Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (781493 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2018
amihbkt767676:

Pls send me their email, let me cry out to them to hurry up on applicstions.

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Use !URGENT! as the subject of the mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:
Frank robben where are thou

Present! Ma grin, Some folks in here have tied me outside this window with a great deal of SOP's. I sight your hand works wink and soft-heartedly hoping someday God would recognize our worthy deeds and bestow upon us great prosperity! So far, you guys are doing a wonderful job. Well done Ma!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
Good day all. My application (Online) of June 13th is 11 weeks and a day old and have exceeded the current PT. Both review of eligibility started and medical changed to passed on the 9th August. Though I later got medical Request on 15th (I did upfront medical and submitted along my app). I sent the Medical Slip and was updated to pass "again" on 17th. On the 24th of August. I sent mail to Lagos, Accra, London, Nairobi and used the Web form. Still no notification and response. Now I wanna do them another mail. I need your candid advise.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:

Shebi there will be an agreement between you and the EWC...before you went there for anything you should have do research first and know if they are fake or not.......so how will someone here know they are fake or not............oga anything them tell you to do......go ahead since your admission is out..the next step is to pay them there money and continue the next stage
Please don't pay any money again to those thieves I will advice you to accept the lost and move on but do not pay again because they are scammer. If you're going for undergraduate studies you get all information needed here on this forum by simply asking questions and you will surely get well informed answers. I process my undergraduate admission alone and within 30 days I got my offer letter. Ask your questions and I will guide you through the admission process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Present! Ma grin, Some folks in here have tied me outside this window with a great deal of SOP's. I sight your hand works wink and soft-heartedly hoping someday God would recognize our worthy deeds and bestow upon us great prosperity! So far you guys are doing a wonderful job. Well done Ma!

Okay I fear......because I know see you make me asked here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
Linzo:

Please don't pay any money again to those thieves I will advice you to accept the lost and move on but do not pay again because they are scammer. If you're going for undergraduate studies you get all information needed here on this forum by simply asking questions and you will surely get well informed answers. I process my undergraduate admission alone and within 30 days I got my offer letter. Ask your questions and I will guide you through the admission process

Linzo. ...abeg no be me get that post I only comments on the guy posts.......so reverse your comment.......am not new here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Don’t listen to that guy. Payment of school fees in no form or shape raises any suspicion. When did he sit down to start taking the statistics he purportedly is passing as facts? Truth be spoken, many have actually improved their chances of getting a visa by prepaying their one semester or one year’s tuition. Many people delayed by CIC for not demonstrating financial ability, go ahead and pay their fees as recipy for overcoming such objection. It almost always works in defeating a prior finding by the VO of a lack of financial ability to pay for one’s education in Canada. Paying one’s fees also works quite well if you are been sponsored by a third party.

I personally don’t see the correlation between paying one’s fees and why it will raise suspicion in heart of a VO leading to the finding of lack of genuiness of one’s study. The correlation at best is tenuous. If someone is cited for not been a genuine student, it most likely has to do with study gaps and Issues of not proving strong ties that would compel one’s return to country of origin. The genuiness of one’s study is not questioned simply because one paid their fees.

That said, if you have been refused, I will advice you refire. Request for a refund of your fees only when you feel you have done your very best and visa was not forthcoming.

I pray it ends in praise.

Mr man stop encouraging people to prepay school because it harms the applicant more with no benefit from it and at the end if refuses Visa, getting refund has prove hectic and student will have to lose a huge part of the his/her hard earned money or even all the money.

Secondly, Canada government with its wisdom knows that applicants from countries like Nigeria are likely to be refuse Visa that's why they did not include it as part of the requirements for obtaining study Visa. Most countries like Lithuania will ask you to to pay €3000 of your school fee as part of the requirements for obtaining study Visa and after paying it you have 98% guarantee of visa approval within 5-7 days.

