Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783065 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
orobs93:

did you track it
Yupp. It just showed it was available for pick up this evening.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pchilaka(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
bbclue:

https://www.nairaland.com/bbclue

Do you think I should still submit it?

Good evening guys, when I submitted my application, I didn't include my Sponsor's International data page(s), is that really necessary? Do I send them now? I applied since July 20th.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pchilaka(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good evening guys, when I submitted my application, I didn't include my Sponsor's International data page(s), is that really necessary? Do I send them now? I applied since July 20th.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Linzo:

My advice is
1. Let her not pay school fee if the school didn't request for initial deposit (mostly the colleges in Canada will ask for small deposit) before getting his/her offer letter, reason is this. In my opinion, paying school fee before applying for visa triggers the VO suspicion instinct that you're not genuine student who will leave Canada and hence you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt to VO that you're a genuine student. About 90% of the Visa refusals on this forum paid part of their fees in advance but of all those who applied without initial fee payment up to 95% got visa approved. Note: in either way you must prove to VO that you're a genuine student.
Secondly, paying fee before Visa application does not add single benefit to your application but rather makes it more prone to complex scrutiny. Apart from that, in the event of been refuse Visa you may also lose huge part of your fee if requested for refund. Some schools refund 30% , 50% and others you may lose the whole money after one deferment

2. Yes, but the Canada PR holder will emphasize the that he or her is doing so in order to help the student achieved his/her dreams back home after studying in Canada.

3. Both routes have equal chances, however in recent time, precisely last 3 has shown more favour to paper route in terms of processing pace

I know some people will argue No1 but fact speaks for itself

You are correct....in No 1.....I have 2 people from this forum that didn't pay tuition fee...and was called for medical last week....... and some school only demand 500cad for seat reservation and that alone can get your visa approved.....e.g...Sisikemo paid 1000cad...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
pchilaka:

Nawa oooo I thought someone has answer this same questions last week.....

Well it is not necessary...but am sure you submitted all other required documents...just cool your mind....and keep praying for an approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
walecott:
Yupp. It just showed it was available for pick up this evening.
okay what of the introduction letter when should we be expecting it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Chebe01: 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
it is absolutely subjective since there are no objective reasoning behind it. Applications are denied (or not) based on the a mix of different reasons. If there are conflicting crucial information in both applications then it might raise a red-flag. Other than that, there is no reason whatsoever one should delay a valid application based on reasons that are contrary to stated rules and guidelines.

However, the onus is on the applicant to make the decision on whether to delay their application or not and NOT on us making subjective inferences

jnyuwa02:

Different departments handle PR and TR of the same beauracracy. Information that could easily accessed by any of them at the tap of a button. I am glad you had both simultaneously running and it turned out favorable. All cases are not the same. It is a fact, not subjective proposition that one can be bounced for simply filing both applications at the same time. We have experienced at least two of those on this forum. It is better to err on the side of caution by pursuing both applications separately. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
orobs93:

okay what of the introduction letter when should we be expecting it?
You mean letter of correspondence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
walecott:
You mean letter of correspondence?
yes please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Linzo:

Is it possible for one to carry along his/her fee in Naira to Canada and probably get official rate at Canada bank when paying fees? because I'm thinking of carrying my fee along with me to Canada to avoid this killing exchange rate in Nigeria. Nigerian students in Canada please advice accordingly

I am not in Canada so I will not be able to comment on the possibility of changing Naira to CAD.

All I’m saying is that if you look hard enough, you could get exchange rate lower than the official rate. A N20 savings on a CAD isn’t bad, especially for peeps paying as much as $25,000CAD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
Chebe01:
it is absolutely subjective since there are no objective reasoning behind it. Applications are denied (or not) based on the a mix of different reasons. If there are conflicting crucial information in both applications then it might raise a red-flag. Other than that, there is no reason whatsoever one should delay a valid application based on reasons that are contrary to stated rules and guidelines.

However, the onus is on the applicant to make the decision on whether to delay their application or not and NOT on us making subjective inferences

I will recommend people pursue their TR and PR application separately not simultaneously to avoid stories that touch. In a world where a VO enjoys almost unfettered discretion, so called stated rules and guidelines are themselves subjective to the VO’s interpretation; to their whims and caprice. The onus is truly on the applicant which advice to take. In the proverbial saying of our people, where one dances and is given money, another dances at the same place at his own peril of been beaten black and blue. Thus the need to err on the side of caution.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemi028: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hello ... pls can u put me through d whole process of admission into university of manitoba... i am looking at fall session next year... pls would really appreciate u...
Henkubert:
I am new on this forum though I have been following this forum since May 19 when I applied online for my study permit.Since May 19 no response from the CIC until 21st I got a medical request on the 21st of August a day to my resumption in the university of Winnipeg Manitoba (Pace)

I have done my medicals on the 23 though my medical has not been update.

I already called my school for differer and I was giving a new addmision letter for February 2019.

