Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (62111 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Joeyy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
This is a good eye opening read.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2018

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Godson201333(m): 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
Romeo3:
So i picked up this female rider from her office in V I this evening. She was lekki bound. We were chatting as we drove. Along ozumba road, she asked me to drive into Grandsquare supermarket. She needed to get some stuff.

She came back several minutes later apologizing for taking my time. She blamed it on the cashier. She bought "cabbage", but cashier kept saying She can't find cabbage on the system...

It was later found out that cashier had been typing "Gabbage" all along. grin grin

lol lol

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by kwencypresh(f): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2018
undecided
amani63:

I don't think so

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2018

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2018

12 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2018

11 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2018

13 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by dunasy(f): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
Romeo3:
have an uber account first, then get a car to drive

Uber charges 25% per trip. that how they make money
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Voltz1987: 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bkd
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by d4real890(m): 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
Romeo3:
have an uber account first, then get a car to drive

Uber charges 25% per trip. that how they make money

I try to setup account with Uber,there is a particular stage asking me to upload my document(driver license)and I'm yet to have one.Is there anyway to go about it?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by stonecoldcafe: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2018
Romeo3:
I think this is just the perfect place to relate my daily experiences driving on uber. I have met alot of people. And i keep meeting different ones daily.

stay tuned.

This diary has a twin on the diary section where i post, but i think this space here will project the diary to a wider audience.

Link to Diary of an Uber Driver

Cheers

Love your diary so i follow you waka come here. I'm a fan of your writings. You write great plus i laugh loads when i read your diary.
I only got one question though; aint you worried someone may may just realize they entered your car and report you to Uber or Taxify?
I mean if i got into your cab and you took my pics and placed it on Nairaland with a funny tale to go with it, i wont really find it funny though your readers may do.

Just wondering if you ever think of this...

11 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by error4040: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2018
Romeo3:
Runs girls are heartlessly heartless...

Only a heartless girl who knows the kind of business she is into, that will still keep a boyfriend.

I dont get their logic, at all.

So you see a fine girl and approach her. she doesnt look runs girlish. You toast her and she agrees. You go out on dates and snap instagram photos. She allows you fall in love with her. But she knows the truth about herself.... how do these girls do it? how do they willingly enter a relationship with someone they will always lie to, and deceive? Wht cant they just face one side?

That was how i was taking girls to parkview estate from ikeja one evening... From their discussions, they were going to go and service a client who wanted a 3sum.... Now, one of them begged me to lower the music volume, so i kukuma off am for her. Next thing, she calls her boyfriend:

Baby...(yawns) i am soooo tired. you know i have been with wendy since morning and we have been having some drinks (yawns). i think i am a little tipsy and i cant go home tonight.

in my mind i was like, wtf!!! i held the steering wheel tighter mehn. trust girls at your own peril.

she continues.... and you know i told you their light isnt stable so i will switch off my phone now so i will have battery to call you tomorrow morning (yawns) i love you baby... hope you had something to eat...

why why why why why?!

now this is Epic!!!! grin grin grin like Wtf mhen.
@op more energy to you and more smooth rides tof your destination.

Keep the legit work Going cool

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Papi501: 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hi Romeo3. I just started driving on Uber again after a long while. I have done over a week now and it's not making sense yet. Please, what tips can you give me to help out. Need to make this money back. Not the 300 & 400 naira I am getting. Did 9 trips today and I didn't even make up to 6k. They were mostly short trips. I even had a trip of N260 worth. imagine!

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Papi501: 11:31pm On Mar 12, 2018
d4real890:
Hi Romeo3,how can I go abt driving for Uber without having a car of my own and besides how does Uber generate their own income?

Hi Romeo3. I just started driving on Uber again after a long while. I have done over a week now and it's not making sense yet. Please, what tips can you give me to help out. Need to make this money back. Not the 300 & 400 naira I am getting. Did 9 trips today and I didn't even make up to 6k. They were mostly short trips. I even had a trip of N260 worth. imagine!
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:17am On Mar 13, 2018
Papi501:
call me. 07089448576

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by JeffreyJames(m): 8:46am On Mar 13, 2018
d4real890:

I try to setup account with Uber,there is a particular stage asking me to upload my document(driver license)and I'm yet to have one.Is there anyway to go about it?

Na wa for you o undecided. You want to be a driver and you don't have a driver's license?

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:56am On Mar 13, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Na wa for you o undecided. You want to be a driver and you don't have a driver's license?
Lol
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2018
error4040:

now this is Epic!!!! grin grin grin like Wtf mhen.
@op more energy to you and more smooth rides tof your destination.

