Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones (5053 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Redmi Phones Are Scam / How The 48MP Camera Of Redmi 9T Failed A Simple Camera Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by tgmservice: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2018
Why are you guys hyping this redmi phone, i bought the redmi 5a and i was so disappointed the camera is worst of the worst, it claims to be 13mp but it cannot beat 8mp on a tecno phone.

A Gionee phone which i used before the 13mp camera is a 1000 times better.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by iSage: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2018
So camera is the measure of a phone capabilities ? The camera is only as good as the person using it. Seems you're used to those overexposed cameras that's why you're finding it difficult to adjust to a good one. smiley

14 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by tgmservice: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2018
iSage:
So camera is the measure of a phone capabilities ? The camera is only as good as the person using it. Seems you're used to those overexposed cameras that's why you're finding it difficult to adjust to a good one. smiley
yes camera is a top factor in grading a phone why do must phone companies use camera as their selling point.

Abeg the phone camera is just to wack

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by GrandMufti: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2018
tgmservice:
Why are you guys hyping this redmi phone, i bought the redmi 5a and i was so disappointed the camera is worst of the worst, it claims to be 13mp but it cannot beat 8mp on a tecno phone.

You get what you pay for. If you want a better digital experience, buy the flagship MI series.

Besides, I'm not sure those hyping it based their praises solely on the camera; there a far many features which you wouldn't find in other phones in the same price bracket.

Meanwhile in case you wan hail the phone, buzz me wink

6 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by majour(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hey guys, not used to this redmi phones but I want to order the redmi 5 plus 4gb/64gb variant global, can anyone tell me if its a great choice, I've got a budget of 75k, thanks
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2018
A UK used Samsung galaxy s6edge or s7edge is better off all these Chinese craps you call mobile phones.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Gptech(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
GrandMufti:

You get what you pay for. If you want a better digital experience, buy the flagship MI series.

Besides, I'm not sure those hyping it based their praises solely on the camera; there a far many features which you wouldn't find in other phones in the same price bracket.

Meanwhile in case you wan hail the phone, buzz me wink
Badt guy, hehehehe grin.
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Gptech(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
tgmservice:

Bros, megapixel count is not what determines picture quality in cameras, the top 3 cameras on mobile phones currently are all 12mp. You bought an entry level phone with lots of compromises of which camera is major. You simply get what you pay for. Again if you intend selling, am interested wink.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by GrandMufti: 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
Gptech:

Bros, megapixel count is not what determines picture quality in cameras, the top 3 cameras on mobile phones currently are all 12mp. You bought an entry level phone with lots of compromises of which camera is major. You simply get what you pay for. Again if you intend selling, am interested wink.

tongue

Na me go buy am
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Protein0: 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Protein0:

LATEST UPDATE!!! (26/02/'18)
XIAOMI
Redmi 4A 2+16gb 37k
Redmi 4x 2+16gb 45k
Redmi 4x 3+32gb 55k
Redmi note 4x 3+16gb 54k
Redmi Note 4x 3+32gb 62kk
Redmi 5plus 3+32gb: 72k
Redmi 5plus 4+64gb: 79k
Mi max 2 4+64gb 88k
Mi max 2 4+128gb 110k
Mi note 3 4+64gb: 117k
Mi note 3 6+64gb: 119.5k
Mi note 3 6+128gb: 136k
mi6 4+64gb 136k
Mi6 6+64gb 150k
Mi mix 2 6+64gb: 183k
Mi mix 2 6+128gb: 195k

ONEPLUS
OnePlus 5t 6+64gb: 197k
OnePlus 5t 8+128gb: 220k

Xiaomi capsule earphone: 4k

POWER BANKS
Xiaomi 2 10,000mah: 8k
Xiaomi 2c (new model) 20,000mah: 13k

HUAWEI, NOKIA, ZTE, OPPO, MEIZU, LENOVO, and other brands can be gotten too

5-7working days delivery to Lagos.
Outside-Lagos bound orders will be waybilled afterwards.
Two tempered glasses and one silicone case gifts for every phone.
So what are you waiting for? call or whatsapp 07063579846 to get yours

Thanks kiss kiss
kiss
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by obi58: 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
tgmservice:

Attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by OneKinGuy(m): 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
who is this one and what is he saying

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by freak33: 1:13am On Mar 10, 2018
xiaomi phones are overhyped abeg, they don't even have a customer service here upon how we Nigerians patronize them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Baroba(m): 2:39am On Mar 10, 2018
tgmservice:

..Do you know Redmi 5a is an entry level device. Most mid range chinco phones cannot even compete with it.. You forgot to mention how much you paid for it..

Next time buy a mid range like the Mi5x or A1 or go for the big boys Mi Mix or MI6.. cool

1 Like

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by eleojo23: 6:04am On Mar 10, 2018
OP bought a phone of about 33k and he wants to have the best camera experience. That phone is among the lowest Xiaomi phones. Camera wasn't their focus.

You got a phone with a Snapdragon processor , IR blaster, quality build and good support via OTA updates for that price and you are still complaining.

If camera was your main focus, then you didn't do your research well. You would have gone for Xiaomi flagships. You can't have everything you want in a low budget device. You want the phone manufacturer to close shop ni?

8 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by eleojo23: 6:29am On Mar 10, 2018
freak33:
xiaomi phones are overhyped abeg, they don't even have a customer service here upon how we Nigerians patronize them.

