Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783192 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
AyoBrightBoy:

Actually I've contacted Google before asking here. But no answer! Please I'll appreciate if there is anybody here who knows any Canadian University that can give masters admission using PGD studied in Nigeria (Computer Engineering).

Bro! There is no answer to your question that's why Google couldn't answer that, next time use Quora for technical ?s like this. Well I doubt if you can tender a PG Certificate for masters admission, what is mostly recognized is your school leaving certificate, standardized tests like GRE/GMAT, IELTS and bachelors degree (Which you have to submit irrespective of your most recent attainment)... A (2:2) I guess, if that's the case, submit your documents to the school and add the PG Certificate to get the necessary boost. And put finesse to your work experience. To the westerners that is as important as a good degree from any institution, one has got to make up for the other. The 3 (Bsc cert, CV, and PG cert) should get you your admission. Email admission offices at your shortlisted Canadian universities that offer Comp Science courses and write concise mail to inquire any necessary info and to know if you may apply. So you don't waste your precious time and money and still receive a NO NO after admission decision is taken.

Note: Even if there is no request for documents like a PG Certificate just include it in your correspondence and put in every experience you ve ever had in that field on your C.V. Also remb it's not only about what you know but what you can also do.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Success2019: 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
Please guys help me with these answer
When date the cic forms , should it be the same date of submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:46am On Oct 02, 2018
Success2019:
Please guys help me with these answer
When date the cic forms , should it be the same date of submission?

It should be dated with the same month of application submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Muanyam: 2:43am On Oct 02, 2018
Please i want to apply to university of Waterloo and i need some help and guides
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JustMellow: 5:29am On Oct 02, 2018
Awuuga:
1. Yes the VO will because that is what it is. He is assisting financially so it’s a cosponsorship situation.
2. No it will not. It’s okay to have more than one sponsor.
3. Yes it is perfectly fine
4. Well, since he is your cosponsor he is expected to provide all of those.

P.S I think ‘Letter of Financial Support’ and ‘Letter of Sponsorship’ are one and the same thing.
Also, I think he will have to show commitment either by paying part or all of your tuition fees or sending CAD10,000 to an account of yours for your one year living expenses.

I hope this helps. The answer provided is from the little I know and have read on this forum they are open to corrections.

Best regards.

Thanks, appreciate!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bletzjz: 6:02am On Oct 02, 2018
Ezriela:
You can apply if you have ordered for your gmcs note and tackle reasons for delay. I am sure by doing that you are ready to win

please how do I apply for the Gmcs notes? I tried checking online, didn't get anything tangible.

and

my sponsor's documents attached to former application were: copy of int'l passport, letter of sponsorship and bank statement. he's not an employee, he's a partner in a firm. I found out late that an affidavit is necessary, is there any other necessary document my sponsor attach?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ebiwalo101: 6:16am On Oct 02, 2018
You are going to TRU 2019 January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bletzjz: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2018
please

please is there any lawyer here who applied for Pgd in another area of study in a college and got study permit? I need some encouragement.

Also how do I apply/order for my gmcs notes.

and apart from letter of sponsorship, statement of account and copy of int'l passport, what other documents should my sponsor attach when he's not an employee but a partner?

thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Muanyam: 8:36am On Oct 02, 2018
Please i want to apply to university of Waterloo and i need some help , advice and guides.
Is anyone attending the school, please help
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2018
Ysakaws1:
Planning to apply to University of Western Ontario for MSc. Computer Science. The programme duration is 1.4years. I am worried if I will be able to get 3years PGWP after. Anyone sure about this?

If your course of study is less than 2 years of full time study, your work permit will be limited to the length of time of study. So 1 year study will get 1 year work permit. Only 2 years gets you 3 years work permit.

Also, your school has to be a DLI to enable you apply for a work permit. Please Google DLI to get better info.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by princekins(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2018
gavinmensah:

I will go for fulltime. As a fulltime student you are allowed to work for 20 hrs weekly. This can inly help you with your living expenses but cant pay your tuition fees. However in summer / if you are not in session during summer you can work more hours or get as many job as you like and you wont be going againts the condition of your study permit. . After your study permit you can apply for a post grad permit which you can work for as long as you want. Hope this helps

I also believe you have a good chance getting your visa as a fulltime student than a part time student.

Thanks very much for this. Am indeed very grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2018
13weeks 3days and nothing yet. It shall end in praises. My help comes from God alone. I only look up to God. This waiting time is disturbingly tiring.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henkubert: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2018
18 weeks of application. (May 19)
Medical request ( August 21) done 23rd
Please is there anyone who is also waiting so long for passport request after medical.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2018
Dwebb55:

If your course of study is less than 2 years of full time study, your work permit will be limited to the length of time of study. So 1 year study will get 1 year work permit. Only 2 years gets you 3 years work permit.

