Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel (15694 Views)

When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? / 7 Mistakes To Avoid When Booking A Flight / What's Your Worst Experience In A Nigerian Hotel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by kuuljay(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Is AC working?
Is your standby generator working 247 if there is no NEPA?
Intercom working?
Swimming pool?
Sound proof doors and windows?
TV sets working?
Refrigerators nko?
Bar kwa?

Etc etc neglect these questions and regret your stay,I remember when mosquitoes nearly finished me at abuja Sheraton, I call them tire them no show face

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by Godsknight(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
Check for bed bugs in d mattress..
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by maclatunji: 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
okomile:
Make sure you get to the hotel before you pay incase you are looking for a cheap place. Some are scammed. I have an event somewhere at moshalashi by mushin. I goggle up vintage suites at 15 Akinhanmi St. I called and was told to transfer the amount which I did. I got to the hotel, and I was shocked when I was told that I have been scammed. I complained to the management and was asked for the bank details which was in diamond bank. Till now, my 8k has not been paid back. Will never fall for such again. Be on guard

Akinhami street brings back memories.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by classicalbenson(m): 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2018
I want were I go carry girl go may father no go see me
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by Yankee101: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
In Nigeria security/safety is #1

1 Like

Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by TourismMan(m): 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
As a tourism expert (student), this is basically my area. I can write better than this.
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by fragrant(f): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
check if the AC and water heater are functional also security and price. Very important.
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by 2shur: 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
na to carry diluted sniper
snipe d whole room.
smoke enuf s.k
go to the hotel bar.
drink enuf.relax
aft 2hrs.go sleep
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by samvega: 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
My major concern
is Shower working well?
Is toilet flushing well?
Dont be distracted by chilly Ac and Big flat screen, Go strait to the Bathroom first

2 Likes

Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by door2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
security ko?
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by paix(m): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
MhizzAJ:
Okay

Lemme inform my boyfriend
Hope he's not there already with another woman.
Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by AlphaTaikun: 5:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Opinionated:

While searching a Nigerian hotel, you have to struggle hard to choose the hotel of your choice as you will be faced with a wide array of choices. Choosing the one that meets your needs and requirements out of the available options can prove to be a difficult task. Jumia Travel presents a quick checklist you can seek for while booking a suitable Nigerian hotel online.

Facilities

There are some hotels whose facilities are not up-to-scratch. They should have basic facilities like kids’ area and swimming pool if your trip is a family trip.While if your trip is intended for the business purpose, a Wifi connection along with other business level services may prioritise your list.

The location should be feasible and easily accessible to nearby picnic spots and other tourist attractions if you are planning a family outing. If your trip is for business purpose, then proximity to nearby town becomes crucial. Close proximity to various shopping sites and other amenities can also be a point setter in your preference list.

Reviews

Don’t miss out to check the reviews. Look out for reviews shared by various people who have stayed there to know whether their experience is good or bad. Online travel forums, hotel review sites and social media sites can help you in finding the one that you yearn for. There is the probability of finding a negative review too as it differs from person to person. Make a wise decision.

Accessibility

Easy accessibility by air, road or train along with parking facility is what one should look for. Availability of hotel shuttle service to the nearby airport, railway station and other tourist attractions can be a plus point. If not, easy accessibility to public transport should be there to make things more manageable. Size of accommodation along with other facilities and some sort of loyalty benefits are some other factors that you should consider.

Price factor

Before making a final decision, consider various other value-added services including laundry, extended hour room service etc that can make your stay more comfortable. Search for the hotel that offers attractive price with luxurious accommodation in your budget. You can also perform an online comparison of various available options.

Source: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel

Re: Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 01, 2023
Kaku86:
Me I just want to sleep and wake in peace.
In a quiet environment and on clean sheets.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Excluded As UAE Announces 5-Year Multiple-entry Tourist Visa / FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares / 6 Drown In Boat Mishap In Rivers State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.