Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Has Anyone Been Denied A US Tourist Visa When You Still Have A Valid Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Been Denied A US Tourist Visa When You Still Have A Valid Visa? (638 Views)

US Tourist Smashes 2 Vatican Sculptures After Being Denied Visit With The Pope / Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience / Know Anyone Living In Dubai Without A Valid Visa? This Is The Time To Leave. (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Has Anyone Been Denied A US Tourist Visa When You Still Have A Valid Visa? by JBL17: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
My experience at the US embassy was very pathetic. I've been to the US once and I spent just 3 weeks. And I've renewed my visa once via Dropbox. But I decided to renew my visa this by appearing for the interview with my who was once denied a visa before we got married.
Vo: Why are you going to the USA?
Me & Wifey: Vacation and Tourism
VO: Where do you work?
Me: i work at so so so and s as so and so.
Wifey: I too work at so so as so so so.
Vo: How long have you been married?
Me & Wifey : We've been married for so and so. (before the appointment we already sent a scanned copy of our marriage certificate as requested by ustraveldocs for profile update)
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes. I was in the USA four years ago for vacation and spent just 3 hours weeks.( All the while my old passport where my valid visa is was still with me.)
Wifey: for me I haven't. I was denied a tourist visa two years ago.
Vo: do you have kids?
Me: No. We decided not to have kids for now.
Vo:smile. I saw that even before you told me.
Vo: typed for about 3 minutes. Sorry you are not qualified. You don't have enough ties.
Me: Wow! What about my current visa? Does it mean my visa has been canceled or revoked?
Vo : Well, I believe it has expired, if it hasn't expired, no need to renew it.
Me: I came for the interview with my wife because my travel date is just 2 weeks after the expiration.
Vo : Seems shocked or worried. But the decision to refuse has been made.
Out of high respect for the Embassy and the Vo, i smiled and walked out peacefully.
When I got home I called their customer service and the operator asked if the visa was canceled or revoked, i said No. He said I can still use Dropbox but I shouldn't add my wife to the dependant. I tried using Dropbox, but as usual you have to answer some questions about previous visa and denial. Because I have to be truthful in my answers, i answered that my last interview resulted in a denial. Then I was redirected to schedule an interview. Confused, i called the customer service again. I was told to see the requirements for dropbox on their website. In my cgi profile, i noticed that the status of my application case was "escalated." At the end, I got just a generic email. More confused, i skype ustraveldocs and confirm the current status of my visa. I was told that I can still travel with my current visa that is expiring in 2 months. I don't want to take the risk and end up been questioned by the CBP about my previous denial.

Please sorry house for my lengthy explanation. I feel better after sharing my thoughts with you friends. I will appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Been Denied A US Tourist Visa When You Still Have A Valid Visa? by Godson201333(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hi bro i can feel the pain and i am so sorry about that.

You sound not to have enough ties to your home country.

It depends also on how long you guys been married.

Both of you are married but no kids...Thats a red flag.

She has been denied visa once based on which reason?it could be she married you so as to boost her advantage for visa (VO reasoning).

If you travel alone with the visa that is gonna be expired in two months,There is high probability that they might not let you enter at the POE,However this also depends on your purpose of travelling ?

I would advice you to let everything calm down for now and do not appear to be too desperate.
Re: Has Anyone Been Denied A US Tourist Visa When You Still Have A Valid Visa? by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2018

(1)

Saudi Police Welcome Kingdom’s Women Drivers With Rose Flowers / HEARTBREAKING! Pretty Corps Member Dies In Accident [photo] / Donald Trump Follows Lead Of Other Nations And Grounds Boeing 737 Max Planes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.