Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (62140 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by JeffreyJames(m): 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
geekybabe:
Mr Romeo3, Like all you have to do each day is just drive your car, pick up riders and drop them off at their destinations. Simple.

What they do with Their lives is none of your business. Taking pictures and discussing your riders life on social media is rude.

Like seriously taking pictures of pple you drive? In saner climates you should be sued. You sign contracts and you shud respect that other pple have rights.

Just imagine evry doctor discussing the patients they treat in hospital everyday.
There is somtin called ethics.

Did you see the face or name of anybody there?. Abi you just want to talk? undecided

To think you even compared it to doctor/patient relationship is very laughable.

25 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Did you see the face or name of anybody there?. Abi you just want to talk? undecided

To think you even compared it to doctor/patient relationship is very laughable.
She wan show say she go school. I carry her snobbish types every day. I don see them tire. grin

18 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Rhemy2013(f): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Romeo3,ur last update on ur diary make me laugh out loud here...oh oh oh i can so relate grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Rhemy2013:
Romeo3,ur last update on ur diary make me laugh out loud here...oh oh oh i can so relate grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
We know ourselves. grin

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by JeffreyJames(m): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Romeo3:
She wan show say she go school. I carry her snobbish types every day. I don see them tire. grin

No mind her, just wan Nack teeth anyhow lol

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by goldenval(m): 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lovely thread, keep up the good work bro
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Pidginwhisper: 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
Rhemy2013:
I dey always gbadun ur diary...
Make i spread mat here__________________
Well done bro.
No vex, abeg you don marry?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Sunexy(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
Now this is a wonderful thread..whenever somebody is giving his/her experience, it's better to be corroborated with images grin..It's only runs gals that might take some of these experiences personal..OP, good job
grin
And to the runs girls that will read this topic, OP is not bashing u Ppl..he is bashing guys like us that fall prey to Ppl like u
grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Rhemy2013(f): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
No vex, abeg you don marry?

Yes sir.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by BOBBYNIGUESZ(m): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hello.

What if you don't know the location. Sheyy you can cancel the request ni. Imagine someone telling you to take them to Owode ��
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Pidginwhisper: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
Rhemy2013:

Yes sir.
Good one then. I had asked coz I was wondering how your future hubby would've reached you while you have your face covered up,had it been that you're single. grin grin
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Rhemy2013(f): 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Good one then. I had asked coz I was wondering how your future hubby would've reached you while you have your face covered up,had it been that you're single. grin grin

Lol...you mean future husband on nairaland.. oh!!
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by shedrach20: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Point of note... Please stop misleading people, Cancellation fee is now #400 since last year.. Uber removes 100 while the driver is paid #300
Romeo3:
When a rider makes a request and a driver accepts and starts driving towards them , they can only cancel that ride and go free if it is within 5 mins.

Anything after 5 mins and you cancel, your 1000naira cancellation fee certain. .. If the driver hasn't gotten to your location and you cancel, uber "chops" your 1k. This one no go reach driver. but if driver is less than a km away or if a driver has waited for you above 5 mins, and any cancellation occurs, the driver receives 75% of the cancellation fee.

Na so i go drop person one february night for festac. Was past 1am, and then i received a request within festac. I drove to the pick up location and met a guy and 4 ladies waiting. The 4 ladies file into my car's back seat and start gisting, tge guy joined me in front. I start the trip and their destination was Golden Tulip Hotels, right inside the shoprite complex in festac.

So the girls were gisting about how fine Golden Tulip was and then one replied:

"why e no go fine? Na 5 star hotel na.... I hear say na E money get am". (In my mind i was like wait a minute.... which e money? the same e money? kcee limpopo's brother? anyway, we learn every day so i was even willing to hear details of how e money is also in the hotel business, because i never hear am before...)

one of the girls now retorted and said "hmm, amaka, how you take know say na e money get am?

and with all confidence in the world, amaka replied: na e money get Golden Tulip because na 5 star hotel. Na him get 5 star music, so na him get Golden tulip because na 5 star hotel"

and i'm like shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Laugh wan kill me. but i just code... i hold my steering tight face front. grin

Even the guy that was seating in front started shifting on his seat uncomfortably. grin this mumu girl don fall hands. grin he was in the company of a dumbass.grin He couldnt believe it.

As we got to Golden Tulip 2 mins later, his bill was 2,600. 2000 was because he had cancelled 2 requests previously.... He no even argue, Unlike the norm, where people always argue for such huge cancellation amount... My guy just wanted to be away from that car and away from that girl as fast as possible .... grin

5 star music = 5 Star hotel..... I have heard it all. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Pidginwhisper: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
Rhemy2013:

Lol...you mean future husband on nairaland.. oh!!
Future hubby could be anywhere.. you never can tell..as you don marry so, your no get problem again..keep up your "eleha" face covered grin grin
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by shedrach20: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
Point of note Uber is slavery.. Go to their facebook page and checkout comments of current drivers in the system...
At the end of the day u find out you're actually slaving for them
d4real890:

I try to setup account with Uber,there is a particular stage asking me to upload my document(driver license)and I'm yet to have one.Is there anyway to go about it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Owamudia: 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
geekybabe:
Mr Romeo3, Like all you have to do each day is just drive your car, pick up riders and drop them off at their destinations. Simple.