Forget service center...if you buy quality stuff, there would be no need for any service center.
And there is nothing special is repairing a Xiaomi phone, any good phone repairer can do it. The only thing is you may have to order the replacement parts (and they are cheap!).
Those who buy Xiaomi phones in Naija know what they are getting into (just like those buying Apple products) and they don't mind because they would rarely need a service center.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by nenergy(m): 7:59am On Mar 10, 2018
majour:
Hey guys, not used to this redmi phones but I want to order the redmi 5 plus 4gb/64gb variant global, can anyone tell me if its a great choice, I've got a budget of 75k, thanks
56k 2 days delivery. Pay on delivery 0.8.0.2.3.8.7.0.2.7.2
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by majour(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2018
nenergy:

New?
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by obi58: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
Baroba:

..Do you know Redmi 5a is an entry level device. Most mid range chinco phones cannot even compete with it.. You forgot to mention how much you paid for it..

Next time buy a mid range like the Mi5x or A1 or go for the big boys Mi Mix or MI6.. cool

Don't mind the attention seeker. If he does not like the phone why not quietly put it up for sale

1 Like

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by tgmservice: 8:15am On May 11, 2018
yunglary:
Can youJzysupply4HQthis: 50 Tons Trucks Needed
Please visitmQvthe link9gMin the imageDsAbelow.
vzhD7g dammy13 ndlhyW yns4real k1mV2D chubbygal LZsFOS iamblissa FIs32e tgmservice
are you alright
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by bamac(m): 8:23am On May 11, 2018
tgmservice:

Nobody hyped the device, people loved other specifications of it too along with the megapixel and they know that it is not measured with megapixel. I knew from start that many other phones with 8MP can beat that of the Redmi note 5a and Redmi note 5A prime, but i recommended it for many and no complaint from them which gave me the boost to push that device as i do not want wahala for my customers.

Forget the picture, it is budget friendly with those huge specifications.
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Oyeleye101(m): 10:28am On May 11, 2018
nenergy:

New?
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by iamBlissA(f): 2:56pm On May 11, 2018
What nonsense is dis??

yunglary:
Can youJzysupply4HQthis: 50 Tons Trucks Needed
Please visitmQvthe link9gMin the imageDsAbelow.
vzhD7g dammy13 ndlhyW yns4real k1mV2D chubbygal LZsFOS iamblissa FIs32e tgmservice
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by henry007(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2018
tgmservice:

Lol you fell for hype. You should follow reviewer's advice and not marketers.
There's a huge truth gap in between.
You should see Camera/video samples and what not, rather than just words.
Redmi in general isn't a camera centric smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi is all about processor and battery life at a good price. They picked their pros wisely to me. It's now left for buyers not to expect everything else to come with that especially at the price you're paying.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Elxandre(m): 5:08pm On May 11, 2018
Lol.
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Elxandre(m): 5:11pm On May 11, 2018
henry007:

Lol you fell for hype. You should follow reviewer's advice and not marketers.
There's a huge truth gap in between.
You should see Camera/video samples and what not, rather than just words.
Redmi in general isn't a camera centric smartphone
Which marketers?

If I tell you Galaxy S9 is the best in the world, does it mean it has the best battery life out there?
A phone might be lacking in aspect, that doesn't make it a poor device.

Its left to you to research to check if your desired phone has the feature you seek in perfection.

Most guys i know of would certainly choose slightly worse off camera instead of a shitty MTK 6580/6737 33k would have gotten him on Tecno/Infinix

1 Like

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by henry007(m): 5:14pm On May 11, 2018
Elxandre:

Which marketers?

If I tell you Galaxy S9 is the best in the world, does it mean it has the best battery life out there?
A phone might be lacking in aspect, that doesn't make it a poor device.

Its left to you to research to check if your desired phone has the feature you seek in perfection.

The question would actually be about who the person saying it is. There a videos of maybe a dozen well known tech reveiwers spilling tea about why they use a Google Pixel and not a Samsung. It's interesting to form your opinion based on your needs and not someone else's. The "why" is important.

1 Like

Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Elxandre(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2018
henry007:

The question would actually be about who the person saying it is. There a videos of maybe a dozen well known tech reveiwers spilling tea about why they use a Google Pixel and not a Samsung. It's interesting to form your opinion based on your needs and not someone else's. The "why" is important.
I updated my comment
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by Elxandre(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2018
By the way, what do you think about the Note 5 pro's camera?
Have you seen it?
Henry007
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by henry007(m): 5:27pm On May 11, 2018
Elxandre:

I updated my comment

Me i only know that people like what they like and whether it's saturated or over exposed, nothing is going to convince them that duller photos are what's hot.

Elxandre:
By the way, what do you think about the Note 5 pro's camera?
Have you seen it?
Henry007

I haven't seen it in real life but based in comparison videos I saw, Xiaomi didn't sacrifice the camera for anything else. It's amazing.
Re: Why The Hype Of Redmi Phones by donshady(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2018
I buy Amazon Gift Card with cash and debit receipt, I also buy Amazon gift card with no receipt.
I BUY iTunes gift card (Physical card and E-code)
Walmart gift card.
EBay gift card.
Steam Wallet gift card
Google play card
FAST PAYMENT BEST RATESI BUY BULK AND SINGLE Card.

. Call/WhatsApp

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Best Phones With Under Display Fingerprint Sensor / Need Help With Unlock Code For Lg 500g Locked To Tracfone Wireless / Look At The Nigerian Drinks In Buhari New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.