Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss (27740 Views)

Manager Sack Over ‘cruel’ Response To Employee With Son On Life Support / Meet The Lady Who Makes Furniture With Used Tyres Gotten From Dumpsites. / Meet The Lady Who Makes Furniture With Used Tyres Gotten From Dumpsites. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Sanchez01: 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
haibe:

So for the lady in question, you think the reputation of her company in a plaza is very high? That's why you are assuming her employment letter should show the Net pay?
Your argument is inconsistent. I didn't premise my argument on the lady's place of work. I only thought to correct an assertion which you erroneously shared.
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by obajoey(m): 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
GEKE:
Prof Wole Soyinka, "Am the only one employed"Tell me you have never made mistake while typing, I was surprised I made just few mistake,cos i type very fast and I didn't proof read this, so if you have never made mistake b4, congrats...

You got me wrong lady, I mean no harm. I was just surprised when you said you are the only employee working there aside the owner.
I mean no harm honestly, not even looking at any typo, mine is to get the message you are passing.
I love you darling.

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
GEKE:
Hello Guys
The story is not too Long but I will just want to know you opinion and advice, if possibly HELP OF ANOTHER JOB, please no insult.......

Am a graduate of Office Technology & Management with 4 years experience on Secretary, Front Desk, & Customer Service.... staying at Ajah Lagos

Ending of January I got a job through nairaland, the office is at Ajah, I was looking forward to work at ajah because I have an elderly woman am looking after, I don't want to work very far...
I was called for interview as a Secretary, on getting to the office, it was not what I was having in mind, the office is actually in a plaza, very small one at that, so i went in & was interviewed and salary was discussed, it was a very small amount for a graduate, but it's better than staying at home and I have huge responsibility, so I accepted the offer and to start working February.o

Oe week I discovered I was the only employee, anyone he interviewed on phone after coming to see the office they ran away because of the office Condition.. In the office No system to work with, only one lap top used by the boss alone, only one standing fan facing him alone, he promised to get my system,and new standing fan the day he was interviewing me, but he didn't, I doo come to work with a hand fan, and goes home smelling sweat, buying sure & rolling like mad..

I have never done anything relating to what I was employed for, what I do is going errands for him, he sends me out to many places, to go meet friends, collect receipts and all that are very far place, I endured through till it's time to pay me, he started posting me, today tomorrow, this evening, tomorrow morning, this afternoon, EVEN when I told home I need to go for my late father burial arrangements on Sunday cos I work Saturday, he said he would send my salary and he didn't...

Then one Sunday he called me to come to office to come collect my salary, I was happy at least am getting paid for my sweat.... getting to the office, he handed over the money to me I counted it, and I discovered the money was short of 5k, I asked he said the 5 thousand was for TAX.......I was speechless at first,. because he didn't tell me anything as such and how is 5k for TAX only, This is the money after paying all my debt am left with nothing.............

report him to tax collector if e pain you
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Melahou(m): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
zarakikenpa:

I was also going to ask before I saw this. A friend recently got a job offer with gross of about 110k and somehow they refusing to disclose the NET, only saying tax deductions and all that will be made. Any idea what could be expected?

Your Tax deduction would likely be from 7k-12k depending on the benifits acrued to you.

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
I don't need love right now, what I need is JOB
obajoey:

You got me wrong lady, I mean no harm. I was just surprised when you said you are the only employee working there aside the owner.
I mean no harm honestly, not even looking at any typo, mine is to get the message you are passing.
I love you darling.
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Arkyval(m): 12:33am On Mar 11, 2018
No appointment letter, no emoyment. chikena.
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by slimjosh43: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
GEKE:
I don't need love right now, what I need is JOB
Send your cv to bonsu.joshuak@Gmail.com
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by Tunks2017(m): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
only if u live around lekki/Ajah,u'll understand beta.Sum of those boss are inhuman/ wicked.Dey pay their house help peanut.

Those companies with tyrant bosses that do such will not prosper IJN.......... angry sad sad sad

Especially in Lekki, Ajah & Ajegunle............

Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by ChocolateBunny: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2018
Good afternoon everyone, Please I'm in an urgent need of a job,I'm a Sociology Graduate and I have 3years experience as a Customer Service Representative,Please I don't mind any Administrative Job,Customer Service Representative,Graduate Trainee or an Internship Position,Please help me as I'm really tired of staying at home,..i reside in Lagos and i can be reached on my mail Tola4zedon@gmail.com ...Thank you
Re: I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss by kruusy: 12:39am On Mar 14, 2018
as d country hard, others want to take advantage of d job seekers...its not fair

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? / Starting Project Management Training/certification / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.