Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783031 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oskydaniellyyy: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ezriela:
We are the ones tagging ourselves with bad names.Indians dont have bad records, then you don't know them. Only that they won't go to public forum to ask questions that will tarnish their country image

Canadian government and immigration,
have a streamlinedCanadian student visa for Indian students . They have a way of putting the living expenses in a Canadian bank before they apply for study permit.it is called guaranty investment certificate GIC and they have a lot of Banks that gives them student loan unlike our own Banks .

Canada knew indians have the highest number of professors and academician in the country among the immigrants and I think they gave them the priviledge

There are lots of institutions in Indian that make it possible for student to take loan and pay back after graduation , most Indians dont have problem with finances to study abroad even if they don't have the liquid cash, they help students over there unlike Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by whyx06(m): 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
QUEENBIZ:
Thanks and God bless you all my fellow nairalanders that contributed one way or the other to my application questions back then. I am really grateful but I will like to inform the house that my visa was refused again, though I already requested for GCMS note and I can know what next. Weighing out other options though. God will crown our effort all.

Please, I urgently need your help on how you obtain the gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Thekudi: 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
Someone should pls help this peraon, wish I can advice e
rolishair:
Hello everyone in the house,

Wondering if anyone could help with info or guildiance on a pressing issue I have tried to search for school to apply too for masters in public health as I am a microbiology graduate but my GPA is 2.7 which is not up to the requirement of most of the schools I checked

Also I really don't have much working experience in my said field due to the nature of our country and I graduated over 5years ago.

I tried opting for PGD but most schools are requesting graduates not later than 2years

Please I need help and advice on what I should do really want to live 2019

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked woow, 6 refusals over 7 years? Ok, this is the first time I am seeing this kinda tin. The last I saw was after 4 attempts. Congrats Bro. Determination and never say never spirit is key..
galala123:

Reality... 6 refusals over 7 years!

I'm still finding it difficult to believe myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Agbons101: 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
FINALLY COUNTERFOIL VISA CONFIRMATION TODAY..!!! THOMPSON'S RIVERS UNIVERSITY (TRU) STUDENTS WHICH IS THE BEST (LEAST EXPENSIVE ) FLIGHT?

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Stevester4620(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
My first degree is in accounting. So that's where I planned to continue. But in case there are better lucrative courses abroad, I won't mind changing my line
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
Congrats!!!

galala123:

I'm back from suspension with a strong message of hope!

Apologies to those that have had a still born as I know the pain is nothing compared to mine understandably because matters of death cannot be compared to other vicissitudes of life. However, I beg your indulgence to allow me use it to describe the pain and level of disappointment I have suffered over the years.

After half a dozen refusals in as many years plus 1, I am elated to inform the house that the labour period is over and this time around .....IT IS A LIVE DELIVERY!

PPR received.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
I dey ooo. Dey push am.

Naijaforeigner:

Brotherly, how your end? Longest time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
hoyin123:
house. I'm using my mom has my sponsor,so I will be submitting her salary account statement but apart from her salary that goes into the account, she also use that account for other transactions please can I use the bank statement and it will not raise eye brow from the visa office since it suppose to be a salary account but money from other source are flowing in. Thanks

Nothing to worry about dear, it is perfectly fine. You can use the account so far the money in the account covers all expenses (tuition and maintenance fees). Just make sure to get documents to show she is really working. Her ID card, payslips, any Landed documents etc Also Make sure she writes a letter of sponsorship stating clearly that you have full access to the money in her account. You can choose to either leave the money in your mums account or asked for it to be transferred to yours. Anyone is fine.

What I did in my own case was I asked my Mum to transfer all the maintenance money and the remainder of my tuition into my personal account.

In my mums sponsorship letter (which i drafted myself), i then wrote, “I am sponsoring my son Ambode Sanwo-Olu with passport number AOKI for studies in Ontario College in PGC SCM1. I am the MD of so so company and I have been managing this business for 10 years.
I am Committed to ensuring my son receives the best of education which I believe .... I have demonstrated this by transferring XYZ amount from account number xxxxx with diamond bank which is the equivalent of 15,000 Canadian dollars” which sufficiently covers money for his maintenance and remainder of his tuition”.

I then attached my mums spsonsorshop letter, CofO, CAC document cos she is a business woman, still added her personal account to show the money moved from her account to mine and she still has money left, birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Agbons101:
FINALLY COUNTERFOIL VISA CONFIRMATION TODAY..!!! THOMPSON'S RIVERS UNIVERSITY (TRU) STUDENTS WHICH IS THE BEST (LEAST EXPENSIVE ) FLIGHT?

