some non Muslims go against Hijab for muslim female students. Pls Na there head they put am? Haaa haa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:11am On Mar 09, 2018
Lukgaf:
JazakumLah khaeran, I wonder why they ask the military men to save thier beards. Do they mean their beard will not allow them to shoot? Mtcheew

Also, do you know Hijab muslims are fighting for despite our population in Nigeria are allowed freely here in South Africa with not more than 5% muslims of the total population. You will see sisters in Niqob studying in University and working as government workers without any discrimination. May Allah save us in this country of ours.

but wait, I wonder why some non Muslims go against Hijab for muslim female students. Pls Na there head they put am? Haaa haa

Exactly, i wonder wetin concern them. When you dress nude about and someone decided to cover up then you say you are feeling oppressed! What? I think it's shear insanity for a lady in tight fittings or exposed body parts to feel oppressed by a lady totally covered in Hijab!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Egein(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2018
a
Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by oweniwe(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2018
What about discrimination against non Moslems and non indegenes in Muslim dominated areas?

Sometimes muslims behave like women... sad

When the system suit them or is tailored in their favour, they will lord their advantage with very strong hand over everything and everybody.

But when they can't have things as they wish, they will start playing victim mentality in order to gather unmerited sympathy

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by haconjy(m): 9:33am On Mar 09, 2018
Its stupidity write up.... Are u really discriminated?
The best thing u must done to avoid this is setting up your job, schools and others...

Don't forget Nigeria is a secular country...

Don't ever say that u are discriminated again cause your people rule Nigeria and also in nairaland where non Muslim ☪ cant comment.... Christian ✝ and others are out of your thread, what do u call that?

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Mobsync(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2018
I didn't even bother reading the writeup because I know it will be full of hypocrisy.

You mentioned Muslims being discriminated when it is Muslims themselves that are discriminating against others.

I am a Muslim myself and the major reason I stopped commenting or viewing the Islam for Muslims section is that creed you have to make everyone sign because they can comment.

If we Muslims on Nairaland stop discriminating against other Muslims or and non-Muslims here, I will start taking you serious.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by wasak(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2018
You find the discrimination even among Muslim-owned organizations. If Muslims do not support and encourage one another, who will? If all Muslims were to speak with one voice. It would literally be impossible for anyone to discriminate against us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by muthmayinnah: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2018
THE PROBLEM MUSLIM HAS IS MUSLIM.

4 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2018
Always playing the victim card,
On Nairaland, I have a accept am a Muslim before posting on this thread, but anyone can post anything on Christain threads.

Christians in the north have been killed by Muslims, what did you guys say or do?
I watched a video on youtube of a woman who was burnt alive because someone accused her of throwing the Quran in a trash bin.

8 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by mmsen: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2018
oweniwe:
What about discrimination against non Moslems and non indegenes in Muslim dominated areas?

Sometimes muslims behave like women... sad

When the system suit them or is tailored in their favour, they will lord their advantage with very strong hand over everything and everybody.

But when they can't have things as they wish, they will start playing victim mentality in order to gather unmerited sympathy

It's not sometimes, it's always.

This topic is hilarious. The discrimination caused by muslims is infinitely worse than that suffered by muslims at the hands of so-called kufr.

4 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Fulaman198(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2018
tintingz:
Discrimination occur in every system be it race, tribe, religion, class etc. What could cause this if not superiority.

When it comes to religion, Islam take most of it in discrimination, the question is why Islam out of thousands religion out there?

1. The bad eggs have damage the image of the religion. E.g terrorism. But these terrorists are not just acting without a guide.

2. Majority muslims still behave and reason like archaic individual, they refuse to evolve with the world, because a book said the world is nothing.
Some of their behaviors are offensive.

3. The media is another cause to this but the media are not all wrong.

These are what I could think of, there shouldn't be any playing-victim-card here, we're all victims of discrimination or can be victim of discrimination, even in muslims countries they discriminate non-muslims, the OP shouldn't be sentimental.

A very bigoted statement with no educational basis to back it up.

The reason why Islam gets unjust hatred is the same reason why black people get unjust hatred worldwide. Simply put, the Western White-controlled bigoted media.

What's even worse is that a lot of you hypocrites support the white supremacists agenda.

3 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Fulaman198(m): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2018
haconjy:
Its stupidity write up.... Are u really discriminated?
The best thing u must done to avoid this is setting up your job, schools and others...

Don't forget Nigeria is a secular country...

Don't ever say that u are discriminated again cause your people rule Nigeria and also in nairaland where non Muslim ☪ cant comment.... Christian ✝ and others are out of your thread, what do u call that?

What kind of nonsense are you spewing? Many of you do comment and usually what comes out of your mouths regarding Islam is some of the most hateful things I have ever seen. Is that what your religion teaches you? To be hateful individuals?

