Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783087 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2018
Please house, how long does it take for a correspondent letter to arrive in my cic account, eligibility and background still running even after Approval.. I tire mehn.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2018
Really!! Thanks.

Lagos2canna:

If the embassy is about to approve your study visa they normally send mail to the school confirming your student number, names, date of birth and start date.
So I will advise you screenshot your cic online account to your school or forward the responses from the Web message to your school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 9:30am On Aug 14, 2018
shegxyt:
A P P R O V A L!!! ……….unto God be ALL the glory…

I got to know about this thread after 7weeks that I have submitted my applications. Having gone through almost all the Parts, I realized that I made couple of mistakes and omissions…but with God nothing is impossible. Prayer_Patience is the KEY!!!

I would like to appreciate contributions and guidance from the experienced seniors on this platform…..the list is endless: @justwise, @thesoj @osemigho, @glam444 @austinpee4, @jnyuwa02, @frankrobbn1, @canadiannurse, @wealth360, and Others. Kudos to you guys…..

Timeline:
Online Application Submitted: June 5
Biometrics Mail: June 12
Biometrics Done: June 13
Medical Mail: Aug 1
Medicals Done: Aug 3
Medicals Passed: Aug 5
Passport Request/Approval: Aug 6

University of Calgary

For those waiting; you are next to testify.

Modified:
Passport Submission: Aug 7
Visa Processed: Aug 9
Passport Collection with Visa (issued at London): Aug 13.

URGENT: Please anyone going to calgary soon or currently there? ....Seniors thesoj, osemigho & others.... Pls HELP, I need answers to some questions!!!

Thank you ALL and God bless!!!
Congratulations, I'm happy for you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Clara2244(f): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2018
Good morning gurus in the house, i applied for my study permit on 9th August and i paid 150$ i was wondering if this covers for biometric as well cos i haven't been called for biometric yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by IbrahimITNS: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2018
Good morning.

Please i got a message on my application saying there no update on your application since the last time you checked[b][/b].

Please what does this mean?

I applied 15th june and did Biometrics 22nd june.

Online route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henrykingiv: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2018
Hello Everyone. Please I want to make a change in my Study application form. I want to change the City/Town of my Current employment section.

How can I request for this from consulate.

I used Online to submit.

Thanks. Awaiting response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mistamajesty: 9:49am On Aug 14, 2018
Clara2244:
Good morning gurus in the house, i applied for my study permit on 9th August and i paid 150$ i was wondering if this covers for biometric as well cos i haven't been called for biometric yet.
Is this your first time of applying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2018
Henrykingiv:
Hello Everyone. Please I want to make a change in my Study application form. I want to change the City/Town of my Current employment section.

I used Online to submit.

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jayjaycee18: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2018
kingfintan:
Please house, how long does it take for a correspondent letter to arrive in my cic account, eligibility and background still running even after Approval.. I tire mehn.

You may have to exercise little patience. The CIC website seems to be currently down on scheduled maintenance. Hence, you may not get the correspondence letter until the website maintenance is completed. This is the message on CIC website as at yesterday ''This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday August 14, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance''.

Good luck and all the best ahead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2018
Congrats shegxy,glory be to God

shegxyt:

I got to know about this thread after 7weeks that I have submitted my applications. Having gone through almost all the Parts, I realized that I made couple of mistakes and omissions…but with God nothing is impossible. Prayer_Patience is the KEY!!!

I would like to appreciate contributions and guidance from the experienced seniors on this platform…..the list is endless: @justwise, @thesoj @osemigho, @glam444 @austinpee4, @jnyuwa02, @frankrobbn1, @canadiannurse, @wealth360, and Others. Kudos to you guys…..

Timeline:

University of Calgary

Modified:

URGENT: Please anyone going to calgary soon or currently there? ....Seniors thesoj, osemigho & others.... Pls HELP, I need answers to some questions!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2018
Congrats Shegx,glory be to God
shegxyt:

Timeline:

University of Calgary

Modified:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2018
Nigeria is 5 hours ahead of Eastern time..............so the CIC website will be unavailable from 8.30am to 10.30am Nigerian Time.

Jayjaycee18:

You may have to exercise little patience. The CIC website seems to be currently down on scheduled maintenance. Hence, you may not get the correspondence letter until the website maintenance is completed. This is the message on CIC website as at yesterday ''This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday August 14, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance''.

