Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs (24230 Views)

Explosion Of Divine Favour And Breakthroughs Via Thanksgiving Prayers / Next Level Breakthroughs. / Am I Allowed To Fast When On My Period As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by kennyz247(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2018
GOD HELP US ALL
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by mabea: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
But how exactly should this fasting be done? Some just go without food and don't engage in word study or prayers.
That is definitely a hunger strike. Without prayer fasting is ineffective
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by wogamzy: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=lightblazingnow post=65684884][/quote] Good
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by nwamabo247(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2018
HI my name is celestine nwankwo,a 28yrs old. for past 11yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure my father has been blind for over 30yrs now.my seniors brothers business is not moving fine.they the ones taking care of our feeding and medications(i.e me and my old parent).but right now things are very bad for us no money to eat again hunger is dealing with us.please i need ur prayer and finacial help.thank and God bless You.09027837654
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by aureen: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2018
Amazing.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by profmallor: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2018
and when you pray against an infirmity or a mountain is that not for it to be unseated and die?. Even a breakthrough is for something for a barrier to die.

CandidSeeker:
Nice one OP.

Let me add these:

No Fall & Die Prayers

John 3:17 NKJV
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Luke 9:51-56 NKJV
Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem,
[52] and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him.
[53] But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem.
[54] And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?"
[55] But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.
[56] For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them." And they went to another village.

Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 16, 2018
Fast? why would any sane human want to starve themselves? unless they can not Afford food.

What about the people fasting because they can not find food? will they get breakthrough also?

what about someone who is on a hunger strike, will they get the bloody breakthrough also?

what exactly are they trying to break-through?

Please don't quote me to tell me that i don't understand. It is all about food. grin
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by apananoni: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2018
Thanks OP for this timely reminder.

But vs 13 of Isaiah 58 which you quoted strikes me most that talked about calling the SABBATH,the holy of the LORD,honorable ;and shall honor him not doing thine own ways nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own word. Then verse 14 comes with a wonderful promise for those who obeys this commandment which is also the 4th commandment of the Ten commandment given to us through moses in Exodus 20.

GOD himself after creating the heavens and the earth also rested on the seventh day (SABBATH day) in Genesis 2 vs 2 and 3 and He blessed the seventh day and made it holy.

OP can you throw my light on why most Christians finds it difficult to honor God on this Holy day by keeping it holy and instead of the Biblical Seventh day SABBATH they have chosen to disobey God by worshipping on Sunday which is not only biblical but also a man made day of worship.

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Dronedude(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2018
NobodyKnows:
What about. How to fast and starve to death?

I see u are Muslim and u don't have problems when you guys fast but just to hate on other religion u have the guts to quote this?

SMH.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by shegzy30: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2018
dustar:
BUY 100% football winning strategy for just 50k... After which you will thank me forever.....email me at my signature
why don't you use the strategy to win for youself? 50k is small compare to what you will win. Stop scamming, is not good for you!!

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by NobodyKnows(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2018
Dronedude:

I see u are Muslim and u don't have problems when you guys fast but just to hate on other religion u have the guts to quote this?

SMH.

Fast and starve to death .
40 days 40 nights my foot!
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Davedblues(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2018
Tanks feel torched
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Davedblues(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2018
true say bro
apananoni:

But vs 13 of Isaiah 58 which you quoted strikes me most that talked about calling the SABBATH,the holy of the LORD,honorable ;and shall honor him not doing thine own ways nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own word. Then verse 14 comes with a wonderful promise for those who obeys this commandment which is also the 4th commandment of the Ten commandment given to us through moses in Exodus 20.

GOD himself after creating the heavens and the earth also rested on the seventh day (SABBATH day) in Genesis 2 vs 2 and 3 and He blessed the seventh day and made it holy.

OP can you throw my light on why most Christians finds it difficult to honor God on this Holy day by keeping it holy and instead of the Biblical Seventh day SABBATH they have chosen to disobey God by worshipping on Sunday which is not only biblical but also a man made day of worship.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by lightblazingnow(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2018
apananoni:

Contact for deeper conversation. Thanks
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 16, 2018
Good one op,
l love God so much that even during my primary/secondary/tertiary school days, l do everything to please him,even to my own detriment, people took that as an advantage to cheat and mistreat me because at the end of the day,l will overlook and forgive so easily because God said so,
l always long to hear him speak to me,but he never did. Rather l started speaking in tongue but l always feel empty after that,.
The thing is that people so dear and close to me,have hurt me so much that it hurts whenever l remember them,many many times l pray and tell God to give me the grace to forgive and forget,even after assuring myself that l have forgiven them the pain will still be there, imploring me to hate them .
it has killed my spiritual life and belief,l really need help,,and l don't know how to go about it,cos l feel God is partial.He doesn't hear my prayers.,l have fasted and prayed many times, even when l was pregnant, yet nothing happened
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by kings20(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=lightblazingnow post=70622881]
Are you some kind of fortune teller?
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by ephraim18(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2018
very motivational thanks
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by apananoni: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
lightblazingnow:

Contact for deeper conversation. Thanks

I would have preferred you share here so that it can be beneficial to everyone because Jesus Christ said in matt 12vs8 For the son of man is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Kenneth4u205(m): 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
apananoni:

In the old testament,The holy spirit wasn't living inside of people permanently.He only comes briefly upon people .God wasn't dwelling inside of people then .God was only dwelling inside the TEMPLE .so the only worship God on Saturday at the temple.But now in this generation of Christ ,the holy spirit dwell inside of every believer permanently.We can now be in communion with the holy spirit inside of us,every seconds of the daysy .no more only on Saturday(sabath).