What they do with Their lives is none of your business. Taking pictures and discussing your riders life on social media is rude.

Like seriously taking pictures of pple you drive? In saner climates you should be sued. You sign contracts and you shud respect that other pple have rights.

Just imagine evry doctor discussing the patients they treat in hospital everyday.

Runs girl spotted! grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2018

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by cochtrane(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
geekybabe:

+1
Chief, you need to stop asap taking pictures of the people you drive. It's just soooooo wrong on many levels.
I admire your writing and your humour. I actually did read a lot of your posts and found some entertaining even if I didn't like most. But you need to grow up and really respect your riders, not feign the respect. Taking pics of your riders, silently insulting them and openly doing it on Nairaland are not good ethics for your job. If Uber manages to find you, you can be sure they'll relieve you of your services. That of course is if one of your riders does not find you out and report you to Uber.

Romeo3:
If that girl doesn't have more than 1 bf,, i will deactivate this account. grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Pidginwhisper: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
Romeo3:
Resuming with my experience of a request I received around dopemu one evening.

Anytime I am around ikeja in the evenings between 7 and 10 pm, i only want to drive straight to the island, with a rider of course, abi I come lagos to burn free fuel ni? grin What that does for me is that I will be driving against the devilish traffic that extends from oshodi to sango-ota and when i get to the island, roads are free at night and i can complete more trips and make more money, while others are sleeping.

But this day sha, dunno what came over me as usual, and i just went online around dopemu. Maybe it's because i receive pick up requests from the airport from that distance at times. So, my phone beeps for a new pickup alert. I accepted and a guy calls me. Said I am picking up someone from cement bus stop, and that she will call me. As I hear "she", i just know say na dem. grin grin Awon "queen of the night" grin. Wetin kwansign me.... Drive the damn car and collect the damn money... grin

Told him okay and he hung up. I drove down to the bus stop, parked my car, indicated on the uber app that I have arrived, and put on my hazard lights. After few minutes, i called him... guy, i never see any call I. Maybe you should just send her number and i give her a call. He said ok, and sent me the number. I called the girl, she didn't pick at first. And then she picked. Hello, i said. Been waiting for you at the bus stop, where are you pls? She only said "I am coming" and then ended the call. shocked Coming from where? Coming to where? You didn't ask where i am waiting so how tf do you know where you are coming to? I called the rude girl again..... Sorry, where are you let me come get you.? ehn I am at that hotel at cement. Which hotel biko, i was getting impatient and besides the girls voice wasn't so captivating... She mentioned the hotel and then i asked her how to get there because the initial arrangement was to pick you from the bus stop and not one hotel.

And she goes, wait. How can you not know the hotel, are you not an uber driver? How can you call yourself an uber driver and you dont know where i am?

Chineke mee!!! shocked shocked. Ekwensu e romancia mami water. What insult?! I calmed down and asked her. Sorry, what did you just say? Did you just say i should know everywhere? First of all, your current location isnt indicated on the app, therefore I cannot navigate automatically. Second, there is traffic on this other side and i needed to know what side of the bustop you are at, so i come get you and you are asking me what? She didn't apologize or anything, instead, she goes, where are You? and i told her i am coming and then i ended the call. My turn grin

In the 2 minutes after I ended the call my brain told me guy, you already know where she is but traffic dey... i concurred mehn. I can't even waste 1 minute in traffic to go pick up a rude girl talkless of 10 minutes. I looked at the time left for me to be eligible for a cancellation fee of 1000 naira. 3 minutes to go.

I started my car, and put on my ac. Connected my aux cable to my phone. hung my phone on the phone holder, selected a playlist and started playing music. The guy called me, i no pick. The girl called me, i no pick. I looked at the time again. It was 10 mins after I got there. I clicked on "cancel trip" and selected "Rider no show" from the options..... 1000 naira flew into my account.... I quietly drove away.

God punish devil.... grin
Bro you don collect water for my eyes small

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ejebleje:
When did it become normal to come to an online forum and just disclose the secrets of your business?

The internet has made left so many people with no sense at all.
I doubt you know the meaning of your moniker....I will give you 10k
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2018

10 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2018

9 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2018

16 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2018

20 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Owamudia: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
Romeo3:
Someone asked me on the other thread if I have never come across a girl I liked on Uber, since there are more female riders, than males.....