Good luck and all the best ahead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wiz3: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2018
good morning all.
i submitted my app on via online route on 16th may
biometric done on 31st may
medical done on 21st june
medical passed on 29th june.
since then i've been awaiting CIC's decision. My program at Seneca College starts on 4th September. Is it normal for passport request to take this long? Thinking of my next line of action

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by EddardJack: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2018
Send a mail!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2018
June 29th online applicant.
Did Biometrics 3rd July.
Eligibility review just started today 14th August.
Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2018
amihbkt767676:

I notice the eligibilty rewiew on wednesday, like 4 days after background check.
Fear not bro, we shall overcome

Any update after eligibility review started? Medical request? Anything?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
I've been wondering and waiting for someone to comment... Would Canada not make more slots available for citizens from other Countries as their feud with Saudi worsens? If they pull out their students, it may affect the budget of schools and service providers (like accommodation, restaurants, hospitals, tourism, etc) adversely and they may be a need to cover some of the shortfall ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lagos2canna:

If the embassy is about to approve your study visa they normally send mail to the school confirming your student number, names, date of birth and start date.
So I will advise you screenshot your cic online account to your school or forward the responses from the Web message to your school

This is not correct! The embassy has all the info they need from the IRCC form the school sends you to apply for visa. They almost always never contact a school for these information. They have these info also from the forms you have filled. The school doesn’t know whether you are approved or denied visa until you tell them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
So what should I do?

jnyuwa02:

This is not correct! The embassy has all the info they need from the IRCC form the school sends you to apply for visa. They almost always never contact a school for these information. They have these info also from the forms you have filled. The school doesn’t know whether you are approved or denied visa until you tell them.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2018
wiz3:
good morning all.
i submitted my app on via online route on 16th may
biometric done on 31st may
medical done on 21st june
medical passed on 29th june.
since then i've been awaiting CIC's decision. My program at Seneca College starts on 4th September. Is it normal for passport request to take this long? Thinking of my next line of action

Was this medical requested or upfront?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
galala123:
I've been wondering and waiting for someone to comment... Would Canada not make more slots available for citizens from other Countries as their feud with Saudi worsens? If they pull out their students, it may affect the budget of schools and service providers (like accommodation, restaurants, hospitals, tourism, etc) adversely and they may be a need to cover some of the shortfall ASAP.

That is for the Canadian Govt to worry about, just get ut TRV simple

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
galala123:

That is for the Canadian Govt to worry about, just get ur TRV simple

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
mightyola:
So what should I do?

You need to write the school and tell them that due to the backlog in visa processing in Nigeria, you need an exception to the rule to allow a little bit more time for the High Commission to finish processing your application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
originally:

That is for the Canadian Govt to worry about, just get ur TRV simple
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2018
IbrahimITNS:
Good morning.

Please i got a message on my application saying there no update on your application since the last time you checked[b][/b].

Please what does this mean?

I applied 15th june and did Biometrics 22nd june.

Online route.

I guess some of our so called gurus said they send out such information randomly to people from time to time. Perhaps when you registered your online profile you checked a box that you wanted to be kept informed about the status of your application from time to time?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
Henrykingiv:

I used Online to submit.

You can’t after submitting and won’t make any difference at this point to your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Thanks. Should i email and also use the WEBFORM CIC regarding this issue.

I uploaded my medicals some days ago(Monday) using the WEBFORM and I also added a note stating the reason why I am uploading my medicals now.

Do i need to mail them once more about this recent development?

jnyuwa02:

You need to write the school and tell them that due to the backlog in visa processing in Nigeria, you need an exception to the rule to allow a little bit more time for the High Commission to finish processing your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
mightyola:
Thanks. Should i email and also use the WEBFORM CIC regarding this issue.

I uploaded my medicals some days ago(Monday) using the WEBFORM and I also added a note stating the reason why I am uploading my medicals now.

Do i need to mail them once more about this recent development?

You can use the webform. Takes about 10 days to get back to you or add the document to your profile. I find that writing Lagos is a lot faster. Takes only a day to address any issues. Don’t write CIC about any urgency, deal on that matter with your school and see if they would be able to create an exception for you to wait for CIC decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You can use the webform. Takes about 10 days to get back to you or add the document to your profile. I find that writing Lagos is a lot faster. Takes only a day to address any issues. Don’t write CIC about any urgency, deal on that matter with your school and see if they would be able to create an exception for you to wait for CIC decision.

Please guy how do I write to Lagos ? As in which email address should I use?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jayjaycee18: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2018
LONG POST ALERT!!!

All Glory and Adoration must go to the Almighty God, without whom I am nothing.
Appreciation to all the wonderful ladies and gents on this thread who have contributed in one way or the other in making this sometimes frustrating and difficult process, worthwhile.