I repeat do not pay fee in advance!!! The officials knows that refund is always an herculean task in the event of refusal, Yes approval rate for countries like Nigeria are less than 40%. I remember earlier this year when I contacted the No1 Visa processing agent in Australia name "Brightannica" and they honestly advice me and let me know that student Visa approval from Nigeria is less than %8 and such they don't accept client from Nigeria anymore since it requires student to pay fee before Visa application.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:

Linzo. ...abeg no be me get that post I only comments on the guy posts.......so reverse your comment.......am not new here
Sorry bro I didn't mean any harm OK, I always got worried when Nigerians setup a venture to extort fellow Nigerians. Please so sorry for for the quote
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sisikemo: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello house, thanks to everyone for their enormous contributions. I just picked up my stamped passport from VFS today. To all the TRV hopefuls it will definitely end in praise.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
Linzo:

Sorry bro I didn't mean any harm OK, I always got worried when Nigerians setup a venture to extort fellow Nigerians. Please so sorry for for the quote

Accepted......I be lady ooooo....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
Frankrobben

Your input is needed about paying of tuition fee or not paying.......because me is like the people I saw last week didn't pay tuition fee but only the money requested by the school as part payment are issued visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Good day all. My application (Online) of June 13th is 11 weeks and a day old and have exceeded the current PT. Both review of eligibility started and medical changed to passed on the 9th August. Though I later got medical Request on 15th (I did upfront medical and submitted along my app). I sent the Medical Slip and was updated to pass "again" on 17th. On the 24th of August. I sent mail to Lagos, Accra, London, Nairobi and used the Web form. Still no notification and response. Now I wanna do them another mail. I need your candid advise.
Thanks in anticipation.

Still awaiting your replies. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Thanks in anticipation.

When is your school resuming? You aren't alone tho. There are many June applicants who have even undergone a medical examination as requested by IRCC and are yet to receive a final decision! I submitted my application on the same date as yours via paper route, medical mail dropped on 2nd August, medicals done on 6th August, updated to pass on 10th August and since then the wait has been eternal! Sent alot of Case's and still no update about final approval! Please feel free to send your CSE and remain hopeful that you won't miss out on the school's resumption date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2018
September 1 as stated in the Admission Letter.
This is serious o. Mr Uyplus, I want to send another mail.
uyplus:

When is your school resuming? You aren't alone tho. There are many June applicants who have even undergone a medical examination requested by IRCC and are yet to receive a final decision! I submitted my application on the same date as yours via paper route, medical mail dropped in 2nd August, medicals done on 6th August, updated to pass on 10th August and since then the wait has been eternal! Sent alot of Case's and still no update about final approval!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
vivicintia:

Thanks
Please who knows if it is possible to get back non refundable deposits.
Please help !!!
Just like it says "NON-REFUNDABLE" There no way you will get it back since it was clearly stated and you still went ahead to pay. There are so many schools in Canada who will refund your tuition if your visa application is denied, I don't know why you went ahead with this very school(knowing fully well that the final decision to grant you visa lies sorely on CIC).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
galala123:

If your visa application was successful based on the offer letter and you decide not to travel again, the school may argue that they kept a slot out of limited spaces for you which cannot be filled now because of inadequate time to process visa for next allottee.

However, I believe you have a good case having been denied visa. It's no longer your fault. As someone suggested, look for the refund policy on their website.

I am almost certain you will get a chunk of your money back. If they insist on not refunding, contact a lawyer and negotiate payment on amount recovered only if possible.

And which Institution is that? I don't think any Institution will risk putting their reputation on the line because of refund issues as it will hunt them eventually because people will only deposit where refund is possible.

Actually, I'm in similar position in one Country, Paid full fees and got visa but I don't think I can make it any longer. I plan to contact them next week. It was stated on my offer letter that no refund if Visa application is successful but they can refund on health grounds after being repatriated back to your home country and then the refund payable will be sent back to an account in your home country. In my case, I don't think I can make it to their Country anymore. In fact was planning to withdraw my visa application next week but it came through yesterday which is about 2 weeks earlier than expected.
Yes I advised her to look at the school's refund policy but with what she just said about knowing fully well that there won't be any refund(if visa is granted or not) and she still went ahead to pay, I am afraid she won't get any money back. The school sent her a contract/offer letter stating CLEARLY that there will be no refund and she agreed to it by paying so I doubt if any lawyer will succeed with such cade. She should just move on and look for other schools. It's a pity
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
mcobex:
Just like it says "NON-REFUNDABLE" There no way you will get it back since it was clearly stated and you still went ahead to pay. There are so many schools in Canada who will refund your tuition if your visa application is denied, I don't know why you went ahead with this very school(knowing fully well that the final d vision to grant you visa lies sorely on CIC).

