Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (62139 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by golddealer(m): 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
Bros, abeg end am for 2k..... no let am pass 2k.

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
What a way to have a good night grin

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:16am On Mar 22, 2018

25 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:17am On Mar 22, 2018
golddealer:
Bros, abeg end am for 2k..... no let am pass 2k.

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
What a way to have a good night grin
You needed to hear when they were deliberating on whether to end trip at 2 k or not.

Man's pocket is not hot. grin

8 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by ashjay001(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:
The weirdest thing just happened 10 mins ago.

I finished buying fuel at Mobil fueling station maryland. I tried to start the car and it wouldn't. I knew it was battery head(terminal) that had shifted. I came down, fixed it and started the car. On zooming away from the station, i realized my 2nd phone was missing. What's happening. Looked around, felt around.... Nothing. Or did they play a fast one on me in that fueling station just now? Mobil fueling stations will always cheat you on fuel by about 500naira, have they added phone grabbing too? My head was racing with thoughts and i immediately veered off the road. Looked under my seat and saw a faint light. That must be my phone.

As I just stretch hand to remove the phone, what I heard was "bro how far nau" and the guy was opening my door and stepping into the car.... how far that what, from who, and for what?

Adrenaline, sixth sense, every instinctive sense in my body just kicked in.... I engaged the car in gear while stepping down on The accelerator and before his dirty yansh could touch down on the seat. "wait wait wait" he shouted... wait that what? wait for who? I stop for you? Me wey dey find my phone.... Wait, so that you pull a gun or knife on me and Rob me of my office? God will punish you.

I zoomed off.

Congrats! I hope, it was d phone sha?

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Cadec007(m): 12:27am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:

I finished buying fuel at Mobil fueling station maryland. I tried to start the car and it wouldn't. I knew it was battery head(terminal) that had shifted. I came down, fixed it and started the car. On zooming away from the station, i realized my 2nd phone was missing. What's happening. Looked around, felt around.... Nothing. Or did they play a fast one on me in that fueling station just now? Mobil fueling stations will always cheat you on fuel by about 500naira, have they added phone grabbing too? My head was racing with thoughts and i immediately veered off the road. Looked under my seat and saw a faint light. That must be my phone.

As I just stretch hand to remove the phone, what I heard was "bro how far nau" and the guy was opening my door and stepping into the car.... how far that what, from who, and for what?

Adrenaline, sixth sense, every instinctive sense in my body just kicked in.... I engaged the car in gear while stepping down on The accelerator and before his dirty yansh could touch down on the seat. "wait wait wait" he shouted... wait that what? wait for who? I stop for you? Me wey dey find my phone.... Wait, so that you pull a gun or knife on me and Rob me of my office? God will punish you.

I zoomed off.
hahahahahahahahahahah cant stop laughing
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by oswaggiee(m): 12:32am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:

I zoomed off.

LOOL, What a weird night!

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by jmanity: 3:52am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:

I zoomed off.

Be safe bro. So many criminal elements out there trying to reap where they didn't sow.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by missterious(f): 5:45am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3, what time do you close? You no dey sleep ni?

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 6:59am On Mar 22, 2018
missterious:
Romeo3, what time do you close? You no dey sleep ni?
I'm a witch grin

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by golddealer(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:
I'm a witch grin

For as long as you are making money grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:
I'm a witch grin
This is how most people hussle abroad,no time for sleep

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by maldox(m): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:

I zoomed off.

Always make sure you central locked especially at that ungodly hour.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:40am On Mar 22, 2018

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
I have finally created a Facebook page: Diary of A Lagos Uber Driver. Pls follow.

Instagram is waiting until I upload a picture before i can type. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by missterious(f): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:
I'm a witch grin
Lol
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by wwwtortoise(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
Can one register same car on uber and taxify?

If it's possible what are the pros and construction.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by stacyadams: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:
Wait.... What's wrong with all these mainland boys and their stupid belief that they need to feel among? Ehn hen... what is it gaaan sef? Apart from the fact that they hold the unenviable and unwanted body odour record, must you, must you try to pick sugar from a shelf thats above your reach?

They are the only ones that their 900naira trip will end, and they'll bring out their last 15k in heaven and on earth, recount it meticulously, and then pull out 1k, hand it over and be patiently waiting for change.... Why did you count all the money in your pocket first? what's wrong with you? angry

I carried one guy and his brother one day from egbeda to dopemu, they asked me to wait few minutes for them, i waited. They came back and asked me to drive them to "The place" restaurant on akowonjo road. We got there and they went in to get food.... Came out carrying more than 5 different nylon bags of food. Got into the car and i started moving back to their house I picked them from. Only for one of them to be asking the other one in yoruba, "elo la no nisiyi?" He replied, "ahh, ati no bi 10,000 naira"

Wait wait wait..... are 2 of you really mad? Did you both develop amnesia from the point of payment to the point of entering the car? You forgot how much food you bought? Them no give you receipt? Who una wan impress? Who asked you question, brother kofo? Who asked you? 10,000 naira that would have lasted you a week, you spent in seconds on lunch, and your dinner will be indomie.... indomie without egg? You have a problem..... Got home and their trip was 1,100, and they were like, "ko je ko to yen".... ko je ko to kini? are you sleep talking? how much did you want to pay before? 500?

