Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger (3931 Views)

When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / After Getting Married, What Did You Stop Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Free(f): 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
ferlie ,
is dat wat U did grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Ferlie(m): 11:57pm On Mar 14, 2007
yes o.
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Free(f): 12:30am On Mar 15, 2007
ahaha

ya nasty grin grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Sexyabby(f): 2:02am On Mar 15, 2007
ewwwww dats so nasty
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by star01(m): 8:18am On Mar 15, 2007
tyme its gonna come wen he/she gonna realise its aint poper cos i did suck mine 4 14yrs,
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Creamish(f): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2007
@Ferlie----ewwwwwwwww----nasty but im sure it works FAST!
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2007
ferlie since you tried ur method did it work for you?

creamish i was told so many stories about my finger too grin
was told my lips would fall off grin
my thumb will rot grin
i will wake up oneday and an angel will take my finger away
so many lie lie stories

i still do suck my thumb and nothing has happened to me yet
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Creamish(f): 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2007
Ur case is DIVINE INTERVENTION! grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2007
nah . .
when i get married i'll still be sucking my finger grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by OAM4J: 2:18am On May 01, 2011
hmnnn! interesting!
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Nobody: 8:41am On May 01, 2011
How do you stop a child sucking his / her thumb? Well, you don't. It's something they generally out grow. It does them no harm, I can't really see what the issue is.
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On May 02, 2011
I dont think anything can and would work till the child is ready to stop.
Tell me how you would stop an 18 year old from sucking finders?
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by akunta(f): 10:10am On May 06, 2011
@op,
use 2 suck my thumb wen i was a kid
acc 2 my mum, she tried everythg
frm pepper 2 bitterleave 2 plaster
but cudnt get me 2 stop.
will usually go behind a door to suck it. grin
but, i guess i outgrew it.
not sure wen exactly, maybe
during the time i went to live wit my aunt
i was in pry 5 by then.
up till 2day my mum teases me wit it
saying, she didnt believe my thumb cud grow and be as healthy as other fingers. grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Blazay(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2011
I sucked minezzzz till I was 14. . . the bitter leaf and iodine applied by my parents to make me stop only made my left thumb sweeter.
When I discovered a pen-ish, tongue. . . it replaced the finger.
No education is wasted jare. cool

Thank my God I did not end up with one of those "Michelle Obama" kinds of sets of teeth.
We call it 'ako no gbe tumbler' those days(teeth wey dey break tumbler).
Very lucky I tellya.
14 good years of 'thumb-suckin'. . .world champion. cool

No. . .I will not stop them. Now I understand the psychology behind such an act(it is a comfort tool when they are scared or insecure).
Give 'em time.
Push come to shove. . . marry a goooooooooood dentist. cool
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by MMM2(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2011
just dip his or her hand inside ur toilet.
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by N101: 3:35pm On May 07, 2011
By and large, most children grow out of it.  As for people who still suck their thumbs, it's a comfort thing that non-thumb suckers wouldn't understand  cheesy

Blazay:

I sucked minezzzz till I was 14. . . the bitter leaf and iodine applied by my parents to make me stop only made my left thumb sweeter.
When I discovered a pen-ish, tongue. . . it replaced the finger.
No education is wasted jare. cool

Thank my God I did not end up with one of those "Michelle Obama" kinds of sets of teeth.
We call it 'ako no gbe tumbler' those days(teeth wey dey break tumbler).
Very lucky I tellya.
14 good years of 'thumb-suckin'. . .world champion. cool

No. . .I will not stop them. Now I understand the psychology behind such an act(it is a comfort tool when they are scared or insecure).
Give 'em time.
Push come to shove. . . marry a goooooooooood dentist. cool

Most thumb suckers who haven't worn braces look scarier than Michelle Obama  grin grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by horny4u(f): 8:14pm On May 07, 2011
Soak finger in swedish or living bitters worked for 2 of my sisters and better than pepper. I personally will not use pepper.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by ayomide202(f): 9:18pm On May 07, 2011
my kid brother used to smoke both thumbs i rem mum wrapped plaster round it, used bitter leaf but he still wont stop not to talk of verbal threats n spanking, she once cut his fingers n when i think about it i tot dat was the most cruel thing she could do. but he stopped finally about 11yrs old as he grew he only smoked in secret or when he was asleep. I dont think its anything really serious you can tell them to stop n remove from their mouth as often as u could but i wont go as far as hurting a child or spanking they will surely outgrow it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would You Feel If A Relative Intrude Your Privacy Like This? / Please Advice, Its Killing Me Inside / My name is Irene, I need you!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.