Chai that school no try at all....even me that I was asked to pay 500cad for part payment I have to look and browse and even ask questions through the school fiancial service...if is refundable and I got yes is refundable....500cad for my own na big money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Thanks in anticipation.
Feel free to mail them, be polite about it though. Since you were asked to go for medical I will advise you book your flight ASAP.
Mail the Lagos office as they respond faster than others. You can get the email from the previous page.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:

Chai that school no try at all....even me that I was asked to pay 500cad for part payment I have to look and browse and even ask questions through the school fiancial service...if is refundable and I got yes is refundable....500cad for my own na big money
Most people are so much in a hurry and desperate that they don't read terms and condition of contracts. I don't know the course she is going for but I know there are schools in Canada offering it and won't give him/her such conditions.
1.5million just like that, the school is even asking the applicant to pay up to 700k just to defer..... so so bad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:
Frankrobben

Your input is needed about paying of tuition fee or not paying.......because me is like the people I saw last week didn't pay tuition fee but only the money requested by the school as part payment are issued visa
Concerning tuition: Some schools request for tuition to be paid before student can apply for TRV. Other s don't care if you pay tuition or not. Some will ask you to paya non-refundable security deposit (not much) just to secure your admission and the said amount will be deducted from your tuition when you secure TRV and want to pay the main tuition fee(i.e if your tuition is £5000 and they ask you to make a security deposit of £200, it means one you get your TRV you will pay the balance of £4800 for tuition). Then the last category is the one that will ask you to pay tuition fee before applying for TRV without refund if visa app is denied(RUN FROM SUCH).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
@Vivicintia

I doubt if this money can be refunded; from UBC's website it is clearly stated that it is non-refundable and non-transferable......... however, nothing is impossible..................email the school and hear from firsthand, their own opinion on the refund..............That school is damn too expensive........... 1year MBA tuition of $79,290 CAD for international student and estimated total all inclusive expense (Tuition, accommodation, textbook,etc) of CAD105,442..........................#loud hmmmmmmmmmmmm#

Anyway N1.5million is alot for a Nigerian to blow away like that.................UBC is among the very good and expensive business schools in canada.............count your losses...........and choose carefully next time.

Someone who can afford $79,290CAD can easily forget 5000CAD grin grin grin

vivicintia:

It was stated as non refundable.
I sent a mail for deferral and they said we will pay again for deferral which is about 700,000

I can't pay that huge amount again.
I want to try for refund.
Is it possible to get refund??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:
Frankrobben

From the wisdom of my experience, payment of upfront tuition fees have never been a problem to an applicant visa application and also has never triggered the visa officer suspicion that an applicant is not a bona-fide student. I have seen many applicants in and out side of this window that were refused of their first application due to financial insufficiency because the consular officer doubt that they will have funds for their first year tuition and upkeep, and in their second attempt I advised them to pay their full tuition and were approved! Exactly what Jnyuwa02 said, which is absolutely correct!

As we all know that payment of tuition is not a prerequisite to Visa approval, but from findings, we noticed that it specifically helps most applicants who got their visa rejected due to financial insufficiency because it aid to show that funds are readily available and accessible to them and further prove to the visa officer that their primary intention of travelling to Canada is strictly for studies and not the other way round. Therefore, in this case, proof of payment of tuition is very essential!!

That being said, if an applicant institution doesn't require a tuition deposit prior the start of classes, there is no essence paying tuition because the Immigration Canada stated clearly that proof of payment of tuition is not required at the time of visa application. In such situation, if the applicant decides to complete an upfront tuition payment without being instructed by the school, he/she does that on their own risk.