The other day on taxify, picked up about 4 boys from ICM. Destination was Alagbado. I smiled.... Taxify Taxi is more expensive than uber, but due to ignorance, people prefer taxify because they erroneously think taxify is an indigenous company, and they are supporting made in Nigeria.. ... fa fa fa.... faul. They bought snacks that could not be more than 1500 in total. I could swear that they were taking selfies of themselves.... eating snacks.... in an e taxi, to go post on Instagram..... what is wrong with these people? issit by force ni? Who send you message?

We met traffic at agege.. I kept checking their fare. On taxify, you can check the current fare as the trip progresses. After almost 40 mins in traffic what I heard was "Bros, abeg end am for 2k..... no let am pass 2k." grin

It got to 2k and homeboys paid me, came down And continued on okada..... This thing no be for every body nau....
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Olatoman(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
Romeo3:

I zoomed off.

Ose Eyan Paul Walker

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by chinchunchu: 7:27am On Mar 23, 2018
Romeo3...pls I need a car to drive...can you link me up pls...experienced on both platform...thanks

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by PharmAlfred: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2018
Romeo3, it looks like you want to stop posting your stories here. I hope you always copy this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 9:12am On Mar 23, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2018

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by d4real890(m): 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
Romeo3:
One cool Friday afternoon, i had just done a 3,000 naira trip to Gowon estate. Was still within the estate when i received another request. The day wasn't looking bad at all. I navigated to the rider's location. Was a young chap who helped request for his uncle and his family. Was looking so excited... All these people sef. Small thing can excite them. "Huber ni" "won ma wa gbe e ni le"..... grin See him happily pointing To The spot where i'm to park. I just reckoned that his uncle must be a JJC to uber, as per uber operations.

Wetin concern me?.... I opened the boot for them to pack their yam and etcetera. They hopped in, man and wife and 3 children. destination; Ikorodu. Halleluyah. grin Google map was already telling me the trip was about 47km, and will take over an hour. We talking almost 6k here, mehn. I adjust my seat and mood, ready to laugh at any stupid joke this man may tell. grin Just talk.... I will listen. grin Your trip fare has already forgiven you in advance for any non-funny joke you are about to tell, and i am about to laugh. grin Ikorodu.... Hope this man knows his trip will be almost 6k... I cannor shout ooo. Hian! Trip was in progress, ac was touching their head, kids were making noise, the man was making light conversation... We got to Ikorodu..... passed Ikorodu.... heading into Ikorodu interior streets and we finally got to their house. I end the trip, fare was 5500.

"ahn ahn. Why is it up to That?"

Oh my Jesus... Just like i had suspected. "Sir, that's your fare sir. I didn't fix it"

"we normally don't pay more than 4200. Just take this 4500. I didn't expect it to get to this. I like your service, i hope to call you some other time"

Excuse me sir. Don't call me next time. I don't like your money.... 4,500 That what happen? This Ikorodu that someone will not even get a trip out. You normally pay 4200, why didn't you pay the normal people that normally collect 4200 from you to drop you in your normal house?

I just sat there smiling while he was talking. The man wan buuga me sha.... You like my service.... Which stupid service? grin I no blame you sha. I already know what to do, so no need arguing with you. grin Everything he said from then on, i only replied "thank you sir" "ok sir" "no problem sir" ..... There is problem. grin I must collect my money. grin

He finished his lecture, and i collected the 4,500. I reversed out of his compound and parked beside his gate. Brought out my phone and narrated to uber, how after driving this man for over an hour, to this dead zone, he has refused - while speaking English - to pay his complete fare. While I was still there, uber refunded me the complete balance. He will surely wake up to see a deficit on his account, which he must agree to pay, before he takes the next uber ride.... Oyibo say, there are many ways to kill a rat. grin

I quietly drove away...

Hi Romeo pls visit these site for a free domain for a year http://Www.bilscom.com/promo and get back to me
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by bulalakoboko(m): 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oga Romeo, I love your stories. I have two Corolla 2008 model and wish to do this e-taxi thing. I have trusted drivers that I can commit it to. My worries are; what are the conditions I am going to charge them with inclusive of car maintainance and weekly Balance? The two cars are straight tokumbo from US.
Kindly advise me on the way to go. Thanks.
NB: How much is the ideal weekly Balance and the pre condition for the drivers? Can I PM you?

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Cadec007(m): 12:58am On Mar 24, 2018
Romeo3:
Not at all. Just trying to be on all platforms before somebody will be thieving my yam wey never done. grin

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by ebiye55(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Romeo3 you are conspicuously absent from here bro, what's happening with you?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2018

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Inside Kim Jong Un Luxury Van For Viewing Missile Launches / Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.