Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (819170 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by damiflo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Thanks everyone. Has anyone opened an account recently? What’s your experience.

It’s so sad we have to face this kind of discrimination
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by HenryCavill: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
damiflo:
Thanks everyone. Has anyone opened an account recently? What’s your experience.

It’s so sad we have to face this kind of discrimination

I experienced the same thing when I came as well.
I went to 8 banks and they all said something related to compliance. 1 even said we can try but it can take up to 2 months and compliance may reject it. I was shocked.

Anyways, sometimes It also depends on your company. Some of the banks said if my company was listed with them it would be easier to open the account. Like some have advised you, speak to your company's PRO they may be able to assist you. It's difficult but not impossible.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by damiflo(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2020
HenryCavill:

I experienced the same thing when I came as well.
I went to 8 banks and they all said something related to compliance. 1 even said we can try but it can take up to 2 months and compliance may reject it. I was shocked.

Anyways, sometimes It also depends on your company. Some of the banks said if my company was listed with them it would be easier to open the account. Like some have advised you, speak to your company's PRO they may be able to assist you. It's difficult but not impossible.

Thank you

How did you solve it?? Which bank do you use now?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by HenryCavill: 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
damiflo:

Thank you

How did you solve it?? Which bank do you use now?

I tried with Emirates NBD and they opened for me.i didn't really do anything apart from provide all the requested documents.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
HenryCavill:

I tried with Emirates NBD and they opened for me.i didn't really do anything apart from provide all the requested documents.
thanks for the information. How much minimum can person have to have the account open and what's the minimum salary account for account opening
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
tonididdy:

The UAE is one of the hottest tourists hubs in the world. Without tourism the UAE will run into recession.
You maybe right 'Nigeria' do not constitute a greater proportion of the tourist ratings but the UAE needs tourists.
The UAE is tourism, tourism is the UAE.

Every other sector makes little or nothing to the development of the country, hence the reason they keep creating new world sights and firsts because they want people to come see.

Thank you my brother, I just ignore the guy to avoid argument. If Europe countries can't deny how important tourism. Even Sweden and France said it. This are the country which UAE no even near the gdp

What are the largest economies in the world? According to the International Monetary Fund, these are the highest ranking countries in the world in nominal GDP:

United States (GDP: 20.49 trillion)
China (GDP: 13.4 trillion)
Japan: (GDP: 4.97 trillion)
Germany: (GDP: 4.00 trillion)
United Kingdom: (GDP: 2.83 trillion)
France: (GDP: 2.78 trillion)
India: (GDP: 2.72 trillion)
Italy: (GDP: 2.07 trillion)
Brazil: (GDP: 1.87 trillion)
Canada: (GDP: 1.71 trillion)

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-by-country/
Even African countries and poorest countries in Europe is higher than them in GDP. Yet this people talk about tourism.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Timtim8989(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello house, please who needs naira , i have in abundance with good rates. Our people will not wound us with rates.

All these FX should start dealing naira and let this currency fall without dollar inteference.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by babakb: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Thank you my brother, I just ignore the guy to avoid argument. If Europe countries can't deny how important tourism. Even Sweden and France said it. This are the country which UAE no even near the gdp

What are the largest economies in the world? According to the International Monetary Fund, these are the highest ranking countries in the world in nominal GDP:

United States (GDP: 20.49 trillion)
China (GDP: 13.4 trillion)
Japan: (GDP: 4.97 trillion)
Germany: (GDP: 4.00 trillion)
United Kingdom: (GDP: 2.83 trillion)
France: (GDP: 2.78 trillion)
India: (GDP: 2.72 trillion)
Italy: (GDP: 2.07 trillion)
Brazil: (GDP: 1.87 trillion)
Canada: (GDP: 1.71 trillion)

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-by-country/
Even African countries and poorest countries in Europe is higher than them in GDP. Yet this people talk about tourism.

UAE has oil money...
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
LEOSIRSIR:
They have various types of savings account, you have to choose the one that suit you.
Docs required;
Intl Passport data page
visa page
salary certificate
2 passport photograph
and 3500aed starting balance.

Oga boss
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
tonididdy:

The UAE is one of the hottest tourists hubs in the world. Without tourism the UAE will run into recession.
You maybe right 'Nigeria' do not constitute a greater proportion of the tourist ratings but the UAE needs tourists.
The UAE is tourism, tourism is the UAE.

Every other sector makes little or nothing to the development of the country, hence the reason they keep creating new world sights and firsts because they want people to come see.