Bros..... I have come across..... gazillions. How many I wan count. But i am focused. Yes, i am focused. I refused to let the things of the flesh move me. grin I am a child of God.... Everyday, i come across girls my mama asked me to stay away from. Temptations.

Food you are not ready to eat, dont taste it even once. Even with my good boy mannerisms like "don't speak unless spoken to", some girls still manage to draw me out of my shell. Great conversation, great chemistry but when it's time to switch gears, I'll pull the damn plug.... I carried a girl from Ojodu one evening. No offense, but there are finer girls on uber than on taxify. I don't know why, but that is the demographics, to me. Very pretty she was. We got talking. Yes you guessed well.... She sat in front. Girls who are seated in the front seat beside the driver are more open to conversations, and are more friendly. We talked from Ojodu To lekki. Got her to her gate, we were still talking. Ended her trip, still talking. She paid for her trip, still talking. I gave her change, still talking. That was when i knew she wanted me to ask for her number. grin

I no mind am. No be only number. What can your number do for me?

She opened the door and placed her right leg on the ground and she was still talking. Two legs on the ground, still talking..... My friend, get down from this car osiso.... There is surge and money to be made. Don't distract me. grin

I bid her farewell and told her I hope to see her again.....

Off to the next trip.

grin

Very commendable!

Actually, your experience with the runs and cheating girls may just turn you into a woman hater albeit subconsciously.

And it's not all about money. Some women have everything at their disposal yet get shagged by the chauffeur/house boy.
E.g. Joseph in the Bible who didn't succumb. Had he, we would NEVER have heard of him.

I have met virgins on social media and dating sites. Good ladies still abound.

10 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by eepris88: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
Romeo3:
Yoruba will say, "Olorun maje ka ri iya".... God forbid us from seeing bad.

Hmm. Uber driving. Job that will completely take you out of your comfort zone. You don't know where you will be at any particular time, nor where the next rider is taking you. .. You are human, therefore, the law of nature applies squarely to you.... Forget this grammar, what I am trying to say is that shit_ can catch you at anytime and at any place, and the severity and urgency to ease your self can be as a result of what you have eaten. watery beans, peppery food, there are some food that show no mercy when they have served their purpose in your body and need to be expelled. grin

Dem never born you well, to control nature. This is the only condition that will make you sweat under ac. grin If it has never happened to You, you won't understand. Now, you are not in your comfort zone, comfort zone is far away, you can't drive down to comfort zone in a hurry because lagos traffic will ask you questions.... So, what do you do?

Well for me, if all the Shoprite locations could talk, whenever they see my car coming, they will alert the security "nothing wey him dey come buy... nothing. make una no let am enter" Guuuuuuy! What if I am far away from Shoprite, then any hotel will do.

All i do is walk in to the reception, intimidate and ask for the rest room. grin Holding my 2 phones in my left hand, and rolling my car key on my index finger of my right hand, there are few receptionists that will question my intention when i walk in, and when they do, my default answer is always "came to pick up someone and i need to use the restroom".
I have even had instances where the security guy would come to open my door for me, hailing me "chairman chairman"..... me that came to shit_. grin

One very good morning, and i walk into a hotel in Ajah and ask to use the rest room. I was already sweating, if you know what I mean....grin And this receptionist....this girl that i don't know which village they brought her from, or the tailor that sewed her over sized clothing, or who made her so inquisitive was already asking me "who are you" when i asked to use the rest room... ahn ahn, who am I? If i, If I use this sweat i'm sweating to reply you this morning, you won't eat for 2 days.... are you sleep talking? I came to pick up someone and i need to use the rest room right now. undecided She looked at me and said okay. I said thank you and asked her for directions.

Only for me to come out to the reception when i was done and this same witch was asking me, "so where are the people you came to pick"..... are you are you are you maaad? dem send you to me this morning? What is wrong with You? "they are coming. I will be waiting for them in the car" aren't you gonna ask me what their name is and what room they are lodged in?

You are mannerless.

I didn't even look at her as I walked out. Me that i am already alright. grin

only the wise will learn one or two things from ur write up.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by jjmk(m): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Richdee1:

Bro i Know u hv a 'Drum of Sense'.....How will what he says here affect his 100k as week Income or His Golden Puegoet Car Or will it stop him From Carrying 'queen Of the Nights'........But Bro if we have people like u in this country...its Going Nowhere,u will definetly die one day with all ur Ideas and secrets inside yhu....Its better u share

Wow, 100k per week. This is after taking out fuel money? Or all inclusive?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Olidawg247(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hi Romeo3,I have a near Toks Camry 06 registered on UBER platform, I read in your diary that you can offer 50k per week for anyone who you manage the fleet for.. is this still obtainable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured) / Plane Carrying Coronavirus Supplies To Japan Crashes & Explodes, Eight Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.