Also, your school has to be a DLI to enable you apply for a work permit. Please Google DLI to get better info.

you guys should stop saying what you're not sure of ! I have heard about someone who did a 1 yr MBA and he got 3 yrs work permit. And moreover cic website says that person that study 1 yr course May get 1 year work permit. The key word here is MAY.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2018
The definition of 1 year is relative...............1 academic year and 1 calendar year is not the same thing.

Some masters degree are completed under 1 calendar year but with 2 academic sessions.............literally called "intensive masters".

However, the length of PGWP (post graduate work permit) whether 1 year or 3 years is dependent on the cumulative credit load completed

Famzyactivity:

you guys should stop saying what you're not sure of ! I have heard about someone who did a 1 yr MBA and he got 3 yrs work permit. And moreover cic website says that person that study 1 yr course May get 1 year work permit. The key word here is MAY.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2018
Modified
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoBrightBoy: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
alftdbts:

Bro! There is no answer to your question that's why Google couldn't answer that, next time use Quora for technical ?s like this. Well I doubt if you can tender a PG Certificate for masters admission, what is mostly recognized is your school leaving certificate, standardized tests like GRE/GMAT, IELTS and bachelors degree (Which you have to submit irrespective of your most recent attainment)... A (2:2) I guess, if that's the case, submit your documents to the school and add the PG Certificate to get the necessary boost. And put finesse to your work experience. To the westerners that is as important as a good degree from any institution, one has got to make up for the other. The 3 (Bsc cert, CV, and PG cert) should get you your admission. Email admission offices at your shortlisted Canadian universities that offer Comp Science courses and write concise mail to inquire any necessary info and to know if you may apply. So you don't waste your precious time and money and still receive a NO NO after admission decision is taken.

Note: Even if there is no request for documents like a PG Certificate just include it in your correspondence and put in every experience you ve ever had in that field on your C.V. Also remb it's not only about what you know but what you can also do.

My 2 cents.

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan90s: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ebiwalo101:
You are going to TRU 2019 January

Yup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
was your medical passed?
Henkubert:
Please is there anyone who is also waiting so long for passport request after medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2018
If your medical was passed, send them an email(A reminder for ur application.) Passport request shouldnt take this long.
Henkubert:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henkubert: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
amozag2018:
was your medical passed?

Yes my medical was passed few days after I did my medical.

This was what I got from them when I sent them email to let them know my application is over 17 weeks and I also sent them my new addmision letter( Febuary 2019)

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
To
Tuesday, October 2, 2018 11:46 AM
Click to View Full HTML

Dear H A

We write in reply to your enquiry of 23/09/18, the contents of which have been noted.

Your new letter of acceptance from University of Winnipeg has been appended to your file.

We have received satisfactory medical results for you.

Your application is currently in process.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

CLW
Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration
4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
www.nigeria.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henkubert: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
makano:
If your medical was passed, send them an email(A reminder for ur application.) Passport request shouldnt take this long.

This was what I got after sending them email and my new admission letter (Feb 2019)

To
Click to View Full HTML

Dear H A,

We write in reply to your enquiry of 23/09/18, the contents of which have been noted.

Your new letter of acceptance from University of Winnipeg has been appended to your file.

CLW
www.nigeria.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henkubert: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
makano:

This was what I got after sending them email and my new admission letter (Feb 2019)

To
Click to View Full HTML

Dear H A,

CLW
www.nigeria.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hello Henkubert, I think you are on the right track just keep praying. I am also waiting for a passport request and I submitted May 29th. it will end in praises for us!
Henkubert:

Yes my medical was passed few days after I did my medical.

This was what I got from them when I sent them email to let them know my application is over 17 weeks and I also sent them my new addmision letter( Febuary 2019)

To
Click to View Full HTML

Dear H A

CLW
www.nigeria.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
Famzyactivity:

You are the one not sure of what you're saying, so be guided. So you remember someone who said they got 3 years work permit but CIC says a different thing?

I do not post what I'm not sure of. You should take time to read on how you can immigrate to Canada and what your options are after studying. It will sure help you out.

When you have done that, come back here and apologise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2018
Dwebb55:

You are the one not sure of what you're saying, so be guided. So you remember someone who said they got 3 years work permit but CIC says a different thing?

I do not post what I'm not sure of. You should take time to read on how you can immigrate to Canada and what your options are after studying. It will sure help you out.

When you have done that, come back here and apologise.

Visa officer ! I am sorry for Challenging your Authority. Please I have 1 question for you , you sound like someone that works for IRCC and you speak with certainty! .I applied on July 24 and I haven't heard from your office What is the status of my application?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BRANDYAK: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hello friends Just passing by
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
princekins:

Thanks very much for this. Am indeed very grateful
I don't see you getting TRV going for part-time program, choose the full-time program and make sure you have enough money to at least cover your tuition and living expenses (especially the former)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
You should get a reply soon, since they have updated ur new Acceptance letter to ur Aplication. Be hopefu. Peace
Henkubert:

To
Click to View Full HTML

Dear H A,

CLW
www.nigeria.gc.ca

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.