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
galala123:
Did I Hiroshima and Nagasaki the house

Grave yard silence in the marketplace shocked .... seems people that thought they had issues have seen something bigger!

It's OK to say Congrats because my housemates seem to be confused as to whether to say congratulations or send me message of consolation!

Damn... your story will give so many people hope. Congrats and congrats and congrats. Delay indeed is not denial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hoyin123(f): 2:55am On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=Naijaforeigner post=71792095]

Nothing to worry about dear, it is perfectly fine. You can use the account so far the money in the account covers all expenses (tuition and maintenance fees). Just make sure to get documents to show she is really working. Her ID card, payslips, any Landed documents etc Also Make sure she writes a letter of sponsorship stating clearly that you have full access to the money in her account. You can choose to either leave the money in your mums account or asked for it to be transferred to yours. Anyone is fine.

What I did in my own case was I asked my Mum to transfer all the maintenance money and the remainder of my tuition into my personal account.

In my mums sponsorship letter (which i drafted myself), i then wrote, “I am sponsoring my son Ambode Sanwo-Olu with passport number AOKI for studies in Ontario College in PGC SCM1. I am the MD of so so company and I have been managing this business for 10 years.
I am Committed to ensuring my son receives the best of education which I believe .... I have demonstrated this by transferring XYZ amount from account number xxxxx with diamond bank which is the equivalent of 15,000 Canadian dollars” which sufficiently covers money for his maintenance and remainder of his tuition”.

I then attached my mums spsonsorshop letter, CofO, CAC document cos she is a business woman, still added her personal account to show the money moved from her account to mine and she still has money left, birth certificate.

[/quote OK. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:38am On Oct 05, 2018
galala123:

Apologies to those that have had a still born as I know the pain is nothing compared to mine understandably because matters of death cannot be compared to other vicissitudes of life. However, I beg your indulgence to allow me use it to describe the pain and level of disappointment I have suffered over the years.

After half a dozen refusals in as many years plus 1, I am elated to inform the house that the labour period is over and this time around .....IT IS A LIVE DELIVERY!

PPR received.

I hope this is not one of your jokes you are are cracking here? If you are serious then mighty congratulations to you. Please share your timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 6:39am On Oct 05, 2018
Galala has been on Canada Study thread since 2013 and got his Trv 2018 !

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 6:47am On Oct 05, 2018
galala123:

PPR received.

Big Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mathy001: 6:50am On Oct 05, 2018
Hey house,

Just to be sure. It seems the Police Character Certificate is not compulsory, as many people haven't been indicating it in their list of submitted items. Am I wrong to think so?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yoshy: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2018
Please guys, I need advice, can one survive without having the full cash for the durat6of the study? 3 years course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 7:33am On Oct 05, 2018
Please can somebody let me know if there is a way to know which visa consulate/embassy is processing your application. I submitted my application online and I'm about writing to the embassy about the progress of my application, but problem is that I don't know which embassy to write to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:43am On Oct 05, 2018
Trapping:
Please can somebody let me know if there is a way to know which visa consulate/embassy is processing your application. I submitted my application online and I'm about writing to the embassy about the progress of my application, but problem is that I don't know which embassy to write to.

Send a CSE to the below attached email addresses:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Send a CSE to the below attached email addresses:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Thank you. By CSE you mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2018
galala123:

Reality... 6 refusals over 7 years!

I'm still finding it difficult to believe myself.

Wow
Wow
Wow
Congratulations bro, u av a strong spirit
Kip it up, api for u man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 8:36am On Oct 05, 2018
mathy001:
Hey house,

Just to be sure. It seems the Police Character Certificate is not compulsory, as many people haven't been indicating it in their list of submitted items. Am I wrong to think so?

Not compulsory, dou I did it Bt didn't submit due to minimum space(online application)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Stevester4620(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2018
odagogo:

What program are you looking at for your masters and when do you want to start your study. Those are questions you first need to answer. After doing that start by researching for a school (google should take care of that) and probably applying for an admission. During these processes feel free to drop any issue on the forum and the gurus here will be happy to support you as much as possible.

Am considering Accounting. And I wish to leave Nigeria by the latter part of 2019.
Any clue please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Koksss: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2018
Hellloooo everyone! I came across this forum while browsing through the internet for information about visa delays. Although it was months after I submitted, I thought I should share some information with you in hopes that some will be encouraged.

Online Application.

Applied- May 7th
Biometrics Done- May 11th
Medical Request- August 17th
Medical passed- August 23rd
Passport Request- September 18th (The passport request letter is dated September 17th. I sent an email to them in the morning of the 18th and received the passport request after their usual technical update).

*I did upfront medicals which I sent with my application. When I went back to the hospital to get another examination, I was told to send the upfront medical report to CIC as it’s valid for 1 year. I did that on the 20th of August.

