Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Motivational Books Better For Youths - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Motivational Books Better For Youths (1746 Views)

Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / What Are Your Five (5) Best Motivational Books From Nigerian Authors? / Motivational Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motivational Books Better For Youths by Danasco(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2005
Motivational books are better for youths than fictions, pls lay your hands on some.
Re: Motivational Books Better For Youths by brick(m): 12:48am On Dec 30, 2005
they have really inspired me to take challenging steps that have been worthwhile
Re: Motivational Books Better For Youths by niniowo(f): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2006
Comparing motivational books with fiction is akin to comparing apple with orange! They are both for different purposes. Motivational books are meant to inspire and challenge you. Fiction is meant to fire your creativity and imagination. It was Shakespare who said that 'nothing is either good or bad, thinking make it so.' It is the use to which you adopt the books that will detemine their utility or otherwise.

If you read John Maxwell's motivational books you will admire his creativity and the fact that he has read wide. Motivational books are good, fictions are not bad.

1 Like

Re: Motivational Books Better For Youths by Ashbaby(f): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2006
Motivational books. I don't know if daily living books fall under that category, but the motivational books I've read in the past one year have been about dating with a purpose, and keeping our hearts and minds sealed in this sex-saturated world. I bumped into them in 2003, my fave author is Joshua Harris. My eyes have been very much opened to things I thought were just 'casual' and 'acceptable'. The other series of books I've read are the every young man's battle and every young woman's battle. Another daily living book. Elisabeth Elliot is another of my fave authors when it comes to daily living. I have a library of them. Check out joshharris.com.
Re: Motivational Books Better For Youths by jude19: 4:11am On Feb 03, 2011
moltivational books has realy enhance my level of thinking.and also has developed my level of wisdom and speech
Re: Motivational Books Better For Youths by Xfactor2(f): 6:47am On Feb 04, 2011
niniowo:

Comparing motivational books with fiction is akin to comparing apple with orange! They are both for different purposes. Motivational books are meant to inspire and challenge you. Fiction is meant to fire your creativity and imagination. It was Shakespare who said that 'nothing is either good or bad, thinking make it so.' It is the use to which you adopt the books that will detemine their utility or otherwise.

If you read John Maxwell's  motivational books you will admire his creativity and the fact that he has read wide. Motivational books are good, fictions are not bad.

I absolutely agree with your very astute and concise argument. Each has it's place. It has taken works of fiction to move my 12 year old from play stations and tv to becoming a bookworm. My own history is littered with great works of fiction which were an escape and coping mechanism for some of life unpleasantries. It was even the characters in some of these books who became so real to me that I got motivated by them to make something of my life and not succumb to the poverty that was about me at the time.

I have dabbled in motivational literature in my adult life and they did serve to affirm what I already know, but they have rarely inspired a creative thought in me, and so yes, they are incomparable.

(1) (Reply)

Life's Witty Inspirational Poem / Buy Audreytimms' Unfulfilled Promises For Just 200 Naira / Diary Of My Love Life...3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.