I hope the information is sufficient to provide clarity!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
uyplus:

When is your school resuming? You aren't alone tho. There are many June applicants who have even undergone a medical examination as requested by IRCC and are yet to receive a final decision! I submitted my application on the same date as yours via paper route, medical mail dropped on 2nd August, medicals done on 6th August, updated to pass on 10th August and since then the wait has been eternal! Sent alot of Case's and still no update about final approval! Please feel free to send your CSE and remain hopeful that you won't miss out on the school's resumption date.
Have you mailed the Lagos office? If not pls do ASAP.
Most people will hear from them this weekend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
mcobex:
Concerning tuition: Some schools request for tuition to be paid before student can apply for TRV. Other s don't care if you pay tuition or not. Some will ask you to paya non-refundable security deposit (not much) just to secure your admission and the said amount will be deducted from your tuition when you secure TRV and want to pay the main tuition fee(i.e if your tuition is £5000 and they ask you to make a security deposit of £200, it means one you get your TRV you will pay the balance of £4800 for tuition). Then the last category is the one that will ask you to pay tuition fee before applying for TRV without refund if visa app is denied(RUN FROM SUCH).

Nawa ooooo......the school no try.......everybody should alway read instructions before applying into any school...............
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

From the wisdom of my knowledge, payment of upfront tuition fees have never been a problem to an applicant visa application and also has never triggered the visa officer suspicion that an applicant is not a bona-fide student. I have seen many applicants in and out side of this window that were refused of their first application due to financial insufficiency because the consular officer doubt that they will have funds for their first year tuition and upkeep, and in their second attempt I advised them to pay their full tuition and were approved! Exactly what Jnyuwa02 said, which is absolutely correct!

As we all know that payment of tuition is not a prerequisite to Visa approval, but from findings, we noticed that it specifically helps most applicants who got their visa rejected due to financial insufficiency because it helps to show that funds are readily available and accessible to them and further prove to the visa officer that their primary intention of travelling to Canada is strictly for studies. Therefore, in this case, proof of payment of tuition is very essential!!

That being said, if an applicant institution doesn't require a tuition deposit prior the start of classes, there is no essence paying tuition because the Immigration Canada stated clearly that proof of payment of tuition is not required at the time of visa application. In such situation, if the applicant decides to complete an upfront tuition payment without being instructed by the school, he/she does that on their own risk.

I hope the information is sufficient to provide clarity!

It is clearly stated that ....tuition fee is not required at the time of visa application.....doing so is at your own risks.............. is clearly stated in study questionable form.........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
mcobex:
Most people are so much in a hurry and desperate that they don't read terms and condition of contracts. I don't know the course she is going for but I know there are schools in Canada offering it and won't give him/her such conditions.
1.5million just like that, the school is even asking the applicant to pay up to 700k just to defer..... so so bad

That is what we called Havard business school.....even HBS don't asked for tuition....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
Mcobex

Please can I send my recommendation letter from Nigeria through NIPOST to canada......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
@Sisikemo please ma"am did it come alongside your Letter of Intro from CIC? And was it paper route you did?

sisikemo:
Hello house, thanks to everyone for their enormous contributions. I just picked up my stamped passport from VFS today. To all the TRV hopefuls it will definitely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
bbclue:

It is clearly stated that ....tuition fee is not required at the time of visa application.....doing so is at your own risks.............. is clearly stated in study questionable form.........

If an applicant is using a third party sponsorship, it's very important to pay upfront tuition, at least for a semester so as to quench the doubt of the visa officer that funds will be available and accessible by the applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
@mcobex Thank you. Polite mail sent to all CIC email addresses and also used the web form.

mcobex:
Feel free to mail them, be polite about it though. Since you were asked to go for medical I will advise you book your flight ASAP.
Mail the Lagos office as they respond faster than others. You can get the email from the previous page.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aleobua(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2018
The fees argument sha. What I believe is clear is that paying ahead is no guarantee of a TRV but doing so doesn’t mean the VO will read an interpretation of desperation. Some schools have deadlines for this part payment so what if one misses the deadline because he/she was awaiting a visa decision? It’s even listed as part of proof of financial support one can use when applying. In the end, be sure to look out for payment policies from these schools as this can help you make a decision as to whether you should or should not pay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.