Keep the legit work Going cool
cool

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2018
d4real890:

No sir
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Floyd45(m): 9:00am On Mar 14, 2018
Let me start by saying I am a fan of your diary. I Crack up every time I read a new entry. I'm glad you opened it up for interaction.
I however like to bring this issue of 'change' up. I see you constantly try to mock your riders for requesting for their change. I mean you are in the business where money is exchanged with your customers daily, you should know certain customers will always demand for their change no matter how little it is. I might be taking this issue personal because I have experienced it quite a number of times with taxify/Uber drivers.
They try to guilt trip you into leaving your change with them. Most of the time I usually let it slide, but when I come across certain drivers who sound condescending when it comes to this issue, I gladly give them a piece of my mind.
Yes, broke a $$$ give me my 100 naira change smiley

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 9:22am On Mar 14, 2018
Floyd45:
Let me start by saying I am a fan of your diary. I Crack up every time I read a new entry. I'm glad you opened it up for interaction.
I however like to bring this issue of 'change' up. I see you constantly try to mock your riders for requesting for their change. I mean you are in the business where money is exchanged with your customers daily, you should know certain customers will always demand for their change no matter how little it is. I might be taking this issue personal because I have experienced it quite a number of times with taxify/Uber drivers.
They try to guilt trip you into leaving your change with them. Most of the time I usually let it slide, but when I come across certain drivers who sound condescending when it comes to this issue, I gladly give them a piece of my mind.
Yes, broke a $$$ give me my 100 naira change smiley
lol. It's not the way you think. Most times i leave change of up to 500naira with my riders. no jokes.

Majority of riders see drivers as beneath them. So, if you talk and act as if someone is beneath You, What is 30naira that You cannot forget and move On?

I personally look at my riders attitude. It's what would make me forget the change with them, or go all out to get them the exact change. Like you said, some drivers are condescending about the issue, so also are riders. I write from my own perspective.

Most times i leave 500 change for someone and They would say no, keep it. Other times, i would leave 500 change with some, like an old woman i picked up from her daughter's house. She collected it gladly and prayed for me (ose oko mi....wa Da gba). it all depends. If your body language exudes pride to me, i expect you live up to that pride and leave your change and walk away with your head held high. grin

Else... grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Floyd45(m): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2018
[quote author=Romeo3 post=65823235]lol. It's not the way you think. Most times i leave change of up to 500naira with my riders. no jokes.

Majority of riders see drivers as beneath them. So, if you talk and act as if someone is beneath You, What is 30naira that You cannot forget and move On?

I personally look at my riders attitude. It's what would make me forget the change with them, or go all out to get them the exact change. Like you said, some drivers are condescending about the issue, so also are riders. I write from my own perspective.

Most times i leave 500 change for someone and They would say no, keep it. Other times, i would leave 500 change with some, like an old woman inpicked up from her daughter's house. She collected it gladly and prayed for me. it all depends. If your body language exudes pride to me, i expect you live up to that pride and leave your change and walk away with your head held high. grin

Now that you put it this way I perfectly get where you coming from. I can't begin to imagine the kind of riders you come across on a daily. Your job requires a lot of patience. Keep up the good the job man

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by DisGuy: 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thanks Romeo for opening an interactive diary

Just want some tips to avoid major faux pas riding uber Lagos

From different uber threads- can you decline a ride just because it's not cash? My uber is linked to paypal/debit card. Thought this would be the most ideal method as there's less stress for the drivers faffing around looking for change

Do drivers get pick up and destination details when they accept a ride? I notice a lot of drivers saying they call to confirm destinations. Then cancel if they dont want to go that route. perhaps taxify?

What does a riders rating do to you as the boss, i notice you rate almost all your riders. Do you check a riders rating before accepting a ride?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
DisGuy:

From different uber threads- can you decline a ride just because it's not cash? My uber is linked to paypal/debit card. Thought this would be the most ideal method as there's less stress for the drivers faffing around looking for change

Do drivers get pick up and destination details when they accept a ride? I notice a lot of drivers saying they call to confirm destinations. Then cancel if they dont want to go that route. perhaps taxify?

What does a riders rating do to you as the boss, i notice you rate almost all your riders. Do you check a riders rating before accepting a ride?
DisGuy:

I haven't declined a ride yet because it's a card trip. but I do not blame drivers who do. There was a day i did card trips all through and no money to buy fuel. I was basically stranded if not that I had to call a friend for back up, i for hear whinnn. It is actually the most ideal but because most drivers do not have any back up fuel money, they are relying on cash gotten from the current trip to buy fuel. Thats why they may cancel if trip isn't cash. Also, a driver may have a personal emergency and may need to gather cash asap and any card trip coming at that time of emergency was sent personally by the devil.

Drivera get pick up details but not destination details. You only get destination details when you start the trip. Yesterday I called a rider to confirm destination. I was in illupeju, she was in oshodi. Would take 12 minutes and almost 4km to get to her. I called her to know if drivingv12vminutesvwill be worth it. She picked and said she was going to ajao estate. A quick mental calculation of her destination distance and the traffic i would have to endure showed that her fare wont be more than 1k.... Just told her I was in serious traffic meanwhile i was chilling in illupeju sweet sensation. grin I cancelled the trip before God will punish me for wasting fuel for just 1k. grin

A rider rating me tells uber/taxify that My Car is fit to be on the road and that I habe a pleasant personality. Frequent low ratings will get me blocked. Vice versa riders

14 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:03am On Mar 16, 2018

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:18am On Mar 16, 2018

12 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2018

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2018

12 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by geekybabe(f): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mr Romeo3, Like all you have to do each day is just drive your car, pick up riders and drop them off at their destinations. Simple.

What they do with Their lives is none of your business. Taking pictures and discussing your riders life on social media is rude.

Like seriously taking pictures of pple you drive? In saner climates you should be sued. You sign contracts and you shud respect that other pple have rights.

Just imagine evry doctor discussing the patients they treat in hospital everyday.
There is somtin called ethics.

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Inside Kim Jong Un Luxury Van For Viewing Missile Launches / Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.