7 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by BenzEne1(m): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Exactly, i wonder wetin concern them. When you dress nude about and someone decided to cover up then you say you are feeling oppressed! What? I think it's shear insanity for a lady in tight fittings or exposed body parts to feel oppressed by a lady totally covered in Hijab!

Salaam.
I think it has to do with folks misconstruing practices of the west as the only form of civilization. I had a typical case with both lecturers and students at Uniben referring to me as Boko, just because I left whatever was going on at class for Jumuah or that I put on Jelab.

The christians especially abhor muslims. Criticise us in a hypocritical fashion. We cannot deny that some muslims are actually bad. But that should not be a yardstick to generalize.

They make.jest on sisters, calling them masquerades. If you keep a beard because of Islam its wrong. If you keep beards conventionally its nice.

Hypocrisy plagues the mind of most Kaafir against Islam. This has got to end.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2018
BenzEne1:

Salaam.
I think it has to do with folks misconstruing practices of the west as the only form of civilization. I had a typical case with both lecturers and students at Uniben referring to me as Boko, just because I left whatever was going on at class for Jumuah or that I put on Jelab.

The christians especially abhor muslims. Criticise us in a hypocritical fashion. We cannot deny that some muslims are actually bad. But that should not be a yardstick to generalize.

They make.jest on sisters, calling them masquerades. If you keep a beard because of Islam its wrong. If you keep beards conventionally its nice.

Exactly, this is the motive for this post!

Hypocrisy plagues the mind of most Kaafir against Islam. This has got to end.
Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by haconjy(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Fulaman198:

What kind of nonsense are you spewing? Many of you do comment and usually what comes out of your mouths regarding Islam is some of the most hateful things I have ever seen. Is that what your religion teaches you? To be hateful individuals?

Mumuni have I condemn you or am telling you the truth...

You want everything and u can never have everything... Its not possible... Until when u look beyond Islamic religion, then u spew rubbish...

Am Christian, I mean staunch Christian ✝... I want out... Out

3 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by anibirelawal(m): 11:17am On Mar 09, 2018
winj3:
Please get the definition of a Muslim correct - You lie about "A Muslim is simply one who submits totally to the ruling of Allah through the final Messenger Muhammad"

A Muslim is a m0nkey who was brainwashed by a rapist, pedophile terrorist called Muhammad into spreading the same backward ideology and filth from 6th century into the 21st century!

Antar Mugafar... tongue

1 Like

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by bobokeshington: 11:32am On Mar 09, 2018
JESUS IS LORD! ACCEPT HIM NOW AND YOU'LL BE SAVED

8 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by tintingz(m): 11:38am On Mar 09, 2018
Fulaman198:

A very bigoted statement with no educational basis to back it up.

The reason why Islam gets unjust hatred is the same reason why black people get unjust hatred worldwide. Simply put, the Western White-controlled bigoted media.

What's even worse is that a lot of you hypocrites support the white supremacists agenda.
There is no bigoted statement in my post, what I posted is not sentimental nor bias, read it again and tell me if I'm one sided.
Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Fulaman198(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
tintingz:
There is no bigoted statement in my post, what I posted is not sentimental nor bias, read it again and tell me if I'm one sided.

The funny thing is that you are so blind and bigoted that you don't even realise what a bigoted statement is anymore.

Do you have actual data that supplements your statements? If not, then yes, you are a bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by Fulaman198(m): 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
haconjy:

Mumuni have I condemn you or am telling you the truth...

You want everything and u can never have everything... Its not possible... Until when u look beyond Islamic religion, then u spew rubbish...

Am Christian, I mean staunch Christian ✝... I want out... Out

No, you are not telling the truth because you yourself are honest with yourself.

Christians on NL behave like charlatans and hypocrites. Most, not all say very distasteful things about Islam. You are not an exception.

Do you look at yourself in the mirror each day you wake up and think of yourself as a good person? Because if you do, then you are doing your religion wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by tintingz(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2018
Fulaman198:

The funny thing is that you are so blind and bigoted that you don't even realise what a bigoted statement is anymore.

Do you have actual data that supplements your statements? If not, then yes, you are a bigot.
> There are bad eggs among muslims = Fact!

> Majority muslims behavior and reasoning are archaic = Fact!

> The media are involve = Fact!

So tell me where my post is a bigoted statement?

5 Likes

Re: Discriminations Against Muslims... by tintingz(m): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

I find muslim women covering thier face offensive.

A lady dressing nude or dress all covered up is no one business, they have their right, it's their business when she wants apply for a job that has a dress code.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Art In Islam / Definition and the Meaning of “Islam” – Imam Ibn Baz (rahimahullaah) / Need A Muslim Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.