My wife's application has been approved!!!
Timeline is below:
- Upfront Medical: June 1st 2018
- Online Application submitted on 4th of June 2018 (2years PGD)
- Biometrics request: 11th June 2018
- Biometrics done in VFS Lagos: 12th June 2018
- Medical passed & eligibility review commenced: 12th Aug 2018
- Application approved/passport request: today, 14th Aug 2018
- School resumes: 5th Sept 2018

Documents submitted:
- All applicant's completed CIC forms
- University Acceptance letter with 1st semester tuition fee confirmation of over $9k CAD,
- Applicant's Canada Bank Account Statement with over $10k CAD living expense
- Applicant's Educational certs, University Transcripts, plus NYSC cert and professional membership certs
- Applicant's Employment letter, promotion letter, Study leave approval letter, Company ID Badge, 6months payslips, Salary account SOA,
- Travel history (several trips in the last 12 years to the US, UK, Dubai, Canada, France and the Netherlands)

- Sponsor: Myself
- Sponsors docs submitted: Employment letter, Professional Membership, Data page, Travel history (several trips in the last 16 years to US, UK, Dubai, Canada, France, Germany and the Netherlands)
- Sponsors Financials: SOA of my Joint Account with wife, Salary Account SOA, my Resume (CV), Pension Fund Account summary, CSCS Statement of stockholding, Landed Properties survey plans and deeds of assignments showing joint ownership by both myself and wife (in Lagos, Abuja, Mowe-Ogun state and PH city)
- Treasury Bills Certificate of my Joint Account with wife

Supporting docs
- Letter of sponsorship signed by me with details of how i intend to support applicant's education
- Letter of Application for study permit addressed to CAD High commission,
- Detailed SOP showing that PGD is same course as both the Undergrad course, as well as the current employment role
- Detailed letter of Explanation (LOE) with itemized list/breakdown of all the documents being submitted
- Children's birth certificates and Intl passport data page
- Applicant's Resume, Awards received, Volunteer work done in the past, Marriage Cert and Newspaper Change of Name

PLUS ENOUGH PRAYERS, FASTING AND MORE PRAYERS.

N.B: Study gap was over 11 years, but applicant's SOP was very detailed and Resume showed what she was engaged in throughout all the gap years. Applicant's personal SOA had less than N200k naira at time of submission.

Finally, to all the TRV hopefuls, just keep on praying and commit all to the Almighty God, because yours is just close by.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Congratulations!!!

Jayjaycee18:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

All Glory and Adoration must go to the Almighty God, without whom I am nothing.
Appreciation to all the wonderful ladies and gents on this thread who have contributed in one way or the other in making this sometimes frustrating and difficult process, worthwhile.

My wife's application has been approved!!!
Timeline is below:
- Upfront Medical: June 1st 2018
- Online Application submitted on 4th of June 2018 (2years PGD)
- Biometrics request: 11th June 2018
- Biometrics done: 12th June 2018
- Medical passed & eligibility review commenced: 12th Aug 2018
- Application approved/passport request: today, 14th Aug 2018
- School resumes: 5th Sept 2018

Documents submitted:
- All applicant's completed CIC forms
- University Acceptance letter with 1st semester tuition fee confirmation of over $9k CAD,
- Applicant's Canada Bank Account Statement with over $10k CAD living expense
- Applicant's Educational certs, University Transcripts, plus NYSC cert and professional membership certs
- Applicant's Employment letter, promotion letter, Study leave approval letter, Company ID Badge, 6months payslips, Salary account SOA,
- Travel history (several trips in the last 12 years to the US, UK, Dubai, Canada, France and the Netherlands)

- Sponsor: Myself
- Sponsors docs submitted: Employment letter, Professional Membership, Data page, Travel history (several trips in the last 16 years to US, UK, Dubai, Canada, France, Germany and the Netherlands)
- Sponsors Financials: SOA of my Joint Account with wife, Salary Account SOA, my Resume (CV), Pension Fund Account summary, CSCS Statement of stockholding, Landed Properties survey plans and deeds of assignments showing joint ownership by both myself and wife (in Lagos, Abuja, Mowe-Ogun state and PH city)

Supporting docs
- Letter of sponsorship signed by me with details of how i intend to support applicant's education
- Letter of Application for study permit addressed to CAD High commission,
- Detailed SOP showing that PGD is same course as both the Undergrad course, as well as the current employment role
- Detailed letter of Explanation (LOE) with itemized list/breakdown of all the documents being submitted
- Children's birth certificates and Intl passport data page
- Applicant's Resume, Awards received, Volunteer work done in the past, Marriage Cert and Newspaper Change of Name

PLUS ENOUGH PRAYERS, FASTING AND MORE PRAYERS.

N.B: Study gap was over 11 years, but applicant's SOP was very detailed and Resume showed what she was engaged in throughout all the gap years.

Finally, to all the TRV hopefuls, just keep on praying and commit all to the Almighty God, because yours is just close by.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jayjaycee18: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
One key advise to all. Please, try to prepare and process your applications yourself. You can get information from the CIC website, key guidance and assistance from this Forum, from knowledgeable friends and even reputable Agents, but prepare and process Applications yourself to avoid stories that touch later.

I have seen many folks who where messed up by people who filled their applications on their behalf, and made terrible mistakes like not admitting past visa denials/refusals, forgery of and repeated use of same SOA's to apply for several applicants etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.