*I’m 31 years and applied for a 2nd masters. My 1st masters was done in the UK which I completed in 2012.

*I mentioned nothing of home ties in my SOP as I knew nothing of its importance. I have 2 younger brothers in Canada, 1 currently on study permit and the other applied for work permit which he got on the same day I received my approval.

*I used an agent, I didn't know about this helpful forum until August. Plus the agent was extremely helpful and took a load off me while I worked on other things.

God is faithful in all situations. Despite the study gap, 2nd masters and age as some see it as a barrier, God came through for me. Matthew 19:26 and Luke 1:37. I’m sure this is a miracle!

I still had to submit the right documents though.

My Documents Submitted
• CIC Forms
• Police Clearance
• Admission Letter from TRU (1st semester tuition paid)
• Letter of Recommendation (From volunteer work)
• Letter of Introduction (From full time job)
• Reference Letter (From full time job)
• 5 months Pay Slip (By the way, I earned just above 55k every month)
• Offer of Employment (From full time job)
• Bank Statement (Had a balance of about N185k)
• SOP
• Transcript from 1st degree and Masters
• School Certificates
• NYSC Certificate
• Birth Certificate and my Family's

Sponsor's Documents Submitted
• Affidavit of Sponsorship (My relation)
• Certificate of Registration (His business)
• Letter of Introduction
• Property Document (1 of his office buildings, 1 of his houses)
• Nigerian Bank Statements (£,$ and Naira accounts)

I hope this helps anyone out there. It’s great to have direction, although patience is key during this process.
All the best to everyone.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2018
Its not. So many people have gotten their Visa without it.
mathy001:
Hey house,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nelson2k: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2018
Congratulations brother

Koksss:
Hellloooo everyone! I came across this forum while browsing through the internet for information about visa delays. Although it was months after I submitted, I thought I should share some information with you in hopes that some will be encouraged.

Online Application.

Applied- May 7th
Passport Request- September 18th (The passport request letter is dated September 17th. I sent an email to them in the morning of the 18th and received the passport request after their usual technical update).

*I did upfront medicals which I sent with my application. When I went back to the hospital to get another examination, I was told to send the upfront medical report to CIC as it’s valid for 1 year. I did that on the 20th of August.

*I’m 31 years and applied for a 2nd masters. My 1st masters was done in the UK which I completed in 2012.

*I mentioned nothing of home ties in my SOP as I knew nothing of its importance. I have 2 younger brothers in Canada, 1 currently on study permit and the other applied for work permit which he got on the same day I received my approval.

*I used an agent, I didn't know about this helpful forum until August. Plus the agent was extremely helpful and took a load off me while I worked on other things.

God is faithful in all situations. Despite the study gap, 2nd masters and age as some see it as a barrier, God came through for me. Matthew 19:26 and Luke 1:37. I’m sure this is a miracle!

My Documents Submitted
• CIC Forms
• Police Clearance
• SOP
• School Certificates
• NYSC Certificate

• Letter of Introduction

I hope this helps anyone out there. It’s great to have direction, although patience is key during this process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan90s: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2018
Koksss:

Online Application.

Applied- May 7th

My Documents Submitted
• CIC Forms
• Police Clearance
• SOP
• School Certificates
• NYSC Certificate

• Letter of Introduction

Congrats man...Is it the MBA program you got in for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2018
Morning gurus in the house, please I need a bank reference/introduction letter sample...the one thats gonna be attached with statement of account.
thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2018
Koksss:

Online Application.

Applied- May 7th

My Documents Submitted
• CIC Forms
• Police Clearance
• SOP
• School Certificates
• NYSC Certificate

• Letter of Introduction

Congrats bro...am happy for you. I think am gonna need the number of your agent if you don't mind. Or can I send you an email? Doing everything myself has been affecting my work a lot and my boss is already complaining. Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2018
Yoshy:
Please guys, I need advice, can one survive without having the full cash for the durat6of the study? 3 years course.

Hard!!!

But most importantly that first year fund is crucial. Tuition and living cost. It's a new environment, but it's your determination that matters most.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2018
mathy001:
Hey house,

Well I don't know either to tell you it's compulsory or obligatory. But officially on CIC website it's listed in checklist as one of the documents you should submit. If you can, please do. A lot of countries request for it too, so the fact that excluding it has worked for others doesn't mean it would work for one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2018
Koksss:

Online Application.

Applied- May 7th

My Documents Submitted
• CIC Forms
• Police Clearance
• SOP
• School Certificates
• NYSC Certificate

• Letter of Introduction

Congrats. God is a miraculous worker

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.