Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss (27735 Views)

Manager Sack Over ‘cruel’ Response To Employee With Son On Life Support / Meet The Lady Who Makes Furniture With Used Tyres Gotten From Dumpsites. / Meet The Lady Who Makes Furniture With Used Tyres Gotten From Dumpsites. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Guys
The story is not too Long but I will just want to know you opinion and advice, if possibly HELP OF ANOTHER JOB, please no insult.......

Am a graduate of Office Technology & Management with 4 years experience on Secretary, Front Desk, & Customer Service.... staying at Ajah Lagos

Ending of January I got a job through nairaland, the office is at Ajah, I was looking forward to work at ajah because I have an elderly woman am looking after, I don't want to work very far...
I was called for interview as a Secretary, on getting to the office, it was not what I was having in mind, the office is actually in a plaza, very small one at that, so i went in & was interviewed and salary was discussed, it was a very small amount for a graduate, but it's better than staying at home and I have huge responsibility, so I accepted the offer and to start working February.o

Oe week I discovered I was the only employee, anyone he interviewed on phone after coming to see the office they ran away because of the office Condition.. In the office No system to work with, only one lap top used by the boss alone, only one standing fan facing him alone, he promised to get my system,and new standing fan the day he was interviewing me, but he didn't, I doo come to work with a hand fan, and goes home smelling sweat, buying sure & rolling like mad..

I have never done anything relating to what I was employed for, what I do is going errands for him, he sends me out to many places, to go meet friends, collect receipts and all that are very far place, I endured through till it's time to pay me, he started posting me, today tomorrow, this evening, tomorrow morning, this afternoon, EVEN when I told home I need to go for my late father burial arrangements on Sunday cos I work Saturday, he said he would send my salary and he didn't...

Then one Sunday he called me to come to office to come collect my salary, I was happy at least am getting paid for my sweat.... getting to the office, he handed over the money to me I counted it, and I discovered the money was short of 5k, I asked he said the 5 thousand was for TAX.......I was speechless at first,. because he didn't tell me anything as such and how is 5k for TAX only, This is the money after paying all my debt am left with nothing.............

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by merit455(m): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks for the information

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
5000 for Tax

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
GEKE:
Hello Guys
The story is not too Long but I will just want to know you opinion and advice, if possibly HELP OF ANOTHER JOB, please no insult.......

Am a graduate of Office Technology & Management with 4 years experience on Secretary, Front Desk, & Customer Service.... staying at Ajah Lagos
Ending of January I got a job through nairaland, the office is at Ajah, I was looking forward to work at ajah because I have an elderly woman am looking after, I don't want to work very far...
I was called for interview as a Secretary, on getting to the office, it was not what I was having in mind, the office is actually in a plaza, very small one at that, so i went in & was interviewed and salary was discussed, it was a very small amount for a graduate, but it's better than staying at home and I have huge responsibility, so I accepted the offer and to start working February.one week I discovered I was the only employee, anyone he interviewed on phone after coming to see the office they ran away because of the office Condition.. In the office No system to work with, only one lap top used by the boss alone, only one standing fan facing him alone, he promised to get my system,and new standing fan the day he was interviewing me, but he did, Ido come to work with a hand fan, and goes home smelling sweat, buying sure & rolling like mad..I have never done anything relating to what I was employed for, what I do is going errands for him, he sends me out to many places, to go meet friends, collect receipts and all that are very far place, I endured through till it's time to pay me, he started posting me, today tomorrow, this evening, tomorrow morning, this afternoon, EVEN when I told home I need to go for my late father burial arrangements on Sunday cos I work Saturday, he said he would send my salary and he didn't...then one Sunday he called me to come to office to come collect my salary, I was happy at least am getting paid for my sweat.... getting to the office, he handed over the money to me I counted it, and I discovered the money was short of 5k, I asked he said the 5 thousand was for TAX.......I was speechless at first,. because he didn't tell me anything as such and how is 5k for TAX only, This is the money after paying all my debt am left with nothing.............t
The company Smartkraft Limited, cos he will come here again to look for workers, beware, he doesn't pay, after work he tells stories so I heard.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2018
GEKE:
Hello Guys

I was called for interview as a Secretary, on getting to the office, it was not what I was having in mind, the office is actually in a plaza, very small one at that, so i went in & was interviewed and salary was discussed, it was a very small amount for a graduate, but it's better than staying at home and I have huge responsibility, so I accepted the offer and to start working February.one week I discovered I was the only employee, anyone he interviewed on phone after coming to see the office they ran away because of the office Condition.. In the office No system to work with, only one lap top used by the boss alone, only one standing fan facing him alone, he promised to get my system,and new standing fan the day he was interviewing me, but he did, Ido come to work with a hand fan, and goes home smelling sweat, buying sure & rolling like mad..I have never done anything relating to what I was employed for, what I do is going errands for him, he sends me out to many places, to go meet friends, collect receipts and all that are very far place, I endured through till it's time to pay me, he started posting me, today tomorrow, this evening, tomorrow morning, this afternoon, EVEN when I told home I need to go for my late father burial arrangements on Sunday cos I work Saturday, he said he would send my salary and he didn't...then one Sunday he called me to come to office to come collect my salary, I was happy at least am getting paid for my sweat.... getting to the office, he handed over the money to me I counted it, and I discovered the money was short of 5k, I asked he said the 5 thousand was for TAX.......I was speechless at first,. because he didn't tell me anything as such and how is 5k for TAX only, This is the money after paying all my debt am left with nothing.............t
The company Smartkraft Limited, cos he will come here again to look for workers, beware, he doesn't pay, after work he tells stories so I heard.
hmmmmmm, speechless and short of words but it is well my dear. Hope, believe and have faith in God. He will make a way where there is no way. Just have faith. Thanks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by vivalavida(m): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
This is front page worthy.