The bold is my point, the earlier Nigerians get that, the better.
UAE is tourism because they made it so. They want to be number 1 destination. It's different from the idea that they cannot survive without it. They don't depend on it for survival, rather they harness it. For instance, Canada needs migrants. But it's a wrong perception to think they will crumble without migrants.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by tonididdy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
glowingflame7:

The bold is my point, the earlier Nigerians get that, the better.
UAE is tourism because they made it so. They want to be number 1 destination. It's different from the idea that they cannot survive without it. They don't depend on it for survival, rather they harness it. For instance, Canada needs migrants. But it's a wrong perception to think they will crumble without migrants.
Stop beating about the bush.

Do you know the difference between migrants and tourists?

Tourists come to spend money in the country, the reverse is the case for migrants.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
tonididdy:

Tourists come to spend money in the country, the reverse is the case for migrants.

Abeg help me explain to them oh
Just as Germany, Japan, South Korea focus on manufacturing machine, cars and other gadget etc to get more revenue for GDP growth. So as UAE focus on tourist.

Let them mention one European country you can just travel to anyhow for tourist even with your millions in your account. They will still deny you.

But UAE, even my grandmother go do tourist visa herself and travel. All they need is come for tourist, spend your money and go.

Do you think UAE don't know that most of this Yahoo boy like huppais or wentin dey call am .
They know, all they need is bring the money , spend , we need the money to boast our economy.

UAE Visa wey all this European embassy go see vex still nack you rejection , but give someone with Ghana visa , visa

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 5:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Senior man

glowingflame7:

Oga boss
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by HenryCavill: 6:32am On Jun 28, 2020
hayzed89:
thanks for the information. How much minimum can person have to have the account open and what's the minimum salary account for account opening

I just checked their website and didn't see anything about minimum salary for savings account.
Try to do it, provided you have all the required documents.
You won't know the outcome until you try.

https://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/apply-now-form/digital-account-opening/?subproduct=Standard%20Savings%20Account&etm_action=acc-open-account

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 7:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Goodluck

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2020
tonididdy:

Now you're sounding like you're missing the point. My point is clear which you mentioned earlier. " 'Nigeria' do not constitute a greater proportion of the tourist ratings". Maybe you should carry out research on the meaning of "for instance". Anyway, you guys are free to believe what you want. All these rigmarole don't put or remove money from my pocket. Hold on tightly to your mindset, it doesn't promote or demote me. Peace

5 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by damiflo(m): 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please who can help me change naira to AED ? What’s the rate?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by CoolKizzy(m): 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello house, good evening, please how do I ship something from Nigeria to Dubai. what's my best bet?1
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Ope4Christ: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
Latest information for those who will be coming to UAE when the Nigerian Airport is finally opened.

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ope4Christ:
Latest information for those who will be coming to UAE when the Nigerian Airport is finally opened.
,...... Thanks for the information. Where and how do we get the documents

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Stewart883(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2020
Traveling to the UAE for now is very expensive. I would suggest those making plans to hold on till maybe September.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2020
Stewart883:
Traveling to the UAE for now is very expensive. I would suggest those making plans to hold on till maybe September.
...... Like how bro?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Stewart883(m): 11:05am On Jul 02, 2020
hayzed89:
...... Like how bro?

It's just my opinion. A Dubai Return ticket presently is about N477,000. It would be wise to postpone travel till later.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Stewart883:

This are very wise words. It's not like jobs are available everywhere on the road. The ones inside are still trying to get themselves.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by centoqoh(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
Stewart883:

It's just my opinion. A Dubai Return ticket presently is about N477,000. It would be wise to postpone travel till later.

Are you in people's pockets?

This has always been d advice since I started following this thread late 2018!

"There are no jobs in Dubai."
"Start something small in Nigeria."
"It is hard in Dubai."
"UAE is not for Nigerians."
"Try European countries instead."

Permit me to ask, which country welcomes Nigerians with open arms? I guess none. So why always stating d obvious?

4 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by tonididdy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
centoqoh:

Are you in people's pockets?

This has always been d advice since I started following this thread late 2018!

"There are no jobs in Dubai."
"Start something small in Nigeria."
"It is hard in Dubai."
"UAE is not for Nigerians."
"Try European countries instead."

Permit me to ask, which country welcomes Nigerians with open arms? I guess none. So why always stating d obvious?
Oga like you said his opinion, lay your own opinion without countering someone else's.

You don't need a soothsayer to tell you, now is not a good time to travel.
It's expensive and tedious process.
Unless your trip is important, it's best to sit you ass at home and monitor things firstly

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
Goodluck

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Goodluck

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.