Please what are my chances of getting a study permit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezegees(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good day day house. Please I have a little enquiry. Thanks in advance. My Bsc is in Biochemistry.I had an overall GP of 3.4/5. My 3rd and 4th year GP are 2.6 and 3.17 simultaneously. What are my chances of getting admission for Masters in Biotechnology in Canada??. I graduated in 2015.i got my NYSC discharge cert in 2017. My Work experience has not been Biochemistry related at all. Please I need your Candid advice!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Bro or Sisi....Nigerian Naira is not an international currency...so carrying physical nigerian naira cash is a sorry case.....options are for u to pay your fees for your school in Nigeria using Form A, or you change ur currency to dollars or CAD or you use the most expensive route of funding your naira account with banks whose debit card can work abroad....but trust me there are daily withdrawal limit.

Linzo:

Is it possible for one to carry along his/her fee in Naira to Canada and probably get official rate at Canada bank when paying fees? because I'm thinking of carrying my fee along with me to Canada to avoid this killing exchange rate in Nigeria. Nigerian students in Canada please advice accordingly

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ezegees:
Good day day house. Please I have a little enquiry. Thanks in advance. My Bsc is in Biochemistry.I had an overall GP of 3.4/5. My 3rd and 4th year GP are 2.6 and 3.17 simultaneously. What are my chances of getting admission for Masters in Biotechnology in Canada??. I graduated in 2015.i got my NYSC discharge cert in 2017. My Work experience has not been Biochemistry related at all. Please I need your Candid advice!!

Masters admission might be difficult with your CGPA. Check out the link below for a PGD program

http://www.concordia.ca/artsci/biology/programs/graduate/diploma-biotechnology-genomics.html[url]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
Naira is not an international currency. I heard CBN gives official exchange rate if you show them your study visa.

Linzo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
Please does UBC refund application fee ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
geotherm:
Naira is not an international currency. I heard CBN gives official exchange rate if you show them your study visa.

OK bro, I will like to get more info regard the CBN official rate to student with study Visa. Please kindly, reply my PM so we can share info on the subject matter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
@Jnyuwa02, Please let me inquire from you; Can I online submit my application and upload the medicals maybe in two days time, I just did my medicals today and the medical center said the result will be out on Monday, but I want to submit my application tomorrow - hence my question.

Secondly, the bank statement I used; since I did not know which address I will address the statement to I asked the bank to send it to the following address:

The High Commissioner
Canada Visa Application Centre
SilverBird Entertainment Centre
Plot 1161, Memorial Drive 2nd Floor
Central Business District, Abuja

Did I err in asking for the address to be used thus.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pchilaka(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
vivicintia(f): 9:38pm

UBC application fee is free for Nigerians.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezegees(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks a bunch Doyenrey. I had an initial plan of going for a fresh degree in Nursing, but after reading through the thread, I found out that it's difficult getting a Student Visa with that. I don't really fancy Biochemistry but can further if that's my only means of immigrating to Canada. What are my chances of getting a Student visa with a PGD Admission Letter?I intend applying for masters after the PGD. Will I need to apply for another 2 years Student Visa for the masters after the PDG? Can I get a Job (and PR also) if I decide to stop at PDG?Thanks a lot guys for your Assistance. God Bless!
Doyenrey:

Masters admission might be difficult with your CGPA. Check out the link below for a PGD program

http://www.concordia.ca/artsci/biology/programs/graduate/diploma-biotechnology-genomics.html[url]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2018
Trapping:
@Jnyuwa02, Please let me inquire from you; Can I online submit my application and upload the medicals maybe in two days time, I just did my medicals today and the medical center said the result will be out on Monday, but I want to submit my application tomorrow - hence my question.

Secondly, the bank statement I used; since I did not know which address I will address the statement to I asked the bank to send it to the following address:

The High Commissioner

Thanks

They are supposed to give you a one pager with barcode number which you will upload. It's not your responsibility to upload the results. It may have your picture on it. You were to collect the form immediately after the medicals for uploading with your application as per upfront medicals. Perhaps you should go back to collect it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sir...."form A" transaction is wat you use for invisible transactions...invisible transactions are medical bills,school fees,.etc ....once u are doing "form A" transaction in any Nigerian bank....you get the CBN prevailing rate for that day of the transaction.....so pay your school fees via "form A".