All these slave masters need to be exposed

46 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
#5,000 naira for tax? shocked I'm a Tax Consultant and that is unbelievable too much!!!! Just for a month? Kai
So in essence, if you worked for him for a year, you will be paying a total of #60,000 naira for tax annually? grin grin grin

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by LordHiffy(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
im very sure even he doesnt pay upto 5000 tax per month for his business

9 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
SmartKraft?? Well, he's smart indeed. Sometimes you would need to check the name of the company very well before accepting their offers.

CEO, SmartKraft would be a smart and dubious bloke actually.

27 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2018
The signs were all there but you decided to dive in.. Its a lesson to learn and added to your wealth of experience..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=Tosinex post=65696991]The signs were all there but you decided to dive in.. Its a lesson to learn and added to your wealth of experience.. [/quote

That is what every graduate does if they are desperate to work....]

4 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
iamTeBz:
SmartKraft?? Well, he's smart indeed. Sometimes you would need to check the name of the company very well before accepting their offers.

CEO, SmartKraft would be a smart and dubious bloke actually.
sometimes name of a firm doesn't tell, I want to leave the house and assist those looking into me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
francesjoe:
hmmmmmm, speechless and short of words but it is well my dear. Hope, believe and have faith in God. He will make a way where there is no way. Just have faith. Thanks
Amen.... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Michelle55: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
cry don't worry dear, God will pick our calls soonest.. as for that your boss.... I don't know what to say cuz im matter left me speechless. 5k for tax kwa?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by rawtouch: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
hmmm..

P.M.B.2019 daura..

3 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Facebooker(f): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
Just like you said, your story is too long

If we ain't talking about sucking, count me out
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Abbeyme: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
5k tax bawo??

Is he the Lagos State Government??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
Buhari you see your life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by AnonHq(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
Exploitation is common in our society and sadly there's little or nothing you can do about it... If you are not happy at your current job its best to walk away than work through thick and thin to be paid peanuts
Monkey dey work baboon dey chop

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by yeyeboi(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ok
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by noble71(m): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
shocked
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by freakcin: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
@op, that job might just sap living daylights out of you. What does your employment letter say? There are peeps who pay double and triple digits in tax monthly, depends on your salary and condition stated in your letter of employment.

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
A better job is on the way

7 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Acidosis(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
damn

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by alatbaba1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
haaaa. I Don faint

7 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by SaintHilary(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
Typical Ikota Shooping Complex job
*Can relate*

9 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by haibe(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:
#5,000 naira for tax? shocked I'm a Tax Consultant and that is unbelievable too much!!!! Just for a month? Kai
So is he saying that, if you worked for him for a year, you will be paying a total of #60,000 naira for tax annually? grin grin grin
How can you say 5k is too much, why not ask what her Gross Pay is first

21 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by stonecoldcafe: 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
GEKE:
Hello Guys

I was called for interview as a Secretary, on getting to the office, it was not what I was having in mind, the office is actually in a plaza, very small one at that, so i went in & was interviewed and salary was discussed, it was a very small amount for a graduate, but it's better than staying at home and I have huge responsibility, so I accepted the offer and to start working February.o

Oe week I discovered I was the only employee, anyone he interviewed on phone after coming to see the office they ran away because of the office Condition.. In the office No system to work with, only one lap top used by the boss alone, only one standing fan facing him alone, he promised to get my system,and new standing fan the day he was interviewing me, but he didn't, I doo come to work with a hand fan, and goes home smelling sweat, buying sure & rolling like mad..

I have never done anything relating to what I was employed for, what I do is going errands for him, he sends me out to many places, to go meet friends, collect receipts and all that are very far place, I endured through till it's time to pay me, he started posting me, today tomorrow, this evening, tomorrow morning, this afternoon, EVEN when I told home I need to go for my late father burial arrangements on Sunday cos I work Saturday, he said he would send my salary and he didn't...

Then one Sunday he called me to come to office to come collect my salary, I was happy at least am getting paid for my sweat.... getting to the office, he handed over the money to me I counted it, and I discovered the money was short of 5k, I asked he said the 5 thousand was for TAX.......I was speechless at first,. because he didn't tell me anything as such and how is 5k for TAX only, This is the money after paying all my debt am left with nothing.............

Try to broaden your horizon. To be honest, a job at Ajah... I dont know sha....
Your course is a nice one. A lot of administrative/customer care jobs abound online; dont quit, keep at it. You may have to move a bit further you know. Chevron, Jakande area or Lekki. It is well with you.

PS: You can make so much in Lekki to pay someone else to look after the elderly person and still have enough spare cash for yourself. I'm just being honest with you

7 Likes

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by CAPSLOCKED: 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
GEKE:

LOL

BY TAX, HE MEANT MONEY FOR BEER.

YOUR BOSS USED THAT PART OF YOUR MONEY TO DRINK BEER! grin cheesy

YOU SHOULD BETTER QUIT THAT JOB AND GET YOURSELF ONE SMALL TABLE AT THE JUNCTION.

SELLING VEGETABLES, EGUSI AND DRIED FISH IS BETTER THAN THIS THING YOU CALL JOB. undecided

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by bigtt76(f): 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
Probably a 'Startup' Venture cheesy grin .....LayGos nor keee porsin. You begin work with only one laptop and standing fan belonging to the MD/CEO ....you think say the place go 'Scale' after them get 'Seed-Capital' like all those Yaba boys de yob us all. Beware of them all oooo! Imagine N5K for tax, how much was he paying you? He probably wanted to 'chop' you grin

GEKE:
Hello Guys

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? / Starting Project Management Training/certification / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.