That's why the book of

Colossians 2:16-17

made it clear that the day we choose to worship God no longer matter .For God is always with us (Emmanuel).

COLOSSIANS 2:16-17(easy English bible )

16 So do not let anybody else say what is right for you to eat or to drink. Do not let anybody make rules about special days, new moons or sabbaths (the *Jews’ seventh day of the week).

17 Rules like that are only like shadows. In past times, they showed people about the good things that would happen. But those good things really have happened now because of Christ.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by revolt(m): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
This is why Africa's in stone age. Our leaders fast and pray for solution.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by jumpandpas(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
CandidSeeker:
Nice one OP.

Let me add these:

No Fall & Die Prayers

John 3:17 NKJV
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Luke 9:51-56 NKJV
Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem,
[52] and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him.
[53] But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem.
[54] And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?"
[55] But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.
[56] For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them." And they went to another village.

Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

John 3:17 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned:but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by MobilityExpress: 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
generationz:

you can do a fruit fast

break by 12,3 or six with fruits.

Good idea but i’m used to eating breakfast because my daily routine is quite tasking and I need that morning energy boost. If only it’s possible someone like you can fast for me and transfer the results to my body. smiley
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by lightblazingnow(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2018
apananoni:

I would have preferred you share here so that it can be beneficial to everyone because Jesus Christ said in matt 12vs8 For the son of man is the Lord of the Sabbath.

One word for you. You are ruled by your senses, you are still reasoning with your old self. You are not born again. When you become, all things will be come new to you and old senses will vanish. Your new heart,? Where did you keep it?
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by nwakaibeya1: 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
John 5,30>Today is another Sunday of history & geography teaching & fashion sermons,stories upon stories that don't empower humans spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritually blind Bornagain followers & church goers?bornagains & church goers enjoy it & continue to shout go deeper, prophesy, pastor ride on & after all the razzmatazz, you still remain in evil family&occult wickedness & evil marine bondages&can't sleep at night& witches & wizards feast on them without mercy and evil neighbors and landlords and evil people can't fear you because you have no power& pastors &prophets &apostles continue to use bornagains& church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment & liberation&most importantly give followers PEACE that ,Jesus Christ promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself &Seek for unbelievable power and receive it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE & THE POWER THAT BE &this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim Bornagain without spiritual wisdom &spiritual eyes & unbelievable power & they hate change &new truth&revelation of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new thing in Bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster people of the world?BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesus Christ is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always &devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS who hate truth&good change with passion& pretend, they are those we call human CHAMELEONS,we have spoken again & those who have ear let them hear &investigate from JESUS CHRIST if indeed they know JESUSCHRIST #who can battle with God of justice & the power that be?remember this is authority & truth&revelation& power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace&believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain &bornagain in vogue #NO & NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish,we dont beg humans to accept our truth&revelation,its accept or perish be you whoever,hence almost everyone claims to be bornagain,the same way many people claimed to know GOD more than JESUSCHRIST when Christ came before and dont forget the fact that Power talks and not empty critics and we authorize humans to investigate our unbelievable truth and revelation as the confidence of a wise person is look before you leap Mathew 13,13-15
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by lightblazingnow(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
Do you want to know what's Sabbath? It's rest. Your old heart couldn't rest because it was dead and needed to be raised from the death. When Christ was raised, you, your real, New heart was raised together with him into rest. God's promise is to enter into rest. We don't see that rest in you. All we see are struggling and conflicts between the flesh and spirit. Who's right or wrong.

Hebrews 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by emmie14: 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
MobilityExpress:
I haven’t fasted in donkey years. My schedule is demanding and my stomach just won’t let me embarassed.
Determination
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Ubongdemaga: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2018
Please OP don't deceive us here. It is not ur fasting or prayer that make gud fortune comes ur way. Anything fortune or luck u enjoy today is just the grace of almighty God, the giver of everything gud thing. I have done 3 days dry fasting and plus other 6-12 fastings wit serious prayers 4 a particular problem since 2013 yet d problem still there as i am typing. I am not discourage or regret fasted. I knw @ God's appointed time d problem will b over or he will open another way 4 me. We as human don't do anything to Merit God's grace. God favour anyone he wish to not wat u do here earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2018
LadySarah:
I want to try but hunger no dey free me and I'm happy for once that we are being taught on the need to free those we've opressed with our hearts and also give.

Right now I've forgiven the phone dealer that sold me an "Lg clone" and refused to take it back, the person that stole my phone, and everyone who hurt me. I set them free
Modified.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by rinzaugustine: 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
[quote author=lightblazingnow post=65684884][/quote]Good one
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by specco(m): 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
nwamabo247:
HI my name is celestine nwankwo,a 28yrs old. for past 11yrs
now i have been down
with spinal cord injure
my father has been blind
for over 30yrs now.my
seniors brothers
business is not moving
fine.they the ones taking
care of our feeding and
medications(i.e me and my old parent).but right now
things are very bad for
us no money to eat
again hunger is dealing with
us.please i need ur
prayer and finacial
help.thank and God bless You.09027837654
With God all things are possible. Why not find your way to the Synagogue Church Of All Nations where the Man of God for this generation (Prophet T. B Joshua) will heal you and your family in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Watch Emmanuel Television and see what God does in that Church in Ikotun, Lagos.
Re: This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs by CandidSeeker(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
jumpandpas:

John 3:17 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned:but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Kindly apply your username :

Jump and pas...

-Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Community Seals Pastor’s House In Ondo For Burying Charms (Photo) / Bishop Tom Samson Embarks On Road Rehabilitation In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.