However...for PTA, it is capped at USD4000.....banks will not sell more than USD4000 cash to you per quarter....and you must present an airticket, valid visa and international passport....so any additional cash you want....u buy from bureau De change....shikeena

geotherm:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
Linzo:

OK bro, I will like to get more info regard the CBN official rate to student with study Visa. Please kindly, reply my PM so we can share info on the subject matter

Don't get greedy and loose your money in the name of saving too much. Proceed with caution... If it's too good, it likely aint true. Meanwhile were you considering packing you Naira to Canada inside Ghana-must-Go? Canada-must-come!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezegees(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Suggestions Please. Thanks!
Ezegees:
Thanks a bunch Doyenrey. I had an initial plan of going for a fresh degree in Nursing, but after reading through the thread, I found out that it's difficult getting a Student Visa with that. I don't really fancy Biochemistry but can further if that's my only means of immigrating to Canada. What are my chances of getting a Student visa with a PGD Admission Letter?I intend applying for masters after the PGD. Will I need to apply for another 2 years Student Visa for the masters after the PDG? Can I get a Job (and PR also) if I decide to stop at PDG?Thanks a lot guys for your Assistance. God Bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bankylan: 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Linzo:

Go to your bank with your admission letter, passport, and ask for Form A. You can pay part if not all your tuition fee using the official rate. You can also get PTA of up to 4000 USD on presentation of your ticket and passport. Go to the main branches in Ikeja or VI/Ikoyi as branches on the mainland may not be able to grant your requests.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Chebe01: 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
True, it is left for the applicant to make that decision. However, while you call it exercising some level of caution.........I can’t help but wonder if perhaps it touches more on paranoia.

jnyuwa02:

I will recommend people pursue their TR and PR application separately not simultaneously to avoid stories that touch. In a world where a VO enjoys almost unfettered discretion, so called stated rules and guidelines are themselves subjective to the VO’s interpretation; to their whims and caprice. The onus is truly on the applicant which advice to take. In the proverbial saying of our people, where one dances and is given money, another dances at the same place at his own peril of been beaten black and blue. Thus the need to err on the side of caution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
You have better info than I do in this area. It was a friend that old me. I will ask him how it went because he is planning on visiting CBN next week. He also knows more of Bereau de change because that was his previous business. I dont know if he is using his business connection.

I will report back as soon as I get more reliable info. He has received his passport, booked flight over the weekend, his sponsor will release money to him next week.

canadabyfire:
Sir...."form A" transaction is wat you use for invisible transactions...invisible transactions are medical bills,school fees,.etc ....once u are doing "form A" transaction in any Nigerian bank....you get the CBN prevailing rate for that day of the transaction.....so pay your school fees via "form A".

However...for PTA, it is capped at USD4000.....banks will not sell more than USD4000 cash to you per quarter....and you must present an airticket, valid visa and international passport....so any additional cash you want....u buy from bureau De change....shikeena

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Great info here�

bankylan:

Go to your bank with your admission letter, passport, and ask for Form A. You can pay part if not all your tuition fee using the official rate. You can also get PTA of up to 4000 USD on presentation of your ticket and passport. Go to the main branches in Ikeja or VI/Ikoyi as branches on the mainland may not be able to grant your requests.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 12:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Hello Linzo,

I understand payment of school fees raises suspicion. However, for people who had paid the entire tuition or part and refused, what should be the way out for them? Should they request for refund so that they can show in their next application that tuition was not paid and only the requested fees by the school was paid?

quote author=Linzo post=70726705]
]My advice is
1. Let her not pay school fee if the school didn't request for initial deposit (mostly the colleges in Canada will ask for small deposit) before getting his/her offer letter, reason is this. In my opinion, paying school fee before applying for visa triggers the VO suspicion instinct that you're not genuine student who will leave Canada and hence you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt to VO that you're a genuine student. About 90% of the Visa refusals on this forum paid part of their fees in advance but of all those who applied without initial fee payment up to 95% got visa approved. Note: in either way you must prove to VO that you're a genuine student.

Secondly, paying fee before Visa application does not add single benefit to your application but rather makes it more prone to complex scrutiny. Apart from that, in the event of been refuse Visa you may also lose huge part of your fee if requested for refund. Some schools refund 70% , 50% and others you may lose the whole money after one deferment

2.. Yes, but the Canada PR holder will emphasize that he or her is doing so in order to help the student achieved his/her dreams back home after studying in Canada.

3. Both routes have equal chances, however in recent time, the precisely last 3 months has shown more favour to paper route in terms of processing pace

I know some people will argue No1 but fact speaks for itself[/b][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:14am On Aug 30, 2018
Trapping:

The High Commissioner

Thanks

Usually the medical center says if you do not receive a call by the evening of the same day you tested, everything is alright. I don’t know if you were told that at the center you tested? The call you are expecting on Monday is mere formality to say you have passed. The truth is if you were not called the first day of the test saying something is wrong asking you to come in for more test(s), then chances are you passed. I am guessing you are applying against winter session? If so, then no rush, just wait till Monday when you hear from them giving you the official nod, before uploading your upfront slip and submitting your application. Once you submit your application, submitting later the upfront medicals is a hassle. So my recommendation is wait till Monday. While you are waiting for that, you might want to correct the letter from your bank. The correct address is:

The Visa Officer,
Canadian High Commission
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island, Lagos.

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:15am On Aug 30, 2018
bankylan:

Don't you need a return air ticket for this?

Last month I bought from the parallel market as it was cheaper than bank rate. Got it for ₦359/USD as against bank rate which was over ₦360/USD at that time.

Check well but source from bank if you are afraid of being sold fake currency. Do they sell CAD in Naija?

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.