Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother (3854 Views)

For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology? / Can You Marry A Woman Like This?. Asking For A Friend's Sake (picture) / Thomas Sankara: If I Don't Find A Man Like This, I'm Not Getting Married (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Indescribable18: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2018
Just curious. I mean our parents' marriage is the first we see and we pick some loveable attributes we would like to see in our own marriage. For me absolute no to a man like my father but I hope to be a woman like my mom
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by pryme(m): 9:01am On Mar 10, 2018
N-E-V-E-R
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by midolian(m): 9:07am On Mar 10, 2018
pryme:
N-E-V-E-R
lemme guess, your papa don show you shege grin
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Indescribable18: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2018
Pryme is male Na... grin
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by XhosaNostra(f): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2018
Give or take a few traits, yes. What a handsome fellow, what an intelligent man, what a gentleman (when he wanted to be lol) & what a resilient soul. He was a bit stoic & harsh though, I wouldn't want that in a man.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by BossLaifay(f): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2018
Indescribable18:
Just curious. I mean our parents' marriage is the first we see and we pick some loveable attributes we would like to see in our own marriage. For me absolute no to a man like my father but I hope to be a woman like my mom
Nope!
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Mandrake007(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2018
YES
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by dukeprince50: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2018
tufia
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by amakadihot87(f): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
I cant marry a man like my dad cos he doesnt know how to make a woman happy but he is a very good man with a good heart ......but if i were a man i will surely pray for a woman like my mum.......what a meek soul....may her soul continue to rest in peace .....amen
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by dukeprince50: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
amakadihot87:
I cant marry a man like my dad cos he doesnt know how to make a woman happy but he is a very good man with a good heart ......but if i were a man i will surely pray for a woman like my mum.......what a meek soul....may her soul continue to rest in peace .....amen
accept my condolence, but ur mom is dead, how do u expect ur dad make another woman happy?
if u mean he can't make u happy as a father taking care of children like mother's do, then you have to understand that men are not as playful and emotional as ladies do, i believe he's proud of u as a daughter, i didn't like my dad when i was a kid, but later i knew him very well, his sacrifices I'll never forget. sorry for ur loss sha
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by DonroxyII: 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
My Mama, NOPE !!!

She is my world but as a wife .. lailai ... Wife must be better else she go make me get depression grin !!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Adamummya(f): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
I can never marry a man like my dad
i cant stand a man who claims he is always right and every other person is foolish

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Adukey(f): 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
I can't marry a man like my dad to some extent. My dad always think his opinion is the best, no one else's matters.He always wants things to be perfect...he won't do things in bits when deadline is close, he starts rushing and ends up not doing a good job of that thing.For instance, he has a building project at hand, he abandoned it because, there's no enough money as in he's waiting for the money to be complete like complete to finish the whole thing at once forgetting he has other responsibilities to take care of. Even if he gets the money, he'll spend it on other things. I detest that kind of thing, do things in bits, you won't even feel the pressure when deadline reaches.

I don't want to be like my mum because, she can't speak up when my dad does things that hurt her, she rather complain to me and there's nothing I can do about it.

All the same, I love them both no one's perfect but, I'm scared of marrying a man like my dad

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by MhiztaRange(m): 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
If i see a woman as my mother then, I'm marrying at the age of 15... that woman is my life after God

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Olifiz(m): 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Yes o. I’ll definitely marry a lady like my mum any day. She’s intelligent n very caring.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Darkseid(m): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
My mum is the next greatest person on this earth; after me of course. Marrying a woman like my mum will be so awesome. I love you like crazy mum. Hit that like button if you love your mama like I do.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by amakadihot87(f): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
dukeprince50:
accept my condolence, but ur mom is dead, how do u expect ur dad make another woman happy?
if u mean he can't make u happy as a father taking care of children like mother's do, then you have to understand that men are not as playful and emotional as ladies do, i believe he's proud of u as a daughter, i didn't like my dad when i was a kid, but later i knew him very well, his sacrifices I'll never forget. sorry for ur loss sha
thanks dear
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Yeah yeah yeah, I wanna marry a wife like my mother... Only that,

She should not be as gentle as my mother. I love no-nonsense girls.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Divay22(f): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
No sad
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Indescribable18: 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
We see our parents as role models in a lot of things... For marriage, it's almost a different story...
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by lenghtinny(m): 2:27am On Mar 15, 2018
I can't marry someone like her... She's so opinionated and loves forcing her impressions on me even though it's for the best but I don't like people making decisions for me.
We are always having clashes of interest at the slightest opportunity with no one willing to back down and compromise. Having someone like her as a wife will only fasten my trip outta this world.

She's my everything still.....
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 15, 2018
Sure, I will grab the offer with my two hands. My mum is caring and she wants the best for her loved ones.

What else do a man need from a Lady apart from "Love".
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by naomishmuel(f): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2018
of course! He is simply the best
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2018
Yes o, he is very caring.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Indescribable18: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=Indescribable18 post=65713230]Just curious. I mean our parents' marriage is the first we see and we pick some loveable attributes we would like to see in our own marriage. For me absolute no to a man like my father but I hope to be a woman like my mom[/quote

?
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2018
Marrying a man like my dad is a definite no no,he was an absolute nonentity when he was alive.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by ufuosman(m): 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
Woman like my mum, I will do anything to get her
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by stylochime: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
That‘s my prayer point! My Mum is just perfect! She balances my father perfectly. Knows when to intervene in matters nd when to keep her distance. Knows how to take care of her husband. Is smart and always willing to learn new things.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Diamond23(f): 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
[/color] Just went through the comments, the guys r saying yes to a wife like der mothers while the ladies r saying no to a husband like their fathers . Does it mean fathers r these bad?.[color=#770077]
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by Mcy56(f): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Interesting topic! Here to read comments.

It's amazing to see guys rooting for their Mum....even with all those bashings of women here and there on NL? shocked

Hmmmmmm...... all is well o. sad
Re: Can You Marry A Man Like Your Father Or A Woman Like Your Mother by obonujoker(m): 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
Can't marry a man like my Dad if I was a woman... too much procrastination and coverup using church dogma... buh a very very nice heart....

Will marry my mum though... She completes the family...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Romance And Sex Jokes (adult Only) / Some Random Quotes That Will Crack Your Ribs / HIV Patient Joyce Mensah Sue ''wicked'